Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 Corbin Redhounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Corbin brings back a majority of a team that made it to Kroger Field in 2022. Played a very good game against Boyle County in the Finals. Rumor’s quickly circulated after the game of possible coaching changes on the horizon. Transfers is always a hot topic this time of year and no doubt Corbin is in the mix to possibly pick up a player or two. I have heard some of the rumors myself and if any of the rumors comes into reality, Corbin fans could be in for a treat. I’ll go ahead and make an early prediction, Corbin is a title contender for 2023. Will 2023 be the year? 

What’s your thoughts?
I don't see why Corbin and Boyle won't be back in a rematch...EXCEPT...Johnson Central will have kids that hit that magical sophomore to junior year of crazy growth in strength and speed. Johnson Central I am pretty sure had a stud sophomore group, at least some skill guys. JC can never be counted out of this. But if Boyle gets everyone I think they will be getting, in my opinion and with ZERO intended disrespect, then it's just a matter of who will be 2nd place.
People can get mad if they want. Don’t really care anymore. Corbin won’t win a title. If they faced boyle again next year after what they bring in to during the off season, we’ll lose by 21 maybe more. Again, hate it for the kids, but they don’t have a coach who can win it all, regardless of talent. So now 2023 won’t be the year. Neither will 2024. Or maybe even 25. Better yet it will never be the year until the old heads who relive the 80s get out of the way and join the current century. If we couldn’t beat boyle this year with what they had. No chance next year. By all means we’ll have the talent. Just not the administration. I support the kids all the way. But I’m so tired of being unrealistic. Corbin football is like UK basketball right now. You got all the talent and tools to utilize, just not a coach who can get them there. Cal rolls the ball out there and tells them to play just as our defense goes out there in the same base set and just reads every single play. Yesr after year, nothing changes. Our offense got a little better but that was only because we weren’t playing “me” ball with the mills clan. But besides that, not much. Hell I could have passed it on boyles D in the championship but we QB sneak 3 times in a row. Hell who knows? Maybe that 4th time it would have worked, except we were 4 and 30 after the first 3. Everyone knows insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So why would we expect a different result this coming year? The coaches aren’t changing and their style and calling definitely aren’t changing. But we expect the result too? Hahahah. Not me. Not anymore. And like OSH said a month ago. We know who is to blame. But they are just sitting quietly like all is ok. The yearn for a title but like Greer, can’t change their philosophy -“Buddy system”- on how to get it. They ran the best chance we had of getting a title out 4 years ago for their buddy and his good ole boy style and philosophy.

For those of you who don’t want to read all of that, I’ll give you a condensed version.

Corbin will schedule weak teams, maybe 1 who is good but not great. They’ll go 10-0 or 9-1. They’ll give the illusion of a great team because of it. People will get fired up. Then they’ll meet a team who is just below them in talent but has a coach who will adjust and isn’t stubborn and swallows his ego, then they’ll beat us. We’ll do the same thing again, Blaming the same ole people, you can look back to see who they are, and then we’ll be right back at this point next year talking about our talent. Which is spectacular by the way. I can’t stand a liberal, but it’s time for you all to get WOKE! We can’t win with our STAFF. some of them are great guys. But I know several awesome people that suck at their job.

I’d love for someone to tell me I’m wrong.
I agree Hound! Only thing I’d add to the story is that the Hounds make theirselves feel better by blaming the coaches wives for yelling curse words. When the same coaches wives did the same thing 4 years ago. PAR for the course here!

The school board isn’t changing anything either. They voted to extend the contract. Cox is comfortable now. I am excited about the new plans for the field. Tommy is getting everything Haddix wanted, fieldhouse too. And he can’t do anything with it. Maybe since him and Haddix are so close, such great friends that love each other he is just building all that for him once he moves up to Superintendent in a couple years. Ha Ha.

To condense my statement down, everything I just said was Bulls**t. Except me agreeing with Hound.

Also, may I add. I was one of the maybe 2 that thought what happened 3 1/2 years ago was going to come back to haunt our town.
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin brings back a majority of a team that made it to Kroger Field in 2022.

That definitely does not look to be the case going by the official starting lineup/depth chart at the state championship game.

