Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 Corbin Redhounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-17-2023, 07:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2023, 06:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2023, 02:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 09:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 03:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]10% to 20% - The Hounds will need upset wins over Johnson Central and Boyle County to win the title. Transfers could change the odds.

Maybe one. It is doubtful that Haddix would have benefitted from as many key transfers at Corbin as he has at Boyle. Given the same players, Haddix would have made Corbin more competitive but I think some Corbin fans overestimate Haddix's ability. He has benefitted as much from his location as Boyle County has benefitted from his presence. Boyle County was well coached before Haddix and they will be well coached when he leaves.

Why would it be considered a upset if Corbin beats Johnson Central?

It's those damn voices in his head again.  Smile
I listen to the voices in my head and I cause myself to get tickled sometimes lol.  Smile

I think we all hear voices at times.  lol   I don't know how anyone could say whether Corbin or JC would be favored at this point. Both will have solid teams.

Bull, will Corbin's early round opponents likely be different from years past?  Will Boyle likely be in an earlier round than before ? JC still in round 3 ?   I know there was some reshuffling of districts. I don't pay much attention to that but was wondering how the reshuffling would affect playoff opponents.  Thanks, in advance.
You have Boyle, Corbin, Cov Cath., and Johnson Central. All should be district champions.   According to the RPI at the end of the season 4 plays @1 while 3 plays @2 in the 3rd. round.
(03-10-2023, 03:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 02:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]What probability are we giving the Hounds to break their 41 year State title drought?  10% ,  20%  ,  >20%

How many trophies would Corbin have if Haddix had been allowed to remain in Corbin?
10% to 20% - The Hounds will need upset wins over Johnson Central and Boyle County to win the title. Transfers could change the odds.

Maybe one. It is doubtful that Haddix would have benefitted from as many key transfers at Corbin as he has at Boyle. Given the same players, Haddix would have made Corbin more competitive but I think some Corbin fans overestimate Haddix's ability. He has benefitted as much from his location as Boyle County has benefitted from his presence. Boyle County was well coached before Haddix and they will be well coached when he leaves.

Because Johnson Central outgained Corbin in last year's playoff game behind an inexperienced offensive line and they return nearly all of their line from that team, in addition, to their top two running backs (McCoart and Conley, who missed most of last season with an injury) and a sophomore running back (Logan Music) who would have started as a freshman at that position for most teams in Kentucky last season. Corbin has a lot of talent returning but if Johnson Central enters the playoffs healthy, it is going to take a lot of points to take them down, IMO.

There is a full regular season to be played, and the schedules have not even been finalized, but if the RPI does not send JC to Corbin again this season, I expect JC to be favored over Corbin. JC should have a very good shot at an undefeated regular season but out-of-state teams on the schedule could send them on the road again if Corbin also finishes undefeated.

I am not overlooking the possibility of losses to Ashland, Covington Catholic, or Ironton before a hypothetical match-up between JC and Corbin would take place. I was just stating why I think that Corbin's chances of winning a title are only 10 to 20 percent. There is plenty of competition for a spot opposite of Boyle County. If Boyle County has a 50 percent chance of repeating, that doesn't leave a lot of odds to split among the field.
Corbins offense will be tuff. I’ll have to see their defense in person to make real predictions. But knowing that Elams first year at QB led Corbin over JC tells me he can do it again. I watched it in person and was impressed with Johnson Centrals play. It will be a dog fight either way.
(03-10-2023, 02:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]What probability are we giving the Hounds to break their 41 year State title drought?  10% ,  20%  ,  >20%

How many trophies would Corbin have if Haddix had been allowed to remain in Corbin?
10% to 20% - The Hounds will need upset wins over Johnson Central and Boyle County to win the title. Transfers could change the odds.

I listen to the voices in my head and I cause myself to get tickled sometimes lol.  Smile
4 out of 5 voices in my head say go to sleep.
(03-17-2023, 02:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I need to sell all you sports fans one of my newly printed cook books. I tried to contact the marketing director Granny Bear to help me, but her inbox is full Smile

Do I get a family discount?  I'm related to the Jones' . I'm sure you are as well. lol

Do you know we are kin to Wah Wah ? At least that's what my granny told me.

(03-17-2023, 07:49 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 09:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Why would it be considered a upset if Corbin beats Johnson Central?

I think we all hear voices at times.  lol   I don't know how anyone could say whether Corbin or JC would be favored at this point. Both will have solid teams.

