Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg Open
(02-23-2024, 07:50 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 06:03 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:52 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:27 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:22 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Well 3 o'clock has come and gone, and I haven't seen Belichick announce his Press Conference.

You mean you expected something out of the same folks that have had a coach by the end of the week for the last month?

Harley Quillen expected to be announced tomorrow. 

Current BL assistant, Former Blackcat.

I would be greatly surprised if this were the case, can almost confirm this one to have 0 truth to it. Lol

(02-22-2024, 05:55 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:52 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:27 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: You mean you expected something out of the same folks that have had a coach by the end of the week for the last month?

Harley Quillen expected to be announced tomorrow. 

Current BL assistant, Former Blackcat.
No clue who that is but did the Boyle County coach turn it down? What has this dude proven at the high school level? I’m not going to have an opinion because I have never heard of this guy but this definitely is not the big name they were hoping for

He is a young coach that truly has a great offensive mind and has helped the Bobcats a lot the last couple of years, wouldn't be shocked if he were in the mix for some HC jobs in the future, just not this one

With all due respect why not this one? What has pburg done in the last 25 years to make people think this job should be fulfilled by big names?  At some point they need to do what every other program does hire the person that checks enough boxes and hope they strike lightning in a bottle.

Reminds me of the Paris situation in the 2000s. Letton Buchanon and Randy Reese couldnt return them to the dominance of the 80s. They lost big time athletes to their crosstown rival and went into a 15-20 year funk.  They took a chance on a guy that coached pee wee football and he’s turned it around in 3-4 years. Now they keep the jimmies and joes and once they figure out the xs and os will be dangerous.  

No one is going to come in and lead PBurg to a championship in 2a in the foreseeable future they need to comeback down to earth and hire the right fit for the program.

Why not this one? He told me he wasn’t going there. Ain’t that deep. Lol
(02-24-2024, 12:49 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: If you are giving it to Hager as your last resort I would give it to Newsome. What has Hager done that justifies him over a game already in the program?
I agree with that but if you’re one of those guys why would you not ask for what Sullivan was offered?

Cause folks know their worth. Sullivan has won 5 state titles as an assistant at Pikeville and folks renown over how well their defenses play in big games. He’s worth it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999, Redneck
I don’t think it will be Shawn Hager but I’m hearing they are offering it to Wes Hager that from a school employee at the high school we just wait and see
(02-24-2024, 04:21 PM)Coach00 Wrote: I don’t think it will be Shawn Hager but I’m hearing they are offering it to Wes Hager that from a school employee at the high school we just wait and see
Probably be a good hire. Especially if he can get the help of Shawn Hager. Get the youth and energy of an up and coming coach and the experience of Shawn. Shawn also has enough attitude to fight off some of the outside influence in Pburg. I figure the city, politicians and parents will not like this hire. They will think they’re above it. However, Pburg is not a place anyone wants to be right now.
(02-24-2024, 04:45 PM)Upnorth Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 04:21 PM)Coach00 Wrote: I don’t think it will be Shawn Hager but I’m hearing they are offering it to Wes Hager that from a school employee at the high school we just wait and see
Probably be a good hire. Especially if he can get the help of Shawn Hager. Get the youth and energy of an up and coming coach and the experience of Shawn. Shawn also has enough attitude to fight off some of the outside influence in Pburg. I figure the city, politicians and parents will not like this hire. They will think they’re above it. However, Pburg is not a place anyone wants to be right now.
Shawn isn’t going to help him. May give him advice on what to expect and deal with certain things but he is coaching a rival in the county and same district. He’s not going to be up there at the school working with the team.
If they end up with Hager they should’ve kept Brewer.

Give Newsome the ball and let him roll with it.
Hearing Wes withdrew
Dumpster fire
The truth of the matter is this: apparently there’s lots of people on here who have a decent idea of what’s going on.

That means info has been leaked.

Some people may actually be in on the process, but everyone can’t.

The leaked info is killing this process.
That’s fully on the administration.

They must do better.
(02-24-2024, 11:47 PM)The Source EKy Wrote: The truth of the matter is this: apparently there’s lots of people on here who have a decent idea of what’s going on.

That means info has been leaked.

Some people may actually be in on the process, but everyone can’t.

