Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell JFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I can only think of three kids that have transferred from Russell to Raceland. One of those kids, both of his parents work for the Raceland school system. So it only makes sense that their children would go. One transferred for personal reasons that really have no place being discussed on here. The other just made a bad choice by jumping to conclusions before he had all of the facts. That does not seem like a mass exodus to me.
FBALL Wrote:I can only think of three kids that have transferred from Russell to Raceland. One of those kids, both of his parents work for the Raceland school system. So it only makes sense that their children would go. One transferred for personal reasons that really have no place being discussed on here. The other just made a bad choice by jumping to conclusions before he had all of the facts. That does not seem like a mass exodus to me.

I can understand someone changing schools because they have parents that work there. I just can't understand someone moving from Russell to Raceland simply for the athletics program.

Russell plays in a higher class, has been more successful, has a hall of fame head coach, has the best defensive coach in the area, and has possibly the best basketball coach in the region in Kidwell. Maybe it's the basketball gym. Raceland does have the nicest gym in the region.
Oh crap i drank the orange kooool_aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My last post on this thread... Have fun,, nice knowing ya!!!!!!!!!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:My last post on this thread... Have fun,, nice knowing ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Devilologist needs a new nickname...Ramologist. :biggrin:

Good luck at Raceland. I hope it works out for your son.
ryanparker Wrote:Looks like Devilologist needs a new nickname...Ramologist. :biggrin:

Good luck at Raceland. I hope it works out for your son.

Sure looks that way. I wish them well.
Disgruntled parents or not, I get so tired of the BLATANT recruiting that goes on at Raceland and it just seems that everyone turns a blind eye and deaf ear to it...I have a feeling that they better start doing a better job of concealing it or it will soon blow up in their face...This is not inuendo on the recruiting stuff...It is FACT...
Wonder if Ram-ologist is gonna have a yard sale now. I loved that one jacket.
The lights are up on the field and look great.
devil58 Wrote:Disgruntled parents or not, I get so tired of the BLATANT recruiting that goes on at Raceland and it just seems that everyone turns a blind eye and deaf ear to it...I have a feeling that they better start doing a better job of concealing it or it will soon blow up in their face...This is not inuendo on the recruiting stuff...It is FACT...

Well......We've gotten players from Greenup and Russell Now we are going to focus our attention on The Fighting tigers of Ironton. Face it guys......Raceland rules the entire world. I can't speak for this decade Mr parker, but when I went to school at Raceland we were named the team of the 80's and we had the winningest record of any team in the area that includes Ironton.:kneel:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Well......We've gotten players from Greenup and Russell Now we are going to focus our attention on The Fighting tigers of Ironton. Face it guys......Raceland rules the entire world. I can't speak for this decade Mr parker, but when I went to school at Raceland we were named the team of the 80's and we had the winningest record of any team in the area that includes Ironton.:kneel:

You keep talking about all these players you keep geting, being the team of the 80's how last year Raceland had their best team in maybe 50 years. But it all comes down to one thing Raceland hasent done win it ALL. Heck just make it to the championship game and you might get some credit. So, unless my team won something,I wouldnt talk too much trash because it exposes you to the narrow minded blinder wearing koolaid drinking biased homer that you are.
Yeah Homer. Doh!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Well...we've gotten players from Greenup and Russell. Now we are going to focus our attention on The Fighting Tigers of Ironton. Face it guys...Raceland rules the entire world. I can't speak for this decade, Mr. Parker, but when I went to school at Raceland we were named the team of the 80's and we had the winningest record of any team in the area, that includes Ironton.

Alright...I get it now. You are saying all of this in jest.

Wasn't it only recently when Raceland started playing Ashland, Russell, and even Greenup? If Raceland was the team of the 1980's, then I would like to see some of the teams that were on their schedule back then. Was Fairview considered the toughest game of the year? And to compare the Raceland teams of the 1980's to the Ironton teams of that same decade? That kind of humor can only be found on message boards like this.

If these "elite" middle schoolers are going to transfer from Russell to another school, then I can't understand why they don't go to Ashland or even Ironton. If they are that talented, then surely they would stand out there as well, right? To use an earlier poster's analogy, maybe the need to feel like a "big fish" transcends the size of the pond they're swimming in.

