Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
(03-26-2023, 11:44 PM)cherokee Wrote: $6,943,000 is the total salary of the 4 coaches in the finale four, Cal makes $10,000,000, lets fire Cal and hire these 4 coaches save $3 million. Come on guys Make Kentucky Great Again.
I nominate you to become the next Athletic Director at the University of Kentucky. I also propose paying you a $1 million dollar bonus if you can gently persuade Coach Calipari to retire at no cost to Kentucky taxpayers and another $1 million to be paid when Kentucky wins its next NCAA title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • cherokee
(03-27-2023, 01:21 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 02:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 02:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Dumbest sh!t I ever read. Cal is paid $10MM/year to WIN. He is FAILING MISERABLY. Plenty of people much nicer than Cal would gladly coach UK for free if that was the job description. Hoot is right, you are the king of the red herrings.

Everyone knows if Cal were a Republican you would want him fired, jailed and all his assets seized.

I have never encountered in my life anyone as full of crap as you OSH. You have never made a single logical argument on any topic in the history of this board.

Logic and science is my game, sir, not fantasy & fable.  

Illogical is when people who believe in imaginary beings criticize a scientist for being illogical.  lol

Cal has won more NCAA tourney games than any active coach.  He's nice AND he wins!!!!
LOLOL you have nothing that resembles science. "First there was nothing, and then it blew up" is your "sCiEnCe". Cal has 1 NCAA win in 4 years. Look up that rank. He is way behind St. Peters's coach and dozens of others...Another red herring from the king...

Jetpilot: Jerry Falwell   as   OSH : Richard Dawkins

I know you don't investigate scientific journal articles but Dawkins has explained "something from nothing."  Your myths have been debunked over and over.  You and The Wrong Thing are just too scared to do the research, knowing that you won't like what you find. Critical thinking scares you guys to death.   LOL

Cal's in the Naismith HOF for a reason;    Jet, Hoot & TWT, are in the BGR Hall of Shame for a reason.  LOL
Look at you, pretending to understand the scientific method again!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin No BGR member so studiously avoids supporting his opinions with facts as you. In post after post, you attempt to justify your own arguments with other people's opinions as if associating people who you believe to smart with yourself bestows intelligence. A smart man would join other decent, civilized men in condemning the grooming of young elementary school students by assorted perverts from the extreme left end of the political spectrum. Drag queens have no rightful place in the education of American children.
  • jetpilot
(03-24-2023, 11:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: When players go 2-22 shooting with wide-open looks , of course its on the players.

Bama fans are railing against Nate Oats. Want to send him to Lexington. LOL

Houston fans calling for Samson to  fired.
Not sure about the wide open looks and remember there is probably a biiiigggg reason they were wide open...scouting report let them shoot!!

Some might get mad at this but here is what I see when I watch UK basketball on offense now.
To me it is like watching a girls basketball team running an offense. What does that mean?
Almost all girls basketball teams are more concerned about running a play or set than they are trying to score.
Then when it comes down to having to shoot they rush into something that is not a good shot and force something.

I long for the time when UK would run up down the court. When they would push the pace on offense by moving the ball around quickly.

UK shooters almost never get a pass from the inside out. They are always getting the pass from their side and they are moving away from the basket which makes it a more difficult shot opposed to getting one from inside out. Which is what the dribble drive was/is good at creating. Now we just practice the 3 man weave out top killing the shot clock to set up a pick and roll and the ball is never thrown to the guy rolling.  All off the ball screens are down screens, we only set picks for guys going away from the basket, never a backscreen. And after the down screen is set the screener just drifts thru the lane to the other side of the floor...because they just run the set. Setting those down screens can be really effective at exploiting mismatches if used properly.

VS Kansas St how do we not run some picks to get mismatch inside on the little point guard they were switching pretty much the whole game. A couple of times when we did have the mismatch big on small inside they didn't throw the ball inside because that wasn't the play. Heck, go 5 out and who ever he is guarding post him up!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • Van Hagar
(03-26-2023, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Dumbest sh!t I ever read. Cal is paid $10MM/year to WIN. He is FAILING MISERABLY. Plenty of people much nicer than Cal would gladly coach UK for free if that was the job description. Hoot is right, you are the king of the red herrings.

