Poll: Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
73.33%
Frederick Douglass
26.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County at Frederick Douglass 10/27
I hope it rains on BOTH of them!!!
The Broncos defense holds Boyle Co. to no yards on 3 plays and they punt Douglass takes over on their own 42 yard line.

Boyle Co. repays the favor and holds the Douglass offense to negative yardage and they punt.

(10-27-2023, 08:01 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I hope it rains on BOTH of them!!!

Well that is not very nice Granny. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Granny Bear
(10-27-2023, 08:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 02:44 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 01:17 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Heading to Lexington this evening hoping for a Boyle win and I don’t care if it’s by 1 point absolutely don’t want to travel to Corbin to play in the 3rd round.

The refs in Corbin are terrible and if boyle plays at Corbin they will have to beat 15 on 11 counting the refs. Every team that plays there gets screwed.

You're whining again .
Be playoff won’t be any refs from there region
Boyle's offense has put together an impressive 2nd drive with 3 first downs so far and have it first and 10 at the Douglass 14 yard line.

Boyle scores first on a 10 yard pass from Dawson to Quisenberry for touchdown to make it 7-0 with 5:44 left in the 1st quarter.

Douglass 2nd possession is another 3 and out their punt goes out at the Boyle Co. 9 yard line.

Douglass defense forces a 3 and out. Douglass has the ball at the own 39. It is the end of the first quarter and this may be the only time I can remember in their football history they have went an entire quarter without a first down. Everyone talks about the Rebels offense but their defense is the real deal as well.
After 1 quarter, Boyle looks like the better team.
(10-27-2023, 08:42 PM)Coach00 Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 08:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 02:44 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 01:17 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Heading to Lexington this evening hoping for a Boyle win and I don’t care if it’s by 1 point absolutely don’t want to travel to Corbin to play in the 3rd round.

The refs in Corbin are terrible and if boyle plays at Corbin they will have to beat 15 on 11 counting the refs. Every team that plays there gets screwed.

You're whining again .
Be playoff won’t be any refs from there region

Maybe they'll pay one off
Douglass defense forces a 3 and out. Douglass has the ball at the own 39. It is the end of the first quarter and this may be the only time I can remember in their football history they have went an entire quarter without a first down. Everyone talks about the Rebels offense but their defense is the real deal as well.

On the Douglass punt Quesinberry runs it back 32 yards to give the Rebels the ball at the Douglass 30 yardline.
Boyle 14-0
Touchdown by Bodner to make it 14-0. So far it looks like the Boyle is the far superior team much like Douglass looked at Boyle last season.

Boyle attempted to on-side kick but recovered by Douglass at their own 45.
Sadly, going about the way I expected.
Broncos get a big turnover on Quisenberry's 2nd fumble of the game this one is recovered by the Broncos.

Douglass turns the Quisenberry fumble into 7 points on a 34 yard touchdown from Strautman to Ranvier to make it 14-7.

The Douglass defense gets a 3 and out for Boyle and Douglass has the ball at the Boyle 36.
The Quisenberry fumble was big.

That TD catch by Douglass was weird. Looked 50/50.

14-7 Boyle.
Boyle gets a big stop on a 4th and two on a big hit by Quisenberry to take over on downs.
Big stop by Douglass at the 1 to end the half.
Boyle has it 2nd and goal from the 1 with 4.2 seconds left in the half. This could be a key in the game for Douglass.

Big Stop by Douglass holding Boyle on the one to end the half. Boyle leads 14-7 at the half and Douglass gets the ball to begin the 3rd quarter.
(10-27-2023, 08:35 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: The Broncos defense holds Boyle Co. to no yards on 3 plays and they punt Douglass takes over on their own 42 yard line.

Boyle Co. repays the favor and holds the Douglass offense to negative yardage and they punt.

(10-27-2023, 08:01 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I hope it rains on BOTH of them!!!

Well that is not very nice Granny. lol
They won't take me with them to the games!!
I hope it SNOWS on them!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!, pjdoug
Boy good game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Guys I will say this now after 1 half. Frederick Douglass has played if count Trinity 3 national programs this season as well as a very good Corbin and Bryan Station teams. Montavin Quisenberry is as good as any player they have faced this year. He is a big time DI power 5 prospect!
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!, know1
(10-27-2023, 09:44 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Guys I will say this now after 1 half. Frederick Douglass has played if count Trinity 3 national programs this season as well as a very good Corbin and Bryan Station teams. Montavin Quisenberry is as good as any player they have faced this year. He is a big time DI power 5 prospect!
I agree! Kid is special!
A big start for the Boyle Co. defense to get a 3 and out to start the 2nd half.

(10-27-2023, 09:48 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 09:44 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Guys I will say this now after 1 half. Frederick Douglass has played if count Trinity 3 national programs this season as well as a very good Corbin and Bryan Station teams. Montavin Quisenberry is as good as any player they have faced this year. He is a big time DI power 5 prospect!
I agree! Kid is special!

Also everyone has talked about the Boyle offense but their defense is as good as Douglass has faced except for the Hoban defense. So far tonight Douglass has more trouble moving the ball tonight than they did vs. Corbin.

Boyle get a big first down on a 3rd and 8 by Quisenberry to on a run of about 12.

A touchdown on a 44 yard run by Quisenberry. This is a lot like the 2019 title game with Cov. Catholic. These two teams are pretty even except for Quisenberry he is head and shoulders better than anyone on the field as was Michael Mayer was in 2019 for Catholic.

Boyle leads 21-7.
Quisenberry 45 yard TD out of the Wildcat. 21-7 Boyle.
Boyle gets another 3 and out from the Douglass offense.

Lowe for Douglass had a chance for an interception there and dropped it.
Kind of annoying with all the Douglass players cramping every other play.
Douglass defense holds as Boyle misses a 35 yard FG attempt.

Boyle Co. 21

Douglass 7

end of 3rd quarter

Big miss by Strautman on a 3rd and 8 the guy was wide open but under threw him.

Douglass kicker/punter Cooper Ranvier just hit a 74 yard punt for Douglass he has been the only bright spot for the Bronco offense tonight so far.
I don't know the stats, but Boyle has dominated this game. Douglass got one lucky TD off a turnover and has done nothing else.
Boyle took over the current drive at their own 3 after the 76 yard punt and have ran it every play and have taken over 7 minutes off the clock and are now at the Douglass 18 for a 2nd and 8.
I'll bet that the time of possession and total yards will be shockingly one sided.
(10-27-2023, 10:39 PM)know1 Wrote: I don't know the stats, but Boyle has dominated this game. Douglass got one lucky TD off a turnover and has done nothing else.

I don't think their is a team in the state better than Boyle. They may score again but as of right now they dominated the Broncos with their defense but Douglass defense has held them so far to 29 points below their average.
BC by 3 TDs. In their house
Ballgame. 28-7 Boyle in a game that wasn't even that close.