Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
51.06%
Johnson Central
48.94%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs Johnson Central 4A state championship
Thoughts and predictions.
I gotta stay with the Eagles..this has the potential to be the best game in any class next week. What a season it has been . No score predictions from me on this one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Granny Bear, Hatz
^Same here. I am happy that the Golden Eagles seem to be considered big underdogs again in the game against Boyle County. I think Johnson Central has a great chance to pull off the upset but it will take another great effort.
It will be a great game can’t wait, Pulling for the Eagles all the way. 2 great teams on the battlefield, it comes down to who wants it more.
JC won't let this one get by them. JC by 2 touchdowns.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDawgPrez's post:
  • FALL1N1
I think Boyle is definitely good enough to win this game but they can’t make the same mistakes Franklin and Corbin did. Can’t have turnovers especially in your own territory. Don’t let JC get momentum quickly or they’ll keep it and the ball all night long. Not gonna stop JC running game completely but have to fill gaps and try to force at least a couple 3 and outs. JC done a nice job defending the pass against Franklin but Boyle is a different animal, Haddix passing offense has the ability to score on every play and if it comes down to a scoring contest I think Boyle has the upper hand. Definitely be streaming this one be one of the better if not the best game of the weekend imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Jack Lambert
All I will say is Johnson Central is playing for more than a state title. They are playing for their coach and the heart and soul of Paintsville. Two years ago, Central played with pride. This year, they will play inspired. If they win this game, there will not be a dry eye in the house. Best game of the weekend though.
Boyle. No one's beating Haddix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Come in n Hoot. Boyle isn’t a heavy favorite over JC. Nowhere near the favorite like the 2019 team was.

It’s going to be a nail biter all the way.

JC is a talented team on a Mission.

BC is a talented team working for a repeat that few saw in the preseason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Boyle in a close one.
(11-27-2021, 03:43 PM)Hatz Wrote: Come in n Hoot. Boyle isn’t a heavy favorite over JC. Nowhere near the favorite like the 2019 team was.

It’s going to be a nail biter all the way.

JC is a talented team on a Mission.

BC is a talented team working for a repeat that few saw in the preseason.
Check the poll on the other popular Kentucky high school sports board, which is more representative of statewide opinions, IMO. The current tally is 31-11 in favor of a Boyle County win. CalPreps has Boyle County a 7-point favorite, which is a preliminary spread that may change.

The 2019 Boyle County team should never have been a heavy favorite over Johnson Central, but I agree that most people across the state outside of eastern Kentucky held that opinion.

This Johnson Central team lost one of the top head coaches in the state and will be playing without its best running back. This Boyle County team is at least as much a favorite as the 2019 team should have been. Johnson Central is capable of winning next week, but Boyle County is clearly the favorite.
Boyle by 21
It will be a great game I believe. I believe Jc needs to control the clock and keep boyles offensive off the field as much as possible.
This is going to be a good one. I'll take boyle I'm a close one. Who ever wins will earn it.
It’s gonna be a close one for sure. I’m going with JC because of there ability to control the ball and clock. I would’ve picked Boyle 2 weeks ago but this Johnson Central secondary has only gotten better every week.
Really like Boyle DL, especial their NG against this JC OL; strength of Boyle LB's is their speed and athleticism. How well the LB group holds up against the physicality of JC will be a key to how this game turns out.

Offensively, Boyle will have their way with JC defense who will struggle to keep tabs on Lanter.
Special teams heavily favors Boyle.

Boyle wins by 2td's
Will the Rebels "air attack" be to much for the Eagles or will JC's very physical, smash mouth run game keep Boyle's explosive offense on the sidelines for most of the game?

This is going to be a very emotional game for the Eagles and that (12th Man) will end up being the difference...

Johnson Central 35
Boyle County 31
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Hatz
Haddix knows how to stop JC. Done it before at Perry County. Only one to ever do so at Perry. Get you another ring Coach Haddix.
I don’t see Boyle being a a big favorite in this game. I think JC jus wants that title off their back to give them more to play for.  JC is tuff, big up front and physical. They play a different game than what most see all year long. Boyle will need to force a fumble, get Atleast 9 in the gaps on D. Force 2-3 punts.

That being said. The special teams and coaching will be the difference. 

JC right tackle will be the most dominant player up front obviously. Boyle needs a big game from 36, 9, 29, and 6 on defense. That’s where 99% of all championships are won. 

