Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breaking News!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I feel sorry for the true Westwood kids but everyone on the team had to have known. Mates biggest downfall is listening to Gary. A guy that leaves trouble way whatever system he is in.
DevilWatcher Wrote:I feel sorry for the true Westwood kids but everyone on the team had to have known. Mates biggest downfall is listening to Gary. A guy that leaves trouble way whatever system he is in.

Wow my iPhone jacked that post all up. Lol
100% pure rumor, please don't take what I was told as factual as I don't know a ton of Boyd County people, but some that I do told me the following:

The new Boyd County High School was built to hold the Fairview Independent students in the event that Fairview could no longer financially operate. Apparently this is something the County was expecting to happen. I personally hope this does not put extra strain on the school operating academically and I am not calling for this to happen, just strictly what I was told last year as they were completing the new school.
If they go to BOYD, would that put them to 5A?
I would imagine 5A, but like I kinda said I don't have a dog in this fight and regardless of what went on with the athletics I hope at the end of the day everything is ok education wise for the kids in westwood.
I do know that in the last 2 years FHS state/national test scores have dropped nearly 30%. Thats a major decrease. This has been brewing in fairview for some time now. I knew it would happen this year after all the injuries, not playing up to what they had expected, kids being excused and kids leaving due to acedemics, then the loss to Raceland i feel was the icing on the cake. Now this is NOT a recruiting violation, though i will assume they will look into things a little more with a little more discretion now. My wuestion is this, if Nate goes, will the new FHS kids do the same?
I don't know the extent of what is going on, I only know that there has been a major influx of outside talent in the last few years, but to feel sorry for Nate and talk about how great of a guy he is and actually believe that he had nothing to do with this, is asinine. I've said all along that if and when things went boom, it would have nothing to do with recruiting and instead a parent of a player. I do feel sorry for the true Westwood kids in the system.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I do know that in the last 2 years FHS state/national test scores have dropped nearly 30%. Thats a major decrease. This has been brewing in fairview for some time now. I knew it would happen this year after all the injuries, not playing up to what they had expected, kids being excused and kids leaving due to acedemics, then the loss to Raceland i feel was the icing on the cake. Now this is NOT a recruiting violation, though i will assume they will look into things a little more with a little more discretion now. My wuestion is this, if Nate goes, will the new FHS kids do the same?

Lee can confirm but I 100% know for a fact he is gone. And he isn't the only one.
Do u all think the new fairview guys, Brown, Thomas, and the other kid i cant remember his name, will stay? Btw, what happened to the big fb Fairview wqs running at the beginning of the year? I think his last name was smith. No 15 i believe? Didnt see him in the Raceland game.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Question for a Moderator: Why is the time of post off 2 hours on this site?

The time has been reset several times to the correct time.
It jumps right back to the wrong time by itself.
Ive researched it before, and several forum sites with the same Vbulletin design has the same problems, however some dont.

QQ has worked on it before, but nothing has worked.
I too would like to see the correct time fixed, but i'm not sure how to go about it. QQ and Midee are the only ones with access to the database of the website, and both are extremely busy with other things.

The time is always just under 2 hours behind actual time. Atleast until time goes back and i can remember if it goes back as well, or if we end up being only one hour behind as daylight savings time ends.
Hopefully we can get this resolved in the future.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Do u all think the new fairview guys, Brown, Thomas, and the other kid i cant remember his name, will stay? Btw, what happened to the big fb Fairview wqs running at the beginning of the year? I think his last name was smith. No 15 i believe? Didnt see him in the Raceland game.

