•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Looking at Film. Corbin/JC Game 11/19
(12-22-2021, 01:47 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 12:46 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: Then chemistry of the coaching staff was worse than the chemistry of the team.  Everyone appears to have had their own agenda.  Fights in practice, coaches promoting certain kids, etc.  The Buck has to stop somewhere and it should have been with the head Coach.  Ouch!!!! but it appears that it wasn’t the case.
Lot of truth in your statement. A toxic coach with an agenda infected an entire program. The buck should have stopped with the head coach, but he allowed a personal friendship get in the way. Elam is getting a lot of grief here, but at least he didn't promote his kid.
Yes Elam did promote his son at every opportunity. Only Freshman on team that played QB, Kick Return, Receiver and held the ball for Baker ( kicker ). Lots of kids more deserving. Little Elam is definitely gonna be a stud at QB but with Combs coming back next season his Senior year, just not sure how you play him over Combs. Just my opinion.
(12-22-2021, 07:27 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 01:47 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 12:46 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: Then chemistry of the coaching staff was worse than the chemistry of the team.  Everyone appears to have had their own agenda.  Fights in practice, coaches promoting certain kids, etc.  The Buck has to stop somewhere and it should have been with the head Coach.  Ouch!!!! but it appears that it wasn’t the case.
Lot of truth in your statement. A toxic coach with an agenda infected an entire program. The buck should have stopped with the head coach, but he allowed a personal friendship get in the way. Elam is getting a lot of grief here, but at least he didn't promote his kid.
Yes Elam did promote his son at every opportunity. Only Freshman on team that played QB, Kick Return, Receiver and held the ball for Baker ( kicker ). Lots of kids more deserving. Little Elam is definitely gonna be a stud at QB but with Combs coming back next season his Senior year, just not sure how you play him over Combs. Just my opinion.

he may not have promoted his kid the way other coaches did but in many people’s eyes he did his best to marginalize Comb’s ability through play calling. I can only assume that was to make the case to switch QBs next year. Also a lot of people suspected the play calling in the beginning was to try to hurt Combs, heck he was leading the team in carries with stud RBs barely touching the ball until he did get hurt. Little Elam will no doubt be a great QB one day but I see no scenario where he starts over Combs (4yr starter) next season absent some serious daddy ball. I say that because despite terrible play calling Combs still had a very productive season and protected the football, only 1 interception the entire season if I’m not mistaken. Any O.C. With half a brain (absent some agenda) would call plays to put the ball in the hands of any one of the multiple WRs who will be playing at the next level and we’re a threat to score on every play. That didn’t happen for some strange reason and this coaching staff collectively is one of the worst I’ve seen in my 30+yrs of watching HS football.
I’m still trying to figure out why Longmire didn’t go to Boyle with Haddix 2 years ago.
(12-11-2021, 10:25 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 10:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I agree. Corbin is a very good program and I fully understand why kids and parents want to be a part of it. The football program is only lacking the right coaches to fit such a program. I just think the vision that currently is there isn't the right fit for Corbin. After seeing it first hand. Of course a outsider would have no understanding of such.

Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and Ronnie Milsap would have better vision for the program than the current crop that is in charge there now.

I watched a 16 page presentation of a coach interviewing for a coaching job.  I have to say my socks were knocked off when I seen the effort, planning, and detail of this PowerPoint presentation.  The other candidate interviewing showed up with a page torn out of a notebook for the job, had some handwritten notes scribbled upon the pages.  He refused to be the other candidates assistant so the administration, not the committee hired the guy with a notebook paper resume, that left out half of his coaching career.  Those that know the situation know what I am talking about, if anyone has any doubts about the hire you can ask me questions.  Needless to say all but three kids on a roster suffered, they were bullied by adults, and were not allowed to be leaders of a team they paved the way for. Players 12-0, coach 0-1.  To boot, he had an assistant who shouldn’t have been allowed within 50 yards of the sideline because he wasn’t coaching just observing and having his son inserted into red zone touches.
As a colonel fan I can’t have too much say but this year I kept up with Corbin a little more with whitley being so down and I liked this team Corbin had to be truthful. But if I’m not mistaken Boss Daddy you have definitely switched sides more than once on who you like and such… seems when you go from loving a coach or player one week to blaming the whole season on them the next they’re not the real problem… go out there next year and win it for whichever team you’ll be rooting for since you know the secret formula to how easy it is to win a state championship
(12-23-2021, 05:06 PM)colonelfan944 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I agree. Corbin is a very good program and I fully understand why kids and parents want to be a part of it. The football program is only lacking the right coaches to fit such a program. I just think the vision that currently is there isn't the right fit for Corbin. After seeing it first hand. Of course a outsider would have no understanding of such.

Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and Ronnie Milsap would have better vision for the program than the current crop that is in charge there now.

