Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Smith Twins Cleared to Play.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...ERf6DiIudI[Image: Jacob-Smith-and-Jerod-Smith-1-copy-1.jpg]
The two most popular Kentucky football recruits finally got the good news they’d been waiting on. Late news is always better than bad news. Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith can now play football.

The two four-star recruits have been cleared by the KHSAA to play high school football in the Bluegrass, sources tell KSR. The Smith twins will be suited up with the Redhounds when they host Cincinnati (Ohio) Hughes on Friday night.

The former stars at Somerset (Ky.) High left the Bluegrass State following the 2020 season and spent two years in Connecticut where they developed into high-level college football prospects. However, Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith have decided to move home for their final season in high school, and that season will be spent at Corbin. The Redhounds are a legitimate big-time contender in 4A.

However, these two prospects are still committed. Jerod Smith pledged to Michigan on April 25 and Jacob Smith followed on July 13. Despite those commitments to Jim Harbaugh‘s program, Kentucky has a ton of momentum.

Multiple Recruiting Prediction Machine picks have come in for Kentucky, and now the Wildcats are the favorites to ultimately land these two blue-chip prospects. Now that the eligibility issue is out of the way, Mark Stoops and Vince Marrow will be looking to get their spatulas out to complete two significant recruiting wins in the Bluegrass.

We might not have to wait long for this significant recruiting development to occur.
If they can get eligible.. anyone can.
Rules are made to be broken.
I’m the opposite of a fan for corbin, but if two kids obviously move addresses over hundreds of miles, how does it take this long to get eligible and taking some of the biggest media in the state knocking on the door to get this thru. And you have kids all over the state that are not getting to play even tho they move anywhere from 50-100 miles away.
Glad they got cleared. The kids moved back home, and I always wanna see Kentucky's best play at Kentucky high schools. Sorry Belfry but also feel the same about WV players.

From what I've heard this is a positive for UK also and I expect them to be in Lexington next fall and not Ann Arbor regardless of what Corbin's coach recently tweeted on the matter.
They must have been confident they would be ruled eligible or very fast to get them on the roster on the KHSAA website. This will go a long way imo to giving them a legitimate shot at beating Boyle County for the 4A championship.
(08-18-2023, 05:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...ERf6DiIudI[Image: Jacob-Smith-and-Jerod-Smith-1-copy-1.jpg]
The two most popular Kentucky football recruits finally got the good news they’d been waiting on. Late news is always better than bad news. Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith can now play football.

The two four-star recruits have been cleared by the KHSAA to play high school football in the Bluegrass, sources tell KSR. The Smith twins will be suited up with the Redhounds when they host Cincinnati (Ohio) Hughes on Friday night.

The former stars at Somerset (Ky.) High left the Bluegrass State following the 2020 season and spent two years in Connecticut where they developed into high-level college football prospects. However, Jacob Smith and Jerod Smith have decided to move home for their final season in high school, and that season will be spent at Corbin. The Redhounds are a legitimate big-time contender in 4A.

However, these two prospects are still committed. Jerod Smith pledged to Michigan on April 25 and Jacob Smith followed on July 13. Despite those commitments to Jim Harbaugh‘s program, Kentucky has a ton of momentum.

Multiple Recruiting Prediction Machine picks have come in for Kentucky, and now the Wildcats are the favorites to ultimately land these two blue-chip prospects. Now that the eligibility issue is out of the way, Mark Stoops and Vince Marrow will be looking to get their spatulas out to complete two significant recruiting wins in the Bluegrass.

We might not have to wait long for this significant recruiting development to occur.

So are they 5th year seniors?
(08-18-2023, 06:35 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]They must have been confident they would be ruled eligible or very fast to get them on the roster on the KHSAA website. This will go a long way imo to giving them a legitimate shot at beating Boyle County for the 4A championship.
Legitimate is not the first word that came to my mind. It was close though, just a couple of letters short of what I was thinking. 

