Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Corbin Redhounds
(02-10-2023, 09:14 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 04:20 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 01:23 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 11:18 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like the Lexington Catholic game added to the schedule.

Here’s a schedule that the Hounds should be playing: 1. Bowling Green ( Home-Pigskin), 2. Pulaski (away), 3. Beechwood (away), 4. Southwestern (home), 5. North Laurel (away). 6. Whitley (away), 7. Lexington Catholic (Home). 8. Letcher Central (away), 9. Perry Central (home). 10. Fredrick Douglas (home). In my opinion when we start scheduling like Champions then we’re on course to be Champions. Can’t play a weak A** schedule in regular season and expect to beat a Boyle County that schedules the top teams in regular season. If powers to be will put together a schedule like I’ve laid out here then get ready to battle. Plus when we lose the big one no one can say because we played weak schedule. Just my opinion.

The only problem with your logic here is that your saying that we’re still playing to win championships when we’re not…Wins matter not championships just for your fund of knowledge going forward…
Hypothetically speaking then, do you think my schedule is worthy of an A- for effort? Lol

Big Grin Yes hypothetically speaking I would give you a gold star…
PlayCaller66 I’ll give you a Double A plus…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Playcaller66
North Hardin on the schedule. At Garrard County Bowl Aug 25th
Guy Bailey Somerset Running Back now a Redhound.
(02-16-2023, 06:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Guy Bailey Somerset Running Back now a Redhound.

Did we need a RunningBack? Serious question, I thought we had a stable of good Runningbacks. Zander Curry, Jonah Mahan and Cole Stevens are three really good backs. We bring our backs up through TCSA and CMS to high school just so we can bring in other RB’s from other programs that we didn’t develop at the high school varsity level. At this point we can bring in three RB’s and we still ain’t beating Boyle County as long as Haddix is still at Boyle instead of our sideline. Btw, I’m not knocking the transfer kid as I’m sure he’s a great player, however in my opinion give the kids the opportunity to be that RB that you currently have on roster before trying to fill position with someone else from different district and school. Like to see our local kids get these positions as they deserve it. Just my opinion..
(02-17-2023, 10:43 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 06:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Guy Bailey Somerset Running Back now a Redhound.

Did we need a RunningBack? Serious question, I thought we had a stable of good Runningbacks. Zander Curry, Jonah Mahan and Cole Stevens are three really good backs. We bring our backs up through TCSA and CMS to high school just so we can bring in other RB’s from other programs that we didn’t develop at the high school varsity level. At this point we can bring in three RB’s and we still ain’t beating Boyle County as long as Haddix is still at Boyle instead of our sideline. Btw, I’m not knocking the transfer kid as I’m sure he’s a great player, however in my opinion give the kids the opportunity to be that RB that you currently have on roster before trying to fill position with someone else from different district and school. Like to see our local kids get these positions as they deserve it. Just my opinion..

Nowadays having a great program is a double edged sword in some aspects. Top level programs regularly attract high level junior and senior transfers which displace less talented kids who have “paid their dues”. The price you pay for competing/winning titles is  sacrificing loyalty to hometown kids that grew up in your program. To have the best team, the best 11 have to play, no matter how long they’ve been on the team. Whether you agree with that or not, that is what is happening. Top high school programs are becoming more like college every day. It’s not the same world as when we played where most all of the kids on a team went to that school their whole lives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • CC117
Why do you think they are "bringing in" this RB. The RB may want to come to Corbin because of the school, his family, the football tradition, the coaching change at Somerset. I had a guy come talk to me at a basketball game about Boyle "bringing in" an offensive lineman and how he didn't think it was right. That the boys that are coming from Boyle middle are going to get pushed down the depth chart. The funny thing about this conversation was that the player he was talking about, and was kin to him, lives in Lincoln County !! I do get what you are saying but I don't think there are many coaches trying to bring in players. Players and their parents gravitate to successful programs in all sports.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • fansville, Hatz
(02-16-2023, 05:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: North Hardin on the schedule. At Garrard County Bowl Aug 25th
WOW! North Hardin is starting to become the D1 Factory in this state along with Frederick Douglas. Their W/L may not look the best but they have flat out put the players out and continue to do so. Playing against great talent even if they may not be the best "team" definitely doesn't hurt things. Plus that AAAAAA helps out.

