Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Smith Twins Cleared to Play.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
JC has gotten as many transfers as anyone.

That being said. Khsaa should completely open the transfer portal after this. Several schools have players in limbo from the next county over, the same county. But they add a Covid year after the deadline for out of state transfers. And they are handled, paperwork complete before in state players.

I am not mad the twins are playing. Just mad that others from other schools are on hold after such as this has happened.
(08-20-2023, 02:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]As most young men that play there Senior years of high schools are still considered someone’s kid and referred to as kids by most. Let them all play. Why rule anyone ineligible? If they have an are within the age limits, let every kid play. It will make for better football.
Because they played their last two years out of state and failed to request a COVID year before they left. They have no legitimate right to play another season in Kentucky. Do either of the parents reside in Corbin, or have they been legally emancipated? I understand wanting to win a state title, but I don't understand why the rules don't matter in this particular case.

Your school  has recruited as much as anybody ,and you have whined for days about twins. I can't wait to watch the twins shut your mediocre offense down. lol
I'm not sure who is the bigger troll, Dougie, you or Old School Hound but you're both contenders for the #1 spot. He is a little smarter than you, but you put out a little more effort.

[attachment=607]
(08-20-2023, 02:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]As most young men that play there Senior years of high schools are still considered someone’s kid and referred to as kids by most. Let them all play. Why rule anyone ineligible? If they have an are within the age limits, let every kid play. It will make for better football.
Because they played their last two years out of state and failed to request a COVID year before they left. They have no legitimate right to play another season in Kentucky. Do either of the parents reside in Corbin, or have they been legally emancipated? I understand wanting to win a state title, but I don't understand why the rules don't matter in this particular case.

Your school  has recruited as much as anybody ,and you have whined for days about twins. I can't wait to watch the twins shut your mediocre offense down. lol
I'm not sure who is the bigger troll, Dougie, you or Old School Hound but you're both contenders for the #1 spot. He is a little smarter than you, but you put out a little more effort.
You call people troll that  call you  on your BS. You should never use the word SMART. With the way you're crying now , I can't wait for playoff time.
(08-20-2023, 02:29 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]JC has gotten as many transfers as anyone. 

That being said.  Khsaa should completely open the transfer portal after this.  Several schools have players in limbo from the next county over, the same county. But they add a Covid year after the deadline for out of state transfers. And they are handled, paperwork complete before in state players. 

I am not mad the twins are playing. Just mad that others from other schools are on hold after such as this has happened.
If JC has any transfers who should be ineligible, then I encourage you to report them. Paintsville has had many transfers from JC over the years, but to my knowledge, JC has never filed any objections. I considered transferring to Paintsville for my senior baseball season, but JC hired a new coach and I stayed.

The Smith twins' circumstances are much different than for typical transfers. Kentucky should not be allowing out of state transfers an extra year of eligibility, while ignoring residency requirements. We agree in general about transfers. Schools would be better overall if they had to compete for students. No student should be held captive in a bad system by disrict boundaries.
(08-20-2023, 02:43 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

You call people troll that  call you  on your BS. You should never use the word SMART. With the way you're crying now , I can't wait for playoff time.
Sure, Douggie, and if Corbin falls on hard times, maybe some other good football program will adopt you as a fan. You are a feable-minded follower basking in the glory of other people's alma maters. Sucks to be you.  Big Grin
(08-20-2023, 02:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:29 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]JC has gotten as many transfers as anyone. 

That being said.  Khsaa should completely open the transfer portal after this.  Several schools have players in limbo from the next county over, the same county. But they add a Covid year after the deadline for out of state transfers. And they are handled, paperwork complete before in state players. 

If JC has any transfers who should be ineligible, then I encourage you to report them. Paintsville has had many transfers from JC over the years, but to my knowledge, JC has never filed any objections. I considered transferring to Paintsville for my senior baseball season, but JC hired a new coach and I stayed.