This should mark the end of any transfers being declared ineligible and the KHSHAA should mail out apologies to all of the transfers that they have found ineligible in the past.
They are 5the year seniors that never applied for a Covid waiver the law states they had to apply by June first of what ever year 20 or 21 I can’t remember at the school they were currently enrolled at which would have been Somerset. They moved out of state to a prep school in Connecticut and just reclassified the way all these preps have done in the past. They are legally ineligible to play. They then come back to Somerset for the summer like they do every summer and stay their grandma livers here. They worked out all summer using Somerset facilities. They don’t even stay with their grandma they stay with guy Bailey. Guy Bailey mother wanted to move him because she thought Corbin could get him int EKU. So stoops called Somerset coach and asked him not to put in against them getting eligible. The deal is he is trying to flip them to UK from MI and if they get them to flip they will offer Guy a walk on spot at Uk for helping get this done that is the real deal!
Welcome to the high school transfer portal. This is concrete evidence of bending the rules to help a buddy while other kids have been ruled ineligible for whatever reason. I’m sure next year the KHSAA will enforce the rules again if no one’s buddy has a kid that wants to transfer. The KHSAA is worse than the US Congress with do as I say not as I do. The whole KHSAA system should be revamped.
There's nothing that is more music to mine and Cousin Dougie's ears than a Gibson whine!!!!   Big Grin
(08-19-2023, 05:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing that is more music to mine and Cousin Dougie's ears than a Gibson whine!!!!   Big Grin
TROLL ALERT!!!

[attachment=605]
(08-19-2023, 05:13 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: [ -> ]They are 5the year seniors that never applied for a Covid waiver the law states they had to apply by June first of what ever year 20 or 21 I can’t remember at the school they were currently enrolled at which would have been Somerset. They moved out of state to a prep school in Connecticut and just reclassified the way all these preps have done in the past. They are legally ineligible to play. They then come back to Somerset for the summer like they do every summer and stay their grandma livers here. They worked out all summer using Somerset facilities. They don’t even stay with their grandma they stay with guy Bailey. Guy Bailey mother wanted to move him because she thought Corbin could get him int EKU. So stoops called Somerset coach and asked him not to put in against them getting eligible. The deal is he is trying to flip them to UK from MI and if they get them to flip they will offer Guy a walk on spot at Uk for helping get this done that is the real deal!

LOL!
(08-19-2023, 05:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing that is more music to mine and Cousin Dougie's ears than a Gibson whine!!!!   Big Grin

Big Grin
And yet 2 kids at Western Hills cant even get plead their case to play.
Let em all or don’t let none.
I honestly don’t know why it even matters anymore. The only time it should be stopped is if a kid tries to transfer to a better school during the season. I think once you’re somewhere you should only be eligible to play sports for that school for the year but any other time and it’s fair game
Julian Tackett and the beloved KHSAA will always play nice….. for the right price.
(08-20-2023, 09:30 AM)THOMCAT Wrote: [ -> ]Julian Tackett and the beloved KHSAA will always play nice….. for the right price.
All about the Benjamins !!!!!!!

Let them all play !!!!

#defundkhsaa

Tackett’s bank records look like hunter Biden’s 

Twins should be cleared…. But so should any other kid who wants to play. Remember it’s all about the kids …
[Image: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47bi5rkl7jiz9byja83b....webp&ct=g]I do wish the rules that are already bent in place would be changed to benefit the kids and their families.
(08-20-2023, 12:47 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 09:30 AM)THOMCAT Wrote: [ -> ]Julian Tackett and the beloved KHSAA will always play nice….. for the right price.
All about the Benjamins !!!!!!!

Let them all play !!!!

#defundkhsaa

Tackett’s bank records look like hunter Biden’s 

Twins should be cleared…. But so should any other kid who wants to play. Remember it’s all about the kids …
So, should any out of state player who has played four years of varsity football be allowed to transfer to a Kentucky high school and compete as a fifth-year senior, as long as they meet the age requirements? Should they be eligible before their parents  establish a residence within the district? Or should that depend on UK's recruiting priorities?
Sure ….. why not they are kids !!!!

Do what’s best for the kids …..

Listen I’m a Somerset fan and I think these kids should be at Somerset ,but they don’t and they did what they felt was best for them ….
I’m sure JC has no 5th yr seniors
I’m also sure if the smith boys decided to come to JC you would welcome them with open arms

With or without the twins Haddix owns Tommy. And will out scheme him every day of the week.
(08-20-2023, 01:13 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure ….. why not they are kids !!!!

