Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry Central
(08-14-2024, 11:29 PM)beercanchicken Wrote: Didn’t look so good during scrimmage I heard. Not a good sign if they going to struggle against pike central . What’s the problem ?
Yea without Noah we will struggle, our run game is good with that line, but our pass game is non existent now, I had high hopes this year to be better then last year but I’m afraid that went down the drain .. Time will tell I guess.
(08-15-2024, 09:56 AM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-14-2024, 11:29 PM)beercanchicken Wrote: Didn’t look so good during scrimmage I heard. Not a good sign if they going to struggle against pike central . What’s the problem ?
Yea without Noah we will struggle, our run game is good with that line, but our pass game is non existent now, I had high hopes this year to be better then last year but I’m afraid that went down the drain .. Time will tell I guess.
How’s Leslie going to do since Noah is there? Should do great with that weak schedule they’ve got. You’d at least better hope they do as much hype as you’ve tried to put behind him.
(08-15-2024, 10:40 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
How’s Leslie going to do since Noah is there? Should do great with that weak schedule they’ve got. You’d at least better hope they do as much hype as you’ve tried to put behind him.
Top 2 in district   Real shot at winning it with Noah there
Heard the line struggled against of what looked like a jv d line . Got to the qb and rb easily

(08-15-2024, 02:44 PM)beercanchicken Wrote:
Heard the line struggled against of what looked like a jv d line . Got to the qb and rb easily
Going to try and check them out tonight for myself

Going to try and check them out tonight for myself
You seen what a big time playmaker can do last year at Perry, he led us to the second round of the playoffs and was the most explosive player we had, now add him to Leslie and he’ll do the same.  Scary part is, there’s more Kilburns coming up, hopefully they stay with Perry!
Did Perry win a game last year that they wasn’t supposed to win? I didn’t see a shocker on their schedule besides Somerset which was awful. They were a good solid team but nothing over the top and please don’t act like Noah was the only player on the team. That’s a slap in the face to all the other boys out there busting their tails to help get those wins also. He’s a solid player on what was a solid team. He did nothing by himself and let’s not talk about the playoff game. Lincoln county wasn’t this big powerhouse team but congratulations to the dores for winning a playoff game. If that’s the biggest thing you can say they’ve done though is that truly a great accomplishment? Knocking off boyle county and Noah leading the charge would’ve been something to brag about.

Did Perry win a game last year that they wasn’t supposed to win? I didn’t see a shocker on their schedule besides Somerset which was awful. They were a good solid team but nothing over the top and please don’t act like Noah was the only player on the team. That’s a slap in the face to all the other boys out there busting their tails to help get those wins also. He’s a solid player on what was a solid team. He did nothing by himself and let’s not talk about the playoff game. Lincoln county wasn’t this big powerhouse team but congratulations to the dores for winning a playoff game. If that’s the biggest thing you can say they’ve done though is that truly a great accomplishment? Knocking off boyle county and Noah leading the charge would’ve been something to brag about.

There was some good running backs, linebackers, lineman and plenty of others that put in a hell of a lot of work to win those games. Not just one like you try to make it out to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(08-15-2024, 09:53 PM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote: Did Perry win a game last year that they wasn’t supposed to win? I didn’t see a shocker on their schedule besides Somerset which was awful. They were a good solid team but nothing over the top and please don’t act like Noah was the only player on the team. That’s a slap in the face to all the other boys out there busting their tails to help get those wins also. He’s a solid player on what was a solid team. He did nothing by himself and let’s not talk about the playoff game. Lincoln county wasn’t this big powerhouse team but congratulations to the dores for winning a playoff game. If that’s the biggest thing you can say they’ve done though is that truly a great accomplishment? Knocking off boyle county and Noah leading the charge would’ve been something to brag about.

There was some good running backs, linebackers, lineman and plenty of others that put in a hell of a lot of work to win those games. Not just one like you try to make it out to be.
I've said the exact same thing brother it's disrespectful to every kid on the pcc team when you try an put them down all to push one player to the top kinda sad when parents, fans, or anybody does that stuff when it's a team sport!
If I was Perry, I'd definitely be starting the freshman QB. He looks much more comfortable and throws better balls then other kid from what I saw.
I’m hearing some the Perry kids trying to jump ship already…
Oh really? That's interesting, I wonder where they will go?
(08-16-2024, 12:23 PM)Rambo4 Wrote: Oh really?  That's interesting,  I wonder where they will go?
Just down the road . H . Seen some not so good play calling last night and the defense wasn’t impressive a bit .the qb needs to scan the field more and the Running game didnt show me much either. which looked to me like they ran the same play over and over gotta hit the outside sometimes smh