Everyone knows if Cal were a Republican you would want him fired, jailed and all his assets seized.

I have never encountered in my life anyone as full of crap as you OSH. You have never made a single logical argument on any topic in the history of this board.

Illogical is when people who believe in imaginary beings criticize a scientist for being illogical.  lol

Cal has won more NCAA tourney games than any active coach.  He's nice AND he wins!!!!
LOLOL you have nothing that resembles science. "First there was nothing, and then it blew up" is your "sCiEnCe". Cal has 1 NCAA win in 4 years. Look up that rank. He is way behind St. Peters's coach and dozens of others...Another red herring from the king...

I know you don't investigate scientific journal articles but Dawkins has explained "something from nothing."  Your myths have been debunked over and over.  You and The Wrong Thing are just too scared to do the research, knowing that you won't like what you find. Critical thinking scares you guys to death.   LOL

Cal's in the Naismith HOF for a reason;    Jet, Hoot & TWT, are in the BGR Hall of Shame for a reason.  LOL
Something from nothing has never been confirmed. Physicist, so far, have found no confirmed instances of something arising from nothing.

Maybe check out The Intelligent Plasma Hypothesis. Then check out Professor Robert Temple's book "A New Science of Heaven."

Just sharing some critical items for someone to think about.

I am no scientist but I do enjoy a lot of discussions with my father in-law and his PHD in Nuclear Physics. He has sparked an interest in me about plasma physics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • jetpilot
IAM22 is correct of course and OSH is enraged and making stuff up again. Nobody has explained "something from nothing" or even has a shred of evidence it is possible, because of course it isn't possible. Just atheists making up outrageous theories they they can never even begin to prove. That is OSH's sCiEnCe, which is no science at all. Notice how he calls me Falwell too because all he has is name calling and lies in his repertoire.
From this podcast video:

Without a doubt, John Calipari is one of the greatest coaches that college basketball has ever seen. Coach Calipari's resume features six trips to the Final Four, one national title, and 56 players who Calipari helped get selected in the NBA Draft. But what is it like playing for Coach John Calipari? What is Calipari like as a coach? How does he treat his players? Jacob Toppin, Lance Ware, CJ Fredrick and Brennan Canada from the Kentucky Basketball Team break it down in this video...

Seems like the players absolutely love the guy.

Another red herring. Cal is a nice guy in a way, but who wants a nice guy in the way? Cal's job is to WIN, and he hasn't done his job in YEARS. Not hard to grasp. But I'm sure you'll come back with a video of him helping an old lady across the street or some other meaningless sh!t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-30-2023, 04:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Another red herring. Cal is a nice guy in a way, but who wants a nice guy in the way? Cal's job is to WIN, and he hasn't done his job in YEARS. Not hard to grasp. But I'm sure you'll come back with a video of him helping an old lady across the street or some other meaningless sh!t.

He has won---at a rate higher than almost anyone. Throw out 2020 because, well, it was a year like nothing of us had ever seen. Plus, the players were horrible. Even '21-'22 and '22-'23, the players were pretty average, other than Oscar. And some have described the Big O as the worst, best player of all-time because of his, almost, nonexistent interior defensive ability. Even with average players the last two seasons he won 25 and 22 games. He's averaged something like 28 or 29 wins a season while at UK. That, and he has represented the university in ways that slimy Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Samson could never even fathom. #9 is on its way next season.
(03-20-2023, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 11:19 PM)cherokee Wrote: Once again Kentucky bits the dust because the 10 million dollar man is to proud to play zone or don't know how to implement it to his defense. U CONN beat us in a national championship game a few years back with a small penetrating guard ripping our defense up all night, Vanderbilt guard destroyed Kentucky in the SEC tournament penetrating something like 25 points and 10+ assists. Today a 5'8" penetrating guard took over the game, got in the lane anytime he wanted and dished to breaking teammates for layups all game long. Kentucky's point guard was 6'4" and all that length across the Kentucky backline geez why not throw a zone on them to see if it slowed them down. I think everyone watching this game knew Kentucky had nobody to guard him, yet we stayed man to man and man did he rip us a new one.

