Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breaking News!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
eagles2011 Wrote:Why don't fairview just say the are a private school everybody else gets away with it . U never see a team in lex Lou or northern ky get into trouble . Khsaa is a joke .

Actually that is not true. Louisville Holy Cross recently got in trouble with the KHSAA for recruiting.
Wonder if the new stadium is debt free or are they still paying for it ?
PirateInAshland Wrote:100% pure rumor, please don't take what I was told as factual as I don't know a ton of Boyd County people, but some that I do told me the following:

The new Boyd County High School was built to hold the Fairview Independent students in the event that Fairview could no longer financially operate. Apparently this is something the County was expecting to happen. I personally hope this does not put extra strain on the school operating academically and I am not calling for this to happen, just strictly what I was told last year as they were completing the new school.

That has been rumored since the plans for the school cam out, but to be honest Fairview doesn't have that many kids. Some will go to Ashland, some will got to Russell, some will go back across the river to Ohio and WV.

Boyd County High School might get 200 kids.....maybe.

Fairview has been on borrowed time financially for a little while now.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FBALL,

Please admit you are a sissy. Thanks.

Big Grin

After these past few years I still believe a few of the Raceland faithfull still do not know all the facts. Until you talk to coach Morris or McGlone and ask them why the series stopped then it's all speculation.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FBALL,

Please admit you are a sissy. Thanks.

Big Grin

Oh I fully admit that I am a sissy.

But that's not why the series stopped.
RamPride Wrote:As long as Boggs, Harris, Dixon and Messer play for the RAMS, this will be the topic of conversation. The reality of the situation is that these kids are not the problem, they are where they are because of the problem. Now correct me if I am wrong. So how can you say that "You pissed off our coach" It is more like he should be pissed at the issues those kids left.

Ok I'll correct you. All of those kids left for different reasons. Some legit. Some not. Some don't need to be discussed on here. To say it was one reason though is false. Your reason was not some of the others.

And no those kids are not a problem. I like them all. Still think most should have stayed home.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If your Head coach is the Head of your football team and the Head of your program is he not to blame?

Exactly, why do you think TJ was fired from Greenup?
Ashland Independat Sports Editor just tweeted that McPeek would be coachin tonight. Is that official?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No we can't drop it! They are sissies and need to admit it. Our rivals are dropping like flies all around us and you want to just drop it!

Now look what you started you butt nugget. :flush:
voice of reason Wrote:Exactly, why do you think TJ was fired from Greenup?

TJ was not fired by Greenup.
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:Ashland Independat Sports Editor just tweeted that McPeek would be coachin tonight. Is that official?

Yes but will be gone trust me. They are letting the staff finish the season from what I was told.
We will be better off to wait and find out exactly what is going on. A rivalry is good and lets hope we continue to have them. I am a Rams fans, but I also don't believe we should be throwing stones,as we live in a glass house as well.
Perhaps some students tried to transfer to a certain school and they were told no room for more students in the classes...full, interestingly these didn't play sports or were not talented athletes. Then suddenly there is room for a couple of students within the same day because they were ballers....let that sink in, because it happened.
When T.J Maynard took over at Raceland, McPeek told a coaching buddy of mine that he would never loose to Raceland again "because he can't out recruit me". In public, at a coaches clinic. Arrogant.
Iam4thecats Wrote:When T.J Maynard took over at Raceland, McPeek told a coaching buddy of mine that he would never loose to Raceland again "because he can't out recruit me". In public, at a coaches clinic. Arrogant.

Arrogant...absolutely, the statement certainly implies that both recruit however
ataclance Wrote:Yes but will be gone trust me. They are letting the staff finish the season from what I was told.

If that is the case and he knows he is gone, he should tell them to shove it. Grow a pair.
Just got a text that the students or football team staged a walk out at Fairview, because the coaches were treated wrong and were being blamed for all this. Anybody from Fairview hear this or is this just crap being started?
So much stuff flying around right now.
voice of reason Wrote:Arrogant...absolutely, the statement certainly implies that both recruit however

That is McPeek implying it about T.J. not me. I don't have a dog in the fight. I live in the central time zone, I just have a lot of friends. That being said Nate HAS out recruited T.J. and if T.J. has done ANYTHING wrong he certainly covers it up better.:eyeroll:
TJ Maynard has no blemishes on his résumé. He builds programs the right way, with dedication,hard work, and discipline. TJ Maynard has never been or ever will be anywhere close to the level of corruption that the McPeeks are at.
Talk to anyone associated with TJ, I would put my house on it that they having nothing but great things to say about him as a person and a coach. In my opinion, he is hands down the top coach in this area.
NoPicks Wrote:Talk to anyone associated with TJ, I would put my house on it that they having nothing but great things to say about him as a person and a coach. In my opinion, he is hands down the top coach in this area.

