Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fairview 21
Mayfield 20
Doublegg, I think it is a good assessment to use what we have seen. The proof will be in the pudding. Lets talk tomorrow night, we will have alot more to say about this then. Pork, you are always welcome on our side. I just wish that some would be a little bit more respectful of what you guys have done. I guess I will never get it through some thick heads though. By the way, just throwing this out there. The last 4 Class A state championships have gone to the team on the home side.
FBALL Wrote:Not as confident as your fellow Mayfielder?

Yeah I'll take it. But it's a Russell avatar not Fairview.

Sounds good

#55 if you want some, I will show you how to create a avatar
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not even joking,that is the exact word for word thing that people from Highlands were saying in 2002 until Rockcastle County got a hold of em. If Fairview has a good enough run game I don't care what you saw from other teams or how good you think you are at stopping the run they will have some sucess on you. You can talk all day about this team plays the Fairview system and that team plays the Fairview system but the problem is,none of those teams are Fairview. Comparing how you did on a team who plays a lot like the next teams is about as reliable as comparing the score on common opponents. There is one huge flaw in your theory,what if Fairview is a lot better then the teams you are trying to compare with. I would not be surprised if Fairview don't start this game throwing the ball like crazy to set up the run. I know some people said they have a nice QB and Receivers but they just never need to throw much, I would bet that Mayfield is thinking run all the way.

Ur right none of the teams we played were fairview... this was a referral to the size and how ppl were stating that they were going to pancake us.. simply stating as far as size we have faced bigger.. it is a reliable enough for me as well as 99% of the mayfield faithfull bc there is just not much gettin bigger than wat graves had this year.. it is to know that a big line will not hurt us cause we can adjust.. we will adjust!
Now back to that statment.. just as I said at the state level more than a running game has to be astablished if u expect to win.. with that being said my players are well aware of the ability of a running game being used to control a game . They also knoe that fairview can pass if they have to but luckly they have not had to all year.. that will mostlikly change in the morning.. we have a fairly fast backfield on d so if they go to the run an chuck .. this game will turn ugly fast... mark the words.... ! They are better off tryin to break a run on hopes a player slips or a hold does not get seen...
Thats anoutherthing.. how pinality prone is this fairview team? Anyone know

Fball u started the bet not me I just said mayfield 48-13. Then u said someting about would not win by 21.. im kinda like mayfieldcardinal.. I dont even remember how I made that avatar...
Going to the game with mysonis55. You can spot us in the crowd. I"ll have on a Cardinal cap and so will he if I can talk him out of wearing that rainbow colored sombrero he likes to wear for luck. Confusednicker: GO CARDS!!
mysonis55 Wrote:Doublegg, I think it is a good assessment to use what we have seen. The proof will be in the pudding. Lets talk tomorrow night, we will have alot more to say about this then. Pork, you are always welcome on our side. I just wish that some would be a little bit more respectful of what you guys have done. I guess I will never get it through some thick heads though. By the way, just throwing this out there. The last 4 Class A state championships have gone to the team on the home side.

I believe Mayfield is home this year. The odds for us winning just keep getting better......
Do-double-gg Wrote:I I would bet that Mayfield is thinking run all the way.

You would lose that bet my friend. Mayfield has some very good coaches and believe me they know what to look for. Now it might be a different story if our DB's bite on the play action LOL.
mysonis55 Wrote:Doublegg, I think it is a good assessment to use what we have seen. The proof will be in the pudding. Lets talk tomorrow night, we will have alot more to say about this then. Pork, you are always welcome on our side. I just wish that some would be a little bit more respectful of what you guys have done. I guess I will never get it through some thick heads though. By the way, just throwing this out there. The last 4 Class A state championships have gone to the team on the home side.

Talk about thick heads.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Alright fball I accept PayPal... ill take ur bet. :lmao: I sure hope these three running backs are good enough to score 13 points.. thats how many I have fairview scoring btw..
Mayfield. 48
Fairview. 13

At the state level more than a running game has to be established.. as far as size.. we've faced size graves co. Line is college size avg around 285.. ran through them. Running game , well its know we've also shut it down all year.. 95% of the points we have allowed have been off of allowing our second and third string to have training time or bc we allowed are self to get burnt on coverage on a pass...thats tha way I see fairview scoring..

"WE ARE MAYFIELD" and on top of the west. Might as well change my name to on top of the east too.. ask beechwood.. the title game was already played.. this one is only for good measure.. yes I know this statement was made last year but the only diff is this year we are older more experienced and "injury free" ... lets see hows this statement go.... :dontthink "U cant just jump into the ring with Muhammad Ali cause u think u can box"... :dontthink

I really hope yall think this fairview team is really good.. that way when we disimate them we look that much better.. I feel after the let down last year and all them dam black feathers I had to pick outta my teeth that we lost a little respect that needs to be regained.. crow sucks ..and im not eating that sh@$ agian this year.. lmao.

All i said was if anyone wanted to give me 21 points I would take that bet because I felt Fairview was being underestimated. This is the trash I got back.
http://dailyindependent.com/local/x11440...excitement

A good read

A true fan! I enjoyed this
FBALL Wrote:Talk about thick heads.

