Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What's your thoughts??
They lose a solid senior class full of linebackers, n a DB and some lineman.. But they return quite a bit who saw good playing time.. I look for them to be more balanced in the passing game, but I think the defense will be the weak point..
The question now is, can they win their region?
Well it's williamsburgs to lose but they got play them at hazard..
That will be on turf instead of mud.
mysonis55 Wrote:That will be on turf instead of mud.

55 hazard is 2-0 in basketball playing on hard wood and looking pretty good this time of year. Confusednicker:
Didn't take you long to REBOUND.
Hazard had a young ab that exceeded expectations. Williamsburg returns a fair amount but losing the QB will be a blow. He was a very smart player. I think with what Hazard loses vs what Wburg looses, it stays the same. Wburg has the respect of the state now. There is however, the fact that Hazard hasnt lost a home playoff game in idk how long. I think Wburg may have the edge as far as returning atheletes. Hazard will still be a factor.
Jones coming back makes Hazard a contender. Tanner Morgan no longer being a freshmen will also make them much better. Hudson is a big loss. He was very tough to match up with. Arnett, Meehan, and Roll each accounted for 100 tackles. It will be hard to replace all three of them. Hazard has one of the best coaching staffs in the state so I expect them to be very good next year.
The Qb can only get better and I think he will be able to throw to many different receivers and not just lock on to one target.. He should have several good targets to throw too.. Blanton, Higgins, Johnson, Fletcher,and maybe Olinger some.But Defense is what hazard must work on.. I also noticed that the Childers kid improved tremendously through out the year and should will one of the linebacker spots pretty well.
When is the last time Hazard has been without and Olinger? Seems like there's one in every class!
Hazard has an Olinger on the the Jalen. :Cheerlead
Having Jones is Hazards saving grace next year.
wildcat12 Wrote:Having Jones is Hazards saving grace next year.

Jones stand alone look for a long season for hazard next year.64SUR hazard will be down bad. Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:When is the last time Hazard has been without and Olinger? Seems like there's one in every class!

I know in my memory, it seemed like the Olinger name was mentioned almost every season since the early 90's.
It will be Williamsburg playing Hazard for the region title for the foreseeable future. I think Hazard is a very tough team, and next year will be no exception.
Hazard will go about 11-2 or 12-2 next year. Looks like another bad year. Hahaha
Same story, different verse. As far as their region goes, simply the fact that they return their QB and RB, im beginning to lean towards them. Eing aboe to get back their regional title. Wouldnt be suprised to see that Williamsburg def sht them down again, but I have a feeling a few offseason camps, some work in the weightroom, and Tanner morgan will be a force to be reconned with next season. Ints will be down, TDs up. If you look at the regions, its pretty good football really. I expect:

Mayfield vs Rville
Beechwood vs Frankfort
Raceland vs Pikeville
Hazard vs Williamsburg

Next season should be a good one!
Scotty that looks real similar to this year. As long as Dixon is at Hazard they will be a player in the East.
Who does Hazard play in the Pike County Bowl?

It has to be either Belfry or Pike Central I would presume. Either way you should get an idea of what kind of team Hazard has back right away in that game...
This past season was odd. I think Hazards youth at the QB position had alot to do with it. I still have ahard time grasping how they gave up 60 pts to Pikeville and Fairview.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:This past season was odd. I think Hazards youth at the QB position had alot to do with it. I still have ahard time grasping how they gave up 60 pts to Pikeville and Fairview.

Very hard game to start out with.. It was Hazards first game and Pikeville had the Prestonsburg game under there belt. Plus neither team really stopped one another.. But teams has self inforced turnovers except a int for a td and a fumble taken away by the estep kid.. Hazard give up a couple special team touchdowns to Fairview and only allowed 2 tds and a field goal.. Hazard got away from the run....
^ I am hoping to see the qb develop a bit more and actually throw the ball all over there field.. instead of having only 1 target mainly..
bac2369 Wrote:^ I am hoping to see the qb develop a bit more and actually throw the ball all over there field.. instead of having only 1 target mainly..

I agree 64SUR...:pondering:
MERRY CHRISTMAS HAZARD FROM 64SUR. :truestory:
Merry Christmas to the Williamsburg faithful!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Who does Hazard play in the Pike County Bowl?

It has to be either Belfry or Pike Central I would presume. Either way you should get an idea of what kind of team Hazard has back right away in that game...
Pikeville.

Belfry and PC switch opponents. ER and PHS keep the same.
So Hazard will play Pikeville again???
bac2369 Wrote:So Hazard will play Pikeville again???
Unless I misunderstood the circumstances that surrounded all the shifts in the PCB last year, yes.

It could be worse for the Dawgs. They still get a nice paycheck to play. Free T-shirts. A chance to play on live-TV, etc... etc...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Unless I misunderstood the circumstances that surrounded all the shifts in the PCB last year, yes.

It could be worse for the Dawgs. They still get a nice paycheck to play. Free T-shirts. A chance to play on live-TV, etc... etc...

I guess that will work..but personally it would't have bothered me one bit to see these games next year:

Somerset vs. Pikeville
PC vs. Hazard
Belfry vs. Henry Clay

3 very good match-ups IMHO
I wish Raceland could get into a bowl like the PCC. In our area though, football for the most part, has fallen way below where it was in the 90s. Back then, you had two things going for ya, a better economy(allowed schools to be able to affored travel exp over greater distances), and better football among the area teams. Ashland, Raceland, Russell and Fairview are really the only teams from the area who have been competitive in the last several seasons. Ashland plays JC, but Russell, Fairview, Raceland dont in the regular season. Raceland and Russell renewed their old series, onl to have it dropped again after 6 years. All of these teams, at the least, play another team from the list. After that, they all pretty much take turns beating the crap out of Greenup Co and both West/East Carter. Recently Raceland has made trips over the river into ohio for games. NEKY, imo, is by far the weakest football area in the state. Wish their were more schools, especially single A schools in the area with qualit programs like thise who participate in the PCB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10