Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Pikeville 2024
They will be very good. Anyone have a schedule? Saw on Twitter they are looking for 2 games...
Help me out with schedule

Opening week who?
2nd game PCB GRC?
JC still on schedule?
LCA at Pikeville? Probably and I vote yes

Raceland at Raceland?
Belfry at Pikeville for sure
Paintsville district
Hazard district
Boyd at Boyd again seems like they demanded 2 a$$ whoppins in front of the home folks
*whoopins, everyone knows hehe
4-Peat

Brenden Anthony wins Mr. Football
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Deuce8
4-peat!!!!!
Wash ,rinse ,repeat ….
5-peat !!!!!!
If the 24 team can gel together early I think they can be a contender.

:)
Corbin at Corbin
GRC (Pike Co Bowl)
at LCA
at Raceland
Belfry
Open
Open
Open
at Paintsville
Hazard
at Boyd Co

They are looking to fill 2 of 3 open dates.  This is 2nd and 3rd hand info so could be incorrect.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
(12-10-2023, 01:03 PM)Belichick Wrote: Corbin at Corbin
GRC (Pike Co Bowl)
at LCA
at Raceland
Belfry
Open
Open
Open
at Paintsville
Hazard
at Boyd Co

They are looking to fill 2 of 3 open dates.  This is 2nd and 3rd hand info so could be incorrect.
I figured that JC contract would have at least been for 2 years, considering how much trouble both programs have had filling their schedules in recent years.
Corbin game a go?
(12-10-2023, 10:53 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: 4-peat!!!!!
Wash ,rinse ,repeat ….
5-peat !!!!!
Idt he will win Mr football
4 peat!!!
I think Anthony has to at least be in the running for Mr Football next year. Idk if there will be another player more valuable to their team in the state next year than he will be on both sides of the football.
Mr. Football is a stat driven award and incredibly difficult for a player from the mountains to win unless they have a year like Mr. Thomas. Pikeville tends to spread it out, develop other players, and save their studs for playoffs. Anthony is definitely capable and is one of best two way players in the state but I don’t think he will get the touches needed for that award.

(12-10-2023, 01:38 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 01:03 PM)Belichick Wrote: Corbin at Corbin
GRC (Pike Co Bowl)
at LCA
at Raceland
Belfry
Open
Open
Open
at Paintsville
Hazard
at Boyd Co

I figured that JC contract would have at least been for 2 years, considering how much trouble both programs have had filling their schedules in recent years.
I think JC is playing Belfry in Pike County Bowl next season.
Pikeville is playing Johnson Central in the PCB again due to Belfry's anticipated regular season matchup with Johnson Central. I assume Belfry will play GRC again in the PCB.

at Corbin
vs Johnson Central (PCB)
at LCA
at Raceland
vs Belfry
Open
Open
Open
at Paintsville
vs Hazard
at Boyd County

Panthers are still looking for 2 more games.
So wait, we are playing JC in the PCB because Belfry wants to play them in week 3?

Didn’t Belfry drop the series with JC and only pick them back up because they needed a 10th ?

Ole Phil beat them once and now wants to play them again? Laughable.

If I was JC I’d say no thank you but I’m they have a hard time getting games too.
Catering to the county schools has made the PCB almost unrecognizable to the great bowl it once was. Pikeville and Belfry should play on the same field on the same night. I'm to the point of wishing it was the Pikeville Bowl. Pikeville could invite the other 3 teams. Belfry would be invited every year and if they decline then just invite someone else.

2024 I would have Pikeville vs Mayfield followed by Belfry vs Beechwood.
pikeville can be a contender
hard hitting analysis on this forum

i think pikeville rolls 1A and possibly goes undefeated depending on the schedule. i think it's more of a certainty next year than this season was.
In 2024 there is a 99% chance that there won’t be a legitimate contender to compete with Pikeville and they will most likely run the clock against every 1A team they play.
In honor of Micro Brew let's pump the brakes a bit. Pikeville loses a bunch of really good players who will be greatly missed.
Impossible to overstate their contributions to the program. Pikeville will be favored but favored is only on paper. These guys will be very hard to replace.

Westin Bevins
Tavian Boykins
Andrew Deskins
Zachary Edmonds
Gavin Fultz
Carson Hurt
Jerome Justice
Jay McNamee
Brayden Reed
Jacob Rogers
Jackson Wilkerson
Jeb Wilkerson
Sam Wright
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Micro-Brew
(12-11-2023, 09:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: In honor of Micro Brew let's pump the brakes a bit. Pikeville loses a bunch of really good players who will be greatly missed.
Impossible to overstate their contributions to the program. Pikeville will be favored but favored is only on paper. These guys will be very hard to replace.

