Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
(03-19-2023, 11:19 PM)cherokee Wrote: Once again Kentucky bits the dust because the 10 million dollar man is to proud to play zone or don't know how to implement it to his defense. U CONN beat us in a national championship game a few years back with a small penetrating guard ripping our defense up all night, Vanderbilt guard destroyed Kentucky in the SEC tournament penetrating something like 25 points and 10+ assists. Today a 5'8" penetrating guard took over the game, got in the lane anytime he wanted and dished to breaking teammates for layups all game long. Kentucky's point guard was 6'4" and all that length across the Kentucky backline geez why not throw a zone on them to see if it slowed them down. I think everyone watching this game knew Kentucky had nobody to guard him, yet we stayed man to man and man did he rip us a new one.

We won't hear from you again until KY loses their next game(next season). Just a pitiful excuse for a fan.  And your basketball intellect is "short-bus" worthy.  We lost this game because our best shooter, along with Toppin went   2  for  22 !!!
Get over taking knees and spend some time learning basketball basics.  When this team shot well , it won. When two of its key scorers  shoot a combined 9% from the field , they lose!!!
Every team occasionally shoots poorly and turns the ball over at a high rate. Poorly coached teams just do it much more often in big games than do well coached teams. Kentucky is not a well coached team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jax
(03-19-2023, 09:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 08:26 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: I wish Cal had hit some of those open 3s.

Finally, someone gets it !!!   Reeves & Toppin were 2-22 combined.  If they had just gone 5-22,  KY wins.  Poor shooting cost UK the chance to advance.  And many of those shots were open looks .

[Image: https://bluegrasspreps.com/uploads/attac...e94a1c.jpg]

(03-20-2023, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 11:19 PM)cherokee Wrote: Once again Kentucky bits the dust because the 10 million dollar man is to proud to play zone or don't know how to implement it to his defense. U CONN beat us in a national championship game a few years back with a small penetrating guard ripping our defense up all night, Vanderbilt guard destroyed Kentucky in the SEC tournament penetrating something like 25 points and 10+ assists. Today a 5'8" penetrating guard took over the game, got in the lane anytime he wanted and dished to breaking teammates for layups all game long. Kentucky's point guard was 6'4" and all that length across the Kentucky backline geez why not throw a zone on them to see if it slowed them down. I think everyone watching this game knew Kentucky had nobody to guard him, yet we stayed man to man and man did he rip us a new one.

We won't hear from you again until KY loses their next game(next season). Just a pitiful excuse for a fan.  And your basketball intellect is "short-bus" worthy.  We lost this game because our best shooter, along with Toppin went   2  for  22 !!!
Get over taking knees and spend some time learning basketball basics.  When this team shot well , it won. When two of its key scorers  shoot a combined 9% from the field , they lose!!!
Old School Snoop Dog this is how the outsiders view your man crush performance

Wildcat Sports Talk
1d
·
Paul Finebaum says “clock is ticking loudly” on Calipari.
“Beating Providence saved the day on Friday from a complete disaster, but there’s no way you can look at this season as anything other than a failure. And there’s also no way you can look at John Calipari’s career as saying nothing but the clock is ticking loudly. You can say whatever you want about his record, but it’s been 11 years since his National Championship, it’s been eight years now since a Final Four, and over the last four years this program has one NCAA Tournament win. That’s a failure.” - Paul Finebaum
(03-21-2023, 09:50 PM)cherokee Wrote: Old School Snoop Dog this is how the outsiders view your man crush performance

Wildcat Sports Talk
1d
  ·
Paul Finebaum says “clock is ticking loudly” on Calipari.
“Beating Providence saved the day on Friday from a complete disaster, but there’s no way you can look at this season as anything other than a failure. And there’s also no way you can look at John Calipari’s career as saying nothing but the clock is ticking loudly. You can say whatever you want about his record, but it’s been 11 years since his National Championship, it’s been eight years now since a Final Four, and over the last four years this program has one NCAA Tournament win. That’s a failure.” - Paul Finebaum

Just terrible, terrible shooting performance from Cal.   2-22  Whoa, I thought Coach C. could shoot better than that.

If Reeves and/or Toppin does anything at all, KY wins by double digits.   This exit was not on Cal ... it was on the incompetent shooting of two of its best players. Most of the looks were wide open.

Finebaum is a A-1 tool !!!
After being head coach for 14 years and making 10 million a year you would think UK would have at least more than 2 outside shooters, so these are the players he has chosen so who is the blame.

lexington Hearld
JOHN-CLAY
Kentucky fans are right to have high expectations. John Calipari isn’t meeting them.
(03-22-2023, 10:35 AM)cherokee Wrote: After being head coach for 14 years and making 10 million a year you would think UK would have at least more than 2 outside shooters, so these are the players he has chosen so who is the blame.

lexington Hearld
JOHN-CLAY
Kentucky fans are right to have high expectations. John Calipari isn’t meeting them.

