Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Highlands 11/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
sstack Wrote:I guess that did come across a little harsh and WIDE sounding not that I went back and looked at it.

Confusednicker: I got a chuckle out of it.
KCCFootball Wrote:I think you forgot about some eagles over in Johnson county that want nothing more than to beat the ole blue birds

Let's assume that JC gets past Cov Cath. By the time JC and Highlands play in their regional finals. FT Highlands starters are rested, while JC is recovering from winning vs Cov cath but banged up from a hard fought win. Whatcha think big guy?
Football Junky Wrote:Highlands is so deep, 2nd stringers are still pretty good

That what drawing kids in does for ya wink wink
FBfan4life Wrote:Let's assume that JC gets past Cov Cath. By the time JC and Highlands play in their regional finals. FT Highlands starters are rested, while JC is recovering from winning vs Cov cath but banged up from a hard fought win. Whatcha think big guy?

And these valuable words of wisdom coming from the guy who gets confused with whatever is being discussed in the thread at hand....Just so you can keep up with the subject here FBsmartbutt4life, it's about the Ashland @ Highland game...Just letting you know so you don't get confused and think this is the Bengals/Ravens thread...Just trying to be helpful, I know how you struggle to keep focused..

Whatcha think big guy?:popcorn:
Ashland has the best running back in the state. Baker is a human highlight film. If, and I stress if, Ashland can play mistake free and get some HHS turnovers, the have the talent and size offensively to beat them.

Unfortunately, HHS pulls away in the 2nd half and wins 49-21.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Ashland has the best running back in the state. Baker is a human highlight film. If, and I stress if, Ashland can play mistake free and get some HHS turnovers, the have the talent and size offensively to beat them.

Quinton baker may be the best RB in the state. But not much else around him.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Ashland has the best running back in the state. Baker is a human highlight film. If, and I stress if, Ashland can play mistake free and get some HHS turnovers, the have the talent and size offensively to beat them.

Baker is dangerous, that's for sure, but the best in the state is a reach. He is too tender, and odds are he won't finish the game
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Baker is dangerous, that's for sure, but the best in the state is a reach. He is too tender, and odds are he won't finish the game
He's super quick, there is no denying that...But I did not see him as being able to break many tackles. I'm sure he will get stronger as he ages.
Bob Seger Wrote:He's super quick, there is no denying that...But I did not see him as being able to break many tackles. I'm sure he will get stronger as he ages.

He doesn't really run over people but he does have some elusiveness he will be much stronger the next two years and I would say you would see some more broke tackles.
What year is Baker?
Spirit100 Wrote:What year is Baker?
Sophomore!!
Bob Seger Wrote:And these valuable words of wisdom coming from the guy who gets confused with whatever is being discussed in the thread at hand....Just so you can keep up with the subject here FBsmartbutt4life, it's about the Ashland @ Highland game...Just letting you know so you don't get confused and think this is the Bengals/Ravens thread...Just trying to be helpful, I know how you struggle to keep focused..

Whatcha think big guy?:popcorn:

Listen William, the dude mentioned JC would want a piece of the Blue Birds. I stated that for your beloved JC to get a piece of that, your gonna have to win vs Cov Cath, which is picked you all to win BTW, but will come into the game vs FT Highlands banged up. You do know how to read quotes right? So answered to his thread. So what are you talking about an Ashland/ Highland thread if the dude brought up JC being hungry for some BlueBirds???
Baker didn't do to much running against Russell after Landon Arnold lit him up. If you don't hit him hard early in the game he will run all night long.
FBfan4life Wrote:Listen William, the dude mentioned JC would want a piece of the Blue Birds. I stated that for your beloved JC to get a piece of that, your gonna have to win vs Cov Cath, which is picked you all to win BTW, but will come into the game vs FT Highlands banged up. You do know how to read quotes right? So answered to his thread. So what are you talking about an Ashland/ Highland thread if the dude brought up JC being hungry for some BlueBirds???

Oh, I know how to read them, just not sure you know how to quote them on the subject matter at hand. It's like this Leonard, I was referring back to threads from earlier last week where you would get confused on what the subject matter of the thread was even about......You consistently got the teams confused as to who was even playing................ah, never mind, it's obviously over your head.
Hoping for T-Cat W
Highlands 56, Ashland 14
:flame:Highlands 35
Ashland 12
HHS - 52
Ashland - 7

Ashland gets a late TD.
fernpence15 Wrote::flame:Highlands 35
Ashland 12

Ashland's kicker rarely misses a PAT so I doubt he misses on both tries.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:HHS - 52
Ashland - 7

Ashland gets a late TD.

I think your prediction for Highlands is pretty spot on. They tend to let the other team score more than 7 late. I will go with 52-14
Highlands cruises but definitely pulling for ashland
If Baker is only a sophomore and is really that good, shouldn't he "relocate" to a venue where he will be seen in the limelight? I believe a couple of Ashland's new basketball players re-relocated to the central part of the state for that purpose.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If Baker is only a sophomore and is really that good, shouldn't he "relocate" to a venue where he will be seen in the limelight? I believe a couple of Ashland's new basketball players re-relocated to the central part of the state for that purpose.

The weather is very nice in Ft. Thomas.
Boonie Wrote:The weather is very nice in Ft. Thomas.

So is the football and the probability that one who excels will get a big time scholarship to a school like The Ohio State University or Notre Dame or some such venue. That prospect doesn't really exist in Ashland where the destination is likely Morehead or UPike.
I am actually rooting for Ashland but I don't see it. Highlands by alot!!!!!!
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:So is the football and the probability that one who excels will get a big time scholarship to a school like The Ohio State University or Notre Dame or some such venue. That prospect doesn't really exist in Ashland where the destination is likely Morehead or UPike.

Post like this make you the troll you are.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If Baker is only a sophomore and is really that good, shouldn't he "relocate" to a venue where he will be seen in the limelight? I believe a couple of Ashland's new basketball players re-relocated to the central part of the state for that purpose.

Sounds like a sales pitch from Highland's Recruiting Coordinator! Mr. Baker should be honored.....:worthy:
All jokes aside, Baker is probably one of the best backs in KY. He is just a sophomore and needs to get tougher, but he has a skill set that cannot be coached. Very fast and elusive runner.
70 - 7 Highlands:yikes:
Ashland in a upset 24-19 on a great day for football.
Birds respect Ashland but they will win handily.
Pages: 1 2 3 4