Out of 22 starting spots on Offense & Defense, Corbin had 11 filled by seniors. That means they only return half of their starting lineup, 5 of which are O/D lineman.

I have no doubt with a roster of their size they will reload but that is a lot of shoes to fill.
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin brings back a majority of a team that made it to Kroger Field in 2022. Played a very good game against Boyle County in the Finals. Rumor’s quickly circulated after the game of possible coaching changes on the horizon. Transfers is always a hot topic this time of year and no doubt Corbin is in the mix to possibly pick up a player or two. I have heard some of the rumors myself and if any of the rumors comes into reality, Corbin fans could be in for a treat. I’ll go ahead and make an early prediction, Corbin is a title contender for 2023. Will 2023 be the year? 

What’s your thoughts?
When’s Campbell field set to be finished?
(01-12-2023, 12:13 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin brings back a majority of a team that made it to Kroger Field in 2022. Played a very good game against Boyle County in the Finals. Rumor’s quickly circulated after the game of possible coaching changes on the horizon. Transfers is always a hot topic this time of year and no doubt Corbin is in the mix to possibly pick up a player or two. I have heard some of the rumors myself and if any of the rumors comes into reality, Corbin fans could be in for a treat. I’ll go ahead and make an early prediction, Corbin is a title contender for 2023. Will 2023 be the year? 

What’s your thoughts?
When’s Campbell field set to be finished?
^ Hearing a lot of hands are in the cookie jar right now. May take another 9 million for the finishing touched!! Street talk
(01-11-2023, 09:19 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]People can get mad if they want. Don’t really care anymore. Corbin won’t win a title. If they faced boyle again next year after what they bring in to during the off season, we’ll lose by 21 maybe more. Again, hate it for the kids, but they don’t have a coach who can win it all, regardless of talent. So now 2023 won’t be the year. Neither will 2024. Or maybe even 25. Better yet it will never be the year until the old heads who relive the 80s get out of the way and join the current century. If we couldn’t beat boyle this year with what they had. No chance next year. By all means we’ll have the talent. Just not the administration. I support the kids all the way. But I’m so tired of being unrealistic. Corbin football is like UK basketball right now. You got all the talent and tools to utilize, just not a coach who can get them there. Cal rolls the ball out there and tells them to play just as our defense goes out there in the same base set and just reads every single play. Yesr after year, nothing changes. Our offense got a little better but that was only because we weren’t playing “me” ball with the mills clan. But besides that, not much. Hell I could have passed it on boyles D in the championship but we QB sneak 3 times in a row. Hell who knows? Maybe that 4th time it would have worked, except we were 4 and 30 after the first 3. Everyone knows insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So why would we expect a different result this coming year? The coaches aren’t changing and their style and calling definitely aren’t changing. But we expect the result too? Hahahah. Not me. Not anymore. And like OSH said a month ago. We know who is to blame. But they are just sitting quietly like all is ok. The yearn for a title but like Greer, can’t change their philosophy -“Buddy system”- on how to get it. They ran the best chance we had of getting a title out 4 years ago for their buddy and his good ole boy style and philosophy.

For those of you who don’t want to read all of that, I’ll give you a condensed version.

Corbin will schedule weak teams, maybe 1 who is good but not great. They’ll go 10-0 or 9-1. They’ll give the illusion of a great team because of it. People will get fired up. Then they’ll meet a team who is just below them in talent but has a coach who will adjust and isn’t stubborn and swallows his ego, then they’ll beat us. We’ll do the same thing again, Blaming the same ole people, you can look back to see who they are, and then we’ll be right back at this point next year talking about our talent. Which is spectacular by the way. I can’t stand a liberal, but it’s time for you all to get WOKE! We can’t win with our STAFF. some of them are great guys. But I know several awesome people that suck at their job.

This pretty much encapsulates my feelings. Corbin will have another sparkling regular season, beating mostly mediocre teams and going undefeated or maybe losing once. They will coast in the first two playoff rounds but fall short in one of the later rounds. They won't win a title as long as the current coach and administration stays the same. It may be another three or four decades before Corbin tastes a state championship. I'm not confident they will win another one in my lifetime.

