Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 1 A Championship Pikeville 43 Paintsville 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Got to see this game in person. Pikeville could compete in the 1st three classes without missing a beat. Not saying they could win them all, but they would be very competitive.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I would have to agree Otis. Possibly some time off and how the title game went, could cause a change of heart. Who knows? Even though Pikeville is a much larger school than Paintsville, One of the big differences between the two are, if your an athlete at Pikeville in the fall, for the most part, your on the football field! Paintsville has quite a few that would be difference makers that just don’t play. You could see the difference looking at both sidelines. Pikeville has Double the amount of kids on their roster. Paintsville needs to figure out how to get those extra athletes onto the field. In a 1A program you need Every one you can get!
I think losing a coach that helped change the culture of that school is a tough blow to take. Not just for coaching, but the person I’m alluding to helped a lot of kids get scholarship opportunities from what I have been told.

To go from where that program was at, to making it to the championship game speaks volumes of the work that was put in. Your 100 percent accurate when you say that it’s imperative for a small school to get the absolute best athletes to play ball.
We all know Jet has a screw loose but he was dead on all year. Pikeville 2019 better than 2015? I think so. I think the better question is 2019 vs 87,88,89
kywvfan Wrote:We all know Jet has a screw loose but he was dead on all year. Pikeville 2019 better than 2015? I think so. I think the better question is 2019 vs 87,88,89

JetPilot don’t have no screws loose he has to have a check up ever so many of flier miles
Tica Wrote:Got to see this game in person. Pikeville could compete in the 1st three classes without missing a beat. Not saying they could win them all, but they would be very competitive.

Personally I think Pikeville would have won 2A but who knows, Somerset is real good.. If Hazard would be generous enough to host, I think they should meet next Friday night for the small school state title...been a while since a meaningful game was played on their field with no leaves on the trees. :redboxer: Obviously I'm just joking about them playing.

I don't think Pikeville would beat Belfy with Dixon but it would be a helluva game and you never know...I think they would have beat anyone in 3A though besides Belfry.
PHSFAN Wrote:Personally I think Pikeville would have won 2A but who knows, Somerset is real good.. If Hazard would be generous enough to host, I think they should meet next Friday night for the small school state title...been a while since a meaningful game was played on their field with no leaves on the trees. :redboxer: Obviously I'm just joking about them playing.

I don't think Pikeville would beat Belfy with Dixon but it would be a helluva game and you never know...I think they would have beat anyone in 3A though besides Belfry.

Desales would have been really tough with that great pass rush
PHSFAN Wrote:Personally I think Pikeville would have won 2A but who knows, Somerset is real good.. If Hazard would be generous enough to host, I think they should meet next Friday night for the small school state title...been a while since a meaningful game was played on their field with no leaves on the trees. :redboxer: Obviously I'm just joking about them playing.

December Pikeville and December/Healthy Belfry would be a 100 point game, IMO. Very entertaining to say the least.

1987 Pikeville was considered top 2 regardless of class. Let’s not get crazy on here.
Has Pikeville ever considered or would they consider moving up to 2a like Mayfield and Beechwood done? I mean it wasn't really fair having a team like that in 1a. Everyone else was just playing for 2nd place. Almost like Trinity in 6a most years. They should still roll through a district in 2a with teams like Shelby Valley, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, and Martin County. It would be fun to see Pikeville in 2a.
Spud6 Wrote:Desales would have been really tough with that great pass rush

That is true...admittedly I forgot about DesSales...that would've been another great game.
pirateforlife Wrote:Has Pikeville ever considered or would they consider moving up to 2a like Mayfield and Beechwood done? I mean it wasn't really fair having a team like that in 1a. Everyone else was just playing for 2nd place. Almost like Trinity in 6a most years. They should still roll through a district in 2a with teams like Shelby Valley, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, and Martin County. It would be fun to see Pikeville in 2a.

Pikeville fans correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve always heard Pikeville has a wait list of students that want to enter the school district and they could jump to 2A if they desired. Pikeville athletics speak for themselves but it is also an excellent academic system.
pirateforlife Wrote:Has Pikeville ever considered or would they consider moving up to 2a like Mayfield and Beechwood done? I mean it wasn't really fair having a team like that in 1a. Everyone else was just playing for 2nd place. Almost like Trinity in 6a most years. They should still roll through a district in 2a with teams like Shelby Valley, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, and Martin County. It would be fun to see Pikeville in 2a.

I would be cool with it...I don't see that happening though.

With the current alignment and what Pikeville has coming up talent wise they are gonna be tough to beat in Class A. This past season was fun though so I say wait a few years and then revisit that lol
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville fans correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve always heard Pikeville has a wait list of students that want to enter the school district and they could jump to 2A if they desired. Pikeville athletics speak for themselves but it is also an excellent academic system.

