Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell JFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It's o.k. Fball I can take it we Rams are used to taking on the world.....and winning I might add. We know who is superior here. Look what i've done to this poor Tiger fan. I've got him preaching and spouting records and stats and slobering on his self. The Tiggers just need to do this right here.:igiveup:

Ewe ams are a delusional bunch aren't you.
On a serious note, and then we can end this thread that got way off track. We (Raceland) would love to get a game with Ironton. We need to play teams of the high caliber of The Tigers. They only prepare us for Teams like Beechwood and LCA. Thats one of the big reasons we picked up Russell,Ashland,Boyd co., and Greenup. Mr. Bait I have nothing but respect for the Tigers. When Raceland plays a 100 miles away you will always find me at an Ironton game. As a matter of fact I will be at the Ironton Russell game on September 4th. Probably laughing at f-ball while the devils get trounced. I know a game against Ironton is not likely because of our district and the seoal over there, and because of the point system over there, but maybe just maybe it will happen one day. I know one thing for sure no matter where it was played at the stadium would be filled to capacity and rockin.
I don't mind at all. It just sort of jumped out at me from that article how this player has the exact opposite attitude of what we've read about in this thread and others. Here's the link to the original article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...30914.html
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:On a serious note, and then we can end this thread that got way off track. We (Raceland) would love to get a game with Ironton. We need to play teams of the high caliber of The Tigers. They only prepare us for Teams like Beechwood and LCA. Thats one of the big reasons we picked up Russell,Ashland,Boyd co., and Greenup. Mr. Bait I have nothing but respect for the Tigers. When Raceland plays a 100 miles away you will always find me at an Ironton game. As a matter of fact I will be at the Ironton Russell game on September 4th. Probably laughing at f-ball while the devils get trounced. I know a game against Ironton is not likely because of our district and the seoal over there, and because of the point system over there, but maybe just maybe it will happen one day. I know one thing for sure no matter where it was played at the stadium would be filled to capacity and rockin.

Nothing but respect from here for the teams across the river. you never know with us pulling out of the SEOAL after this season a game could be scheduled and the gate would be huge at both fields.we have always had good luck against the devils for the most part but i'm sure they will be ready when they come back to tanks.
Ram-A-Devil and Tigerbait, you guys are letting me down. All of this mutual respect is nauseating. What happened to the "tiggers" and "ams"?
FBALL Wrote:Ram-A-Devil and Tigerbait, you guys are letting me down. All of this mutual respect is nauseating. What happened to the "tiggers" and "ams"?

We found that we have somrthing in common. We both wear orange and black. we both win a lot of football games, and we both like pounding on the devils. Do you feel better now F-BALL?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We found that we have somrthing in common. We both wear orange and black. we both win a lot of football games, and we both like pounding on the devils. Do you feel better now F-BALL?

Yes, thank you very much.

Only one problem. Ironton can boast about beating Russell consistantly. You guys squeak out a win over one team with major attitude problems and all of a sudden you're Leonardo DiCaprio on the front of the titanic. Little brother is going to get the best of big brother every now and then. But I wouldn't get used to it.
russellpride Wrote:g

most players that transfer from russell to raceland go there because they are not 1 or 2 on russell depth chart and are looking to a chance to play. for the recent transfer of a certain 7th grader if you read early in this forum there is a strong disagreement with middle school and jfl thats how come he will be a ram and not a devil.Confusedhh:
bluegrass nation Wrote:most players that transfer from russell to raceland go there because they are not 1 or 2 on russell depth chart and are looking to a chance to play. for the recent transfer of a certain 7th grader if you read early in this forum there is a strong disagreement with middle school and jfl thats how come he will be a ram and not a devil.Confusedhh:

Just to set the record straight, there was NO disagreement between the middle school and the JFL. The middle school along with numerous school officials and high school coaches backed the JFL's decision completely. It appears that a few parents disagreed with the new system that was put in place and choose to move their children to another school.
On another note, the lights are up and working on the JFL field and look great.
FBALL Wrote:On another note, the lights are up and working on the JFL field and look great.

Do they shine when you turn them on?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Do they shine when you turn them on?
No smarty pants. They illuminate.

