•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
(11-18-2023, 12:56 AM)Bolt Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:51 AM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Somerset won tonight…..

Wonder if
A).  The NIL Twins move back to Somerset and Mark Stops (Stoops, or just Oops) makes a call to get them eligible for next week??
B).  The NIL Twins give up their cool dodge trucks and move to Lexington
C).  They stay in Corbin for. 6th year of eligibility and lose to Haddix again???

Clay Clevenger getting it done will make it tougher to get kids to move an hour to Corbin.

to be honest they probably would have had a better chance at a title had they went back to somerset, but somerset is going to get drilled next week
Do you think they went to Corbin for a title?Winning a title had nothing to do with it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
We are watching the literal self destruction of a man right here in this thread. This is gonna be so fun to read the next few days lol
(11-18-2023, 01:36 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:20 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

The last 2 calls were incorrect the way I understand the rule.  It's not an infraction if the tackler is going low.  I won't blame the kid, it's just instinct and an official doubling down after Coach Greer let him have it after the previous one that was called.

Then you understand the rule incorrectly. The rule says that a ball carrier cannot hurdle a defensive player that has 2 feet (and only his 2 feet) on the ground. If he is on a knee or also has a hand down, or has left the ground himself, then it is not a penalty.  It has nothing to do with where the defensive player is located as long as he has 2 feet on the ground.  He can be in a squat like a catcher in baseball and it is still hurdling. Now if he lunges forward and one, or both feet leave the ground, then there is no penalty.

I may be wrong, was told this by someone who claimed to know the rule.  I'm still not sure about the last one, looked as though he realized he was starting to do it and tried to stop mid-stream and kept his right leg on the ground. Not saying this as an excuse, just defending the kid.

Did he have this called against him in any prior games?

(11-18-2023, 01:31 AM)CC117 Wrote: Corbin’s fans can declare themselves the better team all they want, meanwhile on Sunday Boyle goes back to work to try to win #12.  A little humility would go a long way…

Good point.
Twins provided with housing, cars, food, and money to lose in the third round.

Bet some people are thinking why did we do all of that for that result.

Thankful for the live stream but seems that a lot of people on here are forgetting about the two int #2 threw, not getting in from the one yard line, and boyle d not tackling a simple sweep play. The game was close because of those reasons.
Out of the entire game I think the twins made 2-3 plays, maybe less.
If the bulls didn’t have Michael Jordan they may have lost a few. See how ridiculous that sounds?
[-] The following 3 users Like KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Cactus Jack, Hatz
(11-18-2023, 11:20 AM)AverageJoe Wrote: Twins provided with housing, cars, food, and money to lose in the third round. 

Bet some people are thinking why did we do all of that for that result.

Thankful for the live stream but seems that a lot of people on here are forgetting about the two int #2 threw, not getting in from the one yard line, and boyle d not tackling a simple sweep play.  The game was  close because of those reasons.
Out of the entire game I think the twins made 2-3 plays, maybe less.

I'm sure the twins changed offensive play calling , even if they didn't have 15 tackles each.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
Dont forget....I am sure the Corbin coach kept telling the kid to hurdle the Boyle defenders.
He doesn't hurdle at the end of the game Corbin scores a TD!!
Which would have been a 99yd TD drive and maybe win the game.
Then we would be talking about Haddix can't coach defense, Haddix made bad decision going for it.
WYMY highlights from the game.  Go to the 1:04 mark and watch #10 Avery Bodner's blocking on #0 that got Quisenberry a touchdown.  Tavy is good but the other players around him make him even better.  Boyle is more than 1 player! 

https://www.wymt.com/2023/11/18/watch-ar...r-17-2023/
What if Corbin put a team on the field with kids born raised in Corbin? Loved the town and school. Played some both ways. Played to try and win Corbin a state championship instead of talking parents and kids into coming so they would have a better chance of winning ME a state championships..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Happyhour247's post:
  • Cowboy42
(11-18-2023, 11:13 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: We are watching the literal self destruction of a man right here in this thread. This is gonna be so fun to read the next few days lol
Go put some women in handcuffs.
(11-18-2023, 11:43 AM)Happyhour247 Wrote: What if Corbin put a team on the field with kids born raised in Corbin? Loved the town and school. Played some both ways. Played to try and win Corbin a state championship instead of talking parents and kids into coming so they would have a better chance of winning ME a state championships..

