Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
Is this senior class the one that won state in 8th grade. I think they beat Boyle if I'm thinking right.
(11-14-2022, 01:59 AM)True pioneer Wrote: Is this senior class the one that won state in 8th grade. I think they beat Boyle if I'm thinking right.

I think that's right but Hound5 would probably know more certain than I do.
(11-14-2022, 01:59 AM)True pioneer Wrote: Is this senior class the one that won state in 8th grade. I think they beat Boyle if I'm thinking right.
I keep 2nd guessing myself on it. This class either won the 7th grade which didn’t have divisions and lost in the 8th grade division to boyle which had kaden moorman then

or

they won the 8th grade 9-0 because of the efforts of J baker kicking 3 field goals.

Sgt slaughter would definitely know. We’ll have to wait til he sees it.
Ok so….

2017 7th Grade Corbin *
2017 8th Grade Division 3 Lexington Christian Academy
2017 8th Grade Division 2 Corbin *
2017 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County
2018 7th Grade Caudill Middle
2018 8th Grade Division 3 Somerset Meece
2018 8th Grade Division 2 Boyle County
2018 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County

*Corbin was the first Middle school to win both 7th and 8th grade titles in the same season

#North Pulaski was the first middle school to win 6th, 7th, and 8th grade titles in the same season
This class won 7th grade state,beat Tennessee state champ Maryville at Maryville and lost in 8th grade semis to Boyle.
(11-14-2022, 01:58 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 12:59 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You didn't watch the LCC game very closely. LCC's defensive line did not hold JC scoring down, their offense cut into the number of JC possessions and JC's special teams allowed a couple of big plays. JC rushed for over 370 yards in the game. You can look at that game and hope that it showed weaknesses that Corbin can exploit, just as I can look at the Simon Kenton game and hope that is an indication of how Corbin's defense will play against a good running attack. I am sure that both teams learned from those experiences.

Crone and Simon Kenton put up big numbers against Woodford County. We all know how weak The Yellow Jackets are. You're an imposter pretending to know about football.
More insults. Are you capable of anything else? Apparently not. Corbin played very poorly against Simon Kenton and were lucky to escape with a win. Any team that gives up over 500 yards and gains about half as much offensively would be lucky to come out with a win. Teams have bad games. Good teams learn from them and move on.
You insult yourself. Johnson Central played poorly against a mediocre Letcher team. I'm waiting for you to stop contradicting yourself.
The only thing I heard after reading that was sponge bobs squidwards in that French accent, “20 hours later.”

LOL! Who lives in a pineapple at the bottom of the sea? Sponge Bob Square Ponnnnnttttttsssssss
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-14-2022, 02:38 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
I keep 2nd guessing myself on it. This class either won the 7th grade which didn’t have divisions and lost in the 8th grade division to boyle which had kaden moorman then

or

they won the 8th grade 9-0 because of the efforts of J baker kicking 3 field goals.

Boyle beat Corbin 53-14 (I think) in the semifinals in 2018. All I remember about that game is Moorman with 40-50-60 yard runs. Unstoppable.

http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthr...tid=243401
(11-14-2022, 01:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread will be 10,000 views or more by Friday. Already  a lot of revealing information in day one of the thread.  Sarge, Dougie, and Hound teaming up on Hoot like Andy Kaufman ,  Jim Cornette, and Jimmy Hart  teamed up on Lawler in Memphis back in the day.

I think Gibson is frustrated that his prime years are behind him. His pass rush is nonexistent, his red wave petered out,  his semen has turned to sawdust and , unlike the three dudes mentioned above , he can no longer get penetration into the backfield, if you know what I mean.  lol

Anyway, he still  believes in his team, even after their soft schedule and losing to a sorry North Laurel team and almost losing to poor Letcher Central. I guess his loyalty is admirable.  Can't fault him for sticking up for his 22nd ranked team(Massey) / #7 4A team( RPI).  I bet he stays good and warm  in his Steelcase Leap office chair  back in VA while we are freezing our azzes off  at Campbell Field in 20 degree weather.  Smile

Honestly, I look for a good game. Unlike Hoot,  I believe JC will need to have some sustained drives and try to limit Corbin to maybe three possessions per half.  Hoot says that they average 7+ yards per play. Well, they will be starting at the 20 yard line each drive, so my math tells me that it will take at least 12 plays to reach the endzone. You're looking at six minutes , at least, for such a drive. Two such drives and Corbin will only get two, maybe three possessions per half. That's what the Eagles will need to do because Corbin WILL move the ball and probably in big chunks. 

Everyone knows what Central will do. Let's see if the braintrust on the sidelines for the Hounds will have a competent plan to stop the Ground & Pound this year.  They've again had months to prepare for this Friday night's game, which they knew full well was likely coming.  Last season JC hit Corbin in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded in kind. Pikeville did the same to this season's Hounds with two early scores. The Hounds hit back this season and dominated the next two and a half quarters.  I feel like this season's team will respond well to some early adversity, if it occurs.  Last season's Hounds had just as much talent but were not nearly as good of a TEAM.

