•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central at Corbin 11/11
(11-06-2022, 04:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Letcher County Central avoids turnovers and recovers an onside kick or two, then they will have a good shot at an upset. LCC may be the best running team that Corbin plays this season unless they play Johnson Central next week.

Corbin by 12

Corbin will have a big advantage in the kicking game. I doubt that LCC attempts to kick an extra point and Corbin should start drives with a short field.
We’ve played both rushing and passing teams in the top 5 in the state Regardless
of class. I think we’ll be prepared for about any style. I still look for LCC to try some wrinkles or trickery in their O. I’m sure it will be sometbing we or anyone else hasn’t seen from them. But I said it before In the week. That only works for so long. But without it LCC does a good job with motions to try and confuse Pass coverage. You see them motion a back out and he’ll be wide open. I don’t think they’ll get much of those with us. But who knows?? I like watching their offense. But like you or someone else said, they rely To much on 2 or 3 players. About like Wayne and Knox did, although I think LCC is better. 

your quote reminded me of that show and I can’t think of the name of it. But the guy said to the team “don’t give up! We’re only 2 scores, the extra points, 2 onside kicks, and a FG of making it a game!” Hahah 

off topic- did anyone realize SK was top
5 in rushing regardless of class? That blew my mind. But not in the top 10 in passing. Which makes sense since the QB was out. But shocked me about the rushing. Especially as much as they throw
Letcher County Central (8-3)
Aug 19, 22 Shelby Valley home (W) 52 - 48 
Aug 26, 22 David Crockett (Jonesborough), TN away (L) 0 - 35
Sep 2, 22 Pike County Central home (W) 48 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 Hazard away (L) 50 - 52 
Sep 16, 22 Breathitt County home (W) 32 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 Perry County Central away (W) 49 - 32 
Sep 30, 22 Harlan County home (W) 45 - 6 
Oct 7, 22 Clay County home (W) 59 - 18 
Oct 21, 22 Johnson Central away (L) 34 - 35 
Oct 28, 22 Bourbon County home (W) 45 - 6
Nov 4, 22 Knox Central home (W) 61 - 6

Corbin (11-0)
Aug 19, 22 Pikeville home (W) 24 - 19  Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 22 Whitley County home (W) 42 - 13 
Sep 2, 22 Franklin County away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 9, 22 Pulaski County home (W) 24 - 21 
Sep 16, 22 Somerset away (W) 45 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Simon Kenton away (W) 38 - 35 
Oct 7, 22 Knox Central home (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Lincoln County home (W) 63 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Wayne County away (W) 38 - 0 
Oct 28, 22 Campbell County home (W) 42 - 0 
Nov 4, 22 Harlan County home (W) 55 - 0
(11-06-2022, 08:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 04:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Letcher County Central avoids turnovers and recovers an onside kick or two, then they will have a good shot at an upset. LCC may be the best running team that Corbin plays this season unless they play Johnson Central next week.

Corbin by 12

Corbin will have a big advantage in the kicking game. I doubt that LCC attempts to kick an extra point and Corbin should start drives with a short field.
We’ve played both rushing and passing teams in the top 5 in the state Regardless
of class. I think we’ll be prepared for about any style. I still look for LCC to try some wrinkles or trickery in their O. I’m sure it will be sometbing we or anyone else hasn’t seen from them. But I said it before In the week. That only works for so long. But without it LCC does a good job with motions to try and confuse Pass coverage. You see them motion a back out and he’ll be wide open. I don’t think they’ll get much of those with us. But who knows?? I like watching their offense. But like you or someone else said, they rely To much on 2 or 3 players. About like Wayne and Knox did, although I think LCC is better. 

your quote reminded me of that show and I can’t think of the name of it. But the guy said to the team “don’t give up! We’re only 2 scores, the extra points, 2 onside kicks, and a FG of making it a game!” Hahah 

5 in rushing regardless of class? That blew my mind. But not in the top 10 in passing. Which makes sense since the QB was out. But shocked me about the rushing. Especially as much as they throw
LCC is obviously much better than KC, having just beaten them like a drum while giving up only 6 points. Apparently, LCC also did a pretty good job defending Partin although his stats have not been posted yet.

I may have made the comment about Letcher County relying too much on to few players before the JC game, but I was proven wrong. They would struggle without Little but he has some pretty good teammates. JC had some trouble putting enough pressure on him before he either got rid of the ball or crossed the line of scrimmage. In the past, JC had a lot of success shutting down LCC's offense by pressuring the quarterback and penetrating the backfield. I can't recall ever seeing a high school quarterback that runs as often as Little average 10 yards per carry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hound05
(11-06-2022, 08:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 08:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Corbin by 12

LCC is obviously much better than KC, having just beaten them like a drum while giving up only 6 points. Apparently, LCC also did a pretty good job defending Partin although his stats have not been posted yet.

