Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Independent Green Dragons 2024
Brian Williams would be excellent. Don't know if anyone can fix Harlan football though when half the team didn't even bother to make the trip to Pikeville for their playoff game last year. And I'm not trolling here, Harlan Independent sports programs in general seem like a dumpster fire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • runthepill
well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well is a hole in the ground hehe
  • hchs fan
I hope they get Brian Williams all kidding aside.
  • hchs fan
Not sure that everything is a wreck at HHS. Baseball is off to their best start in a long time and just won their first All A regional title. Girls' basketball is on the upswing. The talent pool has dried up some on the boys' side for basketball and they were definitely overscheduled last season.

Football has been a mess for a while and this is a crucial hire for HHS. Get this wrong and I could see that school being like Barbourville or Jackson City with no football, which is a shame considering the pretty good tradition of Harlan football.
Baseball finally having decent season with below average schedule. I believe Football just a year ago got beat in 2nd rd playoffs by eventual state champs and had a really good season. From what I remember the coach took over a team that had 9-11 players when he took over, had turned that around. Basketball had been pretty good for a few seasons and had down yr this yr and could be down for a while based on what the coach has coming. Girls softball hasn’t been good in long while, girls basketball had first decent year in about 6 yrs I believe. Only had 8 varsity kids. So look at it how u want I guess.
(04-02-2024, 09:15 PM)runthepill Wrote: Played at UK, originally from Middlesboro. Has had several College coaching stints as  defensive Coordinator. Currently at some small college in N. Carolina. Never coached in HS from what I was told. Was also at UPIKE I believe with Dudley
Was D coordinator for Somerset one season about 20 years ago. Coached at several D-1 programs prior to that and has coached at some FCS, D-2, NAIA and HBCU programs more recently.
Hazard is the only team with a pulse Harlan has played and they got drilled both times, 17-2 and 7-1.
when press conference or announcement
any announcement or naming of a coach this week
well
any announcement or naming of a coach this week
I’d just quit asking and wait for someone to update. I’m sure someone will update when someone is named.
(04-09-2024, 12:06 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I’d just quit asking and wait for someone to update. I’m sure someone will update when someone is named.
What are some incentives to be the coach?  Are they going to be competitive?  Players coming back?  

this late in the offseason, I doubt this job will draw any names…about like Pike County Central.  

bad time to be filling a football job with the season just 4 months away.
(04-09-2024, 09:24 AM)papabear02 Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 12:06 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I’d just quit asking and wait for someone to update. I’m sure someone will update when someone is named.
What are some incentives to be the coach?  Are they going to be competitive?  Players coming back?  

this late in the offseason, I doubt this job will draw any names…about like Pike County Central.  

bad time to be filling a football job with the season just 4 months away.

I would say there's probably no one applying. At this point they should probably just call up whoever the MS coach is and promote a little league/elementary coach to MS coach.
any announcement or naming of a coach
I think u need to ask 1 more time HCHS fan..
[-] The following 2 users Like runthepill's post:
  • hchs fan, Waitaminute
announcement be coming 26th at 1:30
announcement be coming friday at 1:30
announcement coming friday at 1:30
[-] The following 1 user Likes hchs fan's post:
  • Bull got out!