Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pretty even, if it were not for the 5 interceptions. The ground game for the cards had 2 huge problems. First and more important than anything was missing the 2 starters on the line to broken ankles. The second was the injury to JJ. This played right into the Dawgs hands. We could not go side to side like usual and they were very big up the middle. When you dont have your best linemen in there, you are not gonna get the push you are accustomed to. That is the game in a nutshell.
Unlike Williamsburg last year Hazard in 2010 had over 300 yards in that game and still got thumped. 2 INTS and Several fumbles that lead to TDS. Williamsburg only had 165 yards of offense.. Hazard moved the ball but when mistakes happen against a team like that there is no coming back...
You are exactly right. Hazard showed flashes that year. I think they just had not seen a team with our kind of speed that year. They were used to being faster than everyone they played. They tried to overcompensate and thus fumbled a lot. The burg on the other hand just had no idea what to do to stop us. I enjoyed the Hazard game, the first one of course. I didn't enjoy last years like that. It was not what you expect to see at that level.
Figured I would bump hazard back to the top and tell you there two scrimmage opponents..

Both are away Belfry and North Laurel..
Not bad. That is how you schedule things. Coach Dixon will beef up a schedule.
North Laurel was solid last year but should be even better this year so they will be better than last year and Belfry is Belfry always good and always tough.
That's how you get better.
Only can get better if you play better competition..
bac2369 Wrote:Unlike Williamsburg last year Hazard in 2010 had over 300 yards in that game and still got thumped. 2 INTS and Several fumbles that lead to TDS. Williamsburg only had 165 yards of offense.. Hazard moved the ball but when mistakes happen against a team like that there is no coming back...

Williamsburg had no power running game to shorten the game
I'm not so sure that it was a problem with their running game. I think that was just the way they played, up tempo. They did not have a problem running the ball. They had a problem holding on to the ball.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm not so sure that it was a problem with their running game. I think that was just the way they played, up tempo. They did not have a problem running the ball. They had a problem holding on to the ball.

they definitely had a problem with the line and running game. Mayfield defense was taking the handoff every play lol
I think it was the way they ran the ball. Its hard to run against a fast defense out of the gun, especially when their in ur backfield as much as you r. I watched the gsme again awhile back and it seemed if they had went from undercenter and used some quick dives and traps they could have found a little stability. Thats what Russellville did. The reason for Such a major blowout of Wburg was turnovers and a lack of run game Not a lack of tallet or size. Most of their running game last season relied on passing plays breaking down and Dalton making something out of nothing as well, Mayfield simply had the ability to cover 1 on 1 and their dline and lbs were able to stop the run without any help. Thats my analysis...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think it was the way they ran the ball. Its hard to run against a fast defense out of the gun, especially when their in ur backfield as much as you r. I watched the gsme again awhile back and it seemed if they had went from undercenter and used some quick dives and traps they could have found a little stability. Thats what Russellville did. The reason for Such a major blowout of Wburg was turnovers and a lack of run game Not a lack of tallet or size. Most of their running game last season relied on passing plays breaking down and Dalton making something out of nothing as well, Mayfield simply had the ability to cover 1 on 1 and their dline and lbs were able to stop the run without any help. Thats my analysis...

right.that's why I said they had no power running game to control the clock and shorten the game :Thumbs:
If you look back they had some really good running plays when they stayed between the tackles.
Mayfields biggest strength was their only weakness(i use that term very loosely btw) lots of speed. Sometimes it hard to control urself if u are DL guy and are alot faster than the OL in front of u, it can make it easy to over persue. Thats what I saw in the MF/Rville game tape. When Rville had success, they took advantage of that. MF made the right adjustments though and got their kids to slow down. Guess Wburg didnt get that film though.
I think the dvd player was broken.
Lol. Over pursuing can be hard thing to break. When I was cosching my nephews 4th grade team, we ran a 5-2 gap control defense. It was so hard to teach the defensive ends how to contain without them shooting 6 or 7 yards up field, leaving a wide open d gap.

What really impresses me with the likes of Mayfield, Beechwood, NCC, Trinity, Highlands and the like, are their abilities to make adjustmets o the fly. Tht comes down to incredibly intelligent football players. Its one thig for a coach to see an issue and know how to fix it, its quite another to have a 16/17 year old kid understand exactl how things have to change and then execute the new plan, when he has spent a week focusing on learning somethin else. I was really impressed with Mayfield's adjustments and dominance in the 2nd half of the Frankfort game.
That is the way we play. We use the first quarter or so to figure out what they are doing. Our coaches make the best halftime adjustments I've seen.
Whats hazard off season program like. U all go to camps? 7 on 7? I think Morgsn has potential to be an outstanding QB ifhe gets his feet under him.
Maybe some one closer can fill in?
Would be pleasant if the Hazard and Fairview people would join their own threads!
mysonis55 Wrote:If you look back they had some really good running plays when they stayed between the tackles.

I must have been in the vehicle trying to thaw out Smile
The first drive had two of them. The second the rb fumbled on though. When they got hurt was when they tried to get around the ends. We were fast everywhere that year.
Spoke to Brandon Jones yesterday and asked if he had any offers?He said no but several are interested. Kid has added probably about 15lbs of muscle and maybe growed a few inches.
bac2369 Wrote:Spoke to Brandon Jones yesterday and asked if he had any offers?He said no but several are interested. Kid has added probably about 15lbs of muscle and maybe growed a few inches.

Brandon will get a nice offer he is an awesome running back for sure....:Cheerlead
Will be tough for the burg to stop him this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Will be tough for the burg to stop him this year.

Williamsburg defense will be much better this year mysonis55....I know something that you have know clue about....The East. :popcorn:
I got plenty of experience with the east. We have seen their best team for the last five years in a row in the final game of the year.
Hazard fans are being awful quite about this upcoming season....Williamsburg is coming for a few bullldawgs.....Confusednicker:
That is not a good sign for the burg 64. We have been there before. The dogs went on the hunt for us and got even. They are now on the hunt for orange jackets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10