Oh well, as I said earlier, Raceland hasn't even made a state-semifinal game yet. Maybe this wave of "recruits" will get it done. I guess we'll find out over the next 5 years.
ryanparker Wrote:Alright...I get it now. You are saying all of this in jest.

Wasn't it only recently when Raceland started playing Ashland, Russell, and even Greenup? If Raceland was the team of the 1980's, then I would like to see some of the teams that were on their schedule back then. Was Fairview considered the toughest game of the year? And to compare the Raceland teams of the 1980's to the Ironton teams of that same decade? That kind of humor can only be found on message boards like this.

If these "elite" middle schoolers are going to transfer from Russell to another school, then I can't understand why they don't go to Ashland or even Ironton. If they are that talented, then surely they would stand out there as well, right? To use an earlier poster's analogy, maybe the need to feel like a "big fish" transcends the size of the pond they're swimming in.

Oh well, as I said earlier, Raceland hasn't even made a state-semifinal game yet. Maybe this wave of "recruits" will get it done. I guess we'll find out over the next 5 years.

Hey.......i'm a baseball guy. if they lose every football game from her to eternity it ain't gonna bother me. I'm looking at all of these transfers from a baseball perspective.
Hey Devil58,
Who is doing the recruiting?
serious? Wrote:Hey Devil58,
Who is doing the recruiting?

NOBODY IS DOING THE RECRUITING. HASN'T RUSSELL EVER GOT A TRANSFER BEFORE? WE ARE GETTING THEM IN DROVES FROM GREENUP 1)BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK IT IS SCREWED UP LIKE A SOUP SANDWICH DOWN THERE. 2)WURTLAND IS A LOT CLOSER TO RACELAND THAN LLOYD IS. WE ARE GETTING THEM FROM RUSSELL BECAUSE ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE EGO MANIACS AND CAN'T GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER. nOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT.....LIKE I STATED BEFORE......RACELAND RULES THE ENTIRE WORLD.
I don't blame Raceland for trying to get players from area schools. It is the only way a small school like that is going to get themselves in the state picture, particularly in our area where there isn't an abundance of athletic talent to pick from as compared to somewhere like Northern Kentucky, Lexington, or Louisville. I also understand why players from Greenup would rather go to Raceland. It's been known as an academically better school for a long time and Greenup's football program has been in shambles for most of this decade.

What I don't understand is why players from Russell would go to Raceland. Looking at Raceland in the best light possible, it's a lateral move AT BEST both academically and athletically.
ryanparker Wrote:I don't blame Raceland for trying to get players from area schools. It is the only way a small school like that is going to get themselves in the state picture, particularly in our area where there isn't an abundance of athletic talent to pick from as compared to somewhere like Northern Kentucky, Lexington, or Louisville. I also understand why players from Greenup would rather go to Raceland. It's been known as an academically better school for a long time and Greenup's football program has been in shambles for most of this decade.

What I don't understand is why players from Russell would go to Raceland. Looking at Raceland in the best light possible, it's a lateral move AT BEST both academically and athletically.

iT'S THE NEW WORLD MR. PARKER. IF YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU WANT.....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT EVERYBODY'S KID IS A SUPERSTAR NOW? THERE ARE NO ROLE PLAYERS ANYMORE. WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL BACK IN THE MID-80'S YOU WERE JUST HAPPY TO BE ON THE TEAM AND CONTRIBUTE HOW EVER AND WHENEVER YOU COULD. NOT NOW.....IF A KID ISN'T THE QUARTER BACK OR THE ACE PITCHER OR THE STARTING POINT GUARD THEY TRANSFER. MY SON IS GOING TO TRY OUT FOR QUARTER BACK THIS YEAR AT RACELAND....HE SAID WHAT IF I DON'T MAKE IT......I SAID GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW POSISTION.
Don't you know the grass is always greener on the other side. But what if you get there and its the same. Welcome to the new world.
Transfers are nothing new around here. Its just the frequency of them that has picked up. A few years ago everybody was dogging the Russell basketball program. Ashalnd is always getting a hard time from area schools about transfers. Shoot I think everybody that ever played at Ironton transferred in from somewhere. The point is that you can not sustain a program built on transfers. It is a short term fix at best. In this case it is extra ridiculous because we are talking about kids that are still in middle school. Amazing.
It was also Raceland who swiped one of Russells better running backs back in the 80's. They are sneaky lil rams. LOL
FBALL Wrote:Transfers are nothing new around here. Its just the frequency of them that has picked up. A few years ago everybody was dogging the Russell basketball program. Ashalnd is always getting a hard time from area schools about transfers. Shoot I think everybody that ever played at Ironton transferred in from somewhere. The point is that you can not sustain a program built on transfers. It is a short term fix at best. In this case it is extra ridiculous because we are talking about kids that are still in middle school. Amazing.

