Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Job (Open)
Who is in line behind Clevenger?
Keep hearing Parks.
(11-30-2022, 12:28 AM)BEChargers Wrote: Keep hearing Parks.

What are Parks’ accomplishments as a head football coach. What do you all think, is Parks the right hire for the Danville job? Can someone list his accomplishments as a head coach for us??
I had a parent of Danville football player ask me about Parks and that he was the leading candidate. Anyone hired over Clevenger would be a wrong hire in my book.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers
i am hearing big name could former person come back home
(11-30-2022, 05:43 PM)hchs fan Wrote: i am hearing big name could former person come back home

If the big name currently makes $450,000 coaching college defense this season I can’t see how.
Shadon Brown is not walking through that door.
(11-30-2022, 04:35 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I had a parent of Danville football player ask me about Parks and that he was the leading candidate.  Anyone hired over Clevenger would be a wrong hire in my book.

Anyone hired over Clevenger would be the wrong hire because Clevenger is the victim of a witch hunt which is why most people here don’t want anyone else. They want to see justice prevail. If the school hires someone else the administration is continuing this injustice and are party to this injustice. Does that make sense? Dr. Ross the schools’ superintendent has publicly apologized to Clevenger and stated that the school did wrong. What other choice is there here???? We’ve had enough of administrators putting their personal desire and preference above the best interest of the school system. Professionals make professional decisions in the best interest of their organization not personal decisions based on friendships and social clicks. Ross needs to exert his authority and make sure the school does the right thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(11-29-2022, 11:00 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 12:57 AM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 10:20 AM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 01:30 AM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 06:31 PM)jlow Wrote: 107-120 w/o title game experience. I doubt it. Still, he has a done a great job at Casey irregardless.
I don't think Danville with get anyone with a modern title game experience to come there. This has to be a brave coach who has ultra confidence and still at least somewhat youthful energy to try and gain players and alumni respect. It will either have to be someone with a lot of head coach experience where you can just see, "this guy knows what he's doing", or get a very young coach who just has an impressive personality and 'feel' about them. I still say Stonebraker is easily the best candidate who is interested currently. If Stoney did get the Danville job I wouldn't mind having Peach here.

(11-21-2022, 04:22 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Goldsmith can count to 205 .. the number of passing yards he had in the 2009 state championship game! Get a grip smoke and quit smoking that gas!
The state guy counted...he just took their word for it.
You must not be a Goldsmith fan. I don't know him, but this is the only forum I've seen his name even mentioned. Although, I haven't seen many names mentioned period.
I like Goldsmith. I know who he is and a good guy. First, I knew if he saw this he might actually get a kick out of it. He coached, his first coaching job that I know of was UNDER Stonebraker. In all honestly I know he'd put his all into any coaching job. But I don't know if he has the experience to be the head guy yet. I mean Stoney tutored him at least for a year, but I know where their knowledge and experience level is in terms of running the show as opposed to being part of the show. And just thinking of STonebraker from a friendship angle, he DESERVES it. He's almost 48 and has always went to build programs and is just now getting to that point I think he wants to fully go in on a power program. I know Danville was his dream job, even back 20 years ago.

(11-23-2022, 10:27 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: I saw Somerset mentioned. Somerset will draw applicants from all parts of the surrounding counties. I'd say current head coaches and assistants will all apply for that position, respectfully. As far as Danville, Clevenger is a top level coach. But, the "Clevenger or else" mindset is one of the reasons that another good coach, like Coach Peach for example, had 0% chance at success at Danville. The Danville community needs to understand that maybe Clevenger just simply isn't coming back. I for one, do not expect him to come back. So, they need to be willing to support whoever is hired.
Totally agree. I see Clevenger as a very good coach, but the city made Peach the bad guy even though I know he can coach and all other coaches believe he can. But they have to get past it's Clevenger or no one. If Clevenger wants to continue coaching college then Danville is too rooted in great tradition they need to get behind one coach and support them fully.

Peach did not run the Danville program to the standards set by Sam Harp and Clay Clevenger. I know Peach is a good coach, which made all that I observed perplexing. Not what I expected to see from a coach that has taken two teams to state championship games. Not close. I won’t say it was all his fault, but he has to share the responsibility for things going as they did. 

If Clevenger wishes to coach elsewhere, Danville will accept and support the next coach so long as one of the better applicants is chosen. If the best applicants are passed over for less qualified friends of administrators Danville isn’t going to accept that at all. In fact, you probably haven’t seen anything yet if that happens. At that point the community will have lost faith in the new administration. 

Clevenger is the best candidate for the Danville job. He is Danville Football. Next man up has to do a lot of damage control fast. There isn’t another coach that could do that faster. And it would go a long way in building positive feeling in the community for the new administration. It’s just the right decision all the way around.
Well I just hope Danville gets the right man and they return to a great program. I'm a Casey guy but working at American Greetings for a few years, making all those great friends in a few years who became like close relatives I became a Danville fan in the mid 1990s. I attended games as it was closer to leave from work on a few Fridays and watch. If I can have 2 teams without being disloyal, the Admirals are my second team. I was probably as big a fan of VanCleave when he played there, and then way back to Kinte Bess when he was there (I worked with him for about 2 weeks, RIP to him), but I followed them like they were NFL stars.
(11-23-2022, 01:38 PM)Shogun Wrote: I hate to get into something while folks are still grieving, but you have to think that any coaches that are looking at the Danville job are going to throw their name in the hat for the Somerset job as well. That could make things interesting.