Agreed....however players have made it into the district simply because they were ballers while others were turned away with the excuse the district was at capacity. He may have known none of this, but I will never defend Raceland for not cherry picking who gets in. TJ may have not known any of this but he certainly benefitted.
Haha and you are seriously comparing that to what McPeek did at Fairview? Wow
NoPicks Wrote:Haha and you are seriously comparing that to what McPeek did at Fairview? Wow

wow...can't slip anything past you :biglmao: please show a comparison? I simply stated we shouldn't throw stones as we have star players who were cherry picked to allow in the system, while others were turned away for one reason or another. usually the "we are at capacity" excuse
ataclance Wrote:Yes but will be gone trust me. They are letting the staff finish the season from what I was told.

If I were a parent of one of these players I would be outraged that these coaches would still be allowed to coach my kid in light of what has happened and I would pull my kid from the team. No way would I allow these people who clearly lack any type of integrity or code of ethics continue to coach my kid. This is a terrible move for the Fairview administration. Even though the coaches will be gone at the end if the year this still sends the message to a bunch of impressionable teenage boys that this type of behavior is acceptable.
Orange Blaze Wrote:If I were a parent of one of these players I would be outraged that these coaches would still be allowed to coach my kid in light of what has happened and I would pull my kid from the team. No way would I allow these people who clearly lack any type of integrity or code of ethics continue to coach my kid. This is a terrible move for the Fairview administration. Even though the coaches will be gone at the end if the year this still sends the message to a bunch of impressionable teenage boys that this type of behavior is acceptable.

Don't get too carried away, the staff was winning football games and they are a team. None of the kids were getting bent over or anything, so let's not over react.
Integrity? wrong doings etc things not so fair, welcome to f-ing life dude.
I will go further, I know for a FACT Raceland has claimed to be at capacity and couldn't add students and change within minutes to add a couple of ballers. Now this doesn't compare to Fairview's problems but can anyone say this was fair? Nope, the kids who were ballers were not near the academic ones that were turned away. Kids were chosen to win baby! just win!
No restrictions when you come in middle school. You also have to be a good student and not be in trouble and be in good standing. No blemishes on your record. Cherry pick? How about being a quality kid and wanting a better place to get an education. I don't know of any kid who was turned away for not being an athlete. I do know of one recent kid who does not play sports that transfered in from Russell, so what is his excuse? I also know that at one time 2 of the classes were not taking kids due to being at capacity. This is true, the school did not take kids in those grades just for that reason. Cherry pick, I still see a large amount of kids who do not play sports that live out of district and attend Raceland.
voice of reason Wrote:Don't get too carried away, the staff was winning football games and they are a team. None of the kids were getting bent over or anything, so let's not over react.
Integrity? wrong doings etc things not so fair, welcome to f-ing life dude.

The fact is they are still molding teenage boys to become men and if these are the standards that we are teaching the future leader of society to abide by then we live in a sad world indeed. I do believe the whole "winning mentality" is what got them into this situation to begin with. This could have been a good opportunity to teach these kids a lesson about why you shouldn't cheat but I guess you don't see it that way. As far as being welcomed to life goes, if I were caught behaving unethically at my job I would be indefinitely suspended pending an internal investigation and then I would likely be fired. That is life.
voice of reason Wrote:I will go further, I know for a FACT Raceland has claimed to be at capacity and couldn't add students and change within minutes to add a couple of ballers. Now this doesn't compare to Fairview's problems but can anyone say this was fair? Nope, the kids who were ballers were not near the academic ones that were turned away. Kids were chosen to win baby! just win!
UH, can you give some examples of the STUDS that make us JUST WIN? I would love to see those. As a matter of fact can you name any kids that are studs that have transferred in during high school from other area that have made a huge difference in the sports programs at Raceland?
Waiting
Heard that some kids have left Fairview already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16