Cherokee, this was my biggest issue.  We legitimately had only five players who should be on the court for any length of time(would have been six had Frederick been healthy). Five(or even six) options  is a woefully  small number for a school like UK. Quality depth just wasn't there.
(03-20-2023, 02:27 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Every team occasionally shoots poorly and turns the ball over at a high rate. Poorly coached teams just do it much more often in big games than do well coached teams. Kentucky is not a well coached team.

or teams that the players are not very good.
Saw this take by someone on another board :

"If Cal had left UK after 8 years for another job...UK fans would view Cal as the apple of their eyes. Pitino left when he was hot...the only Coach in UK history to do so, therefore he is "the one who got away".

Look at the mess Pitino left at U of L and be thankful that Cal, despite his critics, has ran a first class program with very little off the court issues. He and Ellen have also been pillars of the community, unlike Pitino and his cheerleader/restaurant escapades. "
IF IF IF
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
No more excuses, just win or PLEASE gtfo...

Pitino had sex in a restaurant so take your losses and be thankful for Cal is a horrible take that is bought by exactly no one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
2-22 shooting or Cal and his team would have won handily and have good shot at FF. Cal is not at fault for 2-22. Most of the looks were wide open,.

I would like to see UK have more bodies that can be trusted to be on the court. Had only five that should been out there in a NCAA tourney game. That's at lest three or four too few.
Saw where a Purdue fan had started an online position for the firing of Matt Painter. Currently has  642 signatures. The first thing I thought of for some odd reason was the Twilight Zone" episode titled "People Are Alike All Over," starring Roddy McDowell. I'm surprised Cherokee hasn't started a petition . lol

Fans really are alike all over.

Some UCLA fans calling for Mick Cronin's firing.

Tennessee fans calling for Rick Barnes departure...

Fans are the same all over. All fanbases have their Cherokees, it seems.  lol
Calipari has damaged Kentucky's basketball program and things will only get worse as long as he remains head coach. Sometimes, a good shooting team has an off night or half, such as UK's loss to Georgetown in 1984, but it has become a pattern for Calipari's teams.
(03-24-2023, 01:40 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Some UCLA fans calling for Mick Cronin's firing.

Tennessee fans calling for Rick Barnes departure...

Fans are the same all over. All fanbases have their Cherokees, it seems.  lol

Especially fanbases whose program fell from one of the top 2 or 3 in the nation to a 2nd tier SEC team...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, IAM22
SEC now out
Exposed as 2nd rate conference
UK can’t win SEC
Epic $100MM fail
Idiots blame it on 18 year old players
When players go 2-22 shooting with wide-open looks , of course its on the players.

Bama fans are railing against Nate Oats. Want to send him to Lexington. LOL

Houston fans calling for Samson to  fired.
It’s not one game fool. It’s years.
3 SEC coaches won more NCAA tournament games in the last week than Cal has won in 4 years.
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-25-2023, 01:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 3 SEC coaches won more NCAA tournament games in the last week than Cal has won in 4 years.

I'll stick with the HOF'er and I'll keep rooting for his teams.  I think he's loaded  for a run at #9 next season. 

Cal has said publicly on many occasions that he doesn't pay a bit of attention to you & the other 17 percenters who whine like little girls when they lose , complain about his salary, and call for his firing. He's not listening to you and neither is UK nor 83% of BBN.  In basketball and in politics you are way out of the mainstream .   LOL
(03-25-2023, 01:48 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 01:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: 3 SEC coaches won more NCAA tournament games in the last week than Cal has won in 4 years.

I'll stick with the HOF'er and I'll keep rooting for his teams.  I think he's loaded  for a run at #9 next season. 

Cal has said publicly on many occasions that he doesn't pay a bit of attention to you & the other 17 percenters who whine like little girls when they lose , complain about his salary, and call for his firing. He's not listening to you and neither is UK nor 83% of BBN.  In basketball and in politics you are way out of the mainstream .   LOL
You are talking about a man who claimed ignorance and walked away from trainwrecks that happened on his watch at both UMass and Memphis. You quote him as if he is a man of honor whose word is the absolute truth.

