• Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg Open
(02-21-2024, 11:40 PM)NEXT Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 09:37 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 08:14 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Mills from Boyle

Maybe he would be a better head coach than a DB coach IDK.  He sure cant coach DBs.

That’s a very interesting take.

He’s a great human being and in my experience a pretty good football coach.
this guy is full of bad takes lol
I heard some alum are really pushing for Jarrell fro. BL.
(02-22-2024, 12:24 AM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: I heard some alum are really pushing for Jarrell fro. BL.

I don’t think that’s gonna happen lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Mills was offered the job last night, but the fact he left without accepting the job is worrisome. Hopefully we hear something in the next day or so. If he were to decline, they can't panic and settle on a coach. Good things happen to those that wait, or I hope so!
At this point if people keep "hearing" wrong about this job, maybe they should reach out to Donny Daniels to see if he'd be interested. He never had a great deal of numbers at South Floyd but he found a way to win with what he had. When he wasn't coaching, South Floyd would go back down, then he'd return and they'd be competitive again. He may not be the name people want, but if you want a good coach and even better person to teach those boys how to play and more importantly, how to be good men, you'd be hard pressed to find a better person than Donny.
(02-22-2024, 12:12 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: At this point if people keep "hearing" wrong about this job, maybe they should reach out to Donny Daniels to see if he'd be interested. He never had a great deal of numbers at South Floyd but he found a way to win with what he had. When he wasn't coaching, South Floyd would go back down, then he'd return and they'd be competitive again. He may not be the name people want, but if you want a good coach and even better person to teach those boys how to play and more importantly, how to be good men, you'd be hard pressed to find a better person than Donny.

Fanning you've got some wild takes on basketball, but this right here is a good idea!
  • P. Fanning
So just how many people have actually interviewed for the job, been offered the job, then declined the job? According to this thread, the number is at two and counting. That is troubling in its self.
Johnny Ray Harris might as well take the job
(02-22-2024, 12:28 PM)Westside Wrote: So just how many people have actually interviewed for the job, been offered the job, then declined the job?  According to this thread, the number is at two and counting.  That is troubling in its self.
I don't know how many they have interviewed, but the only three that have been offered are Ray, Sullivan, and Mills. It's rumored after Ray declined Jarrell was gauged about the job, and showed interest but was upset that he wasn't the first choice. I don't know how much of this is true, but I believe deep down, he still has red and black running through his veins. Personally, he was my first pick, and the majority of people in Prestonsburg felt the same way. I wish he would put his pride to the side and realize although he wasn't certain people's first choice, he was the first choice to the majority of the people in Prestonsburg. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(02-22-2024, 01:25 PM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 12:28 PM)Westside Wrote: So just how many people have actually interviewed for the job, been offered the job, then declined the job?  According to this thread, the number is at two and counting.  That is troubling in its self.
I don't know how many they have interviewed, but the only three that have been offered are Ray, Sullivan, and Mills. It's rumored after Ray declined Jarrell was gauged about the job, and showed interest but was upset that he wasn't the first choice. I don't know how much of this is true, but I believe deep down, he still has red and black running through his veins. Personally, he was my first pick, and the majority of people in Prestonsburg felt the same way. I wish he would put his pride to the side and realize although he wasn't certain people's first choice, he was the first choice to the majority of the people in Prestonsburg. 
If I was him or any other candidate I’d ask for the same offer Sullivan got. Why would I not be good enough for that offer would be my question if they didn’t offer it to me. Am I not as good as him in your eyes? Just my thoughts. Pburg offering Sullivan what they did and him turning it down has really hurt the search I feel. Don’t blame him one bit but him turning down significantly more money to stay at Pikeville says a lot
I don't know how many they have interviewed, but the only three that have been offered are Ray, Sullivan, and Mills. I heard after Ray declined Jarrell was gauged about the job, and showed some interest but was upset that he wasn't the first choice. I don't know how much of this is true, but I believe deep down, he still has red and black running through his veins. Personally, he was my first pick, and others in Prestonsburg felt the same. If true, I wish he could put his pride to the side and realize he may not have been certain peoples first pick, but he was the first choice for the majority of the people in Prestonsburg.
If what I just heard is true it could be a game changer
(02-22-2024, 02:05 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: If what I just heard is true it could be a game changer
What was that?
(02-22-2024, 02:07 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 02:05 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: If what I just heard is true it could be a game changer
What was that?
been asked not to put it out there yet but I will bet you will hear it by 3
(02-22-2024, 12:12 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: At this point if people keep "hearing" wrong about this job, maybe they should reach out to Donny Daniels to see if he'd be interested. He never had a great deal of numbers at South Floyd but he found a way to win with what he had. When he wasn't coaching, South Floyd would go back down, then he'd return and they'd be competitive again. He may not be the name people want, but if you want a good coach and even better person to teach those boys how to play and more importantly, how to be good men, you'd be hard pressed to find a better person than Donny.

