Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville Job (Open)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Mark Peach has informed his team that he has resigned.

Hearing Boone Goldsmith will throw his name in the hat for this one.
Boone Goldsmith,

Why does that name sound familiar?
Best of luck to coach Peach in his future endeavors
Hearing Frank Parks as next coach. Can't say I know who this is. Anyone?
Frank Parks?
(11-14-2022, 12:54 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing Frank Parks as next coach.  Can't say I know who this is.  Anyone?

Current Berea Coach maybe? Sounds right. I'm not positive however.
I’ve also heard the name Goldsmith.
Whoever takes it will have their hands full. Danville was a pure s*&#show on the few games I watched.
I have watched a couple Berea games in past few years. Coach Parks’ teams are well coached, fundamental, and play hard. Thing is he has about 15 guys that play every play on offense, defense, and specials.

I think he will do a great
Job wherever he is at!
(11-14-2022, 02:22 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve also heard the name Goldsmith.
I have heard this as well. Thinking he coaches at Boyle.
(11-14-2022, 03:52 PM)Ned Gremlin Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 02:22 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve also heard the name Goldsmith.
I have heard this as well. Thinking he coaches at Boyle.
Yes he's a Boyle AC.
I don't think either of those names would work out at Danville. Just my opinion.
Parks is HC currently at Berea
Has Parks had success anywhere? Fired from Bryan Station in 2019. 8-14 in the last two seasons at Berea. 35-55 at Bryan Station 2012-2019. He can rebuild Danville after their two year debacle of a new direction???

There are proven coaches that want this job. Coaches that have built programs. Coaches that have won championships.

Professional leadership makes professional decisions. The community is watching.
What kind of team do they expect to return?
(11-14-2022, 07:54 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: [ -> ]Has Parks had success anywhere? Fired from Bryan Station in 2019. 8-14 in the last two seasons at Berea. 35-55 at Bryan Station 2012-2019. He can rebuild Danville after their two year debacle of a new direction??? 

There are proven coaches that want this job. Coaches that have built programs. Coaches that have won championships.

Professional leadership makes professional decisions. The community is watching.
Which “proven” coaches would want to take over the train wreck in Danville right now?
(11-14-2022, 08:31 PM)Mingo Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of team do they expect to return?

Think about guys like Paul Rains and Ray Graham.  These guys have had a lot of success, and also coached one win teams.  Sometimes…..it’s the Jimmies and the Joes and the right fit.

Didnt Dale Mueller have a losing record before landing the job at Highlands?  I think I read that somewhere, once.

Crucial to any coach having success is support and facilities…..then every now and then it just clicks.  Haywood leaving Prestonsburg for Belfry for example….
I'm just throwing this out there. Would a Larry French want to come back to central Kentucky? He's coached at Mercer, Lincoln, and Boyle County. No doubt Mr. French could do a great job at Danville.
Boone Goldsmith was QB for Boyle on I believe the 2010 State Championship team his dad Billy Goldsmith was a long time assistant coach at Boyle, Boone may also be an assistant at Boyle not sure where he is at this time.

(11-14-2022, 12:31 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Boone Goldsmith,

Why does that name sound familiar?

(11-14-2022, 11:04 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just throwing this out there. Would a Larry French want to come back to central Kentucky? He's coached at Mercer, Lincoln, and Boyle County. No doubt Mr. French could do a great job at Danville.

Larry would be a good fit at Danville.
(11-14-2022, 11:04 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just throwing this out there.  Would a Larry French want to come back to central Kentucky?  He's coached at Mercer, Lincoln, and Boyle County.  No doubt Mr. French could do a great job at Danville.
Might get the rivalry back going?
David BUCHANON perhaps…..
From what I am hearing already there are going to be some very good applicants. If Danville hires a principals friend over all the good applicants that are going to apply it will be time for new principals in Danville again.

(11-14-2022, 09:34 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 07:54 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: [ -> ]Has Parks had success anywhere? Fired from Bryan Station in 2019. 8-14 in the last two seasons at Berea. 35-55 at Bryan Station 2012-2019. He can rebuild Danville after their two year debacle of a new direction??? 

