Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-16-2021, 01:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I would LOVE to be there!!!  But I'm not sure I could negotiate the walking.  I will just depend on Bull's updates!!

I'm having trouble walking right now, but if this pain leaves my body I'd like to come to this game. The last time I went to a game in Corbin I had a migraine and nobody could or would even give me an aspirin, and I had to walk back to depot street. That's a long walk back and forth when you don't feel like walking to begin with. lol
If you would have walked the same distance in the other direction you could have probably gotten something stronger! Hahaha
(11-16-2021, 02:00 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 01:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 01:00 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Something tells me you might see some things from the Redhounds that you haven't seen all season. I think maybe they have been pointing to this game since this time last year. I suspect both the on and off field stuff  last year in Paintsville  burns in the memory  of  these Hounds. Time for the coaches to let the dogs out. Nows the time!!! Feeding time!!!!
I’m a pretty Paws-itive guy, but what if that something you haven’t seen all season from the redhounds turns out to be a loss Smile
Smoked bird being served in Corbin this Friday.
You know its illegal to kill an Eagle, I really hope you’re just celebrating thanksgiving early brother. Two things don’t last in November…Dogs that play in traffic and teams that don’t run the ball!
There’s a fence around the field. 

“Welcome to Corbin!” Replied Mr. Huff
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Should be a great game. Give me Corbin in a close one 31-28
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMusic's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-16-2021, 09:07 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 01:08 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I would LOVE to be there!!!  But I'm not sure I could negotiate the walking.  I will just depend on Bull's updates!!

I'm having trouble walking right now, but if this pain leaves my body I'd like to come to this game. The last time I went to a game in Corbin I had a migraine and nobody could or would even give me an aspirin, and I had to walk back to depot street. That's a long walk back and forth when you don't feel like walking to begin with. lol
If you would have walked the same distance in the other direction you could have probably gotten something stronger! Hahaha
That's funny. lol. It was strange that nobody could give me a headache pill. Not an athletic trainer, EMT, health organization. That's a bad shape to be in. Sometimes if I can hurry and take something it slows it down before it gets bad, but not a single person would help me. I guess everybody is afraid of getting sued or something. lol
Sounds like Old School Hound has more family in football that 64SUR!!!!
(11-16-2021, 07:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hoping to see some of my Baker-Smith-Johnson-Terrell- Proffitt cousins at the game.  I hear all of them are picking a big Corbin win in this one.
I'm not a Profitt, but some match DNA with me. lol
(11-16-2021, 11:38 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Sounds like Old School Hound has more family in football that 64SUR!!!!

Both of them are probably my cousins. lol. There's an older gentleman that lives in Corbin that is my cousin. I need to go have lunch with him, and talk family history. He tells me we are related to Daniel Boone.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
What happen on and off the field that was bad?
(11-16-2021, 02:11 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote: What happen on and off the field that was bad?
This thread has been very enjoyable to read, and pretty laid back. I’ll send you a PM as long as we keep it on the PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
(11-16-2021, 04:09 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 02:11 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote: What happen on and off the field that was bad?
This thread has been very enjoyable to read, and pretty laid back. I’ll send you a PM as long as we keep it on the PM

well the rest of us wanna know
Corbin 35
Johnson 21

Johnson Central’s defense just isn’t at the same level it has been in previous seasons and they will have a tough time covering Corbins athletes. This JC team is great compared to most but just not the same caliber of team that they have had in last 4 or 5 seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • 64SUR
Giving a tip to Johnson Central fans come early parking is a problem!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Gold River
(11-16-2021, 05:12 PM)64SUR Wrote: Giving a tip to Johnson Central fans come early parking is a problem!!

Dang, I am already having to take off work early...now I guess I need to ask for another hour... :-(
[-] The following 2 users Like Old guy's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Picking corbin but pulling for JC
(11-16-2021, 04:55 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Corbin 35
Johnson 21

Johnson Central’s defense just isn’t at the same level it has been in previous seasons and they will have a tough time covering Corbins athletes. This JC team is great compared to most but just not the same caliber of team that they have had in last 4 or 5 seasons.
That is an interesting analysis. By my math, and I am one of the few Johnson Countians who can count to 100 - by your estimation, Johnson Central's defense is 7 points better than the 6-7 Lincoln County team that gave up 84 points to Corbin in two games and Johnson Central's offense is equal to Lincoln County's offense. Lincoln County must have played a killer schedule to have lost so many games.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Gold River, Hatz, Jack Lambert
(11-16-2021, 07:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Johnson 21

That is an interesting analysis. By my math, and I am one of the few Johnson Countians who can count to 100 - by your estimation, Johnson Central's defense is 7 points better than the 6-7 Lincoln County team that gave up 84 points to Corbin in two games and Johnson Central's offense is equal to Lincoln County's offense. Lincoln County must have played a killer schedule to have lost so many games.
I can count that high as well, but I get to like 21 and suddenly remember that’s all it took to beat the mighty rebels in 2019 and I just stop counting
Johnson 21

Id say by your math Hoot, He got the score predictin right, you said Johnson Centrals defense is 7 points better than Lincoln so that brings Corbin to 35 points and Johnson Centrals offense is equal to Lincoln and Ill add 7 points. 

