Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Maybe some one can chime in and share some thoughts and stats from fairview.. they seem to be a unpredictable unknown..lol

11:00 AM
I know they have three great backs but they really do not throw the ball at all. Unless they can. Joe will stack the box and let the best linebacker in the state go to work. Mayfield by 14.
Mayfield
Mayfield 27 Fairview 13.
Fairview by 6
I don't want to sound too cocky, but I think we can win this one if we play like we did in the second half of the Bwood game. This Fairview team is a run dominant team. They prefer the wing t look. We have a tad bit of experience against such a scheme. I dont think they have played any teams that are as balanced offensively as we are either. I think Hazard's strength on defense was nulified by this bunch because they do not throw that much. Hazard's best defensive asset was the def backs. They had trouble with the running team coming right at them. I think our def is more geared towards stopping the run first.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't want to sound too cocky, but I think we can win this one if we play like we did in the second half of the Bwood game. This Fairview team is a run dominant team. They prefer the wing t look. We have a tad bit of experience against such a scheme. I dont think they have played any teams that are as balanced offensively as we are either. I think Hazard's strength on defense was nulified by this bunch because they do not throw that much. Hazard's best defensive asset was the def backs. They had trouble with the running team coming right at them. I think our def is more geared towards stopping the run first.

I think Hazard had some issues offensively. The kid they had get injured early in the year was a big time contributor on both sides of the ball not saying hew would have changed the outcome but i think it would have been different. I also read that Hazards team speed looked really slow. I know we dont have that problem. I think Fairviews line is bigger but we have done very well agianst that this year. Coach Champion has done a great job teaching our line how to out quick an opponent. I feel good about the game
Mayfield by 42
Saw Mayfield last night for a half. They roll in this game.
Mayfield takes another title home
I was at the Fairview Vs. Hazard game last night... Fairview is a very good football team. I watched them early in the year as well and they have many weapons they can throw the ball to. The quarterback has a good arm and decent accuracy, but their run game is just about unstoppable.. Great lineman with three great backs
Jordodavid Wrote:I was at the Fairview Vs. Hazard game last night... Fairview is a very good football team. I watched them early in the year as well and they have many weapons they can throw the ball to. The quarterback has a good arm and decent accuracy, but their run game is just about unstoppable.. Great lineman with three great backs

I saw the bwood mayfield game and let me tell yeah the you can not be one- dimensional
And expect to win Beechwood can run or pass. And lost by three tds. And then you factor in the SOS. And look who mayfield play and who fairveiw play the answer mayfield 56-14
Mayfield by 21
Can we stop with the strength of schedule. The fairview team I saw last night would've beat any team in the area. Yes including my tomcats. They are in the state championship and they didn't get there without beating good teams. And guess what they just thumped the defending champs. I think fairview has a great shot. Go eagles
Mayfield 42-6.
From the talk on the radio Fairview had a huge line and there tackles collapse the defensive ends pratically all night and had good running room. Hazard missed a lot of tackles trying to tackle the big backs up high.. Been a long time since hazard was dominated like that.. Besides the 2010 Championship game,.
Finally found video and I very much liked what I saw. For you Mayfield fans and anyone in this area, you will be able to relate to what I am saying here. Picture Murray running a wing t. They do mix in some inverted bone. They have some fast kids and some big kids, just like Murray. The difference is even though their qb can throw the ball about as well as Murray's, he can't run as fast. Also they dont have doc at Def end. I am thinking Mayfield now by 3 td's.
Where is this video?
While I don't reveal all of my connections, I will tell you that you can go to Max Preps. You click on the search state bar. Then click on search for my team bar. Find Fairview, click on it and it will pull up their schedule. Scroll down a ways and you will see one titled new hudl video. It is a set of highlights from several of their games. This one is free and easy to get to.
The damn video is on ihigh.com...God almighty. Your connections are a joke.
Mayfield by three scores. Too good, deep and talented for any of the eagles. Go Cards!!!!!!
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Can we stop with the strength of schedule. The fairview team I saw last night would've beat any team in the area. Yes including my tomcats. They are in the state championship and they didn't get there without beating good teams. And guess what they just thumped the defending champs. I think fairview has a great shot. Go eagles

