Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell JFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'm not declaring them anything. They played ranked teams, and teams that were in their division. I don't care about the Raceland - Russell rivalry, and just remembered that grid because I was there, and I didn't attend either school... Raceland has been very competitive as a A school, as Russell has been in 3A. Russell's won titles and that's a great accomplishment.

This fight isn't mine, although I'm drawn to this thread like a soap opera. Who cares who transfers where and when. The most important game isn't the ones that have occurred for the last 81 years: It's the next one.

Of course there are going to be transfers. McKell and Wurtland combine and 2 staffs become one, so kids are going to relocate. Russell is going to play only against Russell, so there are kids who are going to want to play against other schools.

It happens. It's going to make the NEKC very interesting this year, and I believe Russell could have won the conference and moved into the state MS playoffs, but now Verity will have to fend off Raceland, Lawrence, East, Greenup Co., Boyd, & West.

It wasn't my intention to ruffle feathers, but I was just supplying info to Mr. Parker, who questioned what teams Raceland played in the 80's. It was always a tough schedule for a team with 35-45 players.
eratia Wrote:I'm not declaring them anything. They played ranked teams, and teams that were in their division. I don't care about the Raceland - Russell rivalry, and just remembered that grid because I was there, and I didn't attend either school... Raceland has been very competitive as a A school, as Russell has been in 3A. Russell's won titles and that's a great accomplishment.

This fight isn't mine, although I'm drawn to this thread like a soap opera. Who cares who transfers where and when. The most important game isn't the ones that have occurred for the last 81 years: It's the next one.

Of course there are going to be transfers. McKell and Wurtland combine and 2 staffs become one, so kids are going to relocate. Russell is going to play only against Russell, so there are kids who are going to want to play against other schools.

It happens. It's going to make the NEKC very interesting this year, and I believe Russell could have won the conference and moved into the state MS playoffs, but now Verity will have to fend off Raceland, Lawrence, East, Greenup Co., Boyd, & West.

It wasn't my intention to ruffle feathers, but I was just supplying info to Mr. Parker, who questioned what teams Raceland played in the 80's. It was always a tough schedule for a team with 35-45 players.

No feathers ruffled. I was really just giving Ram-A-Devil some more to crow about.

You are right about the transfers as well. Russell has had a few kids from area schools as well as other parts of the state transfer in this year as well just nobody is making a big deal over it.

As for the NEKC, it should be pretty competitive. Russell going back to intraleague play was not an indictment of the league. It was simply to provide an opportunity for more kids to play and learn the game.

You are also right about this thread being like soap opera. I'm just ready for the kids to start playing, which is what all of this is about.
FBALL Wrote:So we are counting scrimmages now. I played most of the second half in that grid as a sophmore. The starters played the first half. Is this really what we have resorted to.

Yep after seeing that list of teams I say we just declare them the team of the century.

I don't care if you played the entire game. You lost the superbowl of scrimmages buster.:ChairHit:
Yes.....we should crown us team of the century. we should be revered and bowed down to by all highschool football teams. Quick.....somebody throw a virgin into a valcano to appease the Ram God!!
See, I told you it would give him something to crow about. Just because you have to brag about a scrimmage where everybody plays. I know you are desperate for something to brag about. It's not like they named a field after you..... Don't make me call the cops you bully.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Well......We've gotten players from Greenup and Russell Now we are going to focus our attention on The Fighting tigers of Ironton. Face it guys......Raceland rules the entire world. I can't speak for this decade Mr parker, but when I went to school at Raceland we were named the team of the 80's and we had the winningest record of any team in the area that includes Ironton.:kneel:

Hold the phone there for a second buddy.ironton went 103-12-2 against a heck of lot harder teams than raceland did i guarantee that plus a state title.raceland wouldn't have went close to 500 playing irontons schedule.I tell ya what we are out of the SEOAL after this season give us a call i'm sure a game can be worked out.then we will see who rules the world,on second thought beating raceland wouldn't really prove anything much less who rules the world.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Hold the phone there for a second buddy.ironton went 103-12-2 against a heck of lot harder teams than raceland did i guarantee that plus a state title.raceland wouldn't have went close to 500 playing irontons schedule.I tell ya what we are out of the SEOAL after this season give us a call i'm sure a game can be worked out.then we will see who rules the world,on second thought beating raceland wouldn't really prove anything much less who rules the world.

We've been trying to schedule them since I played in 85. They just like to jump on teams when they are down. They are playing Russell again finally after years of dominant football They are going to play Russell now that they are down. Come on down and play the mighty Rams. Better yet....we'll come over to Tanks Memorial "Home of where the Referee's walk right out of the house and on to the field". And lay the smack down on the tiggers.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We've been trying to schedule them since I played in 85. They just like to jump on teams when they are down. They are playing Russell again finally after years of dominant football They are going to play Russell now that they are down. Come on down and play the mighty Rams. Better yet....we'll come over to Tanks Memorial "Home of where the Referee's walk right out of the house and on to the field". And lay the smack down on the tiggers.

