Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 6 Frederick Douglass 0
(09-17-2023, 10:51 PM)HighViz Wrote: I was super excited about the defense.  Obviously the twins are great.  But they have a few more in the trenches that played great.  Offensive line played great as well.  FD was bigger and faster than CHS up front besides the twins.  Athleticism was also closer than I expected.  Well done! What more could you ask for defensively for either team? If anything was weaker it was the secondary pass coverage. Both secondaries tackled well.

Offensively, Elam played about as well as he could given the direction coming from Dad.  Estep is going to be like his brother. Stewart played great!

FD was pretty vanilla on the playcalling.  Running away from 99 is a bad idea if you run power.  He was catching the RB from the backside before a hole was created.  The QB floated balls the second half because he had several knocked down in the first half.  He just wasn’t good under the pressure that was coming from the edges.

CHS ran about 4-5 plays all night.  Scored 6 points.  Most were short range swing passes, screens.  Outside zone.  I mean if the object of the scheme is to get 5-6 yards. It worked.  I feel like, to bring a ring home they will need to spice up the midrange, long game.    Even after seeing them in this game in person as well as 1 other I don’t see them holding Boyle to less than 28-35 points.    That tells me, they need to figure out a way to score 29 or 36.
Really good post… my gut reaction at first during the game was why aren’t we throwing for the end zone their db’s where playing tight, Stewart and even Petroski I thought had the upper hand in their match ups.  Then I noticed the pressure they were getting on Elam, like Bull said I just don’t think the timing was there for much else to develop.  I’m still hoping to see more out of our offense and I don’t think this was a good game to judge it off of… I’m trying to not be over critical of our OC I thought he actually done a dang good job last year, there where a few calls he made that I didn’t like but who on gods green earth is gonna please a Rehound fan all the time?
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
(09-17-2023, 10:51 PM)HighViz Wrote: I was super excited about the defense.  Obviously the twins are great.  But they have a few more in the trenches that played great.  Offensive line played great as well.  FD was bigger and faster than CHS up front besides the twins.  Athleticism was also closer than I expected.  Well done! What more could you ask for defensively for either team? If anything was weaker it was the secondary pass coverage. Both secondaries tackled well.

Offensively, Elam played about as well as he could given the direction coming from Dad.  Estep is going to be like his brother. Stewart played great!

FD was pretty vanilla on the playcalling.  Running away from 99 is a bad idea if you run power.  He was catching the RB from the backside before a hole was created.  The QB floated balls the second half because he had several knocked down in the first half.  He just wasn’t good under the pressure that was coming from the edges.

CHS ran about 4-5 plays all night.  Scored 6 points.  Most were short range swing passes, screens.  Outside zone.  I mean if the object of the scheme is to get 5-6 yards. It worked.  I feel like, to bring a ring home they will need to spice up the midrange, long game.    Even after seeing them in this game in person as well as 1 other I don’t see them holding Boyle to less than 28-35 points.    That tells me, they need to figure out a way to score 29 or 36.
Good analysis. I think you are spot on this time. Corbin needs to put the ball in the endzone five times, at least,  to beat Boyle. Bart and Tommy have nine weeks to figure out how to get it done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-17-2023, 06:11 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 03:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 09:26 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 09:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-16-2023, 09:21 PM)Knuckleballer Nick Wrote: I would respond but I don't want to put much time into a post that will just get deleted. I don't believe that it is stupid for a person to hope that two teams that rely heavily on home grown talent to reach the state finals, nor do I believe that most BGR members want to see a rematch in the 4A finals.

As long as your post are on the right threads you are good ...... Smile
So, I take it that this is the right thread to call other members unbelievably stupid.  Smile

I've heard that truth hurts, and if the shoe fits. wear it.
Somehow, Mr. Doug's personal attacks and off topic posts never seem to get removed. I wonder why that is?

I see you're in a different personality today Mr . Bird. Owl be a monkey's uncle
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug, TD Hounds
(09-18-2023, 10:40 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.e8b251af1da6...ImgRaw&r=0]
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  Between this and Buford T Justice you all have kept me laughing today…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, pjdoug