Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Corbin Redhounds
(02-02-2023, 09:55 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Frederick Douglass will be playing at Corbin on Sept. 15.
Down goes Douglass !!!!!
(02-02-2023, 02:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 09:55 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Frederick Douglass will be playing at Corbin on Sept. 15.
Down goes Douglass !!!!!

You think Corbin actually plays this game or they find a way out like they did against Bowling Green a couple years back when they backed out and scheduled Leslie?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • HighViz
(02-02-2023, 03:05 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 02:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
Down goes Douglass !!!!!

You think Corbin actually plays this game or they find a way out like they did against Bowling Green a couple years back when they backed out and scheduled Leslie?

Honestly, I don’t think they would have scheduled it, to cancel it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • HighViz
I’ve also heard Tom Greer has the Dudley hookup. Making the concession stand Tom Greer Pavilion and he will get 10% of all sales.
  • Playcaller66
(02-02-2023, 07:48 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: I’ve also heard Tom Greer has the Dudley hookup. Making the concession stand Tom Greer Pavilion and he will get 10% of all sales.

You may be on to something there.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, HighViz, Waitaminute
Corbin to play Lexington Catholic in an away game on September 1st.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Playcaller66
Simon kenton on the schedule?
(02-02-2023, 12:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Nice!

How in the world did this happen? Greer has lost what little sense he had I see… Oh well, our fans deserve to witness a beat down at home once every few years I suppose..

(02-03-2023, 09:56 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: Corbin to play Lexington Catholic in an away game on September 1st.

I like this one. Lexington Catholic away and Fredrick Douglas at home is good for our boys. Nothing wrong with losing a couple before playoffs. Builds character..
(01-11-2023, 09:19 PM)Hound05 Wrote: People can get mad if they want. Don’t really care anymore. Corbin won’t win a title. If they faced boyle again next year after what they bring in to during the off season, we’ll lose by 21 maybe more. Again, hate it for the kids, but they don’t have a coach who can win it all, regardless of talent. So now 2023 won’t be the year. Neither will 2024. Or maybe even 25. Better yet it will never be the year until the old heads who relive the 80s get out of the way and join the current century. If we couldn’t beat boyle this year with what they had. No chance next year. By all means we’ll have the talent. Just not the administration. I support the kids all the way. But I’m so tired of being unrealistic. Corbin football is like UK basketball right now. You got all the talent and tools to utilize, just not a coach who can get them there. Cal rolls the ball out there and tells them to play just as our defense goes out there in the same base set and just reads every single play. Yesr after year, nothing changes. Our offense got a little better but that was only because we weren’t playing “me” ball with the mills clan. But besides that, not much. Hell I could have passed it on boyles D in the championship but we QB sneak 3 times in a row. Hell who knows? Maybe that 4th time it would have worked, except we were 4 and 30 after the first 3. Everyone knows insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So why would we expect a different result this coming year? The coaches aren’t changing and their style and calling definitely aren’t changing. But we expect the result too? Hahahah. Not me. Not anymore. And like OSH said a month ago. We know who is to blame. But they are just sitting quietly like all is ok. The yearn for a title but like Greer, can’t change their philosophy -“Buddy system”- on how to get it. They ran the best chance we had of getting a title out 4 years ago for their buddy and his good ole boy style and philosophy.

For those of you who don’t want to read all of that, I’ll give you a condensed version.

Corbin will schedule weak teams, maybe 1 who is good but not great. They’ll go 10-0 or 9-1. They’ll give the illusion of a great team because of it. People will get fired up. Then they’ll meet a team who is just below them in talent but has a coach who will adjust and isn’t stubborn and swallows his ego, then they’ll beat us. We’ll do the same thing again, Blaming the same ole people, you can look back to see who they are, and then we’ll be right back at this point next year talking about our talent. Which is spectacular by the way. I can’t stand a liberal, but it’s time for you all to get WOKE! We can’t win with our STAFF. some of them are great guys. But I know several awesome people that suck at their job.

I’d love for someone to tell me I’m wrong.

