Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry Central
Did the kilburn boy enroll back at PCC?
(07-04-2024, 12:34 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Did the kilburn boy enroll back at PCC?
I heard he was coming back. Yessir
Pretty good receiver. NAIA talent nothing wrong with that. Dad thinks he is a D-1 player.
I am curious about who Perry’s QB will be for the upcoming season. I know they have the Johnson kid who transferred from Breathitt but I do not know much about him in that position. Or will it be the incoming Freshman, Maggard? I have heard if he isn't starting QB in Varsity his mommy and daddy have threatened to transfer to another school because he will not be watching from the sidelines. 
Thoughts?
I don’t see him transferring and I don’t think he starts either. He for sure play some and is going be really nice Qb. Now if close on QB battle !!!it very well may go to Maggard . But I think Johnson be starter
Just like past seasons, as long as the QB can get our receivers the ball, they will Do the rest. We are fine QB. Won’t miss a beat regardless who wins the spot. But I think it’s Johnson’s to lose, he played good varsity minutes last year if I recall.

(07-04-2024, 04:22 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Pretty good receiver. NAIA talent nothing wrong with that. Dad thinks he is a D-1 player.
Haters gonna hate.   Yes. Nothing wrong with NAIA if he does go that route, but he’s D1 talent
His grades show otherwise I would say. It’s a team game not individual game. But according to his dad he is ready for the NFL
(07-05-2024, 12:48 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Just like past seasons, as long as the QB can get our receivers the ball, they will Do the rest. We are fine QB. Won’t miss a beat regardless who wins the spot. But I think it’s Johnson’s to lose, he played good varsity minutes last year if I recall.

(07-04-2024, 04:22 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Pretty good receiver. NAIA talent nothing wrong with that. Dad thinks he is a D-1 player.
Haters gonna hate.   Yes. Nothing wrong with NAIA if he does go that route, but he’s D1 talent
He is a solid player not D1 but if NAIA offers I be thrilled for him ,that great honor as well play at next level.

Speaking about Qb . You said Johnson had a lot varsity experience. Says he had 3 passes for 1 completion all year. So don’t have a lot experience but I do think win job on week one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Statebound19's post:
  • Jet fighter
(07-06-2024, 02:23 AM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(07-05-2024, 12:48 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: Just like past seasons, as long as the QB can get our receivers the ball, they will Do the rest. We are fine QB. Won’t miss a beat regardless who wins the spot. But I think it’s Johnson’s to lose, he played good varsity minutes last year if I recall.

He is a solid player not D1 but if NAIA offers I be thrilled for him ,that great honor as well play at next level.

Speaking about Qb . You said Johnson had a lot varsity experience. Says he had 3 passes for 1 completion all year. So don’t have a lot experience but I do think win job on week one.
Not sure about those stats there. He threw a lot last year, not as much as kizer obviously but he got some reps   I’ll have to look up the stats.
On KHSAA website says he was 1-3 and total of 1 passing yard. With all games reporting.
Noah could play D1 in my opinion. He’s big and fast. Has real good hands.
(07-06-2024, 03:18 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Noah could play D1 in my opinion.  He’s big and fast.  Has real good hands.
Yes I agree man. People just continue to hate on him and I think it’s because they know he’s the real deal,  and when he’s playing on Saturdays I can’t wait to get on here and see what they say.

(07-06-2024, 02:14 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: On KHSAA website says he was 1-3 and total of 1 passing yard. With all games reporting.
Yea and that probably daddy’s keeping stats because he played more then that I’m sure   And I know he is gonna be our guy this year, he very easily could have played more last year.   He and Noah are gonna be a big time duo.
I'm pretty sure Perry and Prestonsburg compete in a 7v7 Thursday.