The Smith twins' circumstances are much different than for typical transfers. Kentucky should not be allowing out of state transfers an extra year of eligibility, while ignoring residency requirements. We agree in general about transfers. Schools would be better overall if they had to compete for students. No student should be held captive in a bad system by disrict boundaries.
Hoot.   No idea if JC has any at all now.   I’m just saying they have had their fair share in the past.   

Did you read past my comment about JC? I’m in agreement with everything else u stated.
(08-20-2023, 02:56 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Hoot.   No idea if JC has any at all now.   I’m just saying they have had their fair share in the past.   

Did you read past my comment about JC? I’m in agreement with everything else u stated.
Like Everybody has had transfers and most schools engage in some recruiting. If the coaching staffs aren't involved then players, boosters, and friends of the programs probably are. My own boys were recruited by two schools while they were at JC. Rules won't stop recruiting.
(08-20-2023, 02:56 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Because they played their last two years out of state and failed to request a COVID year before they left. They have no legitimate right to play another season in Kentucky. Do either of the parents reside in Corbin, or have they been legally emancipated? I understand wanting to win a state title, but I don't understand why the rules don't matter in this particular case.

Sure, Douggie, and if Corbin falls on hard times, maybe some other good football program will adopt you as a fan. You are a feable-minded follower basking in the glory of other people's alma maters. Sucks to be you.  Big Grin

I'm a Colonel until the end. Go buy a box of Kleenex and install a water cooled cushion in your fancy desk chair for when you get your delicate hind end smoked.
People that scream and yell when posters complain about recruiting and transferring; shouldn’t scream and yell when rivals recruit and get transfers!  PERIODT!!!

Does it matter if you repeated twice at Flat Gap or in another state?  If the coach directly recruited a kid or program toadies and hang arounds do the dirty work?

JC used to cherry pick surrounding programs routinely; then offer them $5000 to come over there and play.
(08-20-2023, 03:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Your school  has recruited as much as anybody ,and you have whined for days about twins. I can't wait to watch the twins shut your mediocre offense down. lol

I'm a Colonel until the end. Go buy a box of Kleenex and install a water cooled cushion in your fancy desk chair for when you get your delicate hind end smoked.
Good example of another simple minded insult. It's quantity over quality for you, Douggie. You're not even a good troll.
(08-20-2023, 02:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Your school  has recruited as much as anybody ,and you have whined for days about twins. I can't wait to watch the twins shut your mediocre offense down. lol

Going by your pick’em pick.  I’m not sure if you’re a Whitley County fan this year. Lol
At the end of the day they are Kids ….. yes I said it hoot KIDS …… let the kids play . But let them all play fair for all … you are right stoops and big dawg had a lot to do with this but at the end of the day they are kids and we should let them play ,it’s good for football and good for the state as a whole and oh yeah ……… it’s also good for the KIDS
(08-20-2023, 03:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure who is the bigger troll, Dougie, you or Old School Hound but you're both contenders for the #1 spot. He is a little smarter than you, but you put out a little more effort.

Good example of another simple minded insult. It's quantity over quality for you, Douggie. You're not even a good troll.
You really showed your intelligence there. At this rate you'll melt down before the season starts.
(08-20-2023, 03:28 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure who is the bigger troll, Dougie, you or Old School Hound but you're both contenders for the #1 spot. He is a little smarter than you, but you put out a little more effort.

Going by your pick’em pick.  I’m not sure if you’re a Whitley County fan this year. Lol

I pick teams that have Whitley County players. lol
(08-20-2023, 03:28 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]At the end of the day they are Kids ….. yes I said it hoot KIDS …… let the kids play . But let them all play fair for all … you are right stoops and big dawg had a lot to do with this but at the end of the day they are kids and we should let them play ,it’s good for football and good for the state as a whole and oh yeah ……… it’s also good for the KIDS

Corbin must really have some pull if Stoops is recruiting for them. lol
(08-20-2023, 03:24 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]People that scream and yell when posters complain about recruiting and transferring; shouldn’t scream and yell when rivals recruit and get transfers!  PERIODT!!!