Don't you understand "working"? I guess I am going to have to bring back the Word of the Day.
After a week and a half of practice I am absolutely positive that the JFL made the right move in going back to the intra league format. Things are going great.
Just think what things would be like if football had "open fields" like basketball has "open gyms". It would be like...."Cmon...I know you from another school, but lets see how you can hit this sled...just for fun"
OldRD32 Wrote:Just to set the record straight, there was NO disagreement between the middle school and the JFL. The middle school along with numerous school officials and high school coaches backed the JFL's decision completely. It appears that a few parents disagreed with the new system that was put in place and choose to move their children to another school.
Maybe if they're lucky one day, they'll win a District title!
Im glad they are going back to the system they had when I played, with the 4 teams. I think the whole middle school setting really hurt the players as far as developing basic skills. If you've watched the past couple years, I saw a big difference. Especially in the tackling department. Time after time I watched poor arm tackling, or kids side stepping the runner. Instead of growing up in the JFL system, hitting and doing tackling drills every practice. They were on a middle school team which didnt have enough players to risk injuring anyone with such drills. So these types of skills were never refined.
DevilsWin Wrote:Maybe if they're lucky one day, they'll win a District title!

If they are in Russells pathetic district they will win hundreds of them.
Beetle01 Wrote:Wow.....I think its time some kids let the adults back on the computer.

Raceland and Russell just need to get over it and become one school. No point in having 2 schools that close this day and age.

If given the choice I would choose to attend Raceland over Russell. Id advise everyone to do that. Raceland's coaching staff actually cares for their players, and installs game plans to try and win every game. If you want to learn about the game, and have your teams talent used to its best, goto Raceland. Atleast until Mcglone and Company are gone.

If combining with Russell was my choice I would move to ASIA.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:If they are in Russells pathetic district they will win hundreds of them.
The 2 best teams in Raceland History are 1-1 against 2 mediocre Russell teams.
They have to be the best teams we've ever had, and Russell always has to be mediocre if we beat them. Can we use that one if Ashland beats us on Friday?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:If combining with Russell was my choice I would move to ASIA.

Dang it. You stole our "Defend the R" and now you are stealing my lines. I told you that one last year you unoriginal thinking am.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:They have to be the best teams we've ever had, and Russell always has to be mediocre if we beat them. Can we use that one if Ashland beats us on Friday?
See, thats better. At least you asked if you could use it. :Clap:
Just a little update. The switch back to the JFL format was the best thing we could have done. Numbers are up and the quality of football being played was
much better with kids getting a lot more individual attention during practices

The final games for the middle school division will be B team games this Thursday and A team games Friday night with games both nights being played at Henry R Evans stadium.

The champions were the Browns in the pee wee division and the Russell Black team in the middle school division. I would like to thank the coaches and everybody that is involved with league for all of the hard work and dedication they put into this and I encourage any body that gets the chance to come out and watch Thursday and Friday. The future looks bright for Russell football.
Now all thats left for them to do is DRINK THE KOOL-AID and come on down to Ram Land!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Now all thats left for them to do is DRINK THE KOOL-AID and come on down to Ram Land!!

Nope! We are keeping the ones we've got. You can keep what you've got. No more are going to Jonestown.
(Nope! We are keeping the ones we've got. You can keep what you've got. No more are going to Jonestown.)

Another one drank the Kool-aid yesterday...nice sized lineman for 8th grade!!....... Big GULP!
Well I guess you get another disgruntled transfer then. Good luck with that. I don't know who it is or really even care. What I do know is that the Russell JFL had a great season and we will finish it up this weekend.
I am glad the season was successful and that they had fun and increased numbers for the school. Heard that 33 kids came out for freshman ball this year,, thats awesome!!! Product of an 8th grade team too... thats awesome to see those numbers!!
Glad to hear that kids are interested, heard some really nice things about the kids playing this year.. See ya in 2 years on the field.....FB and good luck to your program there.
Congratulations on the year you guys had too. Things are looking good for both schools. I don't know if the freshman had 33 or not but it was probably close to that. They had alot of kids come out that did not play in 8th grade.
FBALL Wrote:Congratulations on the year you guys had too. Things are looking good for both schools. I don't know if the freshman had 33 or not but it was probably close to that. They had alot of kids come out that did not play in 8th grade.
31 freshman and 1 8th grader came out for Russell this year.

Fball, Why didn't Russelljfl.com update their site this year I tried to follow this year to no avail?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9