We won't hear from you again until KY loses their next game(next season). Just a pitiful excuse for a fan.  And your basketball intellect is "short-bus" worthy.  We lost this game because our best shooter, along with Toppin went   2  for  22 !!!
Get over taking knees and spend some time learning basketball basics.  When this team shot well , it won. When two of its key scorers  shoot a combined 9% from the field , they lose!!!

(03-30-2023, 11:19 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 04:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Another red herring. Cal is a nice guy in a way, but who wants a nice guy in the way? Cal's job is to WIN, and he hasn't done his job in YEARS. Not hard to grasp. But I'm sure you'll come back with a video of him helping an old lady across the street or some other meaningless sh!t.

He has won---at a rate higher than almost anyone. Throw out 2020 because, well, it was a year like nothing of us had ever seen. Plus, the players were horrible. Even '21-'22 and '22-'23, the players were pretty average, other than Oscar. And some have described the Big O as the worst, best player of all-time because of his, almost, nonexistent interior defensive ability. Even with average players the last two seasons he won 25 and 22 games. He's averaged something like 28 or 29 wins a season while at UK. That, and he has represented the university in ways that slimy Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Samson could never even fathom. #9 is on its way next season.
So, a coach known for his recruiting prowess began recruiting average players after being rewarded with a lucrative contact with a huge buyout clause and that is your defense of Calipari's tournament failures? You are no Johnny Cocharan or F. Lee Bailey, are you? You remind me more of the stuttering public defender in My Cousin Vinny. ?
  • jetpilot
LOL! MCV easily a top 20 all-time favorite. Smile and laugh all the way through lol.
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-30-2023, 01:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: LOL! MCV easily a top 20 all-time favorite. Smile and laugh all the way through lol.
Your Honor, these two utes...?

I agree. Jet. MCV was one of the most underrated movies of all time. The casting for that movie was perfect. It's hard to imagine anybody else playing the main characters any better.
(03-27-2023, 07:44 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 11:44 PM)cherokee Wrote: $6,943,000 is the total salary of the 4 coaches in the finale four, Cal makes $10,000,000, lets fire Cal and hire these 4 coaches save $3 million. Come on guys Make Kentucky Great Again.
I nominate you to become the next Athletic Director at the University of Kentucky. I also propose paying you a $1 million dollar bonus if you can gently persuade Coach Calipari to retire at no cost to Kentucky taxpayers and another $1 million to be paid when Kentucky wins its next NCAA title.

You really have a case of the red ass over the liberal HOF'er making $25,000 every single day for coaching at UK. With that kind of dough you could go out for a really nice meal at a really nice restaurant instead of having a robot make you a meal and bring it to your apartment.  

UK is absent from the  FF   because its players couldn't shoot the basketball, not because it's HOF coach is a liberal millionaire.

Poor Cherokee is upset at the HOF'ers salary , as well. With 25K a day, ol' Cherokee could get paid up on all his back taxes and maybe even get the electric turned back on. lol
More red herring crap. HOF means nothing, liberal means nothing, millionaire means nothing. He is paid to WIN and he hasn't for YEARS. OSH can't process accountability. Totally predictable and on brand. Total waste of time.
  • cherokee
(03-30-2023, 04:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: More red herring crap. HOF means nothing, liberal means nothing, millionaire means nothing. He is paid to WIN and he hasn't for YEARS. OSH can't process accountability. Totally predictable and on brand. Total waste of time.
If a high school player is already prepared to play in the NBA, then playing under Calipari at Kentucky is as good as anywhere else. If a player has a lot of talent but has some gaps in their game, then that player should look for a great coach and ignore Calipari's recruiting pitch.