(08-16-2024, 12:46 PM)beercanchicken Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 12:23 PM)Rambo4 Wrote: Oh really?  That's interesting,  I wonder where they will go?
Just down the road . H . Seen some not so good play calling last night and the defense wasn’t impressive a bit .the qb needs to scan the field more and the Running game didnt show me much either. which looked to me like they ran the same play over and over gotta hit the outside sometimes smh
There’s no hype in this team what so ever. They look like a bunch of bluh emojis out there .
Tough crowd!!! lol
They was playing a really good and veteran team last night in Belfry .They have ton holes to fill from last year team. Run game wasn’t there. I was impressed with the freshman QB . He made so nice throws . WR drop some balls but it early. But I don’t think there going be as good last year Perry. But they play a lot young kids. So for sure bright future
(08-16-2024, 01:46 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: Tough crowd!!! lol
They was playing a really good and veteran team last night in Belfry .They have ton holes to fill from last year team. Run game wasn’t there. I was impressed with the freshman QB . He made so nice throws . WR drop some balls but it early. But I don’t think there going be as good last year Perry. But they play a lot young kids. So for sure bright future
QB is fine, but he don’t have the big time target to throw too like we had last year, if we still had Noah, our QB situation would be fine like last year, again take him off that team last year and our passing game is non existent
They can’t be a run game with no blocking defense was in the back field before the hand offs during both scrimmages but still found a few yards here and there and I agree with u on the qb in my opinion he should be the starter

(08-16-2024, 02:14 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
QB is fine, but he don’t have the big time target to throw too like we had last year, if we still had Noah, our QB situation would be fine like last year, again take him off that team last year and our passing game is non existent
Take Kizer off the team last year and Noah doesn’t get big time plays. A big time player could make big time plays against Corbin and Boyle but that didn’t happen . Mister BigTime
Here is the rule BGR has in place:

3. Racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will not be tolerated. You are free to express your opinion on any issue with the exception of derogatory or inappropriate comments. Making false claims will result in Suspension. Attempts to discuss criminal behavior of student-athletes is not permitted in the high school forums. Responsible discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted. Obey all applicable country, state, and federal laws when using this site. Any illegal activity will be handed over to the appropriate authorities which could result in you being criminally prosecuted.

Even if a story is true about a student athlete, it still isn't permitted to be discussed. Most often, stories are fluid and most of the time even litigious. These issues are never reported accurately, even with substantiation.

The last thing in the world anyone should do, is hinder or hurt a student athlete.

I appreciate your understanding.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Westside
Great post, Bull.  Let me also add the following:

1. Personal attacks or threats to another member whether in forum or messaging will result in Suspension. Bashing or taunting of any high school athletes will not be tolerated.

Guys, refrain from personal attacks on others.  With the site getting ready to experience its busiest time of the year, we do not want to suspend anyone, which I just had to do.  This site thrives on different points of views and good, healthy debates.  What we don't need is personal attacks.  Let's all have a great season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-16-2024, 02:26 PM)Blitz22 Wrote:
They can’t be a run game with no blocking defense was in the back field before the hand offs during both scrimmages but still found a few yards here and there and I agree with u on the qb in my opinion he should be the starter

(08-16-2024, 02:14 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
Take Kizer off the team last year and Noah doesn’t get big time plays. A big time player could make big time plays against Corbin and Boyle but that didn’t happen . Mister BigTime
UK would have struggled against Boyle last year, we didn’t have the line to match them or  the speed, so throw that out the window, no one was beating them last year.   And I disagree, I think AD would have had the same success as kizer last year with those receivers and kizer is a nice QB but you have to have the recievers.
Well just went through the whole thread and didn’t see any racist homophobic or sexist comments but maybe I missed something
(08-16-2024, 03:21 PM)Blitz22 Wrote: Well just went through the whole thread and didn’t see any racist homophobic or sexist comments but maybe I missed something

I don't know what was said, but if it was racist or homophobic or sexist then the Admins probably deleted the comment.
Name calling to other posters is a issue. Please stop now. Talking about certain players and drawing unwanted attention to them and the rest of the team needs to stop now. Talk about everything else all day long, I do no problem at all. It's easy to talk football without having to tear down a kid, or another poster.
  • Westside
I'll add this. I hope Perry County Central has the best year yet. I love mountain football. Im sure the locals are excited as bow season and football season all fixing to start soon. Good Luck this year!!!
  • Big Boomer
(08-16-2024, 11:23 AM)bac2369 Wrote: I’m hearing some the Perry kids trying to jump ship already…

(08-16-2024, 12:23 PM)Rambo4 Wrote: Oh really? That's interesting, I wonder where they will go?