The leaked info is killing this process.
That’s fully on the administration. 

They must do better.
I don’t think leaked info has convinced anyone to not take this job. Poor administration and overinvolved boosters have.
Linked info of a website such as BGR is not the reason they haven't found a coach yet. No one reads this site without a grain of salt, I would hope anyway. The admins have done a lot to go after the guys they wanted now it's in a spot where you got to take a chance on someone and just hope it pans out because Prestonsburg is not the desired location for football that it once was and I think now they are realizing that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Westside
If a coach was turned off by what’s been posted on BGR then they need not be in coaching.

90% of what’s posted on here is nonsense.

Only thing a coach or player should ever use this message board for is for motivation and bulletin board material.
[-] The following 3 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Blacksmith, Spud6
Fifth "end of the week" in a row, we haven't heard anything like projected by Blackcat posters.   Smile
(02-25-2024, 12:50 AM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: Fifth "end of the week" in a row, we haven't heard anything like projected by Blackcat posters.   Smile
Eventually we’re gonna be right  Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot, Ring'Em Up
(02-25-2024, 12:46 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: If a coach was turned off by what’s been posted on BGR then they need not be in coaching.

90% of what’s posted on here is nonsense.

Only thing a coach or player should ever use this message board for is for motivation and bulletin board material.

Exactly!!! These boards are motivating and getting a rise out of the team to make them raise/elevate their game. It also goes for coaches too. They must stay calm and composed. Outside noise is to be silenced… But hopefully they get a hire soon.
I don't know how the district tournament being held at Pburg will affect the coaching search this week, but I would like to see Pburg get their man and return to their past glory. That would be good for football in all of eastern Kentucky. I'd love to see them and the Bobcats going at it every year with both programs being strong.
anyone hearing much about kevin woods? thats what im hear most of now
(02-26-2024, 05:58 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: anyone hearing much about kevin woods? thats what im hear most of now
I’m hearing that a name will be announced soon. But I am not hearing Kevin Woods.
Wes is who I heard

Good luck to him but they should be ashamed of how they handled the process
it may be wes but i was told from somebody close to him two days ago that he withdrew his name on friday guess time will tell on it
(02-26-2024, 08:17 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: it may be wes but i was told from somebody close to him two days ago that he withdrew his name on friday guess time will tell on it
He did.
(02-26-2024, 08:20 AM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 08:17 AM)Khalisimo Wrote: it may be wes but i was told from somebody close to him two days ago that he withdrew his name on friday guess time will tell on it
He did.
would be interesting to give him the head coach job anyways LOL
I heard this morning that Mills turned the job down last night. Hiring Hager would be a mistake! I hope they don’t hire a coach, just to be hiring one! Get it right, or it’s over!
(02-26-2024, 10:05 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I heard this morning that Mills turned the job down last night. Hiring Hager would be a mistake! I hope they don’t hire a coach, just to be hiring one! Get it right, or it’s over!
any reason u think hager would be a mistake? just curious
im hearing he's the hire as the other guy said. wondering why people dont like it?
At this point I would hire Newsome and see what happens.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Redneck
Wes Hager to Pburg official? Heard Mills did turn down the job last night.
(02-26-2024, 10:17 AM)Spud6 Wrote: At this point I would hire Newsome and see what happens.
The best possible hire. Hearing admin aren’t even answering his calls or giving him the time of day. Shows how spineless admin is- alum who has experience and on staff and don’t even get an interview out of respect
(02-25-2024, 12:59 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 12:50 AM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: Fifth "end of the week" in a row, we haven't heard anything like projected by Blackcat posters.   Smile
Eventually we’re gonna be right  Cool

Could this be the week?  Woah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Whoever the next coach is, they have mine and my families support.

I think the search committee and administration done what they thought was best for Prestonsburg football. They shot their shots. I still think they’re going to land a good coach.

I’m just excited to get this new chapter of Blackcat football started.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
(02-26-2024, 11:18 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Whoever the next coach is, they have mine and my families support.

I think the search committee and administration done what they thought was best for Prestonsburg football. They shot their shots. I still think they’re going to land a good coach.

I’m just excited to get this new chapter of Blackcat football started.
Respect. With that being said if you had to make a prediction who is the next coach of the Blackcats?
  •  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next