What he said.... YES!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • Playcaller66
(02-01-2023, 07:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Was an almost North Laurel matchup I heard but if didn’t work out.

I’m hearing we were supposed to play North at North mid season like game 5 due to our field not being completed in time for home game. Now I’m hearing we don’t wanna play North at North because our field will be completed earlier than originally thought and now I hear we don’t wanna play North at North but we will play North at home instead. Lmao.. The very game the tri county area has been waiting on and was almost a done deal gets stopped because of trying to change it to home game. Chicken shit move if this went down the way I’m hearing it. Give the Corbin and North Laurel fans what they want Tommy. Take the hounds to the jungle and play football. If nothing else play at the University of the Cumberlands for a neutral field advantage..It’s a shame really that we will never know who the best team is this season between North Laurel and Corbin. These are two of the best classes that each school has had come thru the system in a long time. Put them out on the field together and let’s showcase these players because it would be the wymt game of the week with a ton of college coaches on hand to witness this battle. Let’s go Greer make it happen..
Tommy need to go away.... far, far away. Take Cox with him.

Forty years and counting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
I've heard Pikeville and Corbin may be scheduling a regular season game for the upcoming season. Hope it works out, last year's game was awesome from a fan's perspective.
(02-03-2023, 11:18 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 07:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Was an almost North Laurel matchup I heard but if didn’t work out.

I’m hearing we were supposed to play North at North mid season like game 5 due to our field not being completed in time for home game. Now I’m hearing we don’t wanna play North at North because our field will be completed earlier than originally thought and now I hear we don’t wanna play North at North but we will play North at home instead. Lmao.. The very game the tri county area has been waiting on and was almost a done deal gets stopped because of trying to change it to home game. Chicken shit move if this went down the way I’m hearing it. Give the Corbin and North Laurel fans what they want Tommy. Take the hounds to the jungle and play football. If nothing else play at the University of the Cumberlands for a neutral field advantage..It’s a shame really that we will never know who the best team is this season between North Laurel and Corbin. These are two of the best classes that each school has had come thru the system in a long time. Put them out on the field together and let’s showcase these players because it would be the wymt game of the week with a ton of college coaches on hand to witness this battle. Let’s go Greer make it happen..
That sounds like the same thing I heard.
(02-03-2023, 05:47 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: I've heard Pikeville and Corbin may be scheduling a regular season game for the upcoming season.  Hope it works out, last year's game was awesome from a fan's perspective.

Yep, I thought it was a good game to watch. Definately need to see more of these type games. I liked it when Corbin played Beechwood as well and Mayfield. Those were some good games.
(02-06-2023, 08:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 05:47 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: I've heard Pikeville and Corbin may be scheduling a regular season game for the upcoming season.  Hope it works out, last year's game was awesome from a fan's perspective.

Yep, I thought it was a good game to watch. Definately need to see more of these type games. I liked it when Corbin played Beechwood as well and Mayfield. Those were some good games.

GREAT games but absolute RPI killers.  Same for Pikeville. Those are not only teams you risk losing to but if you beat them you are not rewarded very well in RPI because of playing down in class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-06-2023, 10:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

GREAT games but absolute RPI killers.  Same for Pikeville. Those are not only teams you risk losing to but if you beat them you are not rewarded very well in RPI because of playing down in class.

You get two games to play down in RPI and it doesn’t count against you.
(02-07-2023, 12:03 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Fill me in, I’m not understanding?

I agree with you on that! I like the Frederick Douglass game being added and I would have liked to seen North Laurel on the schedule with them being a 5A school. I think if I was scheduling, I’d be getting as many 5A and 6A schools as I could.
(02-07-2023, 12:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

The Board approved the recommendation for football RPI calculations to allow for two “down-play” games. This will permit each team’s first two games played against an opponent from a lower class not to include the class factor, allowing even the perception of RPI impact not to impact scheduling.”
  • Bull got out!
(02-07-2023, 01:02 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 12:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 08:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Yep, I thought it was a good game to watch. Definately need to see more of these type games. I liked it when Corbin played Beechwood as well and Mayfield. Those were some good games.