You must be high... Ashlands line an depth way to much.
Good Luck to Fairview, from a Hazard Bulldog fan !!
I stated in a previous thread that I believed Fairview would win the title. After watching several highlights from both teams, I have torecant my statement. But I am not as certain as I was. Fairviews run game is stout. But unless they have worked on passig all year in practice, I fear they will run into some issues forcing passes and not having a lack of rhythm. The toughest defense they have seen all year is a toss up between Hazard and Raceland. Raceland was able to contain the outside and up the middle, but was week in stopping runs through the 5/6 holes. Hazard was just the opposite and couldnt keep them from the outside. That is why Turner killed Raceland, and King burnt Hazard. Mayfield has great team speed but so does Fairview. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Their dbs shut down the big recievers from Hazard, but Mayfields recievers are much quicker. If Fairview can just keep Jackson in check, they will win the ball game. Both of these teams can stop the run with 6 in the box. Diversity and balance will be a key to whoever pulls this win out. But after having today to myself and watching alot of film, I will say...

Mayfield 35
Eagles 24

Fairview gave up 20 to paintsville, 17 to east carter, and Nicholas coutny put up points on them as well. Think their defense will begin to struggle late in the 3rd.
:hilarious:

rebel 4 life Wrote:Mayfield by 42

I believe that Mayfield can win this game but if you really think they can win by this much you are delusional.
rebel 4 life Wrote:I saw the bwood mayfield game and let me tell yeah the you can not be one- dimensional
And expect to win Beechwood can run or pass. And lost by three tds. And then you factor in the SOS. And look who mayfield play and who fairveiw play the answer mayfield 56-14

People said this same thing comparing the Hazard schedule and Fairview Schedule and look how that turned out.40-6
MSf, why u always busting my balls? U of all people should know I a football junkie. I study it all the time. I have really increased my connections this year. I will be loosing some of that next year when we loose jj. Mayfield cardinal can tell u I have pretty good luck with the research.
i like Mayfield by 2 TDS.
Patch Wrote:Mayfield by three scores. Too good, deep and talented for any of the eagles. Go Cards!!!!!!
You said this same thing about Hazard and look at the score 40-6
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I stated in a previous thread that I believed Fairview would win the title. After watching several highlights from both teams, I have torecant my statement. But I am not as certain as I was. Fairviews run game is stout. But unless they have worked on passig all year in practice, I fear they will run into some issues forcing passes and not having a lack of rhythm. The toughest defense they have seen all year is a toss up between Hazard and Raceland. Raceland was able to contain the outside and up the middle, but was week in stopping runs through the 5/6 holes. Hazard was just the opposite and couldnt keep them from the outside. That is why Turner killed Raceland, and King burnt Hazard. Mayfield has great team speed but so does Fairview. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Their dbs shut down the big recievers from Hazard, but Mayfields recievers are much quicker. If Fairview can just keep Jackson in check, they will win the ball game. Both of these teams can stop the run with 6 in the box. Diversity and balance will be a key to whoever pulls this win out. But after having today to myself and watching alot of film, I will say...

Mayfield 35
Eagles 24

Fairview gave up 20 to paintsville, 17 to east carter, and Nicholas coutny put up points on them as well. Think their defense will begin to struggle late in the 3rd.

The Fairview team that Raceland played in October does not compare to the one that played last night. The Fairview team I watched last night, would have put 60+ up against Raceland's defense.

These are some of the same comments that were made prior to the Hazard/Mayfield game last year and we know how that one ended.

Unlike some other Raceland fans, I have put jealousy and hatred for Fairview to the side. I am pulling for the Eagles to win this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10