Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Highlands 11/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts? Predictions?
I would love to see the Tomcats pull off the upset, but I just don't see it happening. The Tomcats may stay close for a half if they can put together some drives, but Highlands's depth is a big hurdle for most teams to overcome. For Ashland to have a chance, they will need to dominate the time of possession and avoid turnovers.
Highlands will take advantage of every mistake made in a football game, no matter who their opposition is!! Ashland must play mistake free, if they are going to make a run!
Highlands by 35.
Last year Ashland should have had the lead at halftime but didn't. FTH depth will probably be too much for us but hoping that we play mistake free and they have a BAD BAD game!!
T-CATS Wrote:Last year Ashland should have had the lead at halftime but didn't. FTH depth will probably be too much for us but hoping that we play mistake free and they have a BAD BAD game!!
Maybe Ashland will catch Highlands looking ahead to its next game. Warren Central showed that Highlands has trouble with speedy backs and Baker is as speedy as there is in the state.
Birds by at least 4 TDs!
Highlands rolls.
What is the status of baker I know he didn't play in the second half against holmes
FT Highlands will hoist up another championship throphy. Boyle Co, Russell Co or Lex Cath will punch them in the mouth in the state semis.... but Bluebirds will deliver the knock out punch in the end.
I would love to see a school from our area knock off a power like Highlands but realistically I don't see Ashland doing it this year. Maybe in a couple of years when this young Ashland team develops they may have a chance but this year things will be ugly and Highlands will likely name the score in this one.
No contest.
From a Raceland Ram fan, would love to see the Tomcats upset FTH but realistically, there is no chance. If Baker is 100% and has the game of his life, maybe Ashland keeps it close. But I gotta take FTH big

TCats -22
Blue Birds - 56
Highlands by 40+ that all you need to know.
Highlands big.
FBfan4life Wrote:FT Highlands will hoist up another championship throphy. Boyle Co, Russell Co or Lex Cath will punch them in the mouth in the state semis.... but Bluebirds will deliver the knock out punch in the end.

I think you forgot about some eagles over in Johnson county that want nothing more than to beat the ole blue birds
Realistically a big mismatch. This isn't the year for the cats to challenge the bluebirds in a year or 2 things may different. Regardless of the outcome these boys should be proud. They have exceeded expectations this season and should only be better in years to come. Go play with pride and without fear and represent our community well cats.
KCCFootball Wrote:I think you forgot about some eagles over in Johnson county that want nothing more than to beat the ole blue birds

Highlands, 56-14
Highlands by 60
Highlands did not look real good last night, IMO. Drew was not throwing the ball well, under threw a lot and should have been INT 4-5 times. Have to wonder if his shoulder is still sore. First and second string RB's did not play but soph RB Kendale looked good. Still a lot of starters on D out. It will be interesting to see who plays and who does not next week.
Highlands by 30.
sstack Wrote:Highlands did not look real good last night, IMO. Drew was not throwing the ball well, under threw a lot and should have been INT 4-5 times. Have to wonder if his shoulder is still sore. First and second string RB's did not play but soph RB Kendale looked good. Still a lot of starters on D out. It will be interesting to see who plays and who does not next week.
Highlands is so deep, 2nd stringers are still pretty good
If they play 2nd stringers against us and not their starters we have a shot to stay in the game if not pull the upset!! A lot of these kids were on the sidelines if not battling them on the field last year and know what they are walking into!!
Great year tomcats. Have a great off season! Highlands wins by 4-5 TD's
NCC 37 ASHLAND 26 enough said.
^
Confusednicker:
sstack Wrote:NCC 37 ASHLAND 26 enough said.

C'mon Stack, always thought you were a good Bird fan? That looks like a WIDE post to me...
hop24 Wrote:C'mon Stack, always thought you were a good Bird fan? That looks like a WIDE post to me...

Not trying to put NCC down. Great program and great team in 2A, they just are not on the same level as Highlands. A lot of HHS fans go to NCC's games since they play a lot on Saturday's, so it is not blind predictions HHS fans are making. If Ashland can't beat NCC, it will be very difficult to keep in the game with HHS.
hop24 Wrote:C'mon Stack, always thought you were a good Bird fan? That looks like a WIDE post to me...

I guess that did come across a little harsh and WIDE sounding not that I went back and looked at it.
Ashland has no chance, running clock first half.
Pages: 1 2 3 4