I can't wait until Friday!!!!
This right here is what’s gonna determine the game! Coaching!! Now if they can’t figure out by now that 5-2 defense isn’t gonna work, then we don’t deserve to beat them. Every team that’s beat them or even had a close game didn’t put 7 men in the box! Pretty sure north ran what looked like 4-5. Ironton 4-4. LCC 4-4. STACK THE FRIGGIN’ BOX.  They pack it in on offense. Majority of the time numbers are gonna succeed. You can’t have 7 going against 9 or 10. I don’t get paid the big bucks but if I did, 4-4 and I’d have them stunt, blitz, etc to keep JCs line guessing. Contain the outside and you’ll beat JC this year. Last year, different story, a little more to it because they had a heck of a line. Offense, don’t get fancy. Do what you’ve done all year. No one’s stopped it yet. OL plays like they have been and then take it to the next level and get to the secondary and block them. That’s the difference between a first down and TD. Defense, swarm, wraps up and hold on, and don’t do like last year when they thought someone was gonna make the tackle they’d just stop. Put the freaking kill shot on ‘em.

Exactly. Get out of the nickel and dime against a team that doesn't even throw the ball and bring the linebackers up to crash the party.
Oh they ran a 5-2 last year. But think about it. We had 7 in the box, going against 5 OL 2 Blocking RBs sometimes 3. Numbers are gonna win just about every time. Especially when you give up gap control
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’m gonna go with what Jet said there’s no use in petty name calling and insults from anyone on here, some have been on here for to long for it to result to this…
Want to welcome Johnson Central back to Corbin yet again hopefully it’s an injury free yet entertaining game. As always if I can be of any assistance on here with directions or dining advice don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM…..Hoot I tried to PM you but as always your box is full lol, I’m looking forward to seeing if this coaching staff can change things up this year on both sides of the ball, JC isn’t shy about that they’re trying to do but your gonna have to stop them….

(11-14-2022, 11:25 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Oh they ran a 5-2 last year. But think about it. We had 7 in the box, going against 5 OL 2 Blocking RBs sometimes 3. Numbers are gonna win just about every time. Especially when you give up gap control

I didn’t think we ever came out of the 4 down lineman set
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Diogenes, Gold River, Waitaminute

or

This class of seniors won 7th. Lost to Boyle in semi 8th grade yr

(11-14-2022, 12:31 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 11:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread will be 10,000 views or more by Friday. Already  a lot of revealing information in day one of the thread.  Sarge, Dougie, and Hound teaming up on Hoot like Andy Kaufman ,  Jim Cornette, and Jimmy Hart  teamed up on Lawler in Memphis back in the day.

I think Gibson is frustrated that his prime years are behind him. His pass rush is nonexistent, his red wave petered out,  his semen has turned to sawdust and , unlike the three dudes mentioned above , he can no longer get penetration into the backfield, if you know what I mean.  lol

Anyway, he still  believes in his team, even after their soft schedule and losing to a sorry North Laurel team and almost losing to poor Letcher Central. I guess his loyalty is admirable.  Can't fault him for sticking up for his 22nd ranked team(Massey) / #7 4A team( RPI).  I bet he stays good and warm  in his Steelcase Leap office chair  back in VA while we are freezing our azzes off  at Campbell Field in 20 degree weather.  Smile

Honestly, I look for a good game. Unlike Hoot,  I believe JC will need to have some sustained drives and try to limit Corbin to maybe three possessions per half.  Hoot says that they average 7+ yards per play. Well, they will be starting at the 20 yard line each drive, so my math tells me that it will take at least 12 plays to reach the endzone. You're looking at six minutes , at least, for such a drive. Two such drives and Corbin will only get two, maybe three possessions per half. That's what the Eagles will need to do because Corbin WILL move the ball and probably in big chunks. 

Everyone knows what Central will do. Let's see if the braintrust on the sidelines for the Hounds will have a competent plan to stop the Ground & Pound this year.  They've again had months to prepare for this Friday night's game, which they knew full well was likely coming.  Last season JC hit Corbin in the mouth early and the Hounds never responded in kind. Pikeville did the same to this season's Hounds with two early scores. The Hounds hit back this season and dominated the next two and a half quarters.  I feel like this season's team will respond well to some early adversity, if it occurs.  Last season's Hounds had just as much talent but were not nearly as good of a TEAM.

I can't wait until Friday!!!!
Vintage OSH. You have a difficult time avoiding personal attacks. It's one of your character flaws. If Corbin limits JC to 7 yards/carry, then that will be a big improvement over last year's game, but 7 yards/carry would be enough to give JC an excellent chance of winning.

Tongue in cheek, Hoot. You still don't get it. Laugh once or twice. It will relieve some of the stress in your life.  If it makes you feel better, my weiner has seen less action than Will Smith's acting career since the Grammy's. 
I expect a good game Friday.  If you will make the trip down here I will pay for your meal to a restaurant of your choice. Anything on the menu is yours. It's the best I can do.

(11-14-2022, 12:31 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Only way JC has a chance is if they can control the TOP and force a few Corbin turnovers.

Corbin wins, 28-14.

