Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled)
Unfortunately I'm afraid Covid is going to cancel a lot of games all over the Commonwealth again this season though I really hope I'm wrong. I feel for the kids of all the teams, I just hope the coaches can get as many games in as possible. Hopefully things will start to get back to normal sooner rather than later.
^ 100%. If it keeps going like it is currently, everyone will be in lockdown.
Looking very bad

https://twitter.com/DougPow55893295/stat...8368674816
(08-27-2021, 10:41 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: ^ 100%.  If it keeps going like it is currently, everyone will be in lockdown.
I won't.
Well, I won’t neither. I’m “essential” but it will go back to like it was in 2020.
Any luck for Pikeville?
(08-28-2021, 01:50 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Any luck for Pikeville?
Nope. No game in the ‘ville tonight.
Disappointed. Heartbroken for our seniors. When you play football at Pikeville, the Pike County Bowl is probably the best atmosphere in which you will play. Most of the seniors/juniors didn’t see much of the field in 2018 or 2019 and now have not had a Pike County Bowl experience for two years. Very disappointed that schools who certainly did not HAVE to play, chose not to help provide that experience for student athletes on both sides of the ball.

Pikeville made trips to 6A Campbell County, a short notice trip to 6A Henry Clay, and a one day’s notice trip to LCA to give them a home game last year, all in the name of giving student athletes the opportunity to play the game they love and provide experiences to get better. All of this was absent any type of compensation package for PHS. Once again, no one was obligated to come on short notice, but it would have been great had someone stepped up to the plate and helped continue a great tradition.

This will be a “gut-check” test for Pike High. Players and staff will have to find a way to be resilient, bounce back, and keep driving forward in a season with unlimited uncertainty. Have to find a way to stay mentally engaged.
[-] The following 7 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • Footballfan98, Gus McCrae, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever, pjdoug, Spud6
Any hope of getting a game the next two weeks??
(08-28-2021, 01:59 PM)Footballfan98 Wrote: Any hope of getting a game the next two weeks??
Considering the number of chickensh*t teams who backed out of a chance to play in the PCB, I’d say not. And if any of the ones who said no this time come groveling hat in hand for a game the next two weeks, I hope Mac says no and picks one that didn’t say no (because they had a game) should they lose one last minute like Pikeville did. Shame Pikeville kids and staff try to do everything the right way and this happened.
[-] The following 3 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Footballfan98, Gus McCrae, jetpilot
What was the reason these teams were giving to not come and play? Were they wanting Pikeville to go to their place? Logistics? Not enough time to prepare? What was it?
Guy last night said Somerset's BoE wouldn't approve it because of Pike County's Covid numbers.
(08-28-2021, 02:36 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Guy last night said Somerset's BoE wouldn't approve it because of Pike County's Covid numbers.
Then no one should have played anywhere. Every county in Kentucky in the red on the Covid map. Not saying your not telling the truth but their rational makes no sense.
[-] The following 2 users Like Truewords's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
I would not want to be within 100 miles of any adult who would choose for his team to sit at the house and not play rather than take part in an awesome event like the Pike County Bowl. It's pitiful. I'm glad the adults in charge at PHS and PES have the opposite mentality. Has a huge impact on the kids too. Much respect for Paintsville agreeing to play the first week to try to get more games in. Total disrespect for teams that could have played tonight but didn't.

Oh yeah, I can't find any info on who Somerset, CAL and Clark County are playing tonight. LOL.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever
(08-28-2021, 02:36 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Guy last night said Somerset's BoE wouldn't approve it because of Pike County's Covid numbers.
Pitiful if true.
PCB—come for the money and free pizza. Stay for the viral shit show.

Have boosters considered hanging pork chops around their necks, lol?

Want some normalcy? Get vaccinated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gitback Coach's post:
  • VHSL-helper
(08-28-2021, 01:17 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Disappointed. Heartbroken for our seniors. When you play football at Pikeville, the Pike County Bowl is probably the best atmosphere in which you will play. Most of the seniors/juniors didn’t see much of the field in 2018 or 2019 and now have not had a Pike County Bowl experience for two years. Very disappointed that schools who certainly did not HAVE to play, chose not to help provide that experience for student athletes on both sides of the ball.