There are too many people with their noses in Corbin football that don't know sh!t from apple butter about what it takes to win championships. They ran off the one guy who could have won multiple titles. They care more about perpetuating their good ol' boy system than they do about winning. In Corbin, they take care of their good ol' boys, even at the expense of the program. I hate it for the kids but the drought will continue, thanks to the clueless incompetence of narcissistic school administrators. That's the bottom line .
The details surrounding Greer's hire seem to be pretty well know. The same people who hired Greer will make the next hire also. I think I've made this point before. After several coaches applied for the Corbin job and it was made known that it was Greer's no matter what, why would you apply for the Corbin job? Why make your current team's fans and your administration doubt your commitment to them when the result is predetermined? I'm sure coach James has shared his experience applying for the Corbin job with a whole lot of coaches.

My prediction is after the end of the upcoming season Greer will retire. The job will be given to his OC Coach Elam who will coach a couple of seasons and then decide that instead of coaching he wants to spend his time watching his kid play college sports. Meanwhile Haddix runs out of fingers to wear rings on.
(01-12-2023, 10:36 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]The details surrounding Greer's hire seem to be pretty well know. The same people who hired Greer will make the next hire also. I think I've made this point before. After several coaches applied for the Corbin job and it was made known that it was Greer's no matter what, why would you apply for the Corbin job? Why make your current team's fans and your administration doubt your commitment to them when the result is predetermined? I'm sure coach James has shared his experience applying for the Corbin job with a whole lot of coaches.

My prediction is after the end of the upcoming season Greer will retire. The job will be given to his OC Coach Elam who will coach a couple of seasons and then decide that instead of coaching he wants to spend his time watching his kid play college sports. Meanwhile Haddix runs out of fingers to wear rings on.

Pretty much...

But I'm not even sure Greer even coaches this season.  You would think that Corbin would be a prime landing spot for most any HS coach. But it's not. It's tainted meat. It's fool's gold. It's the Land of Misfit Toys. It's Peyton Place.
Will Corbin and Pikeville be playing again this year?
I sure hope so, I feel like that’s a solid game for both parties involved, even though Corbin will win a majority of the games.
(01-12-2023, 12:40 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Will Corbin and Pikeville be playing again this year?
I sure hope so, I feel like that’s a solid game for both parties involved, even though Corbin will win a majority of the games.

I've heard Pikeville is traveling back to Corbin for the bowl game, but will be playing Pulaski County in the first game this year.
That’s a great matchup as well. Thanks B19
(01-11-2023, 09:19 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]People can get mad if they want. Don’t really care anymore. Corbin won’t win a title. If they faced boyle again next year after what they bring in to during the off season, we’ll lose by 21 maybe more. Again, hate it for the kids, but they don’t have a coach who can win it all, regardless of talent. So now 2023 won’t be the year. Neither will 2024. Or maybe even 25. Better yet it will never be the year until the old heads who relive the 80s get out of the way and join the current century. If we couldn’t beat boyle this year with what they had. No chance next year. By all means we’ll have the talent. Just not the administration. I support the kids all the way. But I’m so tired of being unrealistic. Corbin football is like UK basketball right now. You got all the talent and tools to utilize, just not a coach who can get them there. Cal rolls the ball out there and tells them to play just as our defense goes out there in the same base set and just reads every single play. Yesr after year, nothing changes. Our offense got a little better but that was only because we weren’t playing “me” ball with the mills clan. But besides that, not much. Hell I could have passed it on boyles D in the championship but we QB sneak 3 times in a row. Hell who knows? Maybe that 4th time it would have worked, except we were 4 and 30 after the first 3. Everyone knows insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So why would we expect a different result this coming year? The coaches aren’t changing and their style and calling definitely aren’t changing. But we expect the result too? Hahahah. Not me. Not anymore. And like OSH said a month ago. We know who is to blame. But they are just sitting quietly like all is ok. The yearn for a title but like Greer, can’t change their philosophy -“Buddy system”- on how to get it. They ran the best chance we had of getting a title out 4 years ago for their buddy and his good ole boy style and philosophy.

I think you're wrong if you're implying Boyle had less talent. I think Boyle had better talent, but you guys hung in there and almost won. I know, for a fact, Boyle had the 2 best kids on the field.
(01-12-2023, 06:58 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think you're wrong if you're implying Boyle had less talent. I think Boyle had better talent, but you guys hung in there and almost won. I know, for a fact, Boyle had the 2 best kids on the field.
Go ahead and say it smoke, Boyle had the best Coach also……Come on saying!!!!!!!