BINGO !!! Winner, winner!!!!
Now that’s a good one. Lol
(11-14-2022, 01:24 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m gonna go with what Jet said there’s no use in petty name calling and insults from anyone on here, some have been on here for to long for it to result to this…
Want to welcome Johnson Central back to Corbin yet again hopefully it’s an injury free yet entertaining game.  As always if I can be of any assistance on here with directions or dining advice don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM…..Hoot I tried to PM you but as always your box is full lol, I’m looking forward to seeing if this coaching staff can change things up this year on both sides of the ball, JC isn’t shy about that they’re trying to do but your gonna have to stop them….

(11-14-2022, 11:25 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Oh they ran a 5-2 last year. But think about it. We had 7 in the box, going against 5 OL 2 Blocking RBs sometimes 3. Numbers are gonna win just about every time. Especially when you give up gap control

I didn’t think we ever came out of the 4 down lineman set

Very well said.
We’ll have a different look and approach this year. Hopefully it works out lol. These boys want it. They’re playing for a purpose this yr. Last yr they was handled , this yr this group will kill for one another. Should be a great game. If it comes down to Special teams play , well we all know how that’ll play out. Lol
yes. This class of seniors won 8th grade state championship.

(11-14-2022, 10:07 AM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: This class won 7th grade state,beat Tennessee state champ Maryville at Maryville and lost in 8th grade semis to Boyle.
This senior class won 8th grade state championship.  Lost in semis 7th grade.
(11-14-2022, 02:03 PM)Bulldogfan70 Wrote: yes. This class of seniors won 8th grade state championship.

(11-14-2022, 10:07 AM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: This class won 7th grade state,beat Tennessee state champ Maryville at Maryville and lost in 8th grade semis to Boyle.
No, won 7th. Lost to Boyle in semis 8th. My son was on that team. And is a senior.

or

Corbin's Sr. class this year did not win State while in the 8th. grade.  Boyle won with Mooreman and Ziesmer.  Last years Sr. class was the team that won 8th. grade State over Boyle (Jackson Smith hit a 54 yard fieldgoal now at UK).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hound05
(11-12-2022, 03:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: Dang I forgot to  my posts my prediction. Redhounds going to make up for the last 2yrs.

Corbin 56
Johnson Central 00
Going to change my prediction to. Not sure if Corbin can hold them to a goose egg. Lol

Corbin 38
Johnson Central 14
(11-14-2022, 05:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 02:03 PM)Bulldogfan70 Wrote: yes. This class of seniors won 8th grade state championship.

No, won 7th. Lost to Boyle in semis 8th. My son was on that team. And is a senior.
Sarg is right. You can look it up on the kymsaa site. And I’m remembering it now.
(11-14-2022, 06:33 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 03:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: Dang I forgot to  my posts my prediction. Redhounds going to make up for the last 2yrs.

Corbin 56
Johnson Central 00
Going to change my prediction to. Not sure if Corbin can hold them to a goose egg. Lol

Corbin 38
Johnson Central 14

I just got off the phone and was asked about my prediction so here it is. 

Corbin 35
Johnson 14 because Johnson Central will try to run out the clock with time management.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Colonelfan72, Sgt Slaughter
Corbin is 8-0 vs top 7000 teams
Johnson Central is 4-2
Woah Can you rank all 7000 teams…Lol.
I got a question for JC fans. How many times has JC been in the 3rd Round straight. When is the last time JC wasn’t in the 3rd Round?
I'm sitting here in my comfortable University of the Cumberlands desk chair that I gave $3 for, thinking about smoking some hind end.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(11-14-2022, 06:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Sarg is right. You can look it up on the kymsaa site. And I’m remembering it now.
My bad. Thought you were talking about JC. They won 8th grade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogfan70's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-14-2022, 08:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Woah Can you rank all 7000 teams…Lol.
KSR would be more accurate
(11-14-2022, 08:26 PM)Bulldogfan70 Wrote:

Did JC win that year as well.
(11-14-2022, 08:42 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 08:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Woah Can you rank all 7000 teams…Lol.
KSR would be more accurate

Smile
(11-14-2022, 08:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 08:26 PM)Bulldogfan70 Wrote:

Did JC win that year as well.
Yes. This JC senior class won 8th grade championship.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogfan70's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-14-2022, 08:21 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'm sitting here in my comfortable University of the Cumberlands desk chair that I gave $3 for, thinking about smoking some hind end.
My daughter plus soccer for them. Lol.

(11-14-2022, 10:22 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:

or

Boyle beat Corbin 53-14 (I think) in the semifinals in 2018. All I remember about that game is Moorman with 40-50-60 yard runs. Unstoppable.

http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthr...tid=243401
He was definitely a man among boys. Our boys couldn’t stop him
(11-14-2022, 05:46 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

or

Corbin's Sr. class this year did not win State while in the 8th. grade.  Boyle won with Mooreman and Ziesmer.  Last years Sr. class was the team that won 8th. grade State over Boyle (Jackson Smith hit a 54 yard fieldgoal now at UK).
In all sincerity why the heck isn’t he playing. Our special teams are awful. He can do better than what’s starting now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next