(11-23-2022, 01:21 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Everyone wants Clevenger, which means Danville will likely hire someone else and several of their talented players will be off to Boyle, Dunbar and Lincoln County.

Has Danville lost players to PLD? What's the connection there? Didn't realize that was a thing.

They haven't lost any players to Dunbar yet.

(11-30-2022, 10:13 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 04:35 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I had a parent of Danville football player ask me about Parks and that he was the leading candidate.  Anyone hired over Clevenger would be a wrong hire in my book.

Anyone hired over Clevenger would be the wrong hire because Clevenger is the victim of a witch hunt which is why most people here don’t want anyone else. They want to see justice prevail. If the school hires someone else the administration is continuing this injustice and are party to this injustice. Does that make sense? Dr. Ross the schools’ superintendent has publicly apologized to Clevenger and stated that the school did wrong. What other choice is there here???? We’ve had enough of administrators putting their personal desire and preference above the best interest of the school system. Professionals make professional decisions in the best interest of their organization not personal decisions based on friendships and social clicks. Ross needs to exert his authority and make sure the school does the right thing.

This. Hiring Clevenger and wiping out the mistakes that were made is the only way to resurrect Danville.
[-] The following 3 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers, Danville Blue Devil, Gitback Coach
Does Clay want the job back?
(12-01-2022, 03:50 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Does Clay want the job back?
I've heard he applied but could be feeling them out on if he can get the AD job with it.  With what happened the last time, that is the only way I would take it back if I was him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Gitback Coach
what about larry french
I was told that Clevenger is not an applicant. Whether that means he never applied or pulled his name out they weren’t sure.
(12-01-2022, 04:47 PM)Pads Down Wrote: I was told that Clevenger is not an applicant. Whether that means he never applied or pulled his name out they weren’t sure.

Some of their players will be leaving then.
(12-01-2022, 04:47 PM)Pads Down Wrote: I was told that Clevenger is not an applicant. Whether that means he never applied or pulled his name out they weren’t sure.
I had heard the same when the position first opened back up. We will see what happens. Curious of Danville's next move. Any other area school coaches they would consider?

Absolutely false. Hand to God Clevenger has applied. He has not removed his name from consideration. How close is your source to the school?

(12-01-2022, 08:22 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:
I had heard the same when the position first opened back up. We will see what happens. Curious of Danville's next move. Any other area school coaches they would consider?

Clevenger has applied. Anyone that says otherwise either just doesn’t know or may be trying to spread false information. There supposedly are applicants  from area schools. Hiring anyone other than Clevenger is a mistake. Clevenger is too much a part of the heart and soul of Danville. Who rips their own heart out and survives?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Gitback Coach
It sounds like Danville is getting ready to make an incredibly stupid hire (surprise).
(12-05-2022, 11:32 AM)jamesclay Wrote: It sounds like Danville is getting ready to make an incredibly stupid hire (surprise).

Details?
(12-05-2022, 12:02 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 11:32 AM)jamesclay Wrote: It sounds like Danville is getting ready to make an incredibly stupid hire (surprise).

Details?

Hmmmmmm. So does that mean expect a smaller roster.  Smile
Clevenger will not be back at Danville ….they never even gave him an interview
It is looking like the entire coaching search may be a facade to legitimize a choice they made likely before Peach ever resigned. The supposed next coach was announced the day Peach resigned by someone on social media which then made it quickly to this thread. Somehow the entire search process apparently has miraculously lead to that very same candidate despite a lifetime losing record that resulted in termination from his longest held job. The whole thing feels disingenuous and right on brand for the new Danville.
(12-06-2022, 08:26 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: It is looking like the entire coaching search may be a facade to legitimize a choice they made likely before Peach ever resigned. The supposed next coach was announced the day Peach resigned by someone on social media which then made it quickly to this thread. Somehow the entire search process apparently has miraculously lead to that very same candidate despite a lifetime losing record that resulted in termination from his longest held job. The whole thing feels disingenuous and right on brand for the new Danville.

I think this is exactly what happened according to someone at Danville. It was all predetermined probably even while the season was going on.  You'd think the Danville administration would have learned some valuable lessons the last time, but no. Don't pick Danville to win 2A anytime soon.
Who is it?
Word is the finalists are Parks and McCombs
(12-06-2022, 11:07 AM)Pads Down Wrote: Word is the finalists are Parks and McCombs
Who is McCombs?
(12-06-2022, 11:27 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 11:07 AM)Pads Down Wrote: Word is the finalists are Parks and McCombs
Who is McCombs?

A McMistake
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach
I was just told that Parks will be the likely guy over McCombs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pads Down's post:
  • Deuce8
This has to be one of the most embarrassing sagas in the state. Glad adults would rather pursue their personal vendettas than get the right guy to coach high school football and give these kids a chance to play in college.
[-] The following 1 user Likes whynot1224's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Yeah I don't see how any parent with the ability to do so, regardless of whether or not their child plays a sport, would not be moving their kids over to Boyle County right now. This whole debacle seems to have brought to the limelight that Danville's issues aren't just with getting the football program back on track. According to many Danville faithful, they seem to be systemic throughout the entire school district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Gitback Coach