•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Pikeville 2024
(12-17-2023, 06:28 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: I had heard Pikeville has finalized a deal with Ironton, OH. Anyone know the date if True ?
Would probably have to be week 6, 7, or 8 because the rest of the weeks in the rumored schedule are taken.
Ironton needed a game for 10/4 I read somewhere so that's my guess.
This would be a fantastic game and atmosphere if true, and would mean Pikeville is not playing the RPI sweepstakes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
Pikeville should dominate 1A for the foreseeable future. Quick question, do you ever see Pikeville moving up to 2A?
LCA is at pikeville. Pikeville owes them a good butt whooping. Won't be Doug Charles selected buddies to call game either.
(12-20-2023, 02:27 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Pikeville should dominate 1A for the foreseeable future. Quick question, do you ever see Pikeville moving up to 2A?

No, they have an eye on enrollment numbers.
(12-21-2023, 09:23 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: LCA is at pikeville. Pikeville owes them a good butt whooping. Won't be Doug Charles selected buddies to call game either.

No. Pikeville has to go back to LCA because it’s a bowl game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Belichick, Buffs19
(12-21-2023, 11:02 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 09:23 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: LCA is at pikeville. Pikeville owes them a good butt whooping. Won't be Doug Charles selected buddies to call game either.

Any idea on the 2024 Pike County Bowl matchups? Heard Belfry will play GRC again and Pikeville vs JC. I thought when contract was signed Pikeville would play GRC and Belfry vs JC in 2024.
(12-21-2023, 02:08 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 11:02 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

Any idea on the 2024 Pike County Bowl matchups? Heard Belfry will play GRC again and Pikeville vs JC. I thought when contract was signed Pikeville would play GRC and Belfry vs JC in 2024.

Due to Belfry's anticipated regular season game with JC, the PCB will be the same matchups as last year (Pville vs JC, Belfry vs GRC).
Very few teams across the state return as much star power as Pikeville, the Panthers return QB Issac Duty, and a pair of stud backs in Brendan Anthony and Blake Caudill add that to LB Jeremiah Anderson and DB Deonte Stevens. The progression of up and coming star Jayden Justice on the DL gives the Panthers a valuable piece at each level. Have fun stopping this bunch!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nations Elite's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Hearing Pikeville may get an impact transfer or two. Panthers lost a few pieces but if rumors are true with what they have returning, they are going to be really good. I still don’t think we saw what that offense can do this year. Expect to see some kids break out this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(12-22-2023, 07:19 AM)Nations Elite Wrote: Very few teams across the state return as much star power as Pikeville, the Panthers return QB Issac Duty, and a pair of stud backs in Brendan Anthony and Blake Caudill add that to LB Jeremiah Anderson and DB Deonte Stevens. The progression of up and coming star Jayden Justice on the DL gives the Panthers a valuable piece at each level. Have fun stopping this bunch!
Should be a fun four peat year for Panther fans.

(12-22-2023, 08:08 PM)Belichick Wrote: Hearing Pikeville may get an impact transfer or two. Panthers lost a few pieces but if rumors are true with what they have returning, they are going to be really good. I still don’t think we saw what that offense can do this year. Expect to see some kids break out this year.
If i was a football or other sports parent, PHS is where id be sending my child. Too promising not to.
[-] The following 4 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Belichick, Fanatic42, Humpty Dumpty, The 99
(12-17-2023, 07:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ironton needed a game for 10/4 I read somewhere so that's my guess.
This would be a fantastic game and atmosphere if true, and would mean Pikeville is not playing the RPI sweepstakes.
Jet, 

Would this game be @ Pikeville or @ Ironton?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slic Ric's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(12-26-2023, 11:47 AM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 07:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Ironton needed a game for 10/4 I read somewhere so that's my guess.
Jet, 

Hope its at Pikeville. No matter where its at though, it should draw a huge gate and great football atmosphere.
Jet, 

The game is supposed to be @ Pikeville on 9/27.
I mean they might as well send the trophy to Pikeville. The talent level between Pikeville and Raceland was as close as it's been in years and Raceland still couldn't get it done. Sayre isn't going to do anything and I doubt Campbellsville does either. Send it to Pikeville, might as box the Mr. Football up as well and send it to their stud running back.
Jet, 

Ohio Scheduler posted on Twitter that Ironton needed games, then someone on this thread posted they were playing Pikeville. JV teams played last year so the athletic departments have a relationship. That's all I know and others know more.
(12-10-2023, 10:53 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: 4-peat!!!!!
Brenden Anthony wins Mr. Football
Wash ,rinse ,repeat ….
5-peat !!!!!!
Atwell at OC would get my ( way to early vote)
Anthony will without question be deserving. Having said that, his numbers will have to be off the charts to get the recognition he will undoubtedly deserve. The 1A players have to to make the cut. Pikevilles schedule helps him a lot though.
Anthony would have to average 20-25 carries a game while also playing LB on defense and stay healthy doing all that. Unless Pikeville just has a concerted effort to try to get that award for him, Mr. Football isn’t going to happen. He’s good enough and in shape enough but that isn’t the way they play either. That’s not a selfish football team. Several kids who could be stars on other teams and put up big numbers sacrifice and play a role on a team like that for rings. They’ll make sure he has adequate rest going into postseason and go win 4 in a row. That’s how they work.
[-] The following 3 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, BlackcatPride32, jetpilot
Any word on if Duty is playing next season? I know some mentioned on here he plans to focus solely on baseball being a legit D1 pitching prospect and have heard some even say he could be a late round draft pick. I don’t know the young man but I’d think he’d want the chance to do what few have ever done which is win 4 state titles
(01-11-2024, 10:15 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Any word on if Duty is playing next season? I know some mentioned on here he plans to focus solely on baseball being a legit D1 pitching prospect and have heard some even say he could be a late round draft pick. I don’t know the young man but I’d think he’d want the chance to do what few have ever done which is win 4 state titles