The Board approved the recommendation for football RPI calculations to allow for two “down-play” games. This will permit each team’s first two games played against an opponent from a lower class not to include the class factor, allowing even the perception of RPI impact not to impact scheduling.”

Good deal!
  • Waitaminute
(02-03-2023, 11:18 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

I like the idea of playing at the Cumberlands, would add to the big game environment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Playcaller66
Has the Corbin schedule been finalized yet? I see the LC and FD games mentioned here and potential with Pikeville. I saw where Boyle released their schedule. Just wondering what the Hounds will be doing next year? I'd love to see the Pulaski County game remain.
(02-08-2023, 04:46 PM)Corbin Wrote: Has the Corbin schedule been finalized yet? I see the LC and FD games mentioned here and potential with Pikeville. I saw where Boyle released their schedule. Just wondering what the Hounds will be doing next year? I'd love to see the Pulaski County game remain.

I think we need to add Southwestern and Bowling Green to our schedule. Like to see a much tougher regular season schedule than we’ve had in past three seasons..
(02-08-2023, 11:43 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 04:46 PM)Corbin Wrote: Has the Corbin schedule been finalized yet? I see the LC and FD games mentioned here and potential with Pikeville. I saw where Boyle released their schedule. Just wondering what the Hounds will be doing next year? I'd love to see the Pulaski County game remain.

I think we need to add Southwestern and Bowling Green to our schedule. Like to see a much tougher regular season schedule than we’ve had in past three seasons..

I would alternate two year contracts with PC and SW. Both being pretty good 5A schools would help RPI. Last year Simon Kenton surprised and really helped the RPI. District SHOULD be a cake walk every year so I've got no problem beefing up the non conference schedule.
I like the Lexington Catholic game added to the schedule.
(02-09-2023, 11:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like the Lexington Catholic game added to the schedule.

Here’s a schedule that the Hounds should be playing: 1. Bowling Green ( Home-Pigskin), 2. Pulaski (away), 3. Beechwood (away), 4. Southwestern (home), 5. North Laurel (away). 6. Whitley (away), 7. Lexington Catholic (Home). 8. Letcher Central (away), 9. Perry Central (home). 10. Fredrick Douglas (home). In my opinion when we start scheduling like Champions then we’re on course to be Champions. Can’t play a weak A** schedule in regular season and expect to beat a Boyle County that schedules the top teams in regular season. If powers to be will put together a schedule like I’ve laid out here then get ready to battle. Plus when we lose the big one no one can say because we played weak schedule. Just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!
I fully agree with you 100% on the schedule.
  • Playcaller66
(02-09-2023, 01:23 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 11:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like the Lexington Catholic game added to the schedule.

Here’s a schedule that the Hounds should be playing: 1. Bowling Green ( Home-Pigskin), 2. Pulaski (away), 3. Beechwood (away), 4. Southwestern (home), 5. North Laurel (away). 6. Whitley (away), 7. Lexington Catholic (Home). 8. Letcher Central (away), 9. Perry Central (home). 10. Fredrick Douglas (home). In my opinion when we start scheduling like Champions then we’re on course to be Champions. Can’t play a weak A** schedule in regular season and expect to beat a Boyle County that schedules the top teams in regular season. If powers to be will put together a schedule like I’ve laid out here then get ready to battle. Plus when we lose the big one no one can say because we played weak schedule. Just my opinion.

The only problem with your logic here is that your saying that we’re still playing to win championships when we’re not…Wins matter not championships just for your fund of knowledge going forward…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Playcaller66, Van Hagar
(02-09-2023, 10:55 AM)Corbin Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 11:43 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

I would alternate two year contracts with PC and SW. Both being pretty good 5A schools would help RPI. Last year Simon Kenton surprised and really helped the RPI. District SHOULD be a cake walk every year so I've got no problem beefing up the non conference schedule.

Pulaski is on the schedule for 2023.
(02-09-2023, 04:20 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 01:23 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

The only problem with your logic here is that your saying that we’re still playing to win championships when we’re not…Wins matter not championships just for your fund of knowledge going forward…
Hypothetically speaking then, do you think my schedule is worthy of an A- for effort? Lol