Listen I’m a Somerset fan and I think these kids should be at Somerset ,but they don’t and they did what they felt was best for  them ….
I’m also sure if the smith boys decided to come to JC you would welcome them with open arms

With or without the twins Haddix owns Tommy. And will out scheme him every day of the week.
Well Cam and Caleb Higgins at Western Hills deserve an apology in writing from KHSAA. They didn’t get to play Friday night and the mother has told her story and it’s a shame the Higgins kids being treated like this and yet the Smith twins are eligible.

Listen I’m a Somerset fan and I think these kids should be at Somerset ,but they don’t and they did what they felt was best for  them ….

It’s hard to disagree with that, I’d hate to lose two kids of that caliber to Somerset but if it put them in a better situation to succeed then they should absolutely take it.  In situations like this I don’t care who wins the 4A trophy kids only get one chance to get it right and the KHSAA shouldn’t stand in the way.  If they’d ever shown me that they could be impartial and enforce the rules across the board I’d be more supportive but all I’ve ever seen is some kids get cleared while others get shafted.  BTW Deuce I’m not at all insinuating that Corbin is a better situation than Somerset, I have all kinds of respect for your new Coach and program.
Don't surprise me. The KHSAA is a joke. Won't be long players will have 5th year and can transfer their 5th year. KHSAA is making a joke of themselves.

Don't pretend to know anything about me. I would hope that the Smith twins would not have been welcomed to play as 5th year seniors by Johnson Central. I have no issue with legitimate transfers, but the Smith twins have no eligibility left.

I was opposed Kentucky's decision to allow parents to apply foir an extra COVID year of eligibility, but for those who followed the rules, including JC's Zack McCoart, then I have no issue with them playing. If the reports are to be believed, including direct quotes from the Smiths own father, the rules were not followed because the did not apply for the COVID year in the required timeframe.

I favor the elimination of the transfer rules entirely, or - better yet - the elimination of the KHSAA - but as long as the rules are in effect, then they should be enforced fairly.

If Corbin wants to win a state title, then they should build a program to develop their own players that can make it happen. Transfers happen, and those who follow the rules should be welcomed by the school of their choice. Unless there has been widespread misreporting, the Smith twins' eligibility is just another reason for abolishing the very political and vert corrupt KHSAA.

And, FYI, 18-year olds are not kids, especially after attending high school for four years. If they are old enough to fight and die for their country, then they qualify as young men.
As most young men that play there Senior years of high schools are still considered someone’s kid and referred to as kids by most. Let them all play. Why rule anyone ineligible? If they have an are within the age limits, let every kid play. It will make for better football.
In fairness, rules should be followed but surely everyone knows by now that’s just a smoke screen.
(08-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]As most young men that play there Senior years of high schools are still considered someone’s kid and referred to as kids by most. Let them all play. Why rule anyone ineligible? If they have an are within the age limits, let every kid play. It will make for better football.
Because they played their last two years out of state and failed to request a COVID year before they left. They have no legitimate right to play another season in Kentucky. Do either of the parents reside in Corbin, or have they been legally emancipated? I understand wanting to win a state title, but I don't understand why the rules don't matter in this particular case.
(08-20-2023, 01:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]In fairness, rules should be followed but surely everyone knows by now that’s just a smoke screen.
It's a smokescreen that has kept players without political connections and with much better cases for eligibility on the sidelines.
(08-20-2023, 02:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]As most young men that play there Senior years of high schools are still considered someone’s kid and referred to as kids by most. Let them all play. Why rule anyone ineligible? If they have an are within the age limits, let every kid play. It will make for better football.
Because they played their last two years out of state and failed to request a COVID year before they left. They have no legitimate right to play another season in Kentucky. Do either of the parents reside in Corbin, or have they been legally emancipated? I understand wanting to win a state title, but I don't understand why the rules don't matter in this particular case.

Your school  has recruited as much as anybody ,and you have whined for days about twins. I can't wait to watch the twins shut your mediocre offense down. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4