Bottom line is......Raceland is not recruiting anybody. They are just coming. Would Russell turn them down? I think not. Just like in the movie "A Field of Dreams"....If you build it they will come. I hear the corn talking. I will guarantee you Russell got some transfers this year. They may not be football players or they may not even be athletes at all but, i guarantee they got some and, I'll bet Devil58 talked them into coming. Devil58 is the secret recruiter.
I will say one thing about the transfers. If they are only going to be here for a couple of years and then go back......I say don't come at all. I will close by saying that if you come to Raceland its all about Raceland not any one child. We don't play that game down here. If anybody thinks it's all about one kid we will put him or her out there by themselves and see if they can do it alone. Also if you are transferring in to win Jr. high games you can forget it. It's about developing a future high school team. Don't get me wrong our kids will go out and give everything they can to win but, in the end it doesn't matter if you win a 7th or an 8th grade game.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I will say one thing about the transfers. If they are only going to be here for a couple of years and then go back......I say don't come at all. I will close by saying that if you come to Raceland its all about Raceland not any one child. We don't play that game down here. If anybody thinks it's all about one kid we will put him or her out there by themselves and see if they can do it alone. Also if you are transferring in to win Jr. high games you can forget it. It's about developing a future high school team. Don't get me wrong our kids will go out and give everything they can to win but, in the end it doesn't matter if you win a 7th or an 8th grade game.
Preach it brother.:worthy:
FBALL Wrote:Preach it brother.:worthy:

Don't make me make you eat 13 candy bars and make you go blind and slip into a diabetic coma.:BigLaugh:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Don't make me make you eat 13 candy bars and make you go blind and slip into a diabetic coma.:BigLaugh:
You were a regular CSI figuring that one out. Was it all the wrappers or the giant chocolate smudge down his chin that clued you in.
FBALL Wrote:You were a regular CSI figuring that one out. Was it all the wrappers or the giant chocolate smudge down his chin that clued you in.

I think it was when he started screaming that he was going blind and you had to take him to the hospital.
Ahh. Good times.
Being the 'Team of the '80's ' was a combination of two things: winning while being the 3rd smallest football playing school in the state. Raceland played district teams (Fairview, Paintsville, Allen Central, Wheelright, Hazard) and 3A schools Ashland, East Carter, Johnson Central, & Lawrence Co. Extra games on schedule included games against Paris, West Carter, Nicholas County, Bath County, West Carter, Morgan County, and other teams from the area... I recall Pikeville being on the schedule, too. On a side note, Raceland and Russell met in 1985 in the Grid and Raceland won that one 6-0.
eratia Wrote:Being the 'Team of the '80's ' was a combination of two things: winning while being the 3rd smallest football playing school in the state. Raceland played district teams (Fairview, Paintsville, Allen Central, Wheelright, Hazard) and 3A schools Ashland, East Carter, Johnson Central, & Lawrence Co. Extra games on schedule included games against Paris, West Carter, Nicholas County, Bath County, West Carter, Morgan County, and other teams from the area... I recall Pikeville being on the schedule, too. On a side note, Raceland and Russell met in 1985 in the Grid and Raceland won that one 6-0.

So we are counting scrimmages now. I played most of the second half in that grid as a sophmore. The starters played the first half. Is this really what we have resorted to.

Yep after seeing that list of teams I say we just declare them the team of the century.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9