Donny is the floyd county GOAT.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • P. Fanning

Will it be a shock to everyone?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-22-2024, 02:10 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 02:07 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
What was that?
been asked not to put it out there yet but I will bet you will hear it by 3

Let's come back down to earth here. I haven't seen 1 name on this board that is game changing.  Anyone hired isn't going to take what is left and compete with Beechwood, Mayfield, Owensboro Catholic LCA and now Belfry. They are currently the third best football team in a 3 school county where the all star team wouldn't compete with the best of 2a. If I'm a Pburg fan I'm hoping they can offer more incentive to Sullivan or Ray for the best chance at rebuilding quickly and staying around for a while, or I'm giving one of the guys that have verbally stated they wanted the job a chance for a year or two until better candidates are available.
I just heard some crazy stuff myself at lunch. Supposedly offered and assistant coach at a big program who is going to bring 2 quality coaches from that same program with him.

Wild if true and changes the landscape in Pike and Floyd County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Khalisimo
(02-22-2024, 03:06 PM)RTruth Wrote: I just heard some crazy stuff myself at lunch. Supposedly offered and assistant coach at a big program who is going to bring 2 quality coaches from that same program with him.

What about the other surrounding counties? Is it one of those hires that could possibly attract some other local talent?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(02-22-2024, 03:06 PM)RTruth Wrote: I just heard some crazy stuff myself at lunch. Supposedly offered and assistant coach at a big program who is going to bring 2 quality coaches from that same program with him.

Let’s be real. The only 2 big programs in Pike County are Belfry and Pikeville. Now Sullivan has already turned it down. And I don’t see anyone at Belfry taking it. Chapman would be the one if there is one but couldn’t see it now that they passed on him when Brewer was hired and he or Varney is going to likely follow Haywood. Varney is assistant principal at Belfry so he isn’t leaving for a promotion. Not really aware of assistants at Pikeville. I know former East Ridge coach Brad Allen is on that staff but think he is in an administration role at Pikeville and not taking it. So did the Boyle Coach turn it down?
(02-22-2024, 04:03 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Let’s be real. The only 2 big programs in Pike County are Belfry and Pikeville. Now Sullivan has already turned it down. And I don’t see anyone at Belfry taking it. Chapman would be the one if there is one but couldn’t see it now that they passed on him when Brewer was hired and he or Varney is going to likely follow Haywood. Varney is assistant principal at Belfry so he isn’t leaving for a promotion. Not really aware of assistants at Pikeville. I know former East Ridge coach Brad Allen is on that staff but think he is in an administration role at Pikeville and not taking it. So did the Boyle Coach turn it down?

I never said the coaches were from those counties?
(02-22-2024, 04:28 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 04:03 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

I never said the coaches were from those counties?
How exactly would the hire change the landscape in Pike County?
Well 3 o'clock has come and gone, and I haven't seen Belichick announce his Press Conference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • Westside
(02-22-2024, 05:22 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Well 3 o'clock has come and gone, and I haven't seen Belichick announce his Press Conference.

You mean you expected something out of the same folks that have had a coach by the end of the week for the last month?
[-] The following 2 users Like Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • P. Fanning, Westside
(02-22-2024, 05:27 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:22 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Well 3 o'clock has come and gone, and I haven't seen Belichick announce his Press Conference.

You mean you expected something out of the same folks that have had a coach by the end of the week for the last month?

Harley Quillen expected to be announced tomorrow. 

Current BL assistant, Former Blackcat.
(02-22-2024, 05:52 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote:

No clue who that is but did the Boyle County coach turn it down? What has this dude proven at the high school level? I’m not going to have an opinion because I have never heard of this guy but this definitely is not the big name they were hoping for

Why would you say something this uneducated? He’s not going to be prestonsburg coach.  Shy
People are making this out to be a circus. Harley Quillen hasn't even applied for the job, and there is zero truth to this. Mills hasn't given an answer as far as I know.
[-] The following 3 users Like Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32, Colonel4Life1999

I would be greatly surprised if this were the case, can almost confirm this one to have 0 truth to it. Lol

(02-22-2024, 05:55 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

No clue who that is but did the Boyle County coach turn it down? What has this dude proven at the high school level? I’m not going to have an opinion because I have never heard of this guy but this definitely is not the big name they were hoping for

He is a young coach that truly has a great offensive mind and has helped the Bobcats a lot the last couple of years, wouldn't be shocked if he were in the mix for some HC jobs in the future, just not this one
  • BlackcatPride32
(02-22-2024, 05:52 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote: Harley Quillen expected to be announced tomorrow. 

I highly doubt it.

(Source: he's my brother)
[-] The following 4 users Like BlackcatPride32's post:
  • Blackcat 4 Life, BlackcatAlum, Colonel4Life1999, Spud6
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next