Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
67.65%
Raceland
32.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pikeville at Raceland 9/13
(09-13-2024, 09:28 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: This game has to give some of the bubble teams in Class A some hope.  Obvioisly Pikeville has been the standard but both  these teams have been the top teams in Class A for several years and neither team looks very good right now.

Agreed. But still some hope, they both look exactly like they did last September then both made it to Kroger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(09-13-2024, 09:32 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-13-2024, 09:28 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: This game has to give some of the bubble teams in Class A some hope.  Obvioisly Pikeville has been the standard but both  these teams have been the top teams in Class A for several years and neither team looks very good right now.

Agreed. But still some hope, they both look exactly like they did last September then both made it to Kroger.
Defensively both teams look solid and will shut down most Class A teams.  The issue both teams are having is a lack of offensive identity.  Not having Anthony in the backfield hurts Pikeville a lot too.
(09-13-2024, 09:36 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(09-13-2024, 09:32 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Defensively both teams look solid and will shut down most Class A teams.  The issue both teams are having is a lack of offensive identity.  Not having Anthony in the backfield hurts Pikeville a lot too.

It sure doesn't help but I will say Raceland is much better on defense than I expected. It will take them far in Class A.
  • Orange Blaze
Pikeville has 14 yards on the ground and Raceland has 12 passing yards. Pike up 6-0 on yet another long score….who would’ve guessed it. I don’t believe these two teams defenses are this good. Maybe both of these teams are just not good ?? Idk we shall see as the season moves along
I look for Anthony to get some carries in the 2nd half
(09-13-2024, 09:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I look for Anthony to get some carries in the 2nd half
What was his injury? Is this the same injury he had last year when he sat out against Raceland?
Anyone who says Pikeville isn’t the Brendon Anthony’s is blind
Which punter is gonna pull a hammy first?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • jetpilot
You knew it was coming. LOL
Looks like he came up lame again. Hope he’s okay.

This one bout to get ugly

We have no hope throwing the ball. Need to make a change there, imo.

Ison is a wasted athlete at QB.
I hope I’m wrong but this game could potentially be a running clock. Raceland imploded after halftime.
Pikeville's D closes gaps quick. Hard to break any runs.
Early on I though sons size and strength would buy him time. He needs to be back at WR and wildcat QB. Waller throws the ball better but actually sees the field. That’s what makes us better.
Raceland recovers a fumble at the end of the third quarter. Rams ball to start the 4th
Cut out penalties and turnovers and this is 28-0...sheeeesh Pikeville has been hard to watch all year so far
Why not try cooper at qb?
Big time comeback by the Rams, gonna be a fun 4th quarter
It is now 16-13 Pikeville with 6:39 to play.
(09-13-2024, 10:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Cut out penalties and turnovers and this is 28-0...sheeeesh Pikeville has been hard to watch all year so far
Are you watching the same game ?? You’ve bumped your head. I believe Pikeville is better then Raceland but I don’t  understand where you’re coming up with 28 points
I am so confused by Pikevilles OL. They can’t block anything until Anthony is in the game…
Did Ison get hurt? Or did they just make a change at QB?
Made a change. That was a helluva 2nd half by both teams.
(09-13-2024, 10:33 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-13-2024, 10:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Cut out penalties and turnovers and this is 28-0...sheeeesh Pikeville has been hard to watch all year so far
Are you watching the same game ?? You’ve bumped your head. I believe Pikeville is better then Raceland but I don’t  understand where you’re coming up with 28 points

TD called back for hold or it's 21-0. Then let the punt hit them on the 50 when they could have had it in Raceland territory up 21-0, game over...
(09-13-2024, 10:50 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Made a change. That was a helluva 2nd half by both teams.
Other than Pikeville letting a punt hit them on the 50 up 16-0 to keep Raceland in it then fumbling it back to Raceland on a big run for a first down the next series...if Pikeville can clean up half their mistakes it's a 4-peat...

Raceland is better than I thought though...hope to see them again in Pikeville or Lexington.
(09-13-2024, 10:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-13-2024, 10:50 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Made a change. That was a helluva 2nd half by both teams.
Other than Pikeville letting a punt hit them on the 50 up 16-0 to keep Raceland in it then fumbling it back to Raceland on a big run for a first down the next series...if Pikeville can clean up half their mistakes it's a 4-peat...

Raceland is better than I thought though...hope to see them again in Pikeville or Lexington.
I think the punt team being able to recover a ball after it hits a player trying to block is stupid. It should be downed right there. The only person that should be allowed to return a punt is the one guy the return team sends back and if he muffs a punt then you can recover it but not from a player who’s trying to block
(09-13-2024, 11:01 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-13-2024, 10:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I think the punt team being able to recover a ball after it hits a player trying to block is stupid. It should be downed right there. The only person that should be allowed to return a punt is the one guy the return team sends back and if he muffs a punt then you can recover it but not from a player who’s trying to block
Pikeville let every punt for Raceland roll 20-30 yards except the one where they really should have been getting away from that they let hit them and go back to Raceland. Raceland never quit, and I'm sure their goal is to get back to Kroger again. Sign of an excellent program after how good that last Sr class was.
  • RAMDAD50