Should be a great matchup.
(07-06-2024, 02:14 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: On KHSAA website says he was 1-3 and total of 1 passing yard. With all games reporting.
I watched every home game last year didn’t see him get a single rep… Perry better stick to the run game should have a strong seasoned line this year. Kilburn should of stayed at Leslie would of been a better fit for him, what made him return to Perry?
(07-11-2024, 03:36 PM)Blitz22 Wrote:
I watched every home game last year didn’t see him get a single rep… Perry better stick to the run game should have a strong seasoned line this year. Kilburn should have stayed at Leslie would have been a better fit for him, what made him return to Perry?
Ok. So you say we will have a great seasoned line like last year, and we have our receivers back plus a really good QB..  So why should we go back to run game?  Nothings changed
(07-11-2024, 03:47 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
I watched every home game last year didn’t see him get a single rep… Perry better stick to the run game should have a strong seasoned line this year. Kilburn should have stayed at Leslie would have been a better fit for him, what made him return to Perry?
Ok. So you say we will have a great seasoned line like last year, and we have our receivers back plus a really good QB..  So why should we go back to run game?  Nothings changed
Hope the kid has a hell of a year, just saying not seen him play. I’d imagine he doesn’t get much pressure at practice, game time will tell .good luck to all the players this season
[-] The following 2 users Like Blitz22's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse, Bluecat
I don't think he said a really good Qb not taking nothing from the kid but he is green an has very little experience if they go with Johnson an I agree I think Perry will run the ball because their passing game just isn't going to be as strong as when slone was the Qb experience means a lot in basketball an football or any sport! I think if noah came back to Perry to show what he can do he chose wrong an should have stayed at leslie
(07-11-2024, 03:47 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
Back to the run game what do u mean? Perry was 50/50 last year. Are u sayin they going to be a pass heavy team this year? Haha everyone knows why
(07-11-2024, 04:22 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I don't think he said a really good Qb not taking nothing from the kid but he is green an has very little experience if they go with Johnson an I agree I think Perry will run the ball because their passing game just isn't going to be as strong as when slone was the Qb experience means a lot in basketball an football or any sport! I think if noah came back to Perry to show what he can do he chose wrong an should have stayed at leslie
As respectful as I can say it.  Slone was a good QB but Johnson can step in and pick up where he left off and can be just as good , we have the same line and same receivers..  we will be very very good this year, maybe better then last year I think.
Looks like Noah NFL Kilburn is headed back to Leslie co
(07-11-2024, 08:29 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(07-11-2024, 04:22 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I don't think he said a really good Qb not taking nothing from the kid but he is green an has very little experience if they go with Johnson an I agree I think Perry will run the ball because their passing game just isn't going to be as strong as when slone was the Qb experience means a lot in basketball an football or any sport! I think if noah came back to Perry to show what he can do he chose wrong an should have stayed at leslie
As respectful as I can say it.  Slone was a good QB but Johnson can step in and pick up where he left off and can be just as good , we have the same line and same receivers..  we will be very very good this year, maybe better then last year I think.
You maybe right but Slone got offer a scholarship to union. That hard get scholarship playing Qb in mountains. Most time they move to different position. What I’m getting at is lost QB and top RB and 3 linebackers and few linemen. It tough replace that. Now they maybe a lot better this year we have wait see. But I just don’t see Johnson being as good as Kiser Slone. He had ton experience and was solid Qb and started all 4 years. This Johnson first start . I think find ways get Kilburn ball on screens and playaction and some deep ball here and there . But I just don’t see them air ball out. At best be 70-30 run . But who knows I’m not the coach.
(07-11-2024, 11:24 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
You maybe right but Slone got offer a scholarship to union. That hard get scholarship playing Qb in mountains. Most time they move to different position. What I’m getting at is lost QB and top RB and 3 linebackers and few linemen. It tough replace that. Now they maybe a lot better this year we have wait see. But I just don’t see Johnson being as good as Kiser Slone. He had ton experience and was solid Qb and started all 4 years. This Johnson first start . I think find ways get Kilburn ball on screens and playaction and some deep ball here and there . But I just don’t see them air ball out. At best be 70-30 run . But who knows I’m not the coach.
Sounds more like daddy ball to me. You got a boy that wants to come to Perry and compete?
(07-12-2024, 12:22 AM)Peachesncream89 Wrote:
(07-11-2024, 11:24 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
Sounds more like daddy ball to me. You got a boy that wants to come to Perry and compete?
Sorry got 3 girls . Not sure what your meaning daddy ball.
(07-11-2024, 11:14 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Looks like Noah NFL Kilburn is headed back to Leslie co
Why is he going back to leslie?
I’m assuming he doesn’t get what he wants u see coach Dixon. He has to come to practice and don’t like that
[-] The following 1 user Likes Basketballguru1's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
Perry doesn’t want him leaving. Best athlete on the team and has been for a while. He won’t be leaving PCC.
(07-12-2024, 05:25 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Perry doesn’t want him leaving.  Best athlete on the team and has been for a while.  He won’t be leaving PCC.
Definitely the best football player to play for pcc in a long long time at the WR position.
Perry Central has had some solid WR in its time.
(07-12-2024, 06:26 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Perry Central has had some solid WR in its time.
We have had some dandies and I’ve been around for about everyone of them and I’m telling you Noah is the best we’ve had at that position hands down!  Take him off last years team, we win 2 maybe 3 games and our passing game is non existent, he had a lot to do with putting our QB and our running back in college on scholarships.  Take Noah off that team, and it’s a different outcome all together.
Heard P-burg and Floyd central both looked better than Perry today at a passing game. Any truth to that?