Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cooper @ Harlan County 11-23-2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cooper travels to Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium on the Campus of Harlan County High School to play the Harlan County Black Bears in Friday 11-23-2012. Who wins and by how much.
I'm hoping HC...either way, I think this game will be an example if the way high school football was meant to be played!
Go Black Bears! Take it to State!
:popcorn:Harlan seems to be hitting on all cylinders. If they play like they did against Pulaski I do not see them losing against Cooper at home. Black Bears going to championship against Bowling Green. HC 34 Cooper 14.:popcorn:
Reading this thread makes my heart rate go up a little!

I've all the faith and confidence in my Black Bears; I know they will play that game with pride, confidence and fury! The are peaking at just the right time, too (thanks coaches).

HC 49
Cooper 42

Thank you for this season Black Bears. I'm so thankful I was able to share it with you!

Go Black Bears!!!!
Cooper by 14.
This will be a very physical game, Cooper hits hard and mountain teams love hittin

Cooper by 7
Eat"em up black Bears.:rockon:
Cooper goes into the woods and comes out the victor.
Cooper will never leave Harlan alive!!!
Cooper will march out of Harlan with a field goal post and the win. Then they'll return the post, apologize, and pay for the damage
^^
Hmmmmmmm, I really really DOUBT that!!!!!
I don't know anything about Cooper, but I Vote straight HARLAN COUNTY!
Joker's Wild Wrote:I'm hoping HC...either way, I think this game will be an example if the way high school football was meant to be played!

This is going to be a great football game...have a lot of respect for HC and their fans, I've witnessed a lot of class and integrity in prior threads...Cooper will bring the same to HC on Friday.

Cooper has been a pleasant surprise in NKY this season, however, those close to the program know this has been a 4 year project in the making. Randy Borchers will more than likely be NKY Coach of the Year...has a good group of talented football players who are going to bring it every down just like HC will.

Just as I would if I lived in HC....I've got to root for my region. Have a feeling this may turn into one you simply don't want to see end.

Jaguars win 50-49 in OT....Granny Bear we're going to have to agree to disagree on the winner. Have a great week!
Spirit100 Wrote:This is going to be a great football game...have a lot of respect for HC and their fans, I've witnessed a lot of class and integrity in prior threads...Cooper will bring the same to HC on Friday.

Cooper has been a pleasant surprise in NKY this season, however, those close to the program know this has been a 4 year project in the making. Randy Borchers will more than likely be NKY Coach of the Year...has a good group of talented football players who are going to bring it every down just like HC will.

Just as I would if I lived in HC....I've got to root for my region. Have a feeling this may turn into one you simply don't want to see end.

Jaguars win 50-49 in OT....Granny Bear we're going to have to agree to disagree on the winner. Have a great week
!

You my friend are a class act!!!
Yes, we will agree to disagree, and if you didn't root for your region, I would have NO respect for you!!
(I've even been accused of trash talking!)

In the end though, the Jags will NOT leave Harlan County alive!!

Safe travels!
^ They'll leave alive and well Granny....not trash talk....just talk Wink....most importantly these kids learn from their experience, become better from it, and escape injury free.

Again, this one will be a classic. I'll be in the deer woods and not be able to make the trip south. I will pass your well wishes on travel to the dedicated Cooper Jaguar fans making the journey. Watch for ELK and DEER on the big curve leading to the Stadium....

I'll simply sign off with GO FOOTBALL when it comes to this game! Honor the game fans and players as I know most of you will!!!
Hoping for Harlan County to win this one and move on to bowling green!
Very interesting matchup...

Both schools are only 5 years old.

Cooper is 26-28
Harlan County is 49-15

I'd expect a very well coached, disciplined team coming from NKY from Friday.

Harlan County has 5,500 yards of offense
Cooper has 4,400 yards of offense

Harlan County has allowed 2,600 yards of offense
Cooper has allowed 3,100 yards of offense

SOS:

Cooper's Opponents are 76-77
Harlan County's Opponents are 70-81
After watching Cooper destroy my Bearcats and Franklin Co. I stand by what I said on here before Coopers second round game, Cooper is BG bound. This team is very well coached.
Best defensive team Harlan County has seen all year in a low scoring game Cooper 27 Harlan,County 13.
Making the long hurl down there Da bears
If the bears can contain the pass, they'll win this one going away.
If they dont, it could be a shootout similar to there game with Tates Creek.

Someone mentioned this could be the best defense Harlan County has seen this year, well, this may be the best defense Cooper has seen this year.
I think this is gonna be a great game, I do believe the HC offense will be tested but I still give HC the victory but very close
HC 21
Cooper14
^
I know what you meant.....
Wink
Harlan County 28 Cooper 19. Gotta go with the Black Bears here....I expect a huge crowd at this game and I will be there to watch it. Pulling for ALL Mountain teams this week........GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
Cooper 30
Harlan Co 24
You don't see much ground and pound when you leave the mountains but cooper is close. On paper they are almost a mirror image of Harlan County (stat wise).Having said that I believe mountain ground and pound is better than city ground and pound plus the Black Bears will be playing at home with most of eastern Kentucky rooting for them and hopefully the Harlan County faithful and other counties show up to fill the stadium to cheer on the Bears! I'll take the Black Bears at home 28-14
dragon_slayer Wrote:Cooper 30
Harlan Co 24

I sure hope you are very wrong, dragon slayer! I think the Black Bears are going to win this one, in the same fashion as they have the last few games of this season. Go Black Bears!!! I won't make a point prediction since I don't care how much we win by as long as we win injury free!!!
Pulling for the Black Bears!!!
Spud6 Wrote:Pulling for the Black Bears!!!
Hey spud! Where ya been? It don't seem like you been on muck as of late. I've only been on for about 5 months now and close to 1000 post. I'm going to catch you if ya don't get on the ball.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9