#15 McNight started out the yr at FB , but went back to his natural position of TE , but mainly plays DE . The FB now went to Yetts , & McNight still time to time will line up as a FB in short yard situations but not often
I have read every post in this thread and I still cannot figure out what has happened. I'm reading a lot of innuendo's, rumors, speculations, and a lot of talking in circles. If Fairview is in violation of KHSAA rules, remember this, the KHSAA no longer has punitive powers. The Kentucky State Legislature stripped them of its punitive powers some time ago. If there is a KDE investigation, it has to go through OEA, who also has lost its punitive powers, so I'm not sure where all this speculated trouble is coming from for Fairview.
Didn't Fairview get into some trouble last year?
PRIDE101 Wrote:If true, not so great news for Pikeville. Fairview will be #4 seed.
A team without a coach and, by the sounds of it, is facing the equivalent of a Zombie apocalypse by the KHSAA, The State of Kentucky (and possibly West Virginia), The Department of Homeland Security, The EPA, and The Easter Bunny....I like my Panthers chances...All kidding aside I do hate it for these kids....
I am sure the KHSAA will find something to investigate in football to try to save face over the basketball fiascos that have been going on in Eastern Kentucky over the last couple of years. They will target a football team they feel is easy prey like they did Pike Central a couple of years ago.
Diogenes Wrote:Well, at the end of the day, whether or not the school even has a football team really isn't integral to its function as a school. Schools still exist to educate kids, not field football teams. The extracurriculars are called extra-curricular for a reason. They're extras. I'm afraid some places, like Eastern Kentucky, we unfortunately lose sight of that and tend to put the cart in front of the horse...

You need to tell that to some of the basketball teams in the 14th region.
Why don't fairview just say the are a private school everybody else gets away with it . U never see a team in lex Lou or northern ky get into trouble . Khsaa is a joke .
eagles2011 Wrote:Why don't fairview just say the are a private school everybody else gets away with it . U never see a team in lex Lou or northern ky get into trouble . Khsaa is a joke .

that's a dumb statement.....you can't just SAY you're a private school and start reaping those type benefits....if you do everything legally to convert to a private school, you are then no longer tax-dollar supported and have to rely on tuition fees - very high ones in order to operate. You honestly think the folks at Fairview would want to start paying thousands a year for their kids to attend that place?? :HitWall:
Wow! first Russell Drops us ....Now this. A Ram fan can't get a break.
We didn't drop you. You pissed off our coach.
^^^for winning?lol
Nope
Can we just drop the Russell/Raceland thing. It's old news.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You need to tell that to some of the basketball teams in the 14th region.

Believe me, I've said it in the basketball forums until I've run out of virtual breath. I wish we could separate athletics from schools period and let them play as club teams, and spend more of our tax money where it needs to go: educating our students.
As long as Boggs, Harris, Dixon and Messer play for the RAMS, this will be the topic of conversation. The reality of the situation is that these kids are not the problem, they are where they are because of the problem. Now correct me if I am wrong. So how can you say that "You pissed off our coach" It is more like he should be pissed at the issues those kids left.
diogenes Wrote:believe me, i've said it in the basketball forums until i've run out of virtual breath. I wish we could separate athletics from schools period and let them play as club teams, and spend more of our tax money where it needs to go: Educating our students.

"like"
Diogenes Wrote:Believe me, I've said it in the basketball forums until I've run out of virtual breath. I wish we could separate athletics from schools period and let them play as club teams, and spend more of our tax money where it needs to go: educating our students.

We have so many mentally deficient posters in the 14th Region that you would be wasting your breath.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Can we just drop the Russell/Raceland thing. It's old news.

No we can't drop it! They are sissies and need to admit it. Our rivals are dropping like flies all around us and you want to just drop it!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No we can't drop it! They are sissies and need to admit it. Our rivals are dropping like flies all around us and you want to just drop it!

Yea, you're right, you can keep complaining about it, I'm sure that will solve the problem and the contract will be renewed next week.

:HitWall:
FBALL Wrote:Nope

RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No we can't drop it! They are sissies and need to admit it. Our rivals are dropping like flies all around us and you want to just drop it!

FBALL,

Please admit you are a sissy. Thanks.

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16