Which “proven” coaches would want to take over the train wreck in Danville right now?

I get it, I feel that completely, but there are. I guess it’s based on potential they see. Big question for me would be administration. IMHO that is the biggest strike against Danville. Lack of commitment to football. I can’t say who the coaches are in respect to my sources and those coaches. there will be applicants that have built programs to high levels.
(11-14-2022, 11:04 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just throwing this out there.  Would a Larry French want to come back to central Kentucky?  He's coached at Mercer, Lincoln, and Boyle County.  No doubt Mr. French could do a great job at Danville.

I know a man that wasn't too far from that area. Dudley! Dudley! Dudley! lol
Larry French would be a home run hire. He did win a couple of state championships down the road.
If Clay Clevenger is not the first person considered, called, or sought after, the community may burn the school down :)
The folks at Danville are not ready to let go of what happened to Clevenger and if he isn't considered, then the folks of Danville will struggle to get behind whoever is next. The only way they move on quicker is if he is offered and then turns it down, then it may make it a little easier on whoever is next.

I like the thought of Larry French or David Buchanan if Clay isn't interested.
(11-15-2022, 12:50 AM)watcher Wrote: [ -> ]Larry French would be a home run hire.  He did win a couple of state championships down the road.

If he were to apply there would then be multiple state championship coaches in the applicant pool, possibly three. If that happens and they choose to hire none of them it will be clear what Danvilles problem truly is.
Talk about a job that is nothing but walking on egg shells.

If the entire Danville football community (administration, parents, fans, etc.) doesn’t change their outlook this will be a revolving door for years to come.

This will not be an easy fix and will take several years. Not sure who the right guy is but, I feel like it needs to be an older, established guy with a long history of success. And when I say success I don’t mean just wins and losses- I’m talking structure, attitude, stability and just doing things the right way.

I wish the Ads nothing but success in this coaching search- they need to take their time and make damn sure they get this right or they may never get this program back.
I just knew Larry French had coached in the area. I know several people in the area knows him. He is a good man and legendary coach. Not sure where he is on the all time wins list. I think he might be in the top five. I am sure that stat is somewhere on KHSAA. I am sure there will be other quality candidates.
(11-15-2022, 01:08 AM)watcher Wrote: [ -> ]I just knew Larry French had coached in the area.  I know several people in the area knows him.  He is a good man and legendary coach.  Not sure where he is on the all time wins list.  I think he might be in the top five.  I am sure that stat is somewhere on KHSAA.  I am sure there will be other quality candidates.

Right and I didn’t mean to suggest that you were saying he would apply. I have heard several people locally mention him today. I agree with one of the above posts that the coach should be a proven coach if possible. People here are alarmed at the rumor of a friend of the principals being a front runner before the job was posted in light of other coaches that they know are interested. I want to clarify a statement I made above about multiple state championship coaches applying. I know of one for sure. If Clevenger were to apply that would be two. French who I have no credible information at all that he has any interest would be three. What I want to clarify though is that there will also be other good candidates with proven success building programs. In total there will be a substantial applicant pool this time too significant for somebody’s friend with a few marginal winning seasons in a decade to be named the coach here.
(11-14-2022, 11:49 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: [ -> ]From what I am hearing already there are going to be some very good applicants. If Danville hires a principals friend over all the good applicants that are going to apply it will be time for new principals in Danville again.

(11-14-2022, 09:34 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

I get it, I feel that completely, but there are. I guess it’s based on potential they see. Big question for me would be administration. IMHO that is the biggest strike against Danville. Lack of commitment to football. I can’t say who the coaches are in respect to my sources and those coaches. there will be applicants that have built programs to high levels.
I completely understand not burning your sources. 

I was not trying to be negative in my post, I am rooting for Danville, I have family that graduated from Danville and they played on some really good teams. 

You are probably correct in saying that coaches want to come to Danville because they see potential, Danville still has a ton of talented kids that can really play. They always have and probably always will. 

Unfortunately, you are also correct in saying that the biggest question right now is the administration's commitment to football. But we will find out how committed they are pretty soon I would say, we should be able to tell how committed they are based off of who they hire.   

I would love for Danville to get back on track, it just makes 2A football better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5