Funny alot of teams say they try to schedule games with us but it never quite seems to make it and like coach lutz is afraid of raceland that is down right laughable. no offense to russell but we never cancelled the series nor did we make the first call about renewing the series at least they have the grit to play us unlike the ams and no need of draggin them into this anyway. nobody in raceland wants us to come on down or wants to come to the tanks thats a fact. the ball is in the ams court put up or shutup.

ITS JUST RACELAND.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Funny alot of teams say they try to schedule games with us but it never quite seems to make it and like coach lutz is afraid of raceland that is down right laughable. no offense to russell but we never cancelled the series nor did we make the first call about renewing the series at least they have the grit to play us unlike the ams and no need of draggin them into this anyway. nobody in raceland wants us to come on down or wants to come to the tanks thats a fact. the ball is in the ams court put up or shutup.

ITS JUST RACELAND.

Just bring the Tigers over and The Rams will put something on them Mr. clean won't be able to get off. I hope somebody comes in and puts the Tigers in the spread offense.:moon:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Just bring the Tigers over and The Rams will put something on them Mr. clean won't be able to get off. I hope somebody comes in and puts the Tigers in the spread offense.:moon:

Why afraid of our runnin game? raceland wouldnt come within two td's of ironton i don't care where the game was at.:flush::moon:
This is great, although I am out of the loop on most things in this thread, you guys are providing great entertainment. Keep up the good work.
eratia Wrote:Being the 'Team of the '80's ' was a combination of two things: winning while being the 3rd smallest football playing school in the state. Raceland played district teams (Fairview, Paintsville, Allen Central, Wheelright, Hazard) and 3A schools Ashland, East Carter, Johnson Central, & Lawrence Co. Extra games on schedule included games against Paris, West Carter, Nicholas County, Bath County, West Carter, Morgan County, and other teams from the area... I recall Pikeville being on the schedule, too. On a side note, Raceland and Russell met in 1985 in the Grid and Raceland won that one 6-0.

Yes Raceland won with the Huge help from a guy from Russell and a guy from Greenup on their team. "cat claws" meow...LOL
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Just bring the Tigers over and The Rams will put something on them Mr. clean won't be able to get off. I hope somebody comes in and puts the Tigers in the spread offense.:moon:

You better play at raceland Ram-A-Devil...Irontons lights go out if you start to win over there...LOL "cat claws#2" hiss hiss...lol
KYstraydog Wrote:You better play at raceland Ram-A-Devil...Irontons lights go out if you start to win over there...LOL "cat claws#2" hiss hiss...lol

That happen once against beechwood and by the way we were coming back only down by one in the second,they started to have players droping like flies and they knew what was coming,our AD offered to put them up in a hotel and at our cost but they werent interested. no matter a win is a win for the tigers no matter where the game would be at.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:That happen once against beechwood and by the way we were coming back only down by one in the second,they started to have players droping like flies and they knew what was coming,our AD offered to put them up in a hotel and at our cost but they werent interested. no matter a win is a win for the tigers no matter where the game would be at.

I was at that game Mr. bait. You were playing against a class A team who lost 18 seniors the year before and were playing with 4 lineman missing and a quarterback with a broken arm. You were well on your way to taking a beating. Schedule them again scardy tiger!
As was i and we were hardly on our way at getting beat and if you were really there you would know we where were starting to lay the hurt on them. they maybe a formatable unlike the ams but we duck no one including beechwood or anyone else. looks like you guys would get tired of taking beatings from russell and ashland what you beat them once in years and you guys think you are superman and you think you can hang with us thats funny.

ITS JUST RACELAND
Bringing Ironton into this discussion takes it in a different direction altogether. Russell has hardly ever had a team that can beat Ironton. Raceland has never had a team that could beat Ironton.
ryanparker Wrote:Bringing Ironton into this discussion takes it in a different direction altogether. Russell has hardly ever had a team that can beat Ironton. Raceland has never had a team that could beat Ironton.

You've played them.....We know you guys can't beat them. They won't schedule the Rams!! Hey Mr. Bait.......If you have any pull over there in Iron town why don't you lobby for them to play us. We would love to lay the wood to the Tiggers.

IT'S JUST THE TIGGERS.
[quote=RAM-A-DEVIL]You've played them.....We know you guys can't beat them. They won't schedule the Rams!! Hey Mr. Bait.......If you have any pull over there in Iron town why don't you lobby for them to play us. We would love to lay the wood to the Tiggers.

We won't schedule the ams thats hilarious i know you are not serious wanting to play us.
Here is the no.(740) 532-3911 ask for Athletic Director Mark Vass after he gets done laughin he might schedule a game if it was worth any playoff points for us then again he may take a gimmie game.
No matter how much you guys want it you will never be russell.

IT'S JUST THE WANNA BE RED DEVILS KNOWN AS RACELAND.
Wanna be. I think he got on that Mr. Ram-A-Devil.
Even though this thread has strayed miles away from the topic of "Russell JFL sign ups", it has turned into one of the most entertaining threads I've read on here. Any thread that culminates in the phone number of the Ironton A.D. being posted for Raceland to call when they want to play has to be at least in the top 10 of all time.

