Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
Final.
Congratulations Boyle County Rebs!!

WHAT A GAME!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • The Red Eminence
Congrats to Boyle! A great season for Corbin they played a heck of a game, Boyle was just a bit better.
Congratulations Boyle
Good game. Corbin was really good. Boyle was all Quisenberry.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Hatz, Iggyfan
Lol

Can’t wait to see the threads this week

Side note, I hope cov cath and PT meet at Kroger just to make it really funny this year
Corbin won the HURDLING competition, though…
[-] The following 7 users Like ROTC's post:
  • CC117, Holy Bull, Iggyfan, KnoxvillesFinest, Rebel55, Walt Longmire, With A Cause
The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.
Congrats to the Redhounds on a great season…region runner up will be a nice addition to the trophy case!!!
Who is calling the plays for the jumping red hounds? That was beyond bizarre. Must have watched the ending of the water boy one too many times!
Those hurdles cost Corbin 45 yards.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but hurdling is one of the dumbest rules I’ve ever seen in the game of football.
[-] The following 9 users Like VoR_58's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, Iggyfan, jax, KnoxvillesFinest, Old School 18, Old School Hound, rookie57, Son of the Alamo, Westside
Somebody tell Boyle to spend some money on a stadium
I predict state champions for Corbin in ‘24. In hurdling, at the state track meet, of course.
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

Honestly you can’t say that…..there were a lot of other plays that all come together to win or lose a game. Certainly it didn’t help the cause but you can point at the last first down Boyle made…where the best players a call from mark stoops could get them….why didn’t they make more plays??

On the serious side, the Corbin track coach should be talking to that kid
I told you so, but Corbin had to go.  Cornbin played better than I thought. Haddix I love you buddy, Tom you capped off a 12-1 season yet again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Cowboy42
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

Not cool. It's a team sport. Corbin had their chances. Their final fourth down call was a little odd. Boyle could have been up two scores if they kicked a field goal on their next to last possession and it's all moot anyway.

Both teams are very talented and had great years. Shame that they had to meet this early in the playoffs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cactus Jack's post:
  • Granny Bear, Holy Bull
Honestly, outside of the bizarre hurdling calls and Boyle going completely one dimensional and letting Quisenberry carry the team on his back, Corbin looked like the slightly better team.
(11-17-2023, 11:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Congrats to Boyle! A great season for Corbin they played a heck of a game, Boyle was just a bit better.
Boyle scored more but they clearly weren't better. What was the time of possession--- 40:00 to 8:00  ?
Asking for a friend should I get the for sale signs out of retirement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Cowboy42
I said before this one that Boyle had a 2-3 TD advantage( 1 for home field, 1-2 for coaching) before kickoff. The fact that Boyle scored 1 TD more than Corbin tells me the Hounds were actually the better team by 1 to 2 TDs. Better teams don't always win. If Haddix was coaching Corbin this game, the Hounds win by three or four scores. Not even close.
i would like to personally congralate corbin on once again ANOTHER region runner up. you almost hurdled another competitor. 

Better get to recruiting. maybe recruit haddix back, sounds like a good start

congratulations rebels you deserved to beat us. didn’t see any standout recruits tonight!!!
Congrats Boyle on the win and Congrats Corbin on a great season!!!
(11-17-2023, 11:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I said before this one that Boyle had a 2-3 TD advantage( 1 for home field, 1-2 for coaching) before kickoff. The fact that Boyle scored 1 TD more than Corbin tells me the Hounds were actually the better team by 1 to 2 TDs. Better teams don't always win. If Haddix was coaching Corbin this game, the Hounds win by three or four scores. Not even close.

You’re crazy, you need your meds upped. Corbin played better than expected but Boyle also left 10 pts on the board. Should have been 31-14. Justin made halftime adjustments and Tom didn’t. Unless your drinking that red cools is now , set back and wait on year 42 to come in.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Cowboy42, Hatz, Holy Bull, Jack Lambert
Anyone who watched that game and still think Boyle is the better team has a screw loose , and I know something about loose screws. Without Q, this game wouldn't have been close. Boyle was Q-dimensional.
THis is just my opinion and not even trolling or playing around like normal. Blocked punt pretty much insured the game. Corbin's QB is one of the best I've seen. Quisenberry is the best offensive player I've seen, maybe other than Wandale in the past 15 years. Corbin, in MY opinion was the better team. Corbin out coached Boyle and ran a much more diverse offense. Lastly, that doens't always matter when you have a phenom to give the ball too and say, "go win it for us", and he DID.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • know1
(11-17-2023, 11:55 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Asking for a friend should I get the for sale signs out of retirement.
i will help u put them out
(11-17-2023, 11:42 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Lol

Can’t wait to see the threads this week

Side note, I hope cov cath and PT meet at Kroger just to make it really funny this year

Cov Cath and Tilghman will be next week. 
Boyle at Franklin
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyPattern's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
(11-18-2023, 12:04 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Anyone who watched that game and still think Boyle is the better team has a screw loose ,  and I know something about loose screws.  Without Q, this game wouldn't have been close. Boyle was Q-dimensional.
twins not play tonight??
[-] The following 1 user Likes REDPUPPY's post:
  • Holy Bull
Mark Stops recruits could not save Corbin against Boyle……guess next year Corbin is going to have to get Nick Sabin to assist in their recruiting efforts…..although I guess the NIL will help too. But if they could not save Corbin against Boyle how the heck are they going to help UK in the SEC????
[-] The following 1 user Likes HenryHankHill's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(11-17-2023, 11:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I said before this one that Boyle had a 2-3 TD advantage( 1 for home field, 1-2 for coaching) before kickoff. The fact that Boyle scored 1 TD more than Corbin tells me the Hounds were actually the better team by 1 to 2 TDs.  Better teams don't always win.  If Haddix was coaching Corbin this game, the Hounds win by three or four scores. Not even close.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Corbin was at least as good as Boyle, but not that much better.

(11-18-2023, 12:05 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:04 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Anyone who watched that game and still think Boyle is the better team has a screw loose ,  and I know something about loose screws.  Without Q, this game wouldn't have been close. Boyle was Q-dimensional.
twins not play tonight??
They were non factors. Never noticed them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Hatz
  • 1(current)
  • Next