Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
51.06%
Johnson Central
48.94%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs Johnson Central 4A state championship
(11-28-2021, 05:02 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Will the Rebels "air attack" be to much for the Eagles or will JC's very physical, smash mouth run game keep Boyle's explosive offense on the sidelines for most of the game?

This is going to be a very emotional game for the Eagles and that (12th Man) will end up being the difference...

Johnson Central 35
Boyle County 31

The "air attack" is an image that isn't really accurate. Boyle has rushed for 2551 yards on the season and thrown for 2576 on the season. A 25 yard difference. Boyle will score some points, it's the Boyle defense that the game will ride on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • BCSO
I don't think anybody in Boyle County underestimates us anymore. They know exactly what they're getting. And so do we. It'll be a battle. But this is where we wanted to be. And I'm sure the Rebels are fired up too. Can't wait.
[-] The following 2 users Like Diogenes's post:
  • BCSO, BEChargers
(11-28-2021, 10:40 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Haddix knows how to stop JC.  Done it before at Perry County.  Only one to ever do so at Perry.  Get you another ring Coach Haddix.
Haddix was 1-2 against JC when he coached Perry County Central. Johnson Central lost the first game 35-27 and won the last meeting 53-7.

Haddix never really "stopped" Johnson Central's offense but PCC did slow them down and limited J.J. Jude to 150 yards in Haddix's first game against Matney. Jude provided most of Johnson Central's offense that year, so every opponent was able to key on him that season.

This year's Johnson Central team has 5 players who have rushed for at least 500 yards and scored at least 9 touchdowns. Haddix has proven that he is a much better coach now than he was when he coached PCC but Johnson Central's staff and many of their players also have state championship experience. Boyle County will not shut down Johnson Central's offense.
I don't look for Johnson Central to shut down Haddix offense either after what I saw last Friday night. This will be by far the best offense that Johnson Central has seen all year. Like B.E.Chargers said. It will come down to both defenses and not just Boyles. Who can stop who.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Bossdaddy 4115, Jack Lambert
Win or lose I think JC’s staff deserves a ton of credit for the job they’ve done this year. No team has faced more adversity then to have their legendary Head Coach pass away after a long battle with illness as well as their star player getting injured and being out for the season. It would have been really easy for the season to get completely off track. But Coach Trimble and the rest of the staff kept their head and kept working. This team has gotten better every week. They are going to need their best performance of the year to beat this Boyle Co team, but I know this staff will have the team ready.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister D's post:
  • BEChargers, Diogenes, Hatz, Pulp Fiction
If I were a betting man I would put my money on Boyle County in this one. I have nothing to really back this pick up. It's just a gut feeling, so take it for what it's worth.
JC's game plan will be pretty simple. Move the chains and keep Boyle's offense of the field. If there is one thing about JC that is underrated it is their defense. That monster of an offense gets the press for the team but the D has played well this year. JC needs to chew up a ton of clock, move the chains and punch it in. Then on D they need to frustrate Boyle and cause them to be impatient.

Boyle must be patient on Offense and get some stops on Defense.

I have a feeling this game will go back and forth down to the wire. If Boyle gets up a couple of scores, JC might be in trouble. One of the weaknesses of the offense is that it's not made to be able to come back quickly. On the other hand if JC gets ahead a couple of scores I could see them using almost a whole quarter and running a 20 play drive to put it away.

Boyle cannot let JC control the tempo of the game. But easier said than done.

Can't help but still be thinking about the Eagles burying their coach this season. Just terrible. I hope it's a great game, I still hope Boyle wins, but I hope it's a game for the ages. The JC football players deserve that.
[-] The following 4 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, khsgamenight
(11-28-2021, 03:30 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:02 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Will the Rebels "air attack" be to much for the Eagles or will JC's very physical, smash mouth run game keep Boyle's explosive offense on the sidelines for most of the game?

This is going to be a very emotional game for the Eagles and that (12th Man) will end up being the difference...