The well deserved criticism is almost certainly felt, although $10 million a year surely soothes whatever sting he may feel. An honorable man would have voluntarily resigned several years ago and taken responsibility for the declining Kentucky basketball program. The truth is that no other program is interested in matching his lucrative deal at UK. He would be lucky to land a job paying 30 percent of his current salary if he left UK. Calipari seems determined to pocket as much cash from UK as possible as he continues to sink the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-25-2023, 01:48 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

1. HOF doesn't mean sh!t. Doesn't even beat St. Peters. Gets 1 tournament win in 4 years.
2. 17 and 83 #s are made up gibberish fake news.
3. If you think your radical views are mainstream you are crazy. Anyhow, anyone who strives to me mainstream has nothing on the ball.
Just learned that Coach Cal made a call down here to Corbin to offer his condolences to the family of little Eli Hill who was tragically killed last week while playing basketball at home. I sometimes think Cal cares more about people than he does wins and losses. He seems to care a lot about his basketball players as well, wanting what's best for their future, even it might negatively impact his win total. Not that he has done poorly with wins. An average of 28 or 29 wins a season ain't half bad.

I'm glad we have a good citizen like Cal leading our basketball program. He will be hard to replace when you consider the total package that he and Ellen bring to Lexington an to UK. HOF coach and human being!!!
^^^Dumbest sh!t I ever read. Cal is paid $10MM/year to WIN. He is FAILING MISERABLY. Plenty of people much nicer than Cal would gladly coach UK for free if that was the job description. Hoot is right, you are the king of the red herrings.

Everyone knows if Cal were a Republican you would want him fired, jailed and all his assets seized.

I have never encountered in my life anyone as full of crap as you OSH. You have never made a single logical argument on any topic in the history of this board.
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-26-2023, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Dumbest sh!t I ever read. Cal is paid $10MM/year to WIN. He is FAILING MISERABLY. Plenty of people much nicer than Cal would gladly coach UK for free if that was the job description. Hoot is right, you are the king of the red herrings.

Everyone knows if Cal were a Republican you would want him fired, jailed and all his assets seized.

I have never encountered in my life anyone as full of crap as you OSH. You have never made a single logical argument on any topic in the history of this board.

Logic and science is my game, sir, not fantasy & fable.  

Illogical is when people who believe in imaginary beings criticize a scientist for being illogical.  lol

Cal has won more NCAA tourney games than any active coach.  He's nice AND he wins!!!!

Fact is, the hard right  fantasy peddlers would be more than willing to slobber all over Cal's big blue  knob if he were a supporter of the violent Jan 6  seditionists who laid siege to our Capitol.
(03-26-2023, 02:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 01:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Dumbest sh!t I ever read. Cal is paid $10MM/year to WIN. He is FAILING MISERABLY. Plenty of people much nicer than Cal would gladly coach UK for free if that was the job description. Hoot is right, you are the king of the red herrings.

Illogical is when people who believe in imaginary beings criticize a scientist for being illogical.  lol

Cal has won more NCAA tourney games than any active coach.  He's nice AND he wins!!!!
LOLOL you have nothing that resembles science. "First there was nothing, and then it blew up" is your "sCiEnCe". Cal has 1 NCAA win in 4 years. Look up that rank. He is way behind St. Peters's coach and dozens of others...Another red herring from the king...

Fact is, the hard right  fantasy peddlers would be more than willing to slobber all over Cal's big blue  knob if he were a supporter of the violent Jan 6  seditionists who laid siege to our Capitol.

Only idiots believe a bunch of people with no guns milling about in one building in one US city, being let in and shown around by the police and taking selfies, was an insurrection. And I mean only the really really stupid people.
  • IAM22

$40 million for two NCAA tournament wins in four years is a steep price to pay a Kentucky basketball coach and that is a fact. John Calipari is far and away the most overpaid head coach in the history of the University of Kentucky's basketball program. That is another fact.

Fantasy is what you are engaging in when you claim that Calipari's mediocre performance is the fault of his players failure to perform well, as if a head basketball coach is powerless to impact the performance of his own players. If that were true, then the Kentucky AD could draw names out of a hat filled with people willing to coach UK's basketball team as a non-paid volunteer and then use the $10 million in savings to improve academic programs - or refund the money to taxpayers as compensation for all of the money wasted on Calipari's salary.
$6,943,000 is the total salary of the 4 coaches in the finale four, Cal makes $10,000,000, lets fire Cal and hire these 4 coaches save $3 million. Come on guys Make Kentucky Great Again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cherokee's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-26-2023, 02:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

LOLOL you have nothing that resembles science. "First there was nothing, and then it blew up" is your "sCiEnCe". Cal has 1 NCAA win in 4 years. Look up that rank. He is way behind St. Peters's coach and dozens of others...Another red herring from the king...

Jetpilot: Jerry Falwell   as   OSH : Richard Dawkins

I know you don't investigate scientific journal articles but Dawkins has explained "something from nothing."  Your myths have been debunked over and over.  You and The Wrong Thing are just too scared to do the research, knowing that you won't like what you find. Critical thinking scares you guys to death.   LOL

Cal's in the Naismith HOF for a reason;    Jet, Hoot & TWT, are in the BGR Hall of Shame for a reason.  LOL
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next