•  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg Open
I really hope Prestonsburg can land a good one and the parents stay out of the way. I'm a traditionalist... I want Prestonsburg good
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Source EKy's post:
  • Blacksmith
It’s better off if you do actually know anything to not even share it on here anymore.

This message board isn’t about good discussion, it’s about trolling and having a good laugh at the expense of others.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Blacksmith
I think the Pburg folks are the ones who created that thought. They immediately mentioned Jordan Ray and made it seem like it was a lock to happen. He turned it down. Then Sullivan’s name come up and Pikeville people said no way it’s happening but Pburg folks said they think he would accept it and they knew the offer. He turned it down. Now apparently a coach at Boyle County has applied and been offered but hasn’t accepted. Now people are saying silly names because it seems that nobody that Pburg wants as their coach wants to take the job. And they’ve had interest because otherwise they wouldn’t of applied for the job
(02-22-2024, 09:10 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: It’s better off if you do actually know anything to not even share it on here anymore.

This message board isn’t about good discussion, it’s about trolling and having a good laugh at the expense of others.
Who knows anything lol? If anybody does I haven't seen it. This thread is 0 for infinity lol.

Nobody involved in the coaching search at Prestonsburg should have ever said a word to anyone about what was/is going on. It has badly hurt the process. And 90% of info that has ended up being false has been posted by Prestonsburg people. If there was ever a textbook case of how not to fire your coach and get a new one, this is it. And all the blame lies nowhere else but at Prestonsburg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(02-22-2024, 09:10 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: It’s better off if you do actually know anything to not even share it on here anymore.

Unless you’re directly involved in the hiring process how did you know the details of Ray and Sullivan and who and who hasn’t applied?
(02-22-2024, 09:20 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I think the Pburg folks are the ones who created that thought. They immediately mentioned Jordan Ray and made it seem like it was a lock to happen. He turned it down. Then Sullivan’s name come up and Pikeville people said no way it’s happening but Pburg folks said they think he would accept it and they knew the offer. He turned it down. Now apparently a coach at Boyle County has applied and been offered but hasn’t accepted. Now people are saying silly names because it seems that nobody that Pburg wants as their coach wants to take the job. And they’ve had interest because otherwise they wouldn’t of applied for the job
No, Pburg folks have made the mistake (me included) of sharing information on this board. We're guilty of that.
(02-22-2024, 09:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Who knows anything lol? If anybody does I haven't seen it. This thread is 0 for infinity lol.

Nobody involved in the coaching search at Prestonsburg should have ever said a word to anyone about what was/is going on. It has badly hurt the process. And 90% of info that has ended up being false has been posted by Prestonsburg people. If there was ever a textbook case of how not to fire your coach and get a new one, this is it. And all the blame lies nowhere else but at Prestonsburg.
I can agree with this
This is the perfect example of folks want to feel important so they say what little information they know so it makes them feel like they are in the know when in reality they probably just heard a rumor at Double Kwik. People love gossip and love to feel like they know the gossip
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 4 users Like Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Blacksmith, P. Fanning, Ring'Em Up
(02-22-2024, 09:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This is the perfect example of folks want to feel important so they say what little information they know so it makes them feel like they are in the know when in reality they probably just heard a rumor at Double Kwik. People love gossip and love to feel like they know the gossip
That could be applied to about 80% of everything said on this entire forum, LOL but you are right for the most part Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Blacksmith's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32, Fanatic42, Spud6
(02-22-2024, 10:29 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 09:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This is the perfect example of folks want to feel important so they say what little information they know so it makes them feel like they are in the know when in reality they probably just heard a rumor at Double Kwik. People love gossip and love to feel like they know the gossip
That could be applied to about 80% of everything said on this entire forum, LOL but you are right for the most part Big Grin

That's a completely fair comeback lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-22-2024, 10:40 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 10:29 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:

That's a completely fair comeback lol
sorry didnt really mean it as a comeback, more of a yea your right kinda thing
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • Spud6
I.E. the Prestonsburg 68 Belfry 56 boys basketball thread as well, lol.
So are we close to a hire for this job yet?
i apologize, i was told a pretty good assistant coach was weighing the option of coming and it would be a great hire for pburg, but the individual that told me knows the assistant personally and asked me not to share a name. i shouldnt have said anything at all.

for what its worth i didnt mean there was an announcement by 3 or anything i just figured that rumor would get out there by 3 but i guessi was wrong but it sounds like r truth and i heard similar things thats in line with what i heard except 3 potential assistants with a longshot chance for 4
Mills must be a pretty damn good coach! He went with Haddix from Corbin to Boyle. If he takes the job, this could be a game changer for Prestonsburg.
Any more news on this opening? Mills? Chapman?
I hope we hear some good news soon.. I mean, I want it done right but I feel bad for the players... I know how it would make me feel going through this, watching coaches turning down my team.. Though the players have no fault what-so-ever in this FUBAR situation...
(02-23-2024, 03:42 PM)Blacksmith Wrote: I hope we hear some good news soon.. I mean, I want it done right but I feel bad for the players... I know how it would make me feel  going through this, watching coaches turning down my team.. Though the players have no fault what-so-ever in this FUBAR situation...