I watched a 16 page presentation of a coach interviewing for a coaching job.  I have to say my socks were knocked off when I seen the effort, planning, and detail of this PowerPoint presentation.  The other candidate interviewing showed up with a page torn out of a notebook for the job, had some handwritten notes scribbled upon the pages.  He refused to be the other candidates assistant so the administration, not the committee hired the guy with a notebook paper resume, that left out half of his coaching career.  Those that know the situation know what I am talking about, if anyone has any doubts about the hire you can ask me questions.  Needless to say all but three kids on a roster suffered, they were bullied by adults, and were not allowed to be leaders of a team they paved the way for. Players 12-0, coach 0-1.  To boot, he had an assistant who shouldn’t have been allowed within 50 yards of the sideline because he wasn’t coaching just observing and having his son inserted into red zone touches.
As a colonel fan I can’t have too much say but this year I kept up with Corbin a little more with whitley being so down and I liked this team Corbin had to be truthful. But if I’m not mistaken Boss Daddy you have definitely switched sides more than once on who you like and such… seems when you go from loving a coach or player one week to blaming the whole season on them the next they’re not the real problem… go out there next year and win it for whichever team you’ll be rooting for since you know the secret formula to how easy it is to win a state championship

I am pretty sure you are bad mistaken. He hasnt waivered one time about what he has stated and said about Corbin and issues at hand. I would like for you to show a post where he has waivered?  As far as the secret forumla, its not rocket science for a coach to watch film and make a adjustment to try to stop a team and use your D1 talent all over the field. Id say alot of coaches would have loved to had some of the talent that Corbin wasted this past season. There was championships won with less talent, I will say that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
(12-24-2021, 06:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I am pretty sure you are bad mistaken. He hasnt waivered one time about what he has stated and said about Corbin and issues at hand. I would like for you to show a post where he has waivered?  As far as the secret forumla, its not rocket science for a coach to watch film and make a adjustment to try to stop a team and use your D1 talent all over the field. Id say alot of coaches would have loved to had some of the talent that Corbin wasted this past season. There was championships won with less talent, I will say that.
I’ve not read where boss daddy has waivered at all.
Would like to see Combs transfer to Boyle and finish his high school career with Haddix, get to Kroger field, and play for a championship.
(12-28-2021, 02:15 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: Would like to see Combs transfer to Boyle and finish his high school career with Haddix,  get to Kroger field, and play for a championship.

Sad part is, at Corbin he is mainly a running QB. I remember when Combs was a freshman under Haddix and the last game of the year, he had a performance like no other almost making a comeback against Wayne County in the District Championship. That was the last time I saw him throwing like a machine. If I had Combs as my QB, I would control the game with his arm and running abilities. Our offense was just out of sink honestly. Run was our primary offense and we went away from that against Johnson Central. I hate thinking about it really.
Ya'll had a chance to get the right coach that knows how to beat JC and has done it on the largest stage more than once but Corbin administration wouldn't cough of the money.
I haven’t read any of this thread, but I just couldn’t believe how long it’s been going. Haha
Smile
(12-28-2021, 05:08 PM)Future Wrote: Ya'll had a chance to get the right coach that knows how to beat JC and has done it on the largest stage more than once but Corbin administration wouldn't cough of the money.

We had the Coach that knows how to beat JC and ran him off…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, HOFER
(12-28-2021, 02:15 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: Would like to see Combs transfer to Boyle and finish his high school career with Haddix,  get to Kroger field, and play for a championship.
If Combs leaves then it will be a mass exodus of all Corbins key skill players. Six kids are all just waiting to see what coaching changes are gonna happen.
(12-28-2021, 08:34 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
If Combs leaves then it will be a mass exodus of all Corbins key skill players. Six kids are all just waiting to see what coaching changes are gonna happen.

Hmmmm.........
There's more than six I can tell you that
(12-28-2021, 09:18 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: There's more than six I can tell you that
I’m hearing that many goes to KC if Buckner gets the head coaching job.
Hmmmmmm…..
(12-24-2021, 06:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Absolutely lot less talent..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-28-2021, 02:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Sad part is, at Corbin he is mainly a running QB. I remember when Combs was a freshman under Haddix and the last game of the year, he had a performance like no other almost making a comeback against Wayne County in the District Championship. That was the last time I saw him throwing like a machine. If I had Combs as my QB, I would control the game with his arm and running abilities. Our offense was just out of sink honestly. Run was our primary offense and we went away from that against Johnson Central. I hate thinking about it really.
Yep, feel your pain. I really like Cam's game , and his baseball skills are top notch. Boyle needs a Qb and he would fill that nicely.
[-] The following 2 users Like rebels1984's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz

YOU have my number CALL ME. We will take care of anything that needs taken care of. I will make the time for you, your on a special list of people that I will talk to sooner than later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-29-2021, 02:15 PM)rebels1984 Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 02:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Yep, feel your pain. I really like Cam's game , and his baseball skills are top notch. Boyle needs a Qb and he would fill that nicely.

Whitley County needs another good baseball player Smile
Who won championships with a lot less talent?
(12-30-2021, 01:26 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Who won championships with a lot less talent?