Pikeville made trips to 6A Campbell County, a short notice trip to 6A Henry Clay, and a one day’s notice trip to LCA to give them a home game last year, all in the name of giving student athletes the opportunity to play the game they love and provide experiences to get better. All of this was absent any type of compensation package for PHS. Once again, no one was obligated to come on short notice, but it would have been great had someone stepped up to the plate and helped continue a great tradition.

This will be a “gut-check” test for Pike High. Players and staff will have to find a way to be resilient, bounce back, and keep driving forward  in a season with unlimited uncertainty. Have to find a way to stay mentally engaged.
 Very well said. One thing i believe to be very true. If the young men on this football team can work through this and find resolve, then they will be so much the better for it. No, it doesn't take away the disappointment and heartbreak now, but character and strength are manifested when we are determined to work through life's setbacks such as this. Truly believe better days lie ahead for PHS football. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Footballfan98, Gus McCrae, jetpilot
(08-28-2021, 03:09 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: PCB—come for the money and free pizza. Stay for the viral shit show.

Idiotic
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY, pjdoug
(08-28-2021, 03:09 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: PCB—come for the money and free pizza. Stay for the viral shit show.

Ok I am vaccinated but I can still get it and spread it so really the vaccine is no more than a treatment so if I do contact it maybe won’t be so server on me. So your answer is actually incorrect.

They Covid numbers are up in pike county is their excuse. Well actually we didn’t want them to play in the county we just wanted a game. Surely that could have tested the staff and players and refs. They county people would have been way away from them. Then keep a section between the fan bases so they wouldn’t have came in contact with any people. Or personally I would have stayed away and listen to the game to let these kids play. I sure most fans would so the kids can have their football experience. It’s looking like football season this year is gone.

Sorry that post was meant for someone else sorry about that
https://twitter.com/sports_MtM/status/14...3546385414

https://twitter.com/DavidandDarryl/statu...8037558272
(08-28-2021, 02:32 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: What was the reason these teams were giving to not come and play? Were they wanting Pikeville to go to their place? Logistics? Not enough time to prepare? What was it?

"Hey, coach, I know your boys were told 'no game this week' back on Tuesday,
but do you think you could... 
go ahead and change that "PPD" to a "CCD", 
get approval from whoever for a 3-hour-long, out-of-state bus ride tomorrow, 
find all the boys and tell them, 
then get back to me by lunch?
That would be great. Thanks"

(08-28-2021, 01:59 PM)Footballfan98 Wrote: Considering the number of chickensh*t teams who backed out of a chance to play in the PCB, ...

might want to reconsider that..

that last part shoulda been PHSForever - can't edit it,
What makes this even worse is Pikeville picked up 2-3 games with 24 hours notice last year just to let the kids play and I mean 6A schools and LCA. I guess the only chance we have of getting these kids games is hope Louisville Male or St. X gets canceled on. This RPI stuff is killin the really good football schools in 1A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Gus McCrae
I’m pretty sure Raceland will need a game one out of the next two weeks cause I don’t see West Carter playing in two weeks. So you guys might get a call from us for a game ….we ain’t scared haha
Maybe Somerset BOE should look in the mirror if true..

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • Gus McCrae
I'm not a school system guy, but if I were, I think I WOULD  have said "yeah, we'll take a GUARANTEED game Sat. vs. a possible game in a month"... esp. with THAT payday.

But NOT if I'd be behind 35-0 in the 1st.

Have you considered staying under the couch permanently? Turn a vaccine sideways and shove it.
(08-28-2021, 03:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Idiotic

You're being too nice.
(08-28-2021, 07:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Have you considered staying under the couch permanently? Turn a vaccine sideways and shove it.
I thought that’s how all libtards took their vaccine
(08-28-2021, 07:36 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 07:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I thought that’s how all libtards took their vaccine

I'm sure that's how they like it.