Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4A) Bourbon County @ #1 (1A) Pikeville 8/28 (Cancelled)
#1 Class A Pikeville stood tall as they ran off #2 Paintsville 43-21 to concrete the top spot in the state in that class. Bourbon County had a good matchup week one as they went on the road and beat East Jessamine 27-20. 

#1 (1A) Pikeville 42
 Bourbon County 21

Who you got?
Pikeville resting starters sometime in second quarter.

Pikeville 49
Bourbon County 00
Bourbon is “loaded” according to Jones… in his wkyt preview ?
Haven’t really ever heard anything about Bourbon besides David Jones went there. So I’ll take Pikeville
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Don't really know anything about Bourbon Co, other than they are a 4-A school. Don't know where they're at in the pre season rankings either. But this should be a good game. David Jones being the HC at Phelps prior to becoming HC at BC has never beaten the Panthers . No doubt he's hungry for a win at Hillard Howard field, but i don't think i've ever seen the Panthers this hungry except during the late 80's maybe.
Panthers - 38
Bourbon - 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae
Bourbon's going to have to be awfully good to come out of Hambley with a win Saturday evening. Panthers really looked good against a good Paintsville team, however mistakes were made that need to be corrected and that they will. That being the first time out of the gate for both teams, no doubt mistakes will be made on both sides, and coach Mac is not going to open up his play book at the first game. As good as this team was Friday evening, if they continue to improve, they will be scary good come playoff time. Got to remember Carson Wright should be suited up by then, so his return will be a huge addition.
PHS - 41
BC - 24
[-] The following 3 users Like Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1, PHS DYNASTY
(08-22-2021, 11:54 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote: Bourbon's going to have to be awfully good to come out of Hambley with a win Saturday evening. Panthers  really looked good against a good Paintsville team, however mistakes were made that need to be corrected and that they will. That being the first time out of the gate for both teams, no doubt mistakes will be made on both sides, and coach Mac is not going to open up his play book at the first game. As good as this team was Friday evening, if they continue to improve, they will be scary good come playoff time. Got to remember Carson Wright should be suited up by then, so his return will be a huge addition.
PHS  - 41
BC  -  24
Carson Wright is a pure beast. Gonna be exciting to watch him cross the goal line and make tackles !
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-22-2021, 03:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: #1 Class A Pikeville stood tall as they ran off #2 Paintsville 43-21 to concrete the top spot in the state in that class. Bourbon County had a good matchup week one as they went on the road and beat East Jessamine 27-20. 

#1 (1A) Pikeville 42
 Bourbon County 21

Who you got?
Bourbon Co is becoming FDU North, they have about 8 transfers from versus Lexington schools and a couple from Scott Co.
Hard to know how good Bourbon is but I don't think they will leave Pikeville with a win. Pikeville will put a bunch of points on everyone.

Pikeville 40
Bourbon Co 14
I watched Bourbon County's game Friday night against East Jessamine on Prepsin. It was a tight game with Bourbon County pulling out the win in the end. What does that tell me? Absolutely nothing. They seemed to have some speed which I am sure Pikeville does as well. I think Pikeville wins a closer than expected game.
(08-22-2021, 11:19 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Don't really know anything about Bourbon Co, other than they are a 4-A school. Don't know where they're at in the pre season rankings either. But this should be a good game. David Jones being the HC at Phelps prior to becoming HC at BC has never beaten the Panthers . No doubt he's hungry for a win at Hillard Howard field, but i don't think i've ever seen the Panthers this hungry except during the late 80's maybe.
Panthers - 38
Bourbon - 14

Josh Taylor two year starter on the d-line is back this week as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gargamels's post:
  • Gus McCrae
Pikeville names the score.
Panthers will get everyone on the same page offensively this week. After watching both Pikeville and Bourbon I can say Bourbon Co has their hands full up front, but they have a fast scrambling dual threat QB that could give the panthers headaches.
Pikeville 38
Bourbon Co. 14
Knowing Coach Jones he will have his team ready to play. Coach Mac and the rest of the coaching staff will keep moving players around to see we’re they fit and help the team the most. If any watch the last game you would know what I am saying. Multiple players in and out all night it was hard to keep up with as a fan. Pikeville staff always does a great job developing players. I see Pikeville winning this one but it will be the team who wants it the most. Like one poster said when Carson Wright and Taylor get healthy that only makes this defence a whole lot better,as always GO PANTHERS!!!
^ they rotate a lot because they can. Got the depth to do it. Which is unreal as a 1A school. A lot of talented kids.
The game has been cancelled due to Covid in the Bourbon Co program.
Covid sucks. I really hope teams just don’t use Covid as an excuse though. (Which I’m sure some probably do to avoid getting thumped.)
Looks like Breathitt got cancelled on and is available. Jr High teams already play each other Saturday...
Johnson Central available...
They’ll definitely find a game. Pike County Bowl way too big a money maker. Hope they find one!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
CAL available...
Johnson Central isn’t. They canceled because of Covid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • VHSL-helper
(08-26-2021, 07:14 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Johnson Central isn’t. They canceled because of Covid.
You are correct. Was coming back to scratch JC.
Clark County appears to be open.  Maybe Chirico could bring his team down to Pikeville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Gus McCrae
This is horrible. I really don’t think we will get the season in
(08-26-2021, 06:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Looks like Breathitt got cancelled on and is available. Jr High teams already play each other Saturday...
Scratch Breathitt, they are now playing North Laurel...
The bad thing about as what I heard maybe not the truth but I heard it. That D&D put it on social media before Pikeville heard anything about it. I hope that is not the truth but I heard it.
(08-26-2021, 08:47 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: The bad thing about as what I heard maybe not the truth but I heard it. That D&D put it on social media before Pikeville heard anything about it. I hope that is not the truth but I heard it.
They did
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • VHSL-helper
Bush league.
(08-26-2021, 08:47 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: The bad thing about as what I heard maybe not the truth but I heard it. That D&D put it on social media before Pikeville heard anything about it. I hope that is not the truth but I heard it.

David Jones is the David in David and Daryll. So I’d say he slid his buddy the news so that he could get his 10 like and retweets on Twitter.
#BBFL
[-] The following 6 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, clipperw, Ekybballer, Gus McCrae, MountainMamba, PHSForever