Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 1 A Championship Pikeville 43 Paintsville 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Final
Congrats. Wire to wire. Nice job Panthers!
Congrats to Panthers. Called this last December
Complete domination from the first snap of the game by the Panthers.

I think maybe the big stage got to the Tigers and it worsened after back-to-back punches thrown by Pikeville within the first few minutes of the game. Paintsville just isn’t built to stage that kind of comeback and they just couldn’t do anything with McNamee, Hensley, or Raines.

Great season both teams. Congrats to Pikeville on a historic season!
Congratulations Pikeville! Super impressed with that team and staff.
impressive performance by the defense, our young QB, and some amazing athletes.
I told you so.
Congrats to both teams!! How in the world did KCD end up # 1 for regular season? Both schools and communities should be really proud of you young men😀🏈
Hambley Wrote:impressive performance by the defense, our young QB, and some amazing athletes.

You got that right. Very impressed by that coaching staff! Heck of a game plan for this championship.
All year it’s been Pikeville and then everyone else. Today showed that. Way too much firepower to match their playmakers and have great skill players all around.
Wow ! What can you say other than Congratulations to The Pikeville Panthers on Championship #5! This team has been just special this season. This group of Seniors going out has done a great job in leadership. They set a fine example and showed what it takes to bring home the Big one ! Coach Mac and staff have really done an excellent job with these young men all season long, and look at where it's led them. Paintsville has had a great season, and has a very strong team. The Tigers will be a force to reckon with next season with what experience they have returning. Don't want to bring up another debate on which Panther team is the best, or anything close to that. We appreciate the young men in all teams over the years, and there were some stronger than others. However, I think it's safe to say the 2019 State Champion Panthers must be right up there with any that's excelled on the field wearing the maroon and white.

14-0 State Champs! 5th Championship title! 43-0 shutout! :1::1::1::1::1:: WOW !!
Congratulations Pikeville!!! Great season.
Congrats to Pikeville. Thought they would win, but not by that large of margin.
Congratulations Pikeville Panthers :Cheerlead
Spud6 Wrote:All year it’s been Pikeville and then everyone else. Today showed that. Way too much firepower to match their playmakers and have great skill players all around.

Facts
Don’t know how I was way off on my predictions 49-14
Pikeville came to prove a point!! Those young men wanted to SHOW EVERYONE & leave NO DOUBT that the Pikeville Panthers are without question THE BEST football team in 1A!! Congratulations to the Pikeville players, coaching staff, fans & the entire Pikeville community, once again you are State Champions!!
Congratulations Panthers. Paintsville didn’t help themselves but it wasn’t going to matter today. Very solid team this year from the Panthers. Hopefully they have about 30 seniors!
I knew Pikeville would win but definitely didn't expect it to be so lopsided...total domination from the opening kickoff.

Congrats Paintsville on a great season, you guys will be right back in the hunt next year.

On a side note...prayers for the Mariott Griffin Gate staff tonight, that place will be rowdy tonight.
To all my Paintsville friends; Congratulations on an outstanding season!! You have a lot of reasons to be proud of your team & community!! You have an outstanding bunch of young men who fought their guts out all year, & even though they are runner up, everyone involved with the Paintsville Tiger football program are winners!! And to be honest, from everything I’ve seen & heard, the state better be on notice, bc the 2020 Tigers are coming for revenge!!
2000PHS Wrote:Congratulations Panthers. Paintsville didn’t help themselves but it wasn’t going to matter today. Very solid team this year from the Panthers. Hopefully they have about 30 seniors!

I think they had around 18 seniors or so...I honestly believe this is year 1 of a multiyear run for the Panthers but the gap between them and the pack won't be as wide next season.
I also want to congratulate Painstville on a great season. :Cheerlead
Pikeville's quick score early in the game from the Paintsville fumble appeared to knock the Tigers back on their heels. They just could never recover. This year will be good experience for them growing their program.

Congratulations Pikeville!!!!
Paintsville fumbling the first play for a TD Pikeville really killed them. But Paintsville looked dead in this one. Looked like they weren’t fully awake or were sluggish I don’t know how to describe it but in all honesty it looked like they knew they were beat before the game ever started.
pjdoug Wrote:I told you so.

A broken clocks right twice a day PJ. You’ve “told” ALL season just happen to finally get one right! 😂
I think playing in last years state title game was a big advantage for Pikeville...If Paintsville returns to Commonwealth Stadium next season, and i think both these teams have a great shot, they will be better off because of today’s game. By the time Paintsville adjusted to the bright lights of Commonwealth Stadium today the game was 21-0 and over.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:A broken clocks right twice a day PJ. You’ve “told” ALL season just happen to finally get one right! 😂
I'm right very often Smile
no shame in finishing 2nd. many teams wish they could have played on that stage. Congrats to Pikeville!!!
and hoping Pburg made it out without serious injury
Hey Suge....how do u like ur crow???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8