As you said, John Calipari was hired to coach and win national titles. He won a title when he landed superior talent and he appeared in Final Fours, including one or two where he should have brought home titles. In recent years, he has failed miserably despite landing some highly touted recruits and transfers. Millionaire coaches should come with a money-back guarantee.
  • cherokee
(03-30-2023, 07:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 04:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: More red herring crap. HOF means nothing, liberal means nothing, millionaire means nothing. He is paid to WIN and he hasn't for YEARS. OSH can't process accountability. Totally predictable and on brand. Total waste of time.
If a high school player is already prepared to play in the NBA, then playing under Calipari at Kentucky is as good as anywhere else. If a player has a lot of talent but has some gaps in their game, then that player should look for a great coach and ignore Calipari's recruiting pitch.

As you said, John Calipari was hired to coach and win national titles. He won a title when he landed superior talent and he appeared in Final Fours, including one or two where he should have brought home titles. In recent years, he has failed miserably despite landing some highly touted recruits and transfers. Millionaire coaches should come with a money-back guarantee.

This is where all of you are wrong, that's not what he was brought in to do.  He was brought in to bring $$$ to the University, plan and simple.   Recruit future NBA talent that will make $$$$, that will in turn bring in future $$$$ to the university.
(03-27-2023, 07:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Look at you, pretending to understand the scientific method again!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin No BGR member so studiously avoids supporting his opinions with facts as you. In post after post, you attempt to justify your own arguments with other people's opinions as if associating people who you believe to smart with yourself bestows intelligence. A smart man would join other decent, civilized men in condemning the grooming of young elementary school students by assorted perverts from the extreme left end of the political spectrum. Drag queens have no rightful place in the education of American children.

Then, by hell, stay out of education.
(03-31-2023, 08:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 07:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 02:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Logic and science is my game, sir, not fantasy & fable.  

Then, by hell, stay out of education.

Bump.

Maybe now you 80% can shove cal right up your backside.

Like I said SIX years ago. He’s a joke and we’re just wasting time.

GF

PS see my avatar if you disagree
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-11-2024, 06:40 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Bump.

GF

Have you been waiting six years to post this again? We don't hear a gosh darn word from Cal's harshest critics as long as the team is winning and looking like a Top Ten team in the country. They were ranked #6 just a couple or three weeks ago.  If a poll of true BB fans was taken from across the state, a healthy majority would still root for Cal to succeed here, rather than be shown the door in favor of someone like the slimy, Bruce Pearl.  I'm gonna continue to root for Cal and the boys to make a deep run in March, as will a majority BB fans.
(02-11-2024, 08:39 PM)IOld School Hound Wrote:

GF

Have you been waiting six years to post this again? We don't hear a gosh darn word from Cal's harshest critics as long as the team is winning and looking like a Top Ten team in the country. They were ranked #6 just a couple or three weeks ago.  If a poll of true BB fans was taken from across the state, a healthy majority would still root for Cal to succeed here, rather than be shown the door in favor of someone like the slimy, Bruce Pearl.  I'm gonna continue to root for Cal and the boys to make a deep run in March, as will a majority BB fans.

I could’ve posted this at any point in the last six years. Get off his sack.
(02-11-2024, 09:37 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

GF

Would you fire him right now or wait til the end of the season? Either way, it's gonna cost UK a lot of money. Also, who would you hire to replace him that would be available and willing to make the move to , as Jet said, "a mid-tier SEC program." LOL
Cal has represented our university very well in his 14 years, helped make a lot of his players very wealthy, and hence, created new streams of big money donations back to the university. As Plant guy said, he has done what exactly he was hired to do and done it very well. Has his tenure just about come to an end in Lexington? Maybe so, but whoever replaces him, when it happens, will have big, BIG shoes to fill.
(02-11-2024, 11:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

GF

Would you fire him right now or wait til the end of the season? Either way, it's gonna cost UK a lot of money. Also, who would you hire to replace him that would be available and willing to make the move to , as Jet said, "a mid-tier SEC program." LOL
Cal has represented our university very well in his 14 years, helped make a lot of his players very wealthy, and hence, created new streams of big money donations back to the university. As Plant guy said, he has done what exactly he was hired to do and done it very well. Has his tenure just about come to an end in Lexington? Maybe so, but whoever replaces him, when it happens, will have big, BIG shoes to fill.