Johnson Central  35
Boyle County 31

The "air attack" is an image that isn't really accurate.  Boyle has rushed for 2551 yards on the season and thrown for 2576 on the season.  A 25 yard difference.  Boyle will score some points, it's the Boyle defense that the game will ride on.
I think it's very accurate. I didn't say Boyle couldn't run the ball, but their also a good passing team as well, and that's why I said "air attack". Everybody knows Boyle is a well-balanced team.
(11-28-2021, 03:37 PM)Diogenes Wrote: I don't think anybody in Boyle County underestimates us anymore. They know exactly what they're getting. And so do we. It'll be a battle. But this is where we wanted to be. And I'm sure the Rebels are fired up too. Can't wait.

You explained it best. Both teams/coaches/fans know what they are getting. Now who is going to go out there and get it? That’s the question. This game is going to be great!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCSO's post:
  • #55PirateFan
Interesting reading so far, fairly civil to this point I wonder how many non fans of both schools will stir the pot this week and make it heated.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Diogenes, Hatz
I don’t know if this will be as great a game as 2019, but man, this should be awesome.
This is a classic of two great powerhouse programs. I believe it will come down to the foot of a kicker.who ever wins it will be by 3 pts. Or less. Congratulations to both teams stay healthy and play this game with dignity and pride.
This game will come down to if Central can stop boyle’s offense. If they do no question Central wins this one..
Boyle County doesn't run an "air attack" at all. I can tell by reading the comments that some of you have no idea how good this Rebels team actually is.
Interesting facts:

Boyle county has only lost one game (Close game with LCA this year) over the 3 year stretch since the 2019 state championship loss to Johnson Central. 32-2 

Johnson central is 2-3 in state championships. appearing 6 times in the last 7 years, of those games 3 times jc was the home team all ended in losses, twice they was the visitors and won. This year they are the visitors??

(11-29-2021, 12:51 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle County doesn't run an "air attack" at all. I can tell by reading the comments that some of you have no idea how good this Rebels team actually is.
I think everyone knows how good this Boyle county team is, they don’t run an “air attack” but there’s no denying they do have an “air attack”.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Diogenes
Johnson central must shorten the game and limit possessions to win. They can do that with their line and backs. Must hold onto the ball and even on drives they don't score they must get some first downs to eat clock. I'm going to predict Johnson Central to win 22-21.
We have to defend. If we're gonna win, we have to defend like 2019. That's how we win, if we can. I hope. And hope
Is best thing.
Their last meeting may hold the key for this game as well. Turnovers. Mistakes.

JC executed perfectly in 2019 while Boyle had 5 turnovers. That was the difference in a 1 point game.

Whoever wins the TO battle wins IMO.

JC rarely makes those mistakes so I think they hold a big edge there.
I’d like to see JC come out on top. I think each defense will struggle to stop the other. 35-31 JC is what I’m going with.
(11-28-2021, 01:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: There is nothing random about Boyle County being the favorite. Their convincing win over Frederick Douglass after suffering only one early-season narrow loss to Lexington Christian established them as the team to beat. I think Johnson Central has a great shot at beating the Colonels but entering a state final game as the underdog is not a bad thing. There is no way that the Golden Eagles' players and coaches will enter the game overconfident. If Johnson Central executes as well as it did in the 2019 state championship game, I think that they will almost certainly leave the field with a win.

Rebels
(11-29-2021, 02:37 AM)Diogenes Wrote: We have to defend. If we're gonna win, we have to defend like 2019. That's how we win, if we can. I hope. And hope
Is best thing.

And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.
My head says Boyle but my heart says JC. It seems like its fate for JC to win this one for coach Matney.
(11-29-2021, 12:05 PM)BCSO Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:37 AM)Diogenes Wrote: We have to defend. If we're gonna win, we have to defend like 2019. That's how we win, if we can. I hope. And hope
Is best thing.