Anyhow, so how many ended up signing up for Russell JFL grades 6-8? How many teams are there? Who are the coaches?
ryanparker Wrote:Even though this thread has strayed miles away from the topic of "Russell JFL sign ups", it has turned into one of the most entertaining threads I've read on here. Any thread that culminates in the phone number of the Ironton A.D. being posted for Raceland to call when they want to play has to be at least in the top 10 of all time.

Anyhow, so how many ended up signing up for Russell JFL grades 6-8? How many teams are there? Who are the coaches?

80 players as of now. We expect a few more as school gets started this week. 4 teams with an A team and B team game for each. Things are going great. The lights are up on the field and should be wired in this week. It's finally time to play some football.
Sorry i forgot Mark LaFon is the ad now.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:[quote=RAM-A-DEVIL]You've played them.....We know you guys can't beat them. They won't schedule the Rams!! Hey Mr. Bait.......If you have any pull over there in Iron town why don't you lobby for them to play us. We would love to lay the wood to the Tiggers.

We won't schedule the ams thats hilarious i know you are not serious wanting to play us.
Here is the no.(740) 532-3911 ask for Athletic Director Mark Vass after he gets done laughin he might schedule a game if it was worth any playoff points for us then again he may take a gimmie game.
No matter how much you guys want it you will never be russell.

IT'S JUST THE WANNA BE RED DEVILS KNOWN AS RACELAND.

Typical Ironton.......put the ball in their court and they convieniently throw it back into yours. No matter how much you guys want it you will never be Portsmouth.

It's just the wanna be Trojans known as the Tiggers.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:[quote=YOURTIGERBAIT]

Typical Ironton.......put the ball in their court and they convieniently throw it back into yours. No matter how much you guys want it you will never be Portsmouth.

It's just the wanna be Trojans known as the Tiggers.

I put the contact info make the call or sit down and let a real team play us. why would we want to be the trojans coach lutz is like 29-8-1 against them and we have a couple of state titles they don't? you know kinda like russell has a few and raceland don't.

Oh by the way if raceland is so much better why would you want to recruit our players and i never did see the record of the team of the decade or whatever it was called

LIKE EVERYONE OVER HERE SAYS ITS JUST RACELAND.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:[quote=RAM-A-DEVIL]

I put the contact info make the call or sit down and let a real team play us. why would we want to be the trojans coach lutz is like 29-8-1 against them and we have a couple of state titles they don't? you know kinda like russell has a few and raceland don't.

Oh by the way if raceland is so much better why would you want to recruit our players and i never did see the record of the team of the decade or whatever it was called

LIKE EVERYONE OVER HERE SAYS ITS JUST RACELAND.

Were you like the ball boy/water boy/statastician or something back in the day? I don't need to quote stats.... let's line'em up and see who the better team is. Why don't you just admit......The Tigers are not what they once were so stop living in the past and play the Superhuman Rams right here.....Right now!!!. We don't care what Coach lutz's record against Portsmoth is. It's o-o against the Rams and a future 0-1.

It's just the Ironton Pirates.....ooooppps I meant Tigers.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:[quote=YOURTIGERBAIT]

Were you like the ball boy/water boy/statastician or something back in the day? I don't need to quote stats.... let's line'em up and see who the better team is. Why don't you just admit......The Tigers are not what they once were so stop living in the past and play the Superhuman Rams right here.....Right now!!!. We don't care what Coach lutz's record against Portsmoth is. It's o-o against the Rams and a future 0-1.

It's just the Ironton Pirates.....ooooppps I meant Tigers.

Oh my hornless little am, i never brought the trojans into this conversation nor did i bring up the 80's you did,i played dline for the fighting tigers thank you very much,don't be mad because i can back my quotes up with facts not hot air . true we are not as dominate as we once where but still plenty strong to take care of raceland and at least we were dominate not one season wonders for the record ironton is 2-0 against the ams.
we don't need to line them up just to see who is better everyone already knows its ironton.

Speaking of the pirates yeah they would smoke raceland.

ITS JUST NEVERMIND.
The "ams" thing is cracking me up. I like it.
FBALL Wrote:The "ams" thing is cracking me up. I like it.

It's o.k. Fball I can take it we Rams are used to taking on the world.....and winning I might add. We know who is superior here. Look what i've done to this poor Tiger fan. I've got him preaching and spouting records and stats and slobering on his self. The Tiggers just need to do this right here.:igiveup:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It's o.k. Fball I can take it we Rams are used to taking on the world.....and winning I might add. We know who is superior here. Look what i've done to this poor Tiger fan. I've got him preaching and spouting records and stats and slobering on his self. The Tiggers just need to do this right here.:igiveup:

Not preaching or slobbering just walking the walk something the ams wouldn't know anything about. but they do have the talking the talk down to the science.as far as who is superior on here i could beak out the" disaster in raceland" from last season but i'll pass on that for now.
i here our jv team is looking for a game go ahead and make the call. you may and i mean may be able to beat them if you do then you can say you beat us. thats the only way it's gonna happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9