How many kids did Hazard lose to transfers this year?
(08-16-2024, 03:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'll add this. I hope Perry County Central has the best year yet. I love mountain football. Im sure the locals are excited as bow season and football season all fixing to start soon. Good Luck this year!!!
Let’s stay on the topic of football and not bow season. I can’t blame people for getting upset. Yes I know that this is a public forum and you can talk about whatever you want to within reason but a lot of parents get on this and hate seeing someone pretty much bash their kids and praise another one like they were the only kid on the field. Until you all can stop things like that and let it be a team effort and not be made out to be a single effort then you may as well come to expect things like this to happen. Nothing homophobic or racist. Just people getting tired of the same foolishness that one individual person tries to turn a lot of topics into.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gunslinger33's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(08-16-2024, 03:54 PM)Gunslinger33 Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 03:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'll add this. I hope Perry County Central has the best year yet. I love mountain football. Im sure the locals are excited as bow season and football season all fixing to start soon. Good Luck this year!!!
Let’s stay on the topic of football and not bow season. I can’t blame people for getting upset. Yes I know that this is a public forum and you can talk about whatever you want to within reason but a lot of parents get on this and hate seeing someone pretty much bash their kids and praise another one like they were the only kid on the field. Until you all can stop things like that and let it be a team effort and not be made out to be a single effort then you may as well come to expect things like this to happen. Nothing homophobic or racist. Just people getting tired of the same foolishness that one individual person tries to turn a lot of topics into.
How about this.   Perry won’t be near as good and Leslie will be a lot better..  No names mentioned.
(08-16-2024, 03:58 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
How about this.   Perry won’t be near as good and Leslie will be a lot better..  No names mentioned.
Just give it time. You’ll name names soon enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gunslinger33's post:
  • BlackHawk
Guys, this thread is on the verge of being closed. Lets stay on topic and lets be civil.

Here is my point of view about some of the talk I have read. Its already been stated before and talked about previously. I read it. So I started a new thread to continue talking about the topic of football that we all love to talk about. Now as far as new accounts, love to have them all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it is within the rules. But talking about a specific kid over and over is unwanted attention. I myself read alot of the threads to just keep up with the teams but one thing I don't ever like is when a kid gets negative attention or attention that the kid himself doesn't want to be discussed on a open forum. They are kids. So what I promote is positive talk especially on a kids behalf. The world out here today is so negative over everything. The last thing a kid today needs is to want to play a sport they love and get trashed from adults. Talking about a specific block, catch, run, and having a difference is one thing but to pit a kid against the world good or bad should never be done by any adult.
  • Westside
(08-16-2024, 04:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Here is my point of view about some of the talk I have read. Its already been stated before and talked about previously. I read it. So I started a new thread to continue talking about the topic of football that we all love to talk about. Now as far as new accounts, love to have them all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it is within the rules. But talking about a specific kid over and over is unwanted attention. I myself read alot of the threads to just keep up with the teams but one thing I don't ever like is when a kid gets negative attention or attention that the kid himself doesn't want to be discussed on a open forum. They are kids. So what I promote is positive talk especially on a kids behalf. The world out here today is so negative over everything. The last thing a kid today needs is to want to play a sport they love and get trashed from adults. Talking about a specific block, catch, run, and having a difference is one thing but to pit a kid against the world good or bad should never be done by any adult.
I’ve got no problem with the certain kid having discussions about him. The kid is a good player in all seriousness but how can you all as moderators set by and say that whoever it is posting about him and pretty much saying the rest of the team sucks without him is ok and there never a ban or anything said to them? The rest of us are just tired of the rest of the kids getting talked down about by him. You have to see it from both sides. That’s my take on it.
(08-16-2024, 04:16 PM)Gunslinger33 Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 04:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I’ve got no problem with the certain kid having discussions about him. The kid is a good player in all seriousness but how can you all as moderators set by and say that whoever it is posting about him and pretty much saying the rest of the team sucks without him is ok and there never a ban or anything said to them? The rest of us are just tired of the rest of the kids getting talked down about by him. You have to see it from both sides. That’s my take on it.

Any kid includes the team. Any player needs positive comments. When a poster makes a comment, that is not the moderators choice.  I personally don't won't any kid to get negative talk generated about them. That is why I posted about this topic to simmer it down. Bans have already taken place and time outs will begin to be given as the same old negativity is repeated. I myself am tired of the negativity towards kids. Post positive or don't post at all when it is about a player. I don't understand your comment about saying we are sitting by and allowing this stuff to happen. I already made a new thread for positive talk. We are talking football. No problem. Just keep the flow on 2024 and not negative towards team or individuals. Real Easy to do that.
  • Westside
Now to move this thread forward. All comments needs to be directed about football and the 2024 outlook of the team. Keep the thread on topic please.