Fire him now. Tonight. Make the call during the Super Bowl and ruin his night. 
Kentucky will have no problem paying 27 mil to buy him out if they want. 

as far as hiring goes it doesn’t matter. We know cal ain’t winning so I will take my chances with anyone else over him. if I were AD? I’d make Brad Stevens say no. 10 mil a year for 10 years guaranteed with complete control and the ability to tell the AD to GTFO. 
If he says no keep adding money till he can’t. 

This team is soft as charmin. It’s not their fault. Their 18 year olds set up for failure. 
Cals ways of structuring teams don’t work. The transfer portal made sure of that. You can have the top five recruits every year and they’ll get bent over by five vets who were two stars in high school but have experience and strength. 

And btw, the only way firing cal works is you fire Barnhart first. Football sucks. They’ll never compete for the playoff with stoops. Even at 12 teams. WBB has the worst coach in its history but they’re scared to fire her. Baseball is in shambles. They gambled big on mongione and he’s a loser. 

Fire cal. Fire him tonight. Or have this same conversation 10 years from now when we still don’t have another title. This isn’t Tennessee. Titles are what matter here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jetpilot
OSH getting demolished in his weak sauce excuses as he should. Arguing for continued failure is the dumbest arguments ever made and always by the dumbest people.
  • RunItUpTheGut
And Gut is right about Barnhardt too. Idiot. Worse yet idiot with other people’s money.
(02-12-2024, 12:00 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

GF

as far as hiring goes it doesn’t matter. We know cal ain’t winning so I will take my chances with anyone else over him. if I were AD? I’d make Brad Stevens say no. 10 mil a year for 10 years guaranteed with complete control and the ability to tell the AD to GTFO. 

This team is soft as charmin. It’s not their fault. Their 18 year olds set up for failure. 
Cals ways of structuring teams don’t work. The transfer portal made sure of that. You can have the top five recruits every year and they’ll get bent over by five vets who were two stars in high school but have experience and strength. 

And btw, the only way firing cal works is you fire Barnhart first. Football sucks. They’ll never compete for the playoff with stoops. Even at 12 teams. WBB has the worst coach in its history but they’re scared to fire her. Baseball is in shambles. They gambled big on mongione and he’s a loser. 

Fire cal. Fire him tonight. Or have this same conversation 10 years from now when we still don’t have another title. This isn’t Tennessee. Titles are what matter here.

(02-12-2024, 12:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote: OSH getting demolished in his weak sauce excuses as he should. Arguing for continued failure is the dumbest arguments ever made and always by the dumbest people.
If you think firing Cal tonight, eight games from the end of the regular season is a stout position , you are miserably lost. You talk about demoralizing a group of young men!  There is not one soul in a leadership position at UK who would lobby for such nonsense.  NOT ONE!!! Just crazy stuff.
(02-12-2024, 12:00 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

GF

I agree with you about this team being very soft.  But it's not like Cal is saying, "Go out there and play soft."   As Shaun Smith, of KSR, said, the lack of toughness is on the players. Either a guy is tough or he's not. Either a guy is disciplined or he's not. That's not on the coach, it's on the player to be tough and be disciplined.

Jack Pilgrim: "It's dumb to even consider Coach Cal needs to go right now... All that stuff is stupid."

I guess Jack Pilgrim and other level-headed fans should "suck it!"
You can’t win with soft freshmen and no vets
(02-12-2024, 03:32 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: You can’t win with soft freshmen and no vets
The softness is definitely a problem.

Gonzaga's  big men  ---  66 points,  20 rebounds.

Kentucky's big men ---  13 points,  7 rebounds.

Btw, Tre Mitchell is about as vet as a player can be. Antonio Reeves has been around the college a long time, as well.

Also, you can't win when you are 67 spots below Merrimack in adjusted defensive efficiency.
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next