What if all schools did that?
(11-18-2023, 11:06 AM)Ralph Furley Wrote:

Wonder if
A).  The NIL Twins move back to Somerset and Mark Stops (Stoops, or just Oops) makes a call to get them eligible for next week??
C).  They stay in Corbin for. 6th year of eligibility and lose to Haddix again???

Clay Clevenger getting it done will make it tougher to get kids to move an hour to Corbin.

to be honest they probably would have had a better chance at a title had they went back to somerset, but somerset is going to get drilled next week
Do you think they went to Corbin for a title?Winning a title had nothing to do with it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much longer is hating on these two kids gonna be tolerated?  We are watching two youngsters get abused.
(11-18-2023, 11:51 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:13 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: We are watching the literal self destruction of a man right here in this thread. This is gonna be so fun to read the next few days lol

not sure what this means but I’m not opposed to the ideal lol
dont forget your meds this morning. I can get them filled for you down here in Knoxville if they run out up there
(11-18-2023, 11:54 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Wonder if

How much longer is hating on these two kids gonna be tolerated?  We are watching two youngsters get abused.
How old are they?
(11-18-2023, 11:43 AM)Happyhour247 Wrote: What if Corbin put a team on the field with kids born raised in Corbin? Loved the town and school. Played some both ways. Played to try and win Corbin a state championship instead of talking parents and kids into coming so they would have a better chance of winning ME a state championships..
41 years and counting..Without the twins the hounds get this same result in Region Championship. Wondering if there is any clauses in the NIL deal about losing to Haddix? When Breathitt County beat us badly in state championship game and Haddix was the QB doing the damage on the field as a Senior I could tell in his eyes that he thouroughly enjoyed beating us and after last two years I’ve come to realize that nothing has changed as he still enjoys beating us.. At some point someone gotta make a decision to either hire Haddix back or move down to 3A and get away from Haddix so Corbin has a shot a State Championship. The BIG question is does Greer step down next week or next month? I cannot fathom another year of this is the year we get it done..fire Greer Hire Haddix and all is well in lala land…
(11-18-2023, 11:55 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

dont forget your meds this morning. I can get them filled for you down here in Knoxville if they run out up there
Those losses by Knoxville Catholic and Alcoa to Corbin teams have made you bitter. You've not had a good thing to say about Corbin in three months. Go detain some homeless guy in your fare city.
(11-18-2023, 12:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 11:55 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Those losses by Knoxville Catholic and Alcoa to Corbin teams have made you bitter. You've not had a good thing to say about Corbin in three months. Go detain some homeless guy in your fare city.

Alcoa has over 20 state titles and will win another this year. I doubt they think about the Corbin shafting they got that much.
(11-18-2023, 01:00 AM)fansville Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:20 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

The last 2 calls were incorrect the way I understand the rule.  It's not an infraction if the tackler is going low.  I won't blame the kid, it's just instinct and an official doubling down after Coach Greer let him have it after the previous one that was called.

100% the correct call on all 3 accounts, the defender has to have a body part other than one or both feet touching the ground at the time of the hurdle to be a legal. It sucks because it’s a kid just being an athlete but it is the rule that is very clear. 

With that said, there were tons of missed opportunities by Corbin and those hurdling plays alone didn’t lose the game for them any more than the bizarre play call at the end, the punter rolling right into a blocked punt, the many missed WRs or throws behind them, blah blah. This was a great game but the team as a whole, coaches included lost that game. 
I also thought Corbin looked like the better all around team but tonight they didn’t score more points and that is all that matters. Boyle had more discipline and the intangibles it takes to win big games.