Both 6A schools plus Lex Cath and Pulaski are shaping up to be one hell of a schedule. Any ideas who the remaining teams are? Pigskin opponent?
(02-17-2023, 02:28 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 05:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: North Hardin on the schedule. At Garrard County Bowl Aug 25th
WOW! North Hardin is starting to become the D1 Factory in this state along with Frederick Douglas. Their W/L may not look the best but they have flat out put the players out and continue to do so. Playing against great talent even if they may not be the best "team" definitely doesn't hurt things. Plus that AAAAAA helps out.

Both 6A schools plus Lex Cath and Pulaski are shaping up to be one hell of a schedule. Any ideas who the remaining teams are? Pigskin opponent?

North Hardin is absolutely terrible.
(02-17-2023, 02:36 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I realize that but what is the reasoning behind it? They have plenty of talent. I know it takes more than 4 or 5 really good players to make a good team but is it coaching? I know a lot of their kids move in and out based on parents being at Ft. Knox but for the most part, NH has always been talented. Lately it's been on an uptick despite the past two season records.

You need to clear out your inbox. Big Grin

Rest easy, no two years at Corbin are alike. Baker came from Bell County after having a very good year at running back and barely saw the ball for a few snaps while at Corbin and played primarily linebacker and went on to play for EKU. Brody Wells, played defense his junior year and then finally got back on offense his senior year and looks to be EKU bound as well. We have had multiple kids play opposite of what they could have played being on either side of the ball. If I was a coach, I can't controll who walks on my field and laces up to start a season. But if a new player can out work the player who is already there, then its kinda a no brainer that who ever wins the spot gets the position. But there is proper ways to do it and not be shady about it.  Smile Thats the real issue.
(02-17-2023, 05:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Rest easy, no two years at Corbin are alike. Baker came from Bell County after having a very good year at running back and barely saw the ball for a few snaps while at Corbin and played primarily linebacker and went on to play for EKU. Brody Wells, played defense his junior year and then finally got back on offense his senior year and looks to be EKU bound as well. We have had multiple kids play opposite of what they could have played being on either side of the ball. If I was a coach, I can't controll who walks on my field and laces up to start a season. But if a new player can out work the player who is already there, then its kinda a no brainer that who ever wins the spot gets the position. But there is proper ways to do it and not be shady about it.  Smile Thats the real issue.

And shady has been the Corbin way. It can , and has, caused team strife, and loss of morale. Had the former Corbin QB, turned RB allowed his hurt(due to coaches' shady ways) to lead him to not accepting his new role, last season's run to Kroger would have ended prematurely, much in the way the previous season did.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(02-17-2023, 05:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

And shady has been the Corbin way. It can , and has, caused team strife, and loss of morale. Had the former Corbin QB, turned RB allowed his hurt(due to coaches' shady ways) to lead him to not accepting his new role, last season's run to Kroger would have ended prematurely, much in the way the previous season did.

It speaks volumes to that kids character. There aren't many athletes in the world that put the teams needs a head of their own. Those are the kids you want to see succeed and are special. Like Jalen Hurts at Alabama. I think Corbin's success this year was because of the unselfish attitude that was shown by one of their team leaders. Corbin's team was more talented in 2021 but the 2022 Hounds proved that mental makeup plays a huge factor in success.
(02-17-2023, 06:11 PM)LameDawg Wrote:

It speaks volumes to that kids character. There aren't many athletes in the world that put the teams needs a head of their own. Those are the kids you want to see succeed and are special. Like Jalen Hurts at Alabama. I think Corbin's success this year was because of the unselfish attitude that was shown by one of their team leaders. Corbin's team was more talented in 2021 but the 2022 Hounds proved that mental makeup plays a huge factor in success.

There is a story that didn't surface and out of respect for that athlete, I'm not putting it on here. But no doubt he is unselfish but it didn't go down like the outsiders might think it did. So I personally won't give kudos to the Corbin coaches for fake news they may put out there to cover it up... As far as a right way to go about putting players at spots, the main course of action is communicatioin. You wouldn't believe how far communication goes instead of dictatorship... I'll leave it at that.
  • Patriot1
Hazard is on the schedule looks like..
(02-17-2023, 02:54 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 02:36 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I realize that but what is the reasoning behind it? They have plenty of talent. I know it takes more than 4 or 5 really good players to make a good team but is it coaching? I know a lot of their kids move in and out based on parents being at Ft. Knox but for the most part, NH has always been talented. Lately it's been on an uptick despite the past two season records.