Good luck Haddix and your Rebels. Quite a few from Corbin rooting for ya, even the old hounds that let you go.

Boyle 28
Jc 20
boyle is lucky they dodged the west knox all stars or their loss would have been worse ..

ill take matneys boys 35-21 boyle cant stop the run
We're coming to play. Don't know the outcome, but Central is ready and playing like a house on fire, and for a big reason.
JC is the underdog and don’t try to convince the people of Johnson County otherwise, this is the exact scenario in which they thrive.

Wether it is real or not, JC coaching staff will use the disrespect card to their full advantage. If Boyle has anymore loud mouths that want to actually disrespect JC, I’m sure it would be welcomed.

35-20 JC
44-15

(11-28-2021, 12:13 PM)2000PHS Wrote: JC is the underdog and don’t try to convince the people of Johnson County otherwise, this is the exact scenario in which they thrive.

Wether it is real or not, JC coaching staff will use the disrespect card to their full advantage. If Boyle has anymore loud mouths that want to actually disrespect JC, I’m sure it would be welcomed.

35-20 JC

You randomly saying JC is the underdog on a message board doesn't make it so. Nice try to stir things up though.
I'm rooting for my fellow Breathitt County boy in Justin Haddix. With that said I told myself after the Corbin game I wouldn't pick against JC again

JC 30-28 in a classic.
There is nothing random about Boyle County being the favorite. Their convincing win over Frederick Douglass after suffering only one early-season narrow loss to Lexington Christian established them as the team to beat. I think Johnson Central has a great shot at beating the Colonels but entering a state final game as the underdog is not a bad thing. There is no way that the Golden Eagles' players and coaches will enter the game overconfident. If Johnson Central executes as well as it did in the 2019 state championship game, I think that they will almost certainly leave the field with a win.
Rooting for you mountain boys from Johnson Central. My son grew up playing with this group of seniors, who all are great young men with awesome families. Coach Matney was such a high part of my sons life from 2nd thru 9th grades. I think these boys win it for a special coach and man. They will not be denied in my opinion. Good Luck Johnson Central.
(11-28-2021, 10:40 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Haddix knows how to stop JC.  Done it before at Perry County.  Only one to ever do so at Perry.  Get you another ring Coach Haddix.
He might very well know how to stop it but can he get his players to match the physicality that JC plays with we will find out… Also don’t underestimate JC’s QB not only does he read the defense very well he has an underrated arm with two speedy receivers in #10 and #19.

(11-28-2021, 02:10 PM)HillTopGenius Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 10:40 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Haddix knows how to stop JC.  Done it before at Perry County.  Only one to ever do so at Perry.  Get you another ring Coach Haddix.
He might very well know how to stop it but can he get his players to match the physicality that JC plays with we will find out… Also don’t underestimate JC’s QB not only does he read the defense very well he has an underrated arm with two speedy receivers in #10 and #19
Give me Boyle by 10
Boyle County certainly has their work cut out for them this week. Johnson Central isn’t going to roll over like a lot of these other teams have. Johnson Central doesn’t need much motivation as they already have a lot of it (Coach Matney).

Good luck to both teams as I pray both teams have a safe trip and injury free game. Oh, and I’ll take the Rebels in a nail biter!

(11-28-2021, 01:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: There is nothing random about Boyle County being the favorite. Their convincing win over Frederick Douglass after suffering only one early-season narrow loss to Lexington Christian established them as the team to beat. I think Johnson Central has a great shot at beating the Colonels but entering a state final game as the underdog is not a bad thing. There is no way that the Golden Eagles' players and coaches will enter the game overconfident. If Johnson Central executes as well as it did in the 2019 state championship game, I think that they will almost certainly leave the field with a win.

I know the coaches of Boyle County will keep the team humble. Anything that can happen will happen. 2019 will serve as a reminder I’m certain.
Knowing how and doing is two different things lol Everybody knows how to stop it, got to have the players that are physical enough to do it. I assure you Eddie James knew how to stop it last week and they executed it to almost perfection but Johnson central
is just more physical in the trenches and even the backfield. Lot of people say “nObOdY UnDeReSTiMaTeS ThEM” but yet for the last 3 weeks (pretty much past 7 years) people have done nothing but underestimated Johnson central’s abilities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Diogenes