Bull, will Corbin's early round opponents likely be different from years past?  Will Boyle likely be in an earlier round than before ? JC still in round 3 ?   I know there was some reshuffling of districts. I don't pay much attention to that but was wondering how the reshuffling would affect playoff opponents.  Thanks, in advance.
You have Boyle, Corbin, Cov Cath., and Johnson Central. All should be district champions.   According to the RPI at the end of the season 4 plays @1 while 3 plays @2 in the 3rd. round.
Gotcha. Thank you so much.
So the regular season will be huge for Corbin, Johnson Central, Boyle and Covington Catholic. A loss or two in the regular season can send two of these teams on the road in the 3rd round of the playoffs. So there might be for the first time a Boyle/Corbin in the 3rd round or even a Boyle/Johnson Central matchup as well in the 3rd round. But If I had to bet right now blind folded, I'll predict early that Corbin vs JC round 4 at Corbin and Boyle vs Covington Catholic round 3 in Boyle County. My voices in my head are telling me that I'll be there in person watching LOL no matter whos playing where with these matchups.....
(03-17-2023, 07:54 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Because Johnson Central outgained Corbin in last year's playoff game behind an inexperienced offensive line and they return nearly all of their line from that team, in addition, to their top two running backs (McCoart and Conley, who missed most of last season with an injury) and a sophomore running back (Logan Music) who would have started as a freshman at that position for most teams in Kentucky last season. Corbin has a lot of talent returning but if Johnson Central enters the playoffs healthy, it is going to take a lot of points to take them down, IMO.

There is a full regular season to be played, and the schedules have not even been finalized, but if the RPI does not send JC to Corbin again this season, I expect JC to be favored over Corbin. JC should have a very good shot at an undefeated regular season but out-of-state teams on the schedule could send them on the road again if Corbin also finishes undefeated.

I am not overlooking the possibility of losses to Ashland, Covington Catholic, or Ironton before a hypothetical match-up between JC and Corbin would take place. I was just stating why I think that Corbin's chances of winning a title are only 10 to 20 percent. There is plenty of competition for a spot opposite of Boyle County. If Boyle County has a 50 percent chance of repeating, that doesn't leave a lot of odds to split among the field.

If they are good enough to beat Corbin, I don't see Ashland beating them.
(02-17-2023, 10:43 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2023, 06:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Guy Bailey Somerset Running Back now a Redhound.

Did we need a RunningBack? Serious question, I thought we had a stable of good Runningbacks. Zander Curry, Jonah Mahan and Cole Stevens are three really good backs. We bring our backs up through TCSA and CMS to high school just so we can bring in other RB’s from other programs that we didn’t develop at the high school varsity level. At this point we can bring in three RB’s and we still ain’t beating Boyle County as long as Haddix is still at Boyle instead of our sideline. Btw, I’m not knocking the transfer kid as I’m sure he’s a great player, however in my opinion give the kids the opportunity to be that RB that you currently have on roster before trying to fill position with someone else from different district and school. Like to see our local kids get these positions as they deserve it. Just my opinion..
Did Haddix put a voodoo spell on some of you guys or what?
(03-18-2023, 02:07 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 10:43 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2023, 06:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Guy Bailey Somerset Running Back now a Redhound.

Did we need a RunningBack? Serious question, I thought we had a stable of good Runningbacks. Zander Curry, Jonah Mahan and Cole Stevens are three really good backs. We bring our backs up through TCSA and CMS to high school just so we can bring in other RB’s from other programs that we didn’t develop at the high school varsity level. At this point we can bring in three RB’s and we still ain’t beating Boyle County as long as Haddix is still at Boyle instead of our sideline. Btw, I’m not knocking the transfer kid as I’m sure he’s a great player, however in my opinion give the kids the opportunity to be that RB that you currently have on roster before trying to fill position with someone else from different district and school. Like to see our local kids get these positions as they deserve it. Just my opinion..
Did Haddix put a voodoo spell on some of you guys or what?

Couldn't blame him if he did.
(02-02-2023, 08:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2023, 07:48 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve also heard Tom Greer has the Dudley hookup. Making the concession stand Tom Greer Pavilion and he will get 10% of all sales.

You may be on to something there.
Sounds like Bull Got Out had ole Greer figured out!!

I wouldn’t call a team with 12 games under there belt inexperienced at the 13th game of a season at a program like Johnson Central. McCoart had a heck of a game in the matchup. Looked healthy to me. Johnson Central did gain more yardage rushing in that game but it only produced 2 rushing touchdowns. I still don’t see how that equates to an upset if Corbin wins this year. Both teams were building off heavy graduations.
(03-17-2023, 09:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2023, 02:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I need to sell all you sports fans one of my newly printed cook books. I tried to contact the marketing director Granny Bear to help me, but her inbox is full Smile

Do I get a family discount?  I'm related to the Jones' . I'm sure you are as well. lol

Do you know we are kin to Wah Wah ? At least that's what my granny told me.

(03-17-2023, 07:49 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2023, 02:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]It's those damn voices in his head again.  Smile

Gotcha. Thank you so much.

I always wondered if I'm related to wah wah.
(03-20-2023, 11:25 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn’t call a team with 12 games under there belt inexperienced at the 13th game of a season at a program like Johnson Central. McCoart had a heck of a game in the matchup. Looked healthy to me. Johnson Central did gain more yardage rushing in that game but it only produced 2 rushing touchdowns. I still don’t see how that equates to an upset if Corbin wins this year. Both teams were building off heavy graduations.