And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.
Those four turnovers were not unforced and several incomplete passes, including the last one thrown to Reese Smith were the result of heavy contact before the receiver could secure possession of the ball. IMO, Boyle County tried to force the ball to its primary playmaker a little too often instead of taking what the JC defense was giving them. Colwick had a great game but he was open often enough to have had a much bigger game. I think that if Boyle County had played a little more conservatively on offense, then they probably would have had fewer turnovers and won the 2019 title.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz, Pulp Fiction
(11-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:05 PM)BCSO Wrote:
Is best thing.

Those four turnovers were not unforced and several incomplete passes, including the last one thrown to Reese Smith were the result of heavy contact before the receiver could secure possession of the ball. IMO, Boyle County tried to force the ball to its primary playmaker a little too often instead of taking what the JC defense was giving them. Colwick had a great game but he was open often enough to have had a much bigger game. I think that if Boyle County had played a little more conservatively on offense, then they probably would have had fewer turnovers and won the 2019 title.

This Boyle County team > That Boyle County team
Pulling for Johnson Central in this one
(11-28-2021, 10:40 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Haddix knows how to stop JC.  Done it before at Perry County.  Only one to ever do so at Perry.  Get you another ring Coach Haddix.

Are you sure he did?   I don’t remember it like that.
(11-16-2021, 07:41 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 04:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Corbin 35
Johnson 21

Johnson Central’s defense just isn’t at the same level it has been in previous seasons and they will have a tough time covering Corbins athletes. This JC team is great compared to most but just not the same caliber of team that they have had in last 4 or 5 seasons.
That is an interesting analysis. By my math, and I am one of the few Johnson Countians who can count to 100 - by your estimation, Johnson Central's defense is 7 points better than the 6-7 Lincoln County team that gave up 84 points to Corbin in two games and Johnson Central's offense is equal to Lincoln County's offense. Lincoln County must have played a killer schedule to have lost so many games.
I can count that high as well, but I get to like 21 and suddenly remember that’s all it took to beat the mighty rebels in 2019 and I just stop counting

(11-28-2021, 12:03 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: boyle is lucky they dodged the west knox all stars or their loss would have been worse ..

ill take matneys boys 35-21 boyle cant stop the run

Food for thought since Coach Haddix has been at Boyle his defense has only allowed 2 teams to rush for a 100 yards or more against Boyle’s varsity starters those 2 teams are Franklin County in last year’s state championship game and LCA the second game of the season this year not bad for a team that can’t stop the run!
(11-29-2021, 02:28 PM)GroundNPound Wrote:

Are you sure he did?   I don’t remember it like that.
I remember a running clock lol
I think both teams are great, but I'm pulling for JC because I want them to get the trophy for Matney
(11-29-2021, 02:56 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:41 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 07:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 04:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Corbin 35
Johnson 21

Johnson Central’s defense just isn’t at the same level it has been in previous seasons and they will have a tough time covering Corbins athletes. This JC team is great compared to most but just not the same caliber of team that they have had in last 4 or 5 seasons.
That is an interesting analysis. By my math, and I am one of the few Johnson Countians who can count to 100 - by your estimation, Johnson Central's defense is 7 points better than the 6-7 Lincoln County team that gave up 84 points to Corbin in two games and Johnson Central's offense is equal to Lincoln County's offense. Lincoln County must have played a killer schedule to have lost so many games.
I can count that high as well, but I get to like 21 and suddenly remember that’s all it took to beat the mighty rebels in 2019 and I just stop counting

(11-28-2021, 12:03 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: boyle is lucky they dodged the west knox all stars or their loss would have been worse ..

ill take matneys boys 35-21 boyle cant stop the run

Food for thought since Coach Haddix has been at Boyle his defense has only allowed 2 teams to rush for a 100 yards or more against Boyle’s varsity starters those 2 teams are Franklin County in last year’s state championship game and LCA the second game of the season this year not bad for a team that can’t stop the run!

its easy to stop the run against cupcakes .. they knew the run was coming against lca and gave up 450 on the ground .. imagine what centrals about to do