Corbin 35
Johnson Central 28 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Just ruffling your feathers Hoot!
I have a gut feeling it’s gonna come down to a FG. Gonna be a war for sure. We’ll be ready though. Let the bird dawgs loose. Can’t sleep already and I’m not even playing.
Im sure it’s been said but I’ve not around for a little while, there’s no way this game should be for a region championship… Ton of respect for the JC program and I think it goes without saying they’ll come ready to play Friday night. I believe Corbin has all the pieces to win this game so I’m gonna say 28-21 Corbin. I’ll save my good luck to the Eagles but do wish them safe travels, hope you enjoy our little town if you show up early to eat, just hoping you leave the game disappointed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Wanting to listen to this game on the radio Friday. Last year I was able to listen on 98.9 WSIP on my Simple Radio app. Are they doing the game this weekend?
(11-16-2021, 08:06 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Wanting to listen to this game on the radio Friday.  Last year I was able to listen on 98.9 WSIP on my Simple Radio app.  Are they doing the game this weekend?
Yes they will be doing it, pregame call in show stats at 6:00pm if im not mistaken
[-] The following 2 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Rebel55, Westside
(11-16-2021, 05:59 PM)Old guy Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 05:12 PM)64SUR Wrote: Giving a tip to Johnson Central fans come early parking is a problem!!

Dang, I am already having to take off work early...now I guess I need to ask for another hour... :-(

What do you Eagles like for Supper? We'll tell you good places to eat.
(11-16-2021, 08:01 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: I have a gut feeling it’s gonna come down to a FG. Gonna be a war for sure. We’ll be ready though. Let the bird dawgs loose. Can’t sleep already and I’m not even playing.

I'm already tore up Smile I watched practice today. Business as usual. I saw some of the defensive change................... Ill leave that alone. Everyone looks locked in. I need more coffee............ Irish creamer..................please.
I hope Corbin is 50% Running and 50% passing ……..Just saying clock runs to fast if both teams are running the ball
(11-16-2021, 08:44 PM)64SUR Wrote: I hope Corbin is 50% Running and 50% passing ……..Just saying clock runs to fast if both teams are running the ball

If I was the Offensive Coordinator (My past experience being 5 Time Tehno Bowl Champion and 4 Time Madden Champion) I would go Hail Mary every other play Woah Woah Woah Woah . 

As Defensive Coordinator Defense double wing - YouTube
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115
(11-16-2021, 09:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 08:44 PM)64SUR Wrote: I hope Corbin is 50% Running and 50% passing ……..Just saying clock runs to fast if both teams are running the ball

If I was the Offensive Coordinator (My past experience being 5 Time Tehno Bowl Champion and 4 Time Madden Champion) I would go Hail Mary every other play Woah Woah Woah Woah . 

I just don’t see Johnson Central playing pass defense.
(11-16-2021, 09:09 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I just don’t see Johnson Central playing pass defense.

They will have to in this game..................If I was coach. Hail Mary, Hail Mary.................. Big Grin
(11-16-2021, 07:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
Johnson 21

Id say by your math Hoot, He got the score predictin right, you said Johnson Centrals defense is 7 points better than Lincoln so that brings Corbin to 35 points and Johnson Centrals offense is equal to Lincoln and Ill add 7 points. 

Corbin 35
Johnson Central 28 

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Just ruffling your feathers Hoot!
And I am just ruffling Running Wild's feathers. Smile 

I will say this to those, including Running Wild, who say that Corbin has too many athletes for Johnson Central to match up with - my opinion of athletes must not be the same as yours. IMO, outstanding wrestlers are outstanding athletes because there are few sports that require the agility, strength, endurance, and quickness that wrestling does. Johnson Central's football roster is loaded with wrestlers who are considered legitimate contenders for individual state wrestling titles. 

I was a member of Johnson Central's first wrestling team and I can tell you from first-hand experience that if you are matched against a superior athlete, the six minutes of a wrestling match are the longest six minutes in sports. If you have ever spent two minutes on a wrestling mat bridging to avoid getting pinned, then you have probably experienced the longest two minutes in sports.

I believe that those who assume that Corbin has a big edge in athleticism are underestimating next week's opponent. There is more to athleticism than raw speed, although raw speed is definitely an important component of what it means to be an athlete. Wrestling, weight lifting, and physical conditioning have formed the foundation of Johnson Central's football program since Jim Matney arrived at the school, and hopefully, his legacy will continue in both sports in the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Gold River
(11-16-2021, 12:23 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Something tells me you might see some things from the Redhounds that you haven't seen all season. I think maybe they have been pointing to this game since this time last year. I suspect both the on and off field stuff  last year in Paintsville  burns in the memory  of  these Hounds. Time for the coaches to let the dogs out. Nows the time!!! Feeding time!!!!

(11-16-2021, 04:09 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
I have no problem with that ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next