Congrats Boyle Co on a big win.
From the NFHS rule book:

SECTION 22 HURDLING Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of his body except one or both feet.

What you posted is 100% correct.
(11-18-2023, 11:43 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: WYMY highlights from the game.  Go to the 1:04 mark and watch #10 Avery Bodner's blocking on #0 that got Quisenberry a touchdown.  Tavy is good but the other players around him make him even better.  Boyle is more than 1 player! 

https://www.wymt.com/2023/11/18/watch-ar...r-17-2023/
Congratulations to Boyle/Haddix on winning yet again..Can we have haddix back please? Four years is along time when your ex coach wins 3 State Championships in a row and a possible fourth in a row. Corbin loves you Haddix and we will trade Boyle a Super, a principle and a politician for one head coach…
Congratulations Boyle County on a well deserved win. Ignore what some of the people on here are saying. You are definitely the better team!!!

Wonder if

No one is “hating” on the twins. Via the stream they look like grown men vs kids. 

Everyone including yourself know it was about the money.   Stating that isn’t “hating” on them.
I'll be curious to see if they stay in school after this semester or will they enroll early in college.
#12 from Corbin seemed to me like the best player Corbin had. Everyone talks about the twins, Qb, and 15.

Anyone have the stats for this game?

(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)know1 Wrote: I'll be curious to see if they stay in school after this semester or will they enroll early in college.

Wonder if they flip to somewhere else come Dec.
(11-18-2023, 12:31 PM)rick2517 Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County on a well deserved win.  Ignore what some of the people on here are saying.  You are definitely the better team!!!
You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lol

Corbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.
Boyle likely has more transfers than Corbin. It's part of the game these days. Who cares. If a kid wants to come to your school and play, let them. It's not a business. It's kids wanting to be successful and have better opportunities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: #12 from Corbin seemed to me like the best player Corbin had. Everyone talks about the twins, Qb, and 15. 

(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)know1 Wrote: I'll be curious to see if they stay in school after this semester or will they enroll early in college.

Wonder if they flip to somewhere else come Dec.
 I wondered why he had a Alabama emblem on the towel he wore?
(11-18-2023, 12:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:31 PM)rick2517 Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County on a well deserved win.  Ignore what some of the people on here are saying.  You are definitely the better team!!!
You didn't even watch the game, did you?   lol

Corbin had the ball for what seemed like the whole game. Boyle finally got the ball into the hands of its best player and he won the game with a couple of big plays. Corbin, appeared to be the better team, according to most that I talked to. One player high-hurdled his way to a Corbin loss.

Corbin controlled the clock but had only about 20 extra yards to show for it. Oh, and 7 less points. 

My guess is that inside an echo chamber, you always get the answer you want. 

Boyle and Corbin are very even. But the scoreboard and the game give the Rebels the edge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • know1
(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: #12 from Corbin seemed to me like the best player Corbin had. Everyone talks about the twins, Qb, and 15. 

He did play a generally good game. But he was also the one who had all three hurdles costing Corbin 45 yards in penalties, so....
........And the REBELS go rolling along..........

Corbin not so much and on to track and field.
(11-18-2023, 12:35 PM)AverageJoe Wrote:

Wonder if

No one is “hating” on the twins. Via the stream they look like grown men vs kids. 

Everyone including yourself know it was about the money.   Stating that isn’t “hating” on them.

"Even if a story is true about a student athlete, it still isn't permitted to be discussed. Most often, stories are fluid and most of the time even litigious. These issues are never reported accurately, even with substantiation.

The last thing in the world anyone should do, is hinder or hurt a student athlete. "     ---Granny Bear

These kids have been portrayed on here pretty much as nothing but prostitutes.  I suspect their attorneys have already scoured the board and noted the comments. Cease and desist letters might be forthcoming .  I wouldn't continue to libel these youngsters if I were you, posters.  Do what you want but... just sayin' .
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next