Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Star Demariah Brown Transfers to Boyle County
(05-22-2023, 08:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 08:24 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 10:43 AM)GoDeepDawg Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 10:07 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 12:15 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: lol at some point you just have to realize the game isn’t the same it once was.
But let’s not act like teams have been robbing players from nearby schools for decades. Corbin made a living off it for years. There’s just somebody better at it and expanded there sites to the whole state instead of just the same area.

Say what you want, and these titles and trophies will look awesome in whatever cabinet Boyle ticks them away in, but it’ll never mean as much as it use to.

On a side note, if I were in the tri county area, I’d open a private school, 1A or 2A size, get all the players to come play from Corbin, Whitley, Knox, Laurel, and just win the damn thing every year.
If titles is all it’s about, see how long doing that last before enough crying starts to delegate teams out
Corbin don’t have to Recruit, kids just wanna come play at Corbin because of great coaching.
Love the sarcasm.

Corbin plays a weak schedule to make them look good and when they play a good team and loose. Championships attract a lot of kids . Boyle will keep getting them every year and doesn't have to recruit.  They are loaded with great coaches.

In defense of Corbin, weak schedule or not. Haddix had to bring his A game to win that championship last year. I don’t mind to break down the film with you and show you that Corbin could have won that game. Coaching played a very big factor in the outcome. Corbin had a very talented and tuff team last year and honestly played a heck of a championship game. Nearly won it. Looking at the schedule this year, Corbin plays a good schedule. I think they we’re actually smart in scheduling  Johnson Central and Frederick Douglass. You don’t get much better than those two teams to get you ready for 4A. I understand some doesn’t like Corbin. Like it or not they were a worthy contender last season.

I agree good game on both sides. They needed to step up their schedule.  A couple of losses during the season sometimes opens your eyes.
[-] The following 2 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(05-22-2023, 09:33 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 10:07 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Corbin don’t have to Recruit, kids just wanna come play at Corbin because of great coaching.
Love the sarcasm.

Corbin plays a weak schedule to make them look good and when they play a good team and loose. Championships attract a lot of kids . Boyle will keep getting them every year and doesn't have to recruit.  They are loaded with great coaches.

In defense of Corbin, weak schedule or not. Haddix had to bring his A game to win that championship last year. I don’t mind to break down the film with you and show you that Corbin could have won that game. Coaching played a very big factor in the outcome. Corbin had a very talented and tuff team last year and honestly played a heck of a championship game. Nearly won it. Looking at the schedule this year, Corbin plays a good schedule. I think they we’re actually smart in scheduling  Johnson Central and Frederick Douglass. You don’t get much better than those two teams to get you ready for 4A. I understand some doesn’t like Corbin. Like it or not they were a worthy contender last season.

I agree good game on both sides. They needed to step up their schedule.  A couple of losses during the season sometimes opens your eyes.
Frederick Douglass game will give a good indication of  strength of both Corbin and Boyle. Going to be awful hard to keep Haddix from getting a toe ring though. You get toe rings when you run out of fingers lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(05-22-2023, 09:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 09:33 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 10:43 AM)GoDeepDawg Wrote: Love the sarcasm.

Frederick Douglass game will give a good indication of  strength of both Corbin and Boyle. Going to be awful hard to keep Haddix from getting a toe ring though. You get toe rings when you run out of fingers lol.
Should be an interesting year. I'm ready for some football
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-21-2023, 10:07 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 12:15 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: lol at some point you just have to realize the game isn’t the same it once was.
But let’s not act like teams have been robbing players from nearby schools for decades. Corbin made a living off it for years. There’s just somebody better at it and expanded there sites to the whole state instead of just the same area.

Say what you want, and these titles and trophies will look awesome in whatever cabinet Boyle ticks them away in, but it’ll never mean as much as it use to.

On a side note, if I were in the tri county area, I’d open a private school, 1A or 2A size, get all the players to come play from Corbin, Whitley, Knox, Laurel, and just win the damn thing every year.
If titles is all it’s about, see how long doing that last before enough crying starts to delegate teams out
Corbin don’t have to Recruit, kids just wanna come play at Corbin because of great coaching.
Love the sarcasm.

I agree the Hounds could have won that one. Corbins offense got the job done but Corbins defense just couldn’t stop Haddix’s offense. It’s definitely true that offense wins games but defense wins championships. After last three years of scheduling I’m sure this years will be toughest for Corbin but I honestly think the Frederick Douglas game don’t happen for some reason ( gut feeling/ past experience). If Johnson Central comes into Corbin and beats the Hounds where does that put Corbin in 3rd round of playoffs? Haddix setting himself up for four in a row people. No team in 4A can beat Boyle County right now period. Calling it now Boyle County wins 4th State Championship in a row under Corbins ex coach Justin Haddix.
If Corbin loses to Johnson Central in the regular season then they will go to Boyle or Possibly play on the road a second time at Johnson Central in the 3rd round. Lots of possibilities. But I would almost bet they would have to play at Boyle with a regular season loss.
As long as the current regime is in power along with the current HC nothing is gonna change. Corbin has a very good chance at making it back to Commonwealth Stadium with the same results…. Until we get rid of this bunch and go back to putting results above politics it’s gonna be more of the same…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Big reports that some 13th region players are heading to the 12th.

I’m sure that means Corbin to Boyle but just relaying what was said
(05-26-2023, 10:55 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Big reports that some 13th region players are heading to the 12th.

Hmmmm
(05-26-2023, 11:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 10:55 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Big reports that some 13th region players are heading to the 12th.

Hmmmm

check out 13th region media network Twitter page
I see it.
(05-27-2023, 12:04 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Hmmmm

It means North Laurel to Rockcastle.
[-] The following 2 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • Bull got out!, KnoxvillesFinest
(05-27-2023, 09:29 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Hmmmm

The Twitter post did say a couple. So is there someone else they are aware of that is transferring.
(05-27-2023, 10:00 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Hmmmm

The Twitter post did say a couple. So is there someone else they are aware of that is transferring.

Larkey is trying to get 4-5 of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Cowboy42

Hmmmm

north Laurel and rockcastle transfers aren’t considered “big” but I get them trying to make it seem bigger than it is. That’s quickest way not to get somebody to follow you though. Nobody is interested in transfers to and from teams that can’t even win a region
(05-27-2023, 04:43 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Hmmmm

north Laurel and rockcastle transfers aren’t considered “big” but I get them trying to make it seem bigger than it is. That’s quickest way not to get somebody to follow you though. Nobody is interested in transfers to and from teams that can’t even win a region

I'll say it as nice as I can. North has some kids that I know for a fact that any program in the state would love to have transfer in. I'm not as famliar with Rockcastle as I am North but I'm sure they have to have some good athletes as well. So any transferring is a big deal to any school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
(05-03-2023, 09:17 AM)FallRock Wrote: Boyle might win the championship with a running clock in effect.
You called it lol