Westin Bevins
Tavian Boykins
Andrew Deskins
Zachary Edmonds
Gavin Fultz
Carson Hurt
Jerome Justice
Jay McNamee
Brayden Reed
Jacob Rogers
Jackson Wilkerson
Jeb Wilkerson
Sam Wright
Aww, you even put their names in alphabetical order. That’s cute.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • jetpilot, Old School 18
(12-11-2023, 09:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: In honor of Micro Brew let's pump the brakes a bit. Pikeville loses a bunch of really good players who will be greatly missed.

Westin Bevins
Tavian Boykins
Andrew Deskins
Zachary Edmonds
Gavin Fultz
Carson Hurt
Jerome Justice
Jay McNamee
Brayden Reed
Jacob Rogers
Jackson Wilkerson
Jeb Wilkerson
Sam Wright
Pikeville does lose a lot but their competition in 1A loses a lot too. They have Anthony so they will be fine. Now I do think 2025 may be the season you can get Pikeville for a 1A team if your going to when Anthony, Caudill, and Duty are gone.
(12-11-2023, 10:14 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Westin Bevins
Tavian Boykins
Andrew Deskins
Zachary Edmonds
Gavin Fultz
Carson Hurt
Jerome Justice
Jay McNamee
Brayden Reed
Jacob Rogers
Jackson Wilkerson
Jeb Wilkerson
Sam Wright
Yes, my memory isn't what it once was so had to get it from the roster so as not to leave anyone out. How is it cute?
(12-11-2023, 10:17 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Westin Bevins
Tavian Boykins
Andrew Deskins
Zachary Edmonds
Gavin Fultz
Carson Hurt
Jerome Justice
Jay McNamee
Brayden Reed
Jacob Rogers
Jackson Wilkerson
Jeb Wilkerson
Sam Wright
Pikeville does lose a lot but their competition in 1A loses a lot too. They have Anthony so they will be fine. Now I do think 2025 may be the season you can get Pikeville for a 1A team if your going to when Anthony, Caudill, and Duty are gone.
Only problem is then you have Reynolds at QB who is a star and Anderson Justice and a bunch of other guys at RB who are studs already. Not to mention a great defense. Can't expect or hope for Pikeville to get worse, it is up to Class A get better. Maybe they will.
I heard that Pikeville may have a different quarterback next year the Duty kid is concentrating on baseball an may not play football may not be true just a rumor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-11-2023, 11:14 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I heard that Pikeville may have a different quarterback next year the Duty kid is concentrating on baseball an may not play football may not be true just a rumor

I could see that happening P1. He is a great pitcher and will get a lot of excellent baseball offers at the next level. Totally understand protecting that pitching arm. Might be hard not to play football again and maybe get that 4th ring though. Can understand the decision either way but if he were my son I would say don't risk injury to your arm.
(12-11-2023, 10:14 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Westin Bevins
Tavian Boykins
Andrew Deskins
Zachary Edmonds
Gavin Fultz
Carson Hurt
Jerome Justice
Jay McNamee
Brayden Reed
Jacob Rogers
Jackson Wilkerson
Jeb Wilkerson
Sam Wright

And, being the trash talker that I am, if it was anyone but you, PHS2000 and TB, and yes probably Furley Bundy and Blue Bird too, I would say it's always a pleasant surprise anytime I see Paintsville grads demonstrating a working knowledge of the ABCs
(12-11-2023, 11:14 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I heard that Pikeville may have a different quarterback next year the Duty kid is concentrating on baseball an may not play football may not be true just a rumor

I would be shocked if Duty doesn’t play football. Absolutely shocked.

If he doesn’t Reynolds will get the reigns and do just fine or we might just get a kid or 4 that want a better education and culture.
(12-12-2023, 12:10 AM)RTruth Wrote:

I would be shocked if Duty doesn’t play football. Absolutely shocked.

If he doesn’t Reynolds will get the reigns and do just fine or we might just get a kid or 4 that want a better education and culture.

Always be people from all over moving to Pikeville and/or sending their kids to Pikeville.
Both Duty at QB next year and Reynolds in 2025 and 2026 or Reynolds next 3 years is bad news for Class A. And if neither of those scenarios play out there will be another nightmare scenario that will come out of Pikeville that Class A will have to deal with lol
Reynolds is a freaking stud in waiting imo. Incredible athelete
(12-12-2023, 12:39 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Reynolds is a freaking stud in waiting imo. Incredible athelete

Absolutely. Pikeville has had a lot of great QBs over the years and he could end up right up there with the best.
One more thing if Duty plays Reynolds will still get a ton of experience next year. Pikeville will blow several teams out early and especially Class A teams. Then Reynolds will play against those teams' 1st team D. Then there are JV games against much bigger schools if they choose to let him play in those