That's my understanding, I think they could easily move up to 2A numbers wise if they wanted because of their academic reputation and results.
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville fans correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve always heard Pikeville has a wait list of students that want to enter the school district and they could jump to 2A if they desired. Pikeville athletics speak for themselves but it is also an excellent academic system.

Indeed they do have a waitlist for kids to get into the school.

Beechwood dominated for YEARS before moving to class 2A
Hambley Wrote:Beechwood dominated for YEARS before moving to class 2A

No doubt....I wish Beechwood could have waited 1 more year before they moved to 2A though lol.
congratulations
PHSFAN Wrote:No doubt....I wish Beechwood could have waited 1 more year before they moved to 2A though lol.

Why would you want that?
Patriot1 Wrote:Why would you want that?

I’m assuming he wanted revenge Patriot
Patriot1 Wrote:Why would you want that?

Revenge is a dish best served cold and it was pretty cold on Friday at Commonwealth Stadium.

I'm pretty confident we would have spanked those Tigers also.
Pikeville has won 2 Championships in Class A in 29 years. Win 7 or so in 10 years and then talk about it. As of now it was one very good team. Let’s not get crazy.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville has won 2 Championships in Class A in 29 years. Win 7 or so in 10 years and then talk about it. As of now it was one very good team. Let’s not get crazy.

Exactly. This team is an outlier that they got a great group of kids together through all classes and then Tinsleys family moving back home as well to add to it? So many things happened perfectly for this team to just be way better than everyone else by a long shot.
2000PHS Wrote:December Pikeville and December/Healthy Belfry would be a 100 point game, IMO. Very entertaining to say the least.

1987 Pikeville was considered top 2 regardless of class. Let’s not get crazy on here.
Would be well worth the price of the ticket. I have never said this team was as good or better than the 1987 team or the 2015 team that I can remember. Comparing teams that are a generation apart is pointless anyway.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville has won 2 Championships in Class A in 29 years. Win 7 or so in 10 years and then talk about it. As of now it was one very good team. Let’s not get crazy.

Did someone hack your account haha...

While 2 in 29 is correct, I believe 4 regional titles and semifinal appearances in the last 5 years and 3 trips to the finals with two state championships and a state runner up in that span more accurately depicts where the program is right now. 56 wins over that span as well, much more than a matter of one very good team.

I do agree to not get crazy. I hope they stay hungry and go get another one next year.
2000PHS Wrote:December Pikeville and December/Healthy Belfry would be a 100 point game, IMO. Very entertaining to say the least.

This team is 7th overall, so it isn't crazy. Although I don't think anyone is claiming this team is better. Two completely different teams from two completely different eras, but same result - undefeated state champions.
Impossible to know which team was better, and it doesn't matter anyway.

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
Have to get in one more trash talk post haha then it's on to basketball...

Top 3 creature mysteries:

1A - Has anyone really ever seen the Sasquatch?
1B - Is there really a Loch Ness monster or are all those blurry pictures fake?
1C - WHERE IN THE WORLD IS RALPH FURLEY???

Confusednicker:
PHSFAN Wrote:Revenge is a dish best served cold and it was pretty cold on Friday at Commonwealth Stadium.

I'm pretty confident we would have spanked those Tigers also.
I NEVER took you as someone who spoke Klingon!!!

jetpilot Wrote:Have to get in one more trash talk post haha then it's on to basketball...

Confusednicker:
1A-Yes.
1B-He existed; not sure about currently
1C-who?
Granny Bear Wrote:I NEVER took you as someone who spoke Klingon!!!

1A-Yes.
1B-He existed; not sure about currently
1C-who?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...tcount=271

This guy lol.
jetpilot Wrote:Did someone hack your account haha...

While 2 in 29 is correct, I believe 4 regional titles and semifinal appearances in the last 5 years and 3 trips to the finals with two state championships and a state runner up in that span more accurately depicts where the program is right now. 56 wins over that span as well, much more than a matter of one very good team.

I do agree to not get crazy. I hope they stay hungry and go get another one next year.
Lol no doubt! PHS Football is back to a level that few would have thought possible in 2008/2009. My poor choice of words rather was to say that it isn’t like PHS has has no competition in Class A over those last five years to warrant a move up. Let’s keep doing what we are doing for a while before worrying about that. Heck, enrollment may do it for us as I believe we are close to the top of Class A.

Couldn’t be more proud of what Coach Mac has done to revive Panther Football.
jetpilot Wrote:This team is 7th overall, so it isn't crazy. Although I don't think anyone is claiming this team is better. Two completely different teams from two completely different eras, but same result - undefeated state champions.
Impossible to know which team was better, and it doesn't matter anyway.

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
ATL, you are more of a calpreps guru than I (although I believe it should be used in place of the RPI if we want to keep this rating system), I assume this is this Pikeville’s best finish since calpreps began around 2000? Both State and Nationally.
jetpilot Wrote:Have to get in one more trash talk post haha then it's on to basketball...

Confusednicker:

Live look at Ralph leaving Commonwealth after that carpet bombing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8