Here’s the thing, the current coaching staff has been trying to perpetuate an agenda that it’s not about a championship, it’s about just winning games / the overall record, what color your socks are, and whether Coach got to pray with you at the end of practice, after spending the whole practice cursing at you.  The current staff doesn’t have the temperament for the trade, it showed when we kept punting on 4th and 1 and the bone headed QB power calls in the closing minutes of the game….Our middle school program is now afflicted with the same nonsense, 7th grade kids being played based upon who they are instead of what they can do…. Haddix is the one who brought the program back and had us on the verge of championships and believing that we could win, we’re now back to the ones running things not caring as long as they control the narratives…The contract that Cox got over the summer means nothing the board can still meet and tell him to kick rocks, Tommy to but they won’t….
(01-12-2023, 12:40 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Will Corbin and Pikeville be playing again this year?

No they won't.
(01-13-2023, 05:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

No they won't.

I hate to say this but if the Pikeville /Corbin game had been played on neutral field Pikeville Wins, Had the Pulaski game been played on neutral field then Pulaski Wins. People wonder why no one wants to come to Corbin and play. SMDH… All about wins and record NOT CHAMPIONSHIPS..what’s status of Campbell Field?
(01-15-2023, 12:00 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

No they won't.

I hate to say this but if the Pikeville /Corbin game had been played on neutral field Pikeville Wins, Had the Pulaski game been played on neutral field then Pulaski Wins. People wonder why no one wants to come to Corbin and play. SMDH… All about wins and record NOT CHAMPIONSHIPS..what’s status of Campbell Field?
I went last year and it was one of the best games in the state all year. But what I saw was 2 teams somewhat experimenting. Corbin I think started with Combs at QB and would switch out, both QBs played awesome, one a slightly better passer, one a slightly better runner. Meanwhile Pikeville was doing the same thing with their smaller but faster QB and then the big strong armed kid. It was very cool watching the teams try to figure out what was best and still playing a crazy competitive game. In my opinion, Pikeville would have given Boyle all they wanted if those 2 had played as well.
(01-15-2023, 12:00 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

No they won't.

I agree, if Pikeville/Corbin would have been at Pikeville late in the year Pikeville would have won by 2 or 3 touchdowns.
Pikeville wouldn’t have won anything but 1A and wouldn’t have beat any teams that played in the state championships.
(01-16-2023, 03:36 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville wouldn’t have won anything but 1A and wouldn’t have beat any teams that played in the state championships.

LOL
(01-16-2023, 03:36 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville wouldn’t have won anything but 1A and wouldn’t have beat any teams that played in the state championships.

Pikeville would have won 2A this year. May have been competitive between them and Beechwood before Berger got hurt but I still think Pikeville was the better team. Don't think they would have been able to beat any of the 3A-6A champions though.
(01-16-2023, 09:41 AM)Shogun Wrote: [ -> ]

Pikeville would have won 2A this year. May have been competitive between them and Beechwood before Berger got hurt but I still think Pikeville was the better team. Don't think they would have been able to beat any of the 3A-6A champions though.
I saw Beechwood play twice and watched Pikeville in the finals and I agree.  Pikeville was more dynamic, was stronger, and had better players across the board.  Had that game been played I think Pikeville would have won by 2-3 scores.
^^^^ Pikeville had a great 1A team, but Corbin would have won 10 out of 10 games in 2022 against Pikeville. Go Panthers, Lol!!!
Jett will be wanting to bet big sacks of money on that 64SUR!
Was an almost North Laurel matchup I heard but if didn’t work out.
(01-16-2023, 02:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Jett will be wanting to bet big sacks of money on that 64SUR!

Haha you are right Bull! If they would have played late in the year at Pikeville, 64 would have had one less huge sack of money. Plus he would have needed a ride back home and would have had to pawn that crack pipe he's smoking. hehe
Frederick Douglass will be playing at Corbin on Sept. 15.
(02-02-2023, 09:55 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Frederick Douglass will be playing at Corbin on Sept. 15.

Nice!
Pages: 1 2 3 4