Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Star Demariah Brown Transfers to Boyle County
(05-04-2023, 11:19 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 09:35 AM)RunninReb Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 12:15 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: lol at some point you just have to realize the game isn’t the same it once was.
But let’s not act like teams have been robbing players from nearby schools for decades. Corbin made a living off it for years. There’s just somebody better at it and expanded there sites to the whole state instead of just the same area.

Say what you want, and these titles and trophies will look awesome in whatever cabinet Boyle ticks them away in, but it’ll never mean as much as it use to.

On a side note, if I were in the tri county area, I’d open a private school, 1A or 2A size, get all the players to come play from Corbin, Whitley, Knox, Laurel, and just win the damn thing every year.
If titles is all it’s about, see how long doing that last before enough crying starts to delegate teams out
Sounds like the whining of a sore loser. It means just as much as it did before. People start nonsense like this when it's not their team winning. At the end of the day, it is about the players first and foremost. What do you want Coaches to do? Turn kids away from transferring to their school. No Coach would do that. Coaches cannot force kids to come to their school district. Parents and players willingly move to seek more opportunities. We do it in our daily lives all the time but when it comes to high school players it’s all of a sudden wrong. Makes no sense. 0 logic in that one. Plus the old ways are dying. This is not the 70s or 80s anymore. If programs would get with the times they might be a little more successful.

will you feel the same if it comes out tomorrow that all of boyles stars decided to go to Danville? You’d act like it won’t to save face but you’d be pissed.
and the old ways are dying and that’s the problem. The old ways say if you transfer, you sit a year. The old ways say play in the system you were brought up in as long as you were treated right. 

it’s easy to be okay with it when you’re the benefactor isn’t it?
You think these kids give a damn about Boyle County and winning you a title? If haddix leaves tomorrow, so do they. You’re lying to yourself if you don’t think so. What’s the fun in winning the title every year if you constantly rob players? What’s the point?
I will give you this though. As long as the other schools allow it and continue to schedule you that’s on them.

So call it “whining” all you want, but when it destroys the sport you can be happy playing for conference championships against local schools like middle school ball use to be.
I don’t have a dog in the fight. My kids are grown and I I’m long in the tooth. But I’ll snicker a little when it gets turned on it’s head or somebody else out-boyles Boyle county
Your logic is why districts and programs slowly die. The old ways are done. You can sit and whine about the glory days or you can adapt and overcome to make sure you are still relevant. Some districts do that and some do not. As BEChargers stated, students have transferred to Boyle for softball, baseball, the art academy, academics, etc but only a few football guys are the ones that people complain about. Boyle will always stay relevant and kids will always come to Boyle County because of the success it has had traditionally. It was successful before Haddix got to Boyle and I am sure it will be successful after he leaves because the foundation was set and continues to be built. Nice Try though.
[-] The following 3 users Like RunninReb's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert
Messages In This Thread
RE: Danville Star Demariah Brown Transfers to Boyle County - by RunninReb - 05-05-2023, 09:23 AM