You need to clear out your inbox. Big Grin

They have a few kids that look the part and terrible coaching to back it up. And my inbox should be open only 7% is used.
(02-17-2023, 06:11 PM)LameDawg Wrote:

Excellent post .  Every word straight up truth!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Playcaller66
Bump
What probability are we giving the Hounds to break their 41 year State title drought? 10% , 20% , >20%

How many trophies would Corbin have if Haddix had been allowed to remain in Corbin?
  • Bull got out!
(03-10-2023, 02:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: What probability are we giving the Hounds to break their 41 year State title drought?  10% ,  20%  ,  >20%

How many trophies would Corbin have if Haddix had been allowed to remain in Corbin?
10% to 20% - The Hounds will need upset wins over Johnson Central and Boyle County to win the title. Transfers could change the odds.

Maybe one. It is doubtful that Haddix would have benefitted from as many key transfers at Corbin as he has at Boyle. Given the same players, Haddix would have made Corbin more competitive but I think some Corbin fans overestimate Haddix's ability. He has benefitted as much from his location as Boyle County has benefitted from his presence. Boyle County was well coached before Haddix and they will be well coached when he leaves.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz, Rebel55, TD Hounds
(03-10-2023, 03:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 02:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: What probability are we giving the Hounds to break their 41 year State title drought?  10% ,  20%  ,  >20%

10% to 20% - The Hounds will need upset wins over Johnson Central and Boyle County to win the title. Transfers could change the odds.

Maybe one. It is doubtful that Haddix would have benefitted from as many key transfers at Corbin as he has at Boyle. Given the same players, Haddix would have made Corbin more competitive but I think some Corbin fans overestimate Haddix's ability. He has benefitted as much from his location as Boyle County has benefitted from his presence. Boyle County was well coached before Haddix and they will be well coached when he leaves.

I agree with much of that. Would love to see another Corbin/JC game(hopefully in Corbin again). Was very impressed with JC. That was a lot of fun. 

In Smith and Haddix, Boyle has had two of the best.

Why would it be considered a upset if Corbin beats Johnson Central?

I think Corbin has a good shot at getting to the title game this season. Winning the whole thing, well you know the story. Haddix IMO could have won 2 titles at the least if he would have stayed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound, Playcaller66
(03-10-2023, 09:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I think Corbin has a good shot at getting to the title game this season. Winning the whole thing, well you know the story. Haddix IMO could have won 2 titles at the least if he would have stayed.

The Hounds will be a very good team this year, however, IMO they don’t get by 3rd round of playoffs this season. Too many intangibles involved this year. Corbin Football is evolving right before our eyes. We are no longer considered a smash mouth football team. We’re slowing becoming a west coast offensive air assault team. This is all good in the neighborhood but once Elam departs Corbin in next couple years we’ll have to go back to the ground game. Corbins best shot was last year and nearly got in done. While we’re racking up runnerups someone else is racking up on rings. Low chance of winning 4A this year for the Hounds. These next two years will be very good if you’re a receiver because trust me the ball will be in the air a lot more than on the ground. I seriously expect the Hounds to be beat in 3rd round of playoffs this season. 41 and counting….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!
I heard through the grapevine that Greer is promising to run the ball more this year…….LOL.
(03-15-2023, 12:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I heard through the grapevine that Greer is promising to run the ball more this year…….LOL.
Lol, I would say that too if I had a stable full of RBs. However the harsh reality is that only one or two of those will get any meaningful carries this year while the other 3+ watch from the sideline and get the same promise next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!
I need to sell all you sports fans one of my newly printed cook books. I tried to contact the marketing director Granny Bear to help me, but her inbox is full Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-10-2023, 09:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

It's those damn voices in his head again.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(03-17-2023, 02:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I listen to the voices in my head and I cause myself to get tickled sometimes lol.  Smile
  • Old School Hound
(03-17-2023, 06:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 02:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I listen to the voices in my head and I cause myself to get tickled sometimes lol.  Smile

I think we all hear voices at times.  lol   I don't know how anyone could say whether Corbin or JC would be favored at this point. Both will have solid teams.

Bull, will Corbin's early round opponents likely be different from years past?  Will Boyle likely be in an earlier round than before ? JC still in round 3 ?   I know there was some reshuffling of districts. I don't pay much attention to that but was wondering how the reshuffling would affect playoff opponents.  Thanks, in advance.
  • Bull got out!