Poll: Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
73.33%
Frederick Douglass
26.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County at Frederick Douglass 10/27
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

Taking a safe low score pick.. I don't see a 6-0 though.

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

I hope Douglass beats Boyle like a rented mule.
Surely a Corbin fan isn't talking about bad officiating at home. Especially after seeing 2 or 3 of the 15 yarders called against Johnson Central in their game
[-] The following 2 users Like FastScreen435's post:
  • Diogenes, Woodshed
(10-23-2023, 07:59 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Frederick Douglas wins if there QB is back. If not ima say Boyle county 28-20
Wait, is this the same QB who’s dad is a state rep IN Madison Co?
(10-23-2023, 09:38 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 07:59 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Frederick Douglas wins if there QB is back. If not ima say Boyle county 28-20
Wait, is this the same QB who’s dad is a state rep IN Madison Co?

Not sure, but I think he has committed to EKU.   Maybe 16th BBall Fan can let us know and if he is out for this game. I don't think he is expected back.
Same QB that played against Corbin will be playing against Boyle Friday night for Douglas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Old School 18
(10-23-2023, 12:44 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet every player and coach from Corbin will be at this game.

I hope Bull gets more hugs Friday night than Boyle gets points !!!

Smile 64SUR and I are heading that way no bad luck. One thing about it. We enjoy the company of Mr. Haddix and Family. We talk to them everytime we go down and watch a game. I definately will be giving my buddies some hugs!! They are great people and I wish them nothing but the best this Friday night. Boyle is one of the best offensive teams I have seen. Coach Haddix has this team primed at the right time. I'll say the defense is dang good too. Wishing both teams a injuries-free game. Best game this week IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert, pjdoug
(10-23-2023, 01:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet every player and coach from Corbin will be at this game.

Smile 64SUR and I are heading that way no bad luck. One thing about it. We enjoy the company of Mr. Haddix and Family. We talk to them everytime we go down and watch a game. I definately will be giving my buddies some hugs!! They are great people and I wish them nothing but the best this Friday night. Boyle is one of the best offensive teams I have seen. Coach Haddix has this team primed at the right time. I'll say the defense is dang good too. Wishing both teams a injuries-free game. Best game this week IMO.

Looking to forward to seeing some good friends Friday.  Bull, be prepared if you're getting more hugs than Boyle gets points.   Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
Yes, their projected QB for this year was last year's starter and hurt his elbow in the last scrimmage against St. X and had surgery on the elbow in early September. Jaxon Strautman a sophomore who had not played any varsity until the game at Canton vs. Hoban. He is getting better each week and has overall done a good job. He threw a interception in the endzone vs. Corbin but has played well against Bryan Station.
Hugs and kisses aside, I am rooting for whatever benefits my hometown Redhounds. The way I see it is the biggest threat to Boyle's continuing reign of terror in 4A is having to come to Corbin to play the Redhounds. That would be the most serious challenge to their long 4A dominance. Not having to play at Corbin would make a fourth straight title highly probable, imo. GO BRONCOS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
Haddix has a stable of Athletes there at Boyle. Rebels win. And here is why.

Quissenberry
Brown
Brown
Bodner
Dawson
Driver

Douglas has some studs as well. But they aren’t even close to the same team they had last year. They were the most dominant team I have seen in HSFB.

Oldschool, we want no part of the Rebels this year. Or next. Unless they can get the twins a 6th year. But then again, even next year we won’t have people to cover Quissenberry, Brown, Brown, and Driver.

The main reason is. Justin is simply a better coach. Our hounds have no leaders. We let the old hounds lead. It’s all about the old hounds and how they think the program should be. While Justin is running out of fingers to hold rings. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was ordering for his toes before it’s over with. 41 years. Man that’s been a minute.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Hound05
Instead of copying every thread that makes good points I’ll just say it all

1) FD better bring their A game, very true. But boyle will also.

2) I think FD would beat LCA, Lex cath etc. so boyle don’t need to get behind or play like “Boyle” for only half a game because it will make it very tough on them.

3)boyle has the best offense in the state. I don’t think boyles D is as good as FDs but boyles offense is better than FDs defense. What kills the broncos in this game will be their offense. Boyle will score and their defense will hold them enough to win

4) I don’t expect a low scoring game. I think the Corbin game was an anomaly. Sometimes on all levels you have “those games” where just the flow of it is just a defensive battle. I’ve seen both great offense on both sides get in a low scoring battle, and great defenses on both sides get in a a rather high back and forth game. It’s just one of those things. I know regardless of what outcome we get people will run with it and try to compare Corbin and boyle by their like opponents. Even though game styles, conditions etc are way different. But I guess it’s fun to talk about.

5) If boyle wins this game by 10-14 I’m not that worried. If they win by 3+ TDs you might as well leave the buses running that Friday night in November so at least the red bunch will be warm on the ride back. Honestly I don’t know what to expect.