I think probably the team that hosts the matchup(if it happens) will be the favorite.

McCoart was healthy against Corbin. Conley was leading JC in rushing yardage when he was injured on his first carry against North Laurel and missed most of the season. I never said that Johnson Central would be big favorites over Corbin. The game could go either way - but I think Corbin's graduation losses will hurt them more than JC's will. Somebody asked what everybody thought of Corbin's chances of winning the title. I don't think that their chances are as good as they were last season because the road to the finals will be tougher for them. JC should be improved and Boyle will probably be better as well.
(03-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 03:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]10% to 20% - The Hounds will need upset wins over Johnson Central and Boyle County to win the title. Transfers could change the odds.

McCoart was healthy against Corbin. Conley was leading JC in rushing yardage when he was injured on his first carry against North Laurel and missed most of the season. I never said that Johnson Central would be big favorites over Corbin. The game could go either way - but I think Corbin's graduation losses will hurt them more than JC's will. Somebody asked what everybody thought of Corbin's chances of winning the title. I don't think that their chances are as good as they were last season because the road to the finals will be tougher for them. JC should be improved and Boyle will probably be better as well.

I'll agree with you on that statement. Johnson Central will be twice better come playoffs this season.
Caldwell who transferred to North laurel to play basketball is on the move again. Got word he is transferring to corbin to play football. This kid is a stud and already has offers from kentucky, tennessee, west Virginia, virginia tech to name a few
(03-31-2023, 07:05 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell who transferred to North laurel to play basketball is on the move again. Got word he is transferring to corbin to play football. This kid is a stud and already has offers from kentucky, tennessee, west Virginia,  virginia tech to name a few

Another soft player with a big ego is probably just what Corbin needs culture wise.
(03-31-2023, 07:05 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell who transferred to North laurel to play basketball is on the move again. Got word he is transferring to corbin to play football. This kid is a stud and already has offers from kentucky, tennessee, west Virginia,  virginia tech to name a few
Are you talking about Gavin Chadwell?
(03-31-2023, 10:06 AM)GoDeepDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
Are you talking about Gavin Chadwell?

That Gavin would be playing football for Corbin in 2023 is the least shocking news in the history of news. I predicted , during the BB season , that he'd be a Redhound in '23.
I saw him at IGA in London yesterday. I should've asked him if he was coming to Corbin. I honestly don't see him as a major prospect despite the offers. He was a big athletic kid for his age when they came through. He's not really improved to be a SEC level player but he can still be a very good high school player for the Hounds. I certainly wouldn't turn him away.

In all seriousness, without saying it’s the Corbin pride and tradition, why would this kid leave North Laurel to play football or basketball at Corbin. I honest to goodness can’t think of a single benefit to him as a player that would come close to outweighing the negative of transferring again.
(03-31-2023, 02:30 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]

In all seriousness, without saying it’s the Corbin pride and tradition, why would this kid leave North Laurel to play football or basketball at Corbin. I honest to goodness can’t think of a single benefit to him as a player that would come close to outweighing the negative of transferring again.

Two TE sets with  EP and GC along with those already potent offensive weapons would be something that not even Freddy D could stop. If he wants to resume his football career and have a shot at playing at Kroger Field , Gavin knows it's not happening in North London. Head south, young man.
(03-31-2023, 02:30 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]

To have a chance at winning a state title.
Gavin is a smart young man. If he wants to play football, and maybe SEC football, it'd be nice to play in front of a lot of important people at Kroger Field in December. North London is not gonna get him to Lexington. Also, if he wants to make another trip to Rupp, he could do so with Coach P's Redhounds next March, who will be co-favorites(maybe favorites with Chadwell) to get to Rupp.

Why transfer? A chance to perform at Kroger in December and Rupp in March . Neither of those things are happening in North London.
(04-01-2023, 12:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Gavin is a smart young man. If he wants to play football, and maybe SEC football, it'd be nice to play in front of a lot of important people at Kroger Field in December. North London is not gonna get him to Lexington.  Also, if he wants to make another trip to Rupp, he could do so with Coach P's Redhounds next March, who will be co-favorites(maybe favorites with Chadwell) to get to Rupp.

Why transfer?  A chance to perform at Kroger in December and Rupp in March . Neither of those things are happening in North London.

I’ll be very surprised if either of those things happen at any school in the tricounty area next season. I think Corbin missed their chance to win at Kroger these past 2 seasons. Boyle will be better and Corbin will have big shoes to fill. I guess time will tell if they can do it though.
If any kid wanted to transfer for the sole reason of a championship then they should probably head to Boyle Co, Pikeville or one of a few Louisville schools, just my .02
Pages: 1 2 3 4