Poll: Boyle County vs. Frederick Douglass Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
73.33%
Frederick Douglass
26.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County at Frederick Douglass 10/27
The Rebels (9-0) travel to "The Farm" to take on the Broncos (5-3) the kickoff is scheduled for 7:30. This should be one of the better end of season games. The Rebels of Boyle Co. may very well be the best team in the state no matter of class. The Broncos have played one of the best schedules in the state this season and are starting to show much improvement on the offensive side of the ball.

This will mark the 3rd time the teams have played. They have both won convincedly on each other's field. The first time they played in 2021 the Rebels came to Douglass and defeated the Broncos 34-7 on their way to a 14-1 and state championship season. The Broncos returned the favor last year in their 15-0 state championship season by defeating the Rebels 37-6. 

That 37-6 loss last season at home to Douglass is the last game that Boyle has lost they went on after that game to roll to the 2022 state championship by an average of over 22 points per game. They currently have the state's longest winning streak at 14.

The game will can be seen on for sure I believe on the NFHS Network and on Gilcod and I'm not sure it will be on the Boyle Co. network I would assume so. The Broncos will have to bring their A game to beat the Rebels, but I think it will be a good game for both programs going into their respective playoffs.
Pulling for the Broncos to send Haddix back to Corbin for the real state championship game.

Who are we calling the favorite in this game?
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, The Red Eminence
I don't know about that I am a FD guy through and through, but Boyle looks very, very good this year. They have beat a possible 2A State Champ and thumped a team I think could very well win the 5A title. It will be tough for my Broncos.

I think Boyle is really good and I think they have the best athlete in the state. imo
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Is Boyle the favorite in this one? Who would you favor and by how many points?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • The Red Eminence
(10-21-2023, 11:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Is Boyle the favorite in this one?  Who would you favor and by how many points?
Boyle seems to have a rendezvous with destiny regarding their quest for four straight titles. The Rebels appear superior on both sides of the ball. FD presents a good test, but Corbin will be the first serious threat. 

But hey, anything could happen. I take Boyle by two touchdowns.
(10-22-2023, 02:43 AM)The Red Eminence Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 11:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Is Boyle the favorite in this one?  Who would you favor and by how many points?
Boyle seems to have a rendezvous with destiny regarding their quest for four straight titles. The Rebels appear superior on both sides of the ball. FD presents a good test, but Corbin will be the first serious threat. 

You think Boyle's defense is better than Fred D ?
Boyle by 17.
Calpreps gives Boyle the edge 28-24 in a neutral field matchup.
Boyle Co will roll over Bio Med/ Carter Woodson HS, unless they decide to rest their players for a deep playoff run and possible matchup with Corbin. BC 35- 7
Freddie D gives them a reality check.
Freddie D - 21
Rebels - 19
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Westside
I'm going with Freddy D. In this one.
Going with the best offense in the state

Boyle County 35
Frederick Douglass 14
This game will go 1 of 3 ways Boyle loses, Boyle barely beats Douglas like Corbin did or last but not least Boyle makes a statement to the rest of 4A and I’m going inclined to believe the latter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • know1
Boyle 28
FD 21
(10-22-2023, 08:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

After watching the Douglas - -Station game I believe Boyle’s defense is as good as Douglas’s defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • The Red Eminence
If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

Taking a safe low score pick.. I don't see a 6-0 though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55
I don’t believe in any regular season game being a must win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • HighViz
I am taking Boyle County
Boyle County 35 FD 21
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

I hope Douglass beats Boyle like a rented mule.
What if Boyle beats Douglas like a rented mule?
(10-22-2023, 08:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

People point to FD nearly shutting out teams, but Boyle isn't Madison Central, George Rogers Clark, or Tates Creek. I realize that you can flip this comparison by pointing to weaker teams Boyle dominated on defense. What's the difference? FD has proven they're beatable. Boyle hasn't. I predict there will be a point in the game where defense steps up in a pivotal way, like when Driver tackled and popped the ball out, leading to a defensive touchdown against Lincoln. 

This is not to denigrate FD. I was at the first Boyle FD game when the Rebels absolutely shut down the Broncos' offense. I'll never forget it because I got caught in the rain with only a windbreaker! The week-long cold was worth it. I was there when FD returned the favor, embarrassing Boyle. My confidence in BC is not without limits, but I do have it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-22-2023, 01:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Boyle can't beat Frederick Douglass, then they sure wont beat Corbin at Corbin. I look for this game to mean a little more for both teams. Frederick Douglass needs this win for the fact that it's a statement game heading into the playoffs. Boyle needs to win to secure home field advantage in the 3rd round. I think it will be a knock down drag out game but like 64SUR said, Boyle has the best offense in the state. LCA is the second-best offense when hitting on all cylinders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle blow out Frederick Douglass. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its a barn burner coming down to the wire. Frederick Douglass is no joke. This is a must win game for Boyle County.

Boyle County 21
Frederick Douglass 14

The Corbin offense that we are seeing now would have beaten FD 27-0. Corbin had TD taken away by the refs,  got a turnover by a twin at the end of the first half, and came up empty in several red zone opportunities.  6-0 was deceiving.

I hope Douglass beats Boyle like a rented mule.

Surely you're not complaining about the calls from refs that are related to Corbin coaches are you??
I bet every player and coach from Corbin will be at this game.
(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet every player and coach from Corbin will be at this game.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the entire city of Corbin wearing Tennessee orange are in the Douglas bleachers.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, HighViz, Jack Lambert, The Red Eminence, TheStickyBandit
(10-22-2023, 04:36 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I bet every player and coach from Corbin will be at this game.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the entire city of Corbin wearing Tennessee orange are in the Douglas bleachers.

Smile I'll be on the Boyle Side and if its cold, I'll sip some Hot Chocolate!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • The Red Eminence
If Boyle wins by more than 1 score they need to start garnering some national attention.

Boyle Co. 31
Frederick Douglass 28
[-] The following 2 users Like Nations Elite's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, nemo

I hope Bull gets more hugs Friday night than Boyle gets points !!!
  • Bull got out!
Frederick Douglas wins if there QB is back. If not ima say Boyle county 28-20
(10-23-2023, 07:59 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Frederick Douglas wins if there QB is back. If not ima say Boyle county 28-20

I don't think he is expected back. I agree that Douglass would stand a great chance with him at QB.
  • Old School 18