He is playing as far as I know. I know that might change as baseball and summer baseball get going though, SEC schools start calling he might change his mind
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(01-11-2024, 10:10 AM)Belichick Wrote: Anthony would have to average 20-25 carries a game while also playing LB on defense and stay healthy doing all that. Unless Pikeville just has a concerted effort to try to get that award for him, Mr. Football isn’t going to happen. He’s good enough and in shape enough but that isn’t the way they play either. That’s not a selfish football team. Several kids who could be stars on other teams and put up big numbers sacrifice and play a role on a team like that for rings. They’ll make sure he has adequate rest going into postseason and go win 4 in a row. That’s how they work.
I can’t love this enough. Pikeville over the last 10 years has had kids that would’ve had monster stats at nearby schools but chose to win titles vs being the biggest fish in a mud hole. I’ve watched a few neighboring schools have kids put up crazy stats and that kid maybe not even been a starter at Pikeville and I chuckle. But hey to each their own…..do you wanna be a big stat guy and never sniff a state title or do you wanna be a team guy and win multiple rings? Everyone has different agendas. Decide who you are? If you’re a me guy go to whatever school not named Pikeville…..if you want to play at Kroger and get Rings and put your stats on the back burner then wear maroon. Simple. I just speak the truth, if you don’t like it then scroll on.
[-] The following 3 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Belichick, Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(01-13-2024, 03:18 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:10 AM)Belichick Wrote: Anthony would have to average 20-25 carries a game while also playing LB on defense and stay healthy doing all that. Unless Pikeville just has a concerted effort to try to get that award for him, Mr. Football isn’t going to happen. He’s good enough and in shape enough but that isn’t the way they play either. That’s not a selfish football team. Several kids who could be stars on other teams and put up big numbers sacrifice and play a role on a team like that for rings. They’ll make sure he has adequate rest going into postseason and go win 4 in a row. That’s how they work.
I can’t love this enough. Pikeville over the last 10 years has had kids that would’ve had monster stats at nearby schools but chose to win titles vs being the biggest fish in a mud hole. I’ve watched a few neighboring schools have kids put up crazy stats and that kid maybe not even been a starter at Pikeville and I chuckle. But hey to each their own…..do you wanna be a big stat guy and never sniff a state title or do you wanna be a team guy and win multiple rings? Everyone has different agendas. Decide who you are? If you’re a me guy go to whatever school not named Pikeville…..if you want to play at Kroger and get Rings and put your stats on the back burner then wear maroon. Simple. I just speak the truth, if you don’t like it then scroll on.
Totally agree with both comments. Pikeville has built a PROGRAM that keeps on winning, and that attracts the best talent that learns it is a WE mentality instead of a ME mentality. Iron truly sharpens iron and that is consummated at Kroger Field by being a part of something bigger than just one player hoisting that trophy when the game is done. Imo, playing unselfish along with Coach Mac and one of the best coaching staffs Statewide, along with excellent community support and facilities, and always a monster schedule is the program's forte. A vision of future success is very real for the Pikeville football PROGRAM.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42, jetpilot
That’s why I said what I said regarding the comment of Anthony being a Mr Football finalist. It’s unlikely simply bc of how the Panthers do things. Neither is a slight to either party btw. Pikeville is the standard.
Good stuff and very well put by Bel, MB and B5-0. They have captured the essence of Pikeville football perfectly. Truly the golden age of PHS sports right now with football leading the way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(01-14-2024, 08:58 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Good stuff and very well put by Bel, MB and B5-0. They have captured the essence of Pikeville football perfectly. Truly the golden age of PHS sports right now with football leading the way.
100 % correct jp. Its always a great time to be a Panther fan, and with this era at PHS and all of the success at every sport program and academics, it just makes it extra special.

I don’t think it makes a kid selfish to stay and play for the school they grew up in and play with the guys they went to school with their whole life. Not being a ring chaser by transferring doesn’t mean you’re a selfish player. It could just mean you’re loyal to your hometown, family, and friends.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Diogenes, Micro-Brew
(01-15-2024, 05:37 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I don’t think it makes a kid selfish to stay and play for the school they grew up in and play with the guys they went to school with their whole life. Not being a ring chaser by transferring doesn’t mean you’re a selfish player. It could just mean you’re loyal to your hometown, family, and friends.
LOL
(01-15-2024, 05:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

LOL

We get it, Pikeville makes a killing off watered down 1A you guys are the best. We get it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Diogenes
(01-15-2024, 06:20 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 05:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

LOL

We get it, Pikeville makes a killing off watered down 1A you guys are the best. We get it!
LOL
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next