Well your allright with me man. Got the Steelers and the Wildcats as ur teams and you seem respectful and honest in ur analysis even if i havent agreed with everything you have said.
Smashmouth knows something about how to use a computer. Now I have an avatar. I thought I would show you guys what a football trophy case looks like. Problem is, I could only get about half of it in the photo.
rednblackattack Wrote:Well your allright with me man. Got the Steelers and the Wildcats as ur teams and you seem respectful and honest in ur analysis even if i havent agreed with everything you have said.

We will not always agree and that's fine. Respectful and honest is all you can ask for. Good luck Friday.
mysonis55 Wrote:Smashmouth knows something about how to use a computer. Now I have an avatar. I thought I would show you guys what a football trophy case looks like. Problem is, I could only get about half of it in the photo.

Haha, it never gets old seeing that trophy case.
Good Luck from a Hazard Bulldog fan !!!
KyGurl Wrote:Good Luck from a Hazard Bulldog fan !!!

this appears to be my first post. longtime cardinal fan here. coming up with a prediction is hard, because of last year. but last year was last year. you get to the finals as much as we do, well, occasionally you are going to have a bad game every once in a while. but that doesn't mean that looking at schedules, film, scores, etc is not valid way to predict games. it's a lot more valid process in predicting than simply saying "last year you were wrong, therefore you can't predict this year."

so, the fewest points we have scored this year is 27 once, and 28 another time. I think it is highly unlikely that fairview could hope to hold us to this total, not when we have a healthy jackson, and our receivers playing as well as they ever have in the last half of this season. oh yeah, our qb is pretty good and the line is firing off as they are supposed to. we put 35 on beechwood and we really only played well in the second half. my prediction is we put 45 points on fairview.

harder to predict how many they can score, but i know it aint 45. i am guessing they get one td out of sheer spirit and grit. one more td because we will blow a coverage or something. throw in a field goal

I am sure fairview is good, and they have a good gameplan. everyone has a game plan on how to stop jonathan jackson. the plan pretty much evaporates when he plants a couple tacklers on their backs and runs over them.

45-17 mayfield wins.

i hope no one gets hurt. congrats to both teams for making it this far.

go big red.Confusedinglepar
FBALL Wrote:All i said was if anyone wanted to give me 21 points I would take that bet because I felt Fairview was being underestimated. This is the trash I got back.

Just stiring the pot.. fball... just stiring.. I do believe they will win by atleast a 21 piint margin... will find out for sure in the morning.... I cant wait... im sure that fairview has a great team.. just this is the ladt game so I did have some trash to throw in the pot
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'm not even joking,that is the exact word for word thing that people from Highlands were saying in 2002 until Rockcastle County got a hold of em. If Fairview has a good enough run game I don't care what you saw from other teams or how good you think you are at stopping the run they will have some sucess on you. You can talk all day about this team plays the Fairview system and that team plays the Fairview system but the problem is,none of those teams are Fairview. Comparing how you did on a team who plays a lot like the next teams is about as reliable as comparing the score on common opponents. There is one huge flaw in your theory,what if Fairview is a lot better then the teams you are trying to compare with. I would not be surprised if Fairview don't start this game throwing the ball like crazy to set up the run. I know some people said they have a nice QB and Receivers but they just never need to throw much, I would bet that Mayfield is thinking run all the way.

Ur right none of the teams we played were fairview... this was a referral to the size and how ppl were stating that they were going to pancake us.. simply stating as far as size we have faced bigger.. it is a reliable enough for me as well as 99% of the mayfield faithfull bc there is just not much gettin bigger than wat graves had this year.. it is to know that a big line will not hurt us cause we can adjust.. we will adjust!
Now back to that statment.. just as I said at the state level more than a running game has to be astablished if u expect to win.. with that being said my players are well aware of the ability of a running game being used to control a game . They also knoe that fairview can pass if they have to but luckly they have not had to all year.. that will mostlikly change in the morning.. we have a fairly fast backfield on d so if they go to the run an chuck .. this game will turn ugly fast... mark the words.... ! They are better off tryin to break a run on hopes a player slips or a hold does not get seen...
Thats anoutherthing.. how pinality prone is this fairview team? Anyone know

Fball u started the bet not me I just said mayfield 48-13. Then u said someting about would not win by 21.. im kinda like mayfieldcardinal.. I dont even remember how I made that avatar...
I think there line holds a lot. If mayfield keeps #3 in check they win no prob.
Good Luck Fairview
Good Luck Mayfield from a Caldwell County fan! :Cheerlead
Just chilling in my room at BG, no 64 in sight. Cant wait until 11:00 a.
DreamKiller Wrote:Good Luck Mayfield from a Caldwell County fan! :Cheerlead

Good luck to Caldwell County from a Mayfield fan. Go Tigers!
So is the avatar bet on or off?
One thing is for sure. The red and black will win.
FBALL Wrote:So is the avatar bet on or off?

Ours is on
Good you can display that Russell avatar in honor of Googie.
FBALL Wrote:So is the avatar bet on or off?

Im still gonna say its at least 21 point... but since he is bettin ya there is no since in me doing it too, for he will turn u red and black... :Thumbs:
Thanks dream.... ill be listening to yalls game rootin all the way
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10