Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 Days Til Football ... 42 Year Drought for My Hounds... Will This Be the Year ???
Again. Yall are wild. The twins were next level athletes. Speed and strength.

And yall know 100% about the rest of the rant.
(07-10-2024, 09:56 AM)HighViz Wrote: Again.  Yall are wild.  The twins were next level athletes.  Speed and strength. 

I agree with this too. these modern athletes are a different breed than the players of old. I do think the older players played a harder nosed football but these modern guys are a different brand of speed and agility as a whole from lineman to skill players. the Corbin vs FD game last year was like unlike any high school game I've ever witnessed in Kentucky, it looked like a college level game in skill and talent on the field.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Boomer's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
(07-10-2024, 04:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 10:38 PM)HighViz Wrote: Both of you tell me 2 players that were better than the twins. I’ll wait.    And didn’t the twins wear maroon one game?

My classmate, RC Thomas,  was better than both of the Smith twins combined. He would have made mince meat out of both of them, literally.  And Riddle Thomas(RC) was just one of a number of monsters on that team.  Rusty Onkst , John Francioni are two more. The whole defense were monsters.  The 2020's teams were soft compared to those '76 and '77 Corbin teams.  Greer's teams would have been dominated by the Powers' teams.
I agree RC Thomas was a beast and just flat out mean.. I remember him receiving All State on every news platform in 76. I agree Archie Powers would have dominated Greers coaching abilities but not Greers talent on the field. If Haddix is still at Corbin from 2020-2024 Corbin has minimum of two State championships possibly three in past four years.
(07-10-2024, 09:56 AM)HighViz Wrote: Again.  Yall are wild.  The twins were next level athletes.  Speed and strength. 

that is correct. 

But I have a question I really don’t know.  Were the twins 5th year Seniors due to COVID?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • HighViz
Yes they were. They found some old paperwork and got it approved. Another stain on the C.

All the extras is the reason they ended up at the C vs. other power schools.
If you're going to be a portal whore you need to also be a RPI whore. Hell, OSH has pretty much said he's fine with FJB busing in thousands of illegal aliens a day to Corbin if there's a few high school D-1s in the mix. So what Corbin needs to do is go to the KCD seminar of RPI manipulation. Kentucky Country Day is now known as the KCD Fighting RPIs. What you do is schedule a bunch of 5A and 6A teams that can't play a lick but have good records because they only schedule teams who can't play a lick also. That way Corbin might be able to get Boyle Co. at home in the playoffs.

You're welcome Corbin fans. LOL.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(07-10-2024, 02:03 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 04:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 10:38 PM)HighViz Wrote: Both of you tell me 2 players that were better than the twins. I’ll wait.    And didn’t the twins wear maroon one game?

My classmate, RC Thomas,  was better than both of the Smith twins combined. He would have made mince meat out of both of them, literally.  And Riddle Thomas(RC) was just one of a number of monsters on that team.  Rusty Onkst , John Francioni are two more. The whole defense were monsters.  The 2020's teams were soft compared to those '76 and '77 Corbin teams.  Greer's teams would have been dominated by the Powers' teams.
I agree RC Thomas was a beast and just flat out mean.. I remember him receiving All State on every news platform in 76. I agree Archie Powers would have dominated Greers coaching abilities but not Greers talent on the field. If Haddix is still at Corbin from 2020-2024 Corbin has minimum of two State championships possibly three in past four years.

I agree with the bolded. Absolutely. You put Haddix on Corbin's sideline and subtract him from Boyle's and Corbin clearly had the teams to win two or three titles over that span. That faux pas is on Cox and all the other old hounds who wanted Haddix gone. Their legacy as far as Corbin football goes will be one remembered as a tragic mistake.

(07-10-2024, 10:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If you're going to be a portal whore you need to also be a RPI whore. Hell, OSH has pretty much said he's fine with FJB busing in thousands of illegal aliens a day to Corbin if there's a few high school D-1s in the mix. So what Corbin needs to do is go to the KCD seminar of RPI manipulation.  Kentucky Country Day is now known as the KCD Fighting RPIs. What you do is schedule a bunch of 5A and 6A teams that can't play a lick but have good records because they only schedule teams who can't play a lick also. That way Corbin might be able to get Boyle Co. at home in the playoffs.

You're welcome Corbin fans. LOL.

I'm any kind of whore as long as it gets the Redhounds to glory. You are right about RPI. The smart thing to do is play a bunch of 5A and 6A schools that you know you will beat , with emphasis on scheduling  teams that will end up with good records. Scheduling teams like Hazard won't get the job done. Hazard cost Corbin a state title last season because the Hounds would have had Boyle at home if they had beaten a 5A team instead of Hazard.  And yes, bus in those illegals if they can help out the Hounds on those offensive and defensive lines. Some of those illegals are probably good people. I think someone said that a few years ago.
Is calpreps playing a sick joke on Corbin fans? OMG!

OSH get someone to come to your house and remove all sharp objects and rope before you click on this

calpreps 2024 Corbin preview:

https://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2024/previe...orbin_(KY)
(07-10-2024, 11:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Is calpreps playing a sick joke on Corbin fans? OMG!

OSH get someone to come to your house and remove all sharp objects and rope before you click on this

Yeah, they had Justin as the Hounds coach back when he was mulling over Corbin's offer. I was hearing from people back in May that it was all but a done deal. I guess Calpreps heard the same thing.

Btw, someone by the name of Romeo Gallegos is listed as a the Boyle coach. Who in the hell is Romeo Gallegos?
(07-11-2024, 03:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 11:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Is calpreps playing a sick joke on Corbin fans? OMG!

Yeah, they had Justin as the Hounds coach back when he was mulling over Corbin's offer. I was hearing from people back in May that it was all but a done deal. I guess Calpreps heard the same thing.

Btw, someone by the name of Romeo Gallegos is listed as a the Boyle coach. Who in the hell is Romeo Gallegos?
^^^That's hilarious! Probably an alias for Rollo Tomassi of LA Confidential fame lol
(07-11-2024, 03:28 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I had Romeo Gallegos translated and it means Four time State Championship Coach In a row…
[-] The following 3 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz, HighViz