Just hope this doesn't lead to another mass exodus of players to other schools for the Blackcats, last time it happened it resulted in a state championship up the road for Paintsville. Hope that Pburg holds on to their talent and gets it done soon!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Blacksmith
It’s not a coincidence that Saban retired the same year this Pburg job opened. I heard he was looking at a meth lab near the school to buy.
[-] The following 3 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999, P. Fanning, Redneck
(02-23-2024, 05:45 PM)BCF4L Wrote: It’s not a coincidence that Saban retired the same year this Pburg job opened. I heard he was looking at a meth lab near the school to buy.

Woah Woah Woah
Johnny Ray is screwing over the program
(02-23-2024, 05:50 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Johnny Ray is screwing over the program
Who is Johnny Ray and how is he involved?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(02-22-2024, 06:03 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:52 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:27 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:22 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Well 3 o'clock has come and gone, and I haven't seen Belichick announce his Press Conference.

You mean you expected something out of the same folks that have had a coach by the end of the week for the last month?

Harley Quillen expected to be announced tomorrow. 

Current BL assistant, Former Blackcat.

I would be greatly surprised if this were the case, can almost confirm this one to have 0 truth to it. Lol

(02-22-2024, 05:55 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:52 PM)15thRegionScoop Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:27 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:22 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Well 3 o'clock has come and gone, and I haven't seen Belichick announce his Press Conference.

You mean you expected something out of the same folks that have had a coach by the end of the week for the last month?

Harley Quillen expected to be announced tomorrow. 

Current BL assistant, Former Blackcat.
No clue who that is but did the Boyle County coach turn it down? What has this dude proven at the high school level? I’m not going to have an opinion because I have never heard of this guy but this definitely is not the big name they were hoping for

He is a young coach that truly has a great offensive mind and has helped the Bobcats a lot the last couple of years, wouldn't be shocked if he were in the mix for some HC jobs in the future, just not this one

With all due respect why not this one? What has pburg done in the last 25 years to make people think this job should be fulfilled by big names?  At some point they need to do what every other program does hire the person that checks enough boxes and hope they strike lightning in a bottle.

Reminds me of the Paris situation in the 2000s. Letton Buchanon and Randy Reese couldnt return them to the dominance of the 80s. They lost big time athletes to their crosstown rival and went into a 15-20 year funk.  They took a chance on a guy that coached pee wee football and he’s turned it around in 3-4 years. Now they keep the jimmies and joes and once they figure out the xs and os will be dangerous.  

No one is going to come in and lead PBurg to a championship in 2a in the foreseeable future they need to comeback down to earth and hire the right fit for the program.
Unfortunate for the two in-district teachers with coaching experience never received an interview. Disagree with their hire or not, give them the respect of an interview since they are in your district.

But, if Mills does not accept the offer…I think Hager is the go to guy. Will be interesting to see a Father/Son matchup in the district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-24-2024, 09:38 AM)papabear02 Wrote: Unfortunate for the two in-district teachers with coaching experience never received an interview.  Disagree with their hire or not, give them the respect of an interview since they are in your district. 

But, if Mills does not accept the offer…I think Hager is the go to guy.  Will be interesting to see a Father/Son matchup in the district.
The negativity surrounding Prestonsburg right now with the whole basketball district tournament is not going to help this situation either. The administration is already heavily doubted by the community and this only makes it worse. This process has been a disaster it sounds like.
[-] The following 2 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • Blacksmith, papabear02
(02-24-2024, 09:38 AM)papabear02 Wrote: Unfortunate for the two in-district teachers with coaching experience never received an interview.  Disagree with their hire or not, give them the respect of an interview since they are in your district. 

But, if Mills does not accept the offer…I think Hager is the go to guy.  Will be interesting to see a Father/Son matchup in the district.
I know Newsome is one but who I is the other? I thought Hager was interviewed but just not offered the position.
(02-24-2024, 10:44 AM)BCF4L Wrote:

The negativity surrounding Prestonsburg right now with the whole basketball district tournament is not going to help this situation either. The administration is already heavily doubted by the community and this only makes it worse. This process has been a disaster it sounds like.
I would agree with that.  It’s unfortunate that Prestonsburg is going thru this.  But, from what it seems like in that they are doing it to themselves and they think they are doing justice…
(02-24-2024, 10:44 AM)BCF4L Wrote:

me and my wife were saying that when we saw WMDJ's post about the tourney fee's.. The Burg has looked bad enough as it is lately, that sure didnt help
If you are giving it to Hager as your last resort I would give it to Newsome. What has Hager done that justifies him over a game already in the program?
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith, Redneck
(02-24-2024, 12:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: If you are giving it to Hager as your last resort I would give it to Newsome. What has Hager done that justifies him over a game already in the program?
I agree with that but if you’re one of those guys why would you not ask for what Sullivan was offered?
  •  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next