6) someone said Corbin’s coaches staff will be there. But honestly, I can see them not attending, not something I’d recommend but I don’t get paid their money so what do I know. But you can guarantee if Haddix were here, he’d be there plotting something, watching signs, checks down, subs, and how fast the water boys get out there and back. And that’s what it takes. Every single advantage you can get with a killer mentality!!
(10-23-2023, 06:40 PM)HighViz Wrote: The main reason is.  Justin is simply a better coach.  Our hounds have no leaders.  We let the old hounds lead.  It’s all about the old hounds and how they think the program should be.  While Justin is running out of fingers to hold rings.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he was ordering for his toes before it’s over with.  41 years. Man that’s been a minute.
Exactly. In the grand scheme of things I think it’s pretty funny it back fired on all those old heads. Sad for the kids that had to suffer because of it. But I’m starting to see some shift in some thay maybe it was a bad idea of letting him go. Some of the older ones before the 80s team seem to be doubling down and playing mind games with themselves thinking they’re right. But like I said years ago when all of this came to be, wouldn’t it just be easier for them boys to have their chrome helmets and listen to rap rocking state championship rings? It seemed like they were having more fun
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
I don't see this game listed on the NFHS site for upcoming games. Does anybody know for sure where it can be found?
(10-23-2023, 07:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 06:40 PM)HighViz Wrote: The main reason is.  Justin is simply a better coach.  Our hounds have no leaders.  We let the old hounds lead.  It’s all about the old hounds and how they think the program should be.  While Justin is running out of fingers to hold rings.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he was ordering for his toes before it’s over with.  41 years. Man that’s been a minute.
Exactly. In the grand scheme of things I think it’s pretty funny it back fired on all those old heads. Sad for the kids that had to suffer because of it. But I’m starting to see some shift in some thay maybe it was a bad idea of letting him go. Some of the older ones before the 80s team seem to be doubling down and playing mind games with themselves thinking they’re right. But like I said years ago when all of this came to be, wouldn’t it just be easier for them boys to have their chrome helmets and listen to rap rocking state championship rings? It seemed like they were having more fun
Plain and simple jealousy is what doomed Haddix at Corbin…He became the face of the program and people loved him and what he was doing, the old heads hated the whole Haddix Hounds moniker, I don’t know how many times I heard a off hand comment about it.  They hated how he got all the praise, credit, attention, and people didn’t talk about them anymore.
[-] The following 4 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, HighViz, Hound05
(10-23-2023, 08:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
Plain and simple jealousy is what doomed Haddix at Corbin…He became the face of the program and people loved him and what he was doing, the old heads hated the whole Haddix Hounds moniker, I don’t know how many times I heard a off hand comment about it.  They hated how he got all the praise, credit, attention, and people didn’t talk about them anymore.
Exactly!! Now they can be associated with the coach who let more talent go by than any, with nothing to show for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
NFHS Network camera is at Douglass and shows any event. I think is also going to be on the Gilcod network as well.
(10-23-2023, 08:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Who are we talking about here? Is Old School and Viz the only two that names names.   I wanna know what "Old Heads" you are talking about? Who was jealous of Justin? Are we talking Tremaine, Hart, Foley, Cox ? What about Dorthea Weber? Is she an old head, too?
(10-23-2023, 10:20 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: NFHS Network camera is at Douglass and shows any event. I think is also going to be on the Gilcod network as well.
I think you are right. THANKS
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • toolaidback
48 hours to go!
[-] The following 5 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!, Hatz, HighViz, The Red Eminence
(10-25-2023, 05:10 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:

This is the one to watch.  Glicod does a good job.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, toolaidback
Any one who continues to believe it was a good idea to let Haddix go, should be disqualified from making any decisions regarding Corbin football! Seriously, do some people believe this?
Heading to Lexington this evening hoping for a Boyle win and I don’t care if it’s by 1 point absolutely don’t want to travel to Corbin to play in the 3rd round.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • The Red Eminence
(10-27-2023, 01:17 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Heading to Lexington this evening hoping for a Boyle win and I don’t care if it’s by 1 point absolutely don’t want to travel to Corbin to play in the 3rd round.
Well the feeling is the same down here haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-27-2023, 01:17 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Heading to Lexington this evening hoping for a Boyle win and I don’t care if it’s by 1 point absolutely don’t want to travel to Corbin to play in the 3rd round.

The refs in Corbin are terrible and if boyle plays at Corbin they will have to beat 15 on 11 counting the refs. Every team that plays there gets screwed.
(10-27-2023, 02:44 PM)True pioneer Wrote:

The refs in Corbin are terrible and if boyle plays at Corbin they will have to beat 15 on 11 counting the refs. Every team that plays there gets screwed.

Would you just STOP IT with that sh!t ?!?!   No, as I think about it, don't stop it. Keep it up !!!  It's just that much more a psychological advantage for the Hounds if the opponents think that way.
I'm pulling for Boyle (of course) in a close one. But more importantly, want to get through the game with no injuries going into postseason play.
I have my Bronco Merch on the bed. Getting ready to suit up .  GO BRONCOS !!! Send Justin & Melissa back to Corbin for a :

RUDE AWAKENING

[Image: https://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestlin...imated.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(10-27-2023, 06:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

We've watch some games at your place. Look at the penalties called on your opponents compared to you all. Plus getting 3 Douglas ball players kick out which to got reinstated after the appeal.  Facts are Facts. Like it or leave it the refs are paid off.

Would you just STOP IT with that sh!t ?!?!   No, as I think about it, don't stop it. Keep it up !!!  It's just that much more a psychological advantage for the Hounds if the opponents think that way.
(10-23-2023, 01:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Have fun  and have a safe trip

You're whining again .