Come sit with me over some coffee and I’ll tell you all about it.
Anybody who knows anything has been saying corbin screwed up bad the second it was announced that Hadix was leaving and I'm pretty sure bossdaddy was one of those from the beginning. And I dont think money had anything to do with James not coming to take the head coach job. He would have taken it if he had been offered from I've been told. He wanted it and had a great interview, had done his homework and had a binder with a gameplan. Money wasnt a factor. He supposedly didnt have the "intangibles" that Greer had. I'm still trying to figure out what those intangibles are.

Is seth Huff getting another year of eligibility?
[-] The following 2 users Like HOFER's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
I would be interested to know what those “intangibles” are as well. James has done more with a lesser program at Franklin than Greer has with all the Talent and resources at Corbin. ( head to head Greer is 1-0 but I’d have loved to see them play in a November rematch) I’ve talked to someone on the infamous hiring committee and seen the
“ gameplan” that James presented and it’s unbelievably impressive and detailed.
(12-30-2021, 09:30 PM)HOFER Wrote: Anybody who knows anything has been saying corbin screwed up bad the second it was announced that Hadix was leaving and I'm pretty sure bossdaddy was one of those from the beginning. And I dont think money had anything to do with James not coming to take the head coach job. He would have taken it if he had been offered from I've been told. He wanted it and had a great interview, had done his homework and had a binder with a gameplan. Money wasnt a factor.  He supposedly didnt have the "intangibles" that Greer had. I'm still trying to figure out what those intangibles are.

Is seth Huff getting another year of eligibility?

I think we all know what those "intangibles" are(being a Corbin homeboy).  And they are some sh!tty intangibles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, HOFER
I have said it as well from the first time I heard it. I knew the day would come sooner or later. I hate to call our fellow Corbin Homers out but not many were with me. A bunch of ya believed it was best! Haddix was too easy, No discipline, No defense, can’t win the big game.

Here it is, Haddix has won 2 championships at Boyle and you still talk about it a month after the season is over. His 2 years there he had 2 defensive coordinators one was a first year coordinator, his teams were disciplined. He has a good relationship with the kids. Now what do we have here? All the pieces to the puzzle are even gonna be spread farther apart. Kids are gonna go north and south. I don’t blame them one bit. The adults in the decision making area are the cause. What a shame. Wrap it up, thanks to the big shots. Thanks to the homers. We got Tommy, we got the Guy that pulled his pants down at Bell , and a great Offensive Coordinator. You should be beaming with pride!
[-] The following 2 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
(12-31-2021, 04:07 AM)HighViz Wrote: I have said it as well from the first time I heard it.  I knew the day would come sooner or later.  I hate to call our fellow Corbin Homers out but not many were with me.  A bunch of ya believed it was best!  Haddix was too easy, No discipline, No defense, can’t win the big game. 

Here it is, Haddix has won 2 championships at Boyle and you still talk about it a month after the season is over. His 2 years there he had 2 defensive coordinators one was a first year coordinator, his teams were disciplined. He has a good relationship with the kids.  Now what do we have here? All the pieces to the puzzle are even gonna be spread farther apart. Kids are gonna go north and south.  I don’t blame them one bit. The adults in the decision making area are the cause.    What a shame. Wrap it up, thanks to the big shots. Thanks to the homers.  We got Tommy, we got the Guy that pulled his pants down at Bell , and a great Offensive Coordinator.  You should be beaming with pride!

You have been 100% correct in your post. I was blind but now I see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • HighViz
(12-31-2021, 04:07 AM)HighViz Wrote: I have said it as well from the first time I heard it.  I knew the day would come sooner or later.  I hate to call our fellow Corbin Homers out but not many were with me.  A bunch of ya believed it was best!  Haddix was too easy, No discipline, No defense, can’t win the big game. 

Here it is, Haddix has won 2 championships at Boyle and you still talk about it a month after the season is over. His 2 years there he had 2 defensive coordinators one was a first year coordinator, his teams were disciplined. He has a good relationship with the kids.  Now what do we have here? All the pieces to the puzzle are even gonna be spread farther apart. Kids are gonna go north and south.  I don’t blame them one bit. The adults in the decision making area are the cause.    What a shame. Wrap it up, thanks to the big shots. Thanks to the homers.  We got Tommy, we got the Guy that pulled his pants down at Bell , and a great Offensive Coordinator.  You should be beaming with pride!

Will they play Pants On The Ground when he runs onto the field at North Laurel? lol
(12-31-2021, 01:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Will they play Pants On The Ground when he runs onto the field at North Laurel? lol
Pulled his pants down at Bell? And who’s the great Offensive Coordinator? Can’t be Elam as he went 62-83 in 13 seasons at pineville and 0-11 at Union Before Corbin hired him.

(12-31-2021, 02:56 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 01:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Pulled his pants down at Bell? And who’s the great Offensive Coordinator? Can’t be Elam as he went 62-83 in 13 seasons at pineville and 0-11 at Union Before Corbin hired him.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next