Does it matter if you repeated twice at Flat Gap or in another state?  If the coach directly recruited a kid or program toadies and hang arounds do the dirty work?

JC used to cherry pick surrounding programs routinely; then offer them $5000 to come over there and play.
Sure, JC is paying players to transfer.  Big Grin JC is the best county school system in their area academically and they have the best football program from the elementary level through high school.

I'm guessing that your team didn't have much success on the field, so you are repeating wild allegations without evidence as an excuse. I am not saying that JC has never recruited or that transfers have not contributed to their success, but your allegations are pathetic.
The money was offered to the schools from whom they had recruited kids from not the kids- simpleton.

Not a wild allegation; 100% fact.
(08-20-2023, 04:11 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]The money was offers to the schools from whom they had recruited kids from not the kids- simpleton.

Not a wild allegation; 100% fact.
You don't need to sign your posts as simpleton. People will draw their own conclusions.
Your two-sided view: rules for thee but not for me is PATHETIC. I’m just calling it as it IS; not as I see it.

I don’t need to; therefore I do not- simpleton.
(08-20-2023, 04:13 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Your two-sided view:  rules for thee but not for me is PATHETIC.  I’m just calling it as it IS; not as I see it.

I don’t need to; therefore I do not- simpleton.
There you go again. - Hoot

Your allegation that JC is paying other schools for allowing them to poach their players makes absolutely no sense, simpleton.
With your narrow mind and small world view. I’m not surprised you’re having trouble comprehending it. So, let me break it down for you….really really slowly.

JC has RECRUITED some of the best players from surrounding schools for years. Then, had the audacity to try and pay at least ONE of those schools to come over there and play a game.

Do you understand now- Hootelton?

(Notice how I meshed the words because they have now became synonymous)
I was gonna posts a couple different times on here but the readings getting really really good. I need to bum some of your popcorn Bull….
(08-20-2023, 04:24 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]With your narrow mind and small world view.  I’m not surprised you’re having trouble comprehending it.  So, let me break it down for you….really really slowly.

JC has RECRUITED some of the best players from surrounding schools for years.  Then, had the audacity to try and pay at least ONE of those schools to come over there and play a game.

Do you understand now- Hootelton?

(Notice how I meshed the words because they have now became synonymous)
No need to type slowly on my account - I attended a school with an excellent English department. What I see is a frustrated former football player grasping for an excuse for his own school's lack of success. I'm not saying that you're a liar, I just don't think you know what you are talking about.

Johnson Central attracts students from nearby schools because it is the often the best alternative in the area for them. Johnson Central has lost more students to Paintsville than it has gained, including some of the best athletes in PHS history - and I don't blame them for making that decision. Paintsville is a great school academically and some people prefer smaller schools.

You really seem bitter over Johnson Central's football success. That bitterness is not good for one's heart.
(08-20-2023, 04:38 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I was gonna posts a couple different times on here but the readings getting really really good.  I need to bum some of your popcorn Bull….

[Image: th?id=OIP.hIBq_rXiCh3SN06VtipcKwAAAA&w=2...d=3.1&rm=2]
Good stuff, guys. Gonna be a fun season if it's this good already, after just one week. Can't wait til October and November.
(08-20-2023, 04:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 04:38 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I was gonna posts a couple different times on here but the readings getting really really good.  I need to bum some of your popcorn Bull….

[Image: th?id=OIP.hIBq_rXiCh3SN06VtipcKwAAAA&w=2...d=3.1&rm=2]
[Image: 200.gif]

They are throwing slams for sure about this one..... Smile
[Image: animated_5000-500-1.gif]

Smile If it works, go for it!!
No bird can fly so high that it doesn't have to land, and the eagle has landed. The owl will be in a straight jacket before October.
(08-20-2023, 03:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 03:28 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 02:43 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]You call people troll that  call you  on your BS. You should never use the word SMART. With the way you're crying now , I can't wait for playoff time.

I pick teams that have Whitley County players. lol
Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4