I may have made the comment about Letcher County relying too much on to few players before the JC game, but I was proven wrong. They would struggle without Little but he has some pretty good teammates. JC had some trouble putting enough pressure on him before he either got rid of the ball or crossed the line of scrimmage. In the past, JC had a lot of success shutting down LCC's offense by pressuring the quarterback and penetrating the backfield. I can't recall ever seeing a high school quarterback that runs as often as Little average 10 yards per carry.
Just strictly talking about offensive skill players, because I know they have a good line. But looking back through the stats, it’s pretty much been Little and Mathew’s. Johnson has been getting more rushes recently but it’s always around 40
or 50 yards or less. Then their WRs, there’s nothing eye popping but it’s no fault of their own, they don’t throw as much as I thought they did. Interestingly, one kid named miller, had a 100 yd game on like 9 rushes. But since that game his carry’s have gone way down. But the Johnson kids have come up some. Still mostly 2 players responsible for their offense. It looks like they’ve got some talent at the other spots but don’t utilize it possibly. But I think to have a chance they are gonna have to have about 2 or maybe 3 more step up on offense. Or those two will have To have a field day! Most of them play on defense too. One thing that’s not been mentioned is depth. I don’t know what LCC has in that department, but I’d be willing to bet Corbin’s gonna have more, not being arrogant, just an observation.
(11-06-2022, 06:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Corbin holds Letcher to zero points, I may shave my head.....Or get me a MOHAWK and die my hair RED... Smile
I double down on that bet.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin will destroy everything in their path.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-06-2022, 10:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Corbin will destroy everything in their path.

[Image: https://media2.giphy.com/media/cMso9wDwq....webp&ct=g]
You guys know the boys will hold u to that hahahaha
(11-06-2022, 10:17 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: You guys know the boys will hold u to that hahahaha

They better get a goose egg, I need a hair cut.. Smile
(11-06-2022, 10:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 10:07 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Corbin will destroy everything in their path.

[Image: https://media2.giphy.com/media/cMso9wDwq....webp&ct=g]
About like this goat that will eat anything in its path  Big Grin
I'm really looking forward to the Letcher game because this will be the first true test on the defensive side for the Hounds since the SK game. Kenton had a field day in the first half of that one. Corbin did hold them to 7 points in the second half and no one has done that to the Pioneers since. Corbin did shut down a Wayne County team that has some capable athletes on offense but Letcher appears to be a stiffer challenge. Corbin has so many skilled athletes on offense. They can score on anyone. The true test to whether or not they will end their four decade title drought will depend on their ability to play championship level defense.

We may be able to begin answering that question after the meeting with Letcher Friday evening. Can Corbin completely shut down a good Letcher offense and solidify themselves as the top team in this class or will they give up a few scores and win something like 49-28 or 49-35 and leave doubts about their ability to shut down high-caliber offenses? I hope we see the former and not the latter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
If we blow them out I feel… well you know that feeling when you got to go #1 really really bad, and those first few seconds when you finally let it rip. That’s how good I’ll be feeling about this team!! Haha.

Several have mentioned that LCC has been getting more players involved on the offensive end. But combing through their stats I think an argument can be made that it’s almost getting tighter. Which I hope to be true. You can win some districts and maybe some first round playoff games with one or two good players. But the second round and especially the third round it’s not gonna fly. I think when people see me or someone else just talking about 2 players, we don’t really think that they just have 2 good athletes. I’ve seen them a lot. They’ve got a great Oline and some good WRs. We’re talking about getting them involved in their O, not just having 2 or 3 responsible for their entire Offensive production.

They got a good Dline too. Hard to judge just how good though. Because it’s almost like they aren’t consistent maybe? I don’t now. They’ll give up 50 to hazard but hold JC in the 30s. I don’t know any particular LCC fans on here other than maybe running wild. But it looks like that might be their weakness? Maybe if someone that’s close to them can chime in. Sometbing I’m going to watch is #8 on defense. Can he do the same thing he’s been doing to other teams on our OT’s? He’s got some size and strength it looks like, and he’s not slow., couple that with some nice moves. He’s pretty good on the end.
I don’t see how a win against Letcher is a playoff defining moment. The same Letcher that lost to Hazard and barely beat Shelby Valley. Most rankings have Corbin #1 in 4A, and if they are then this should be a clock runner or close to it. The best team in 4A shouldn’t be in a dog fight with the second best team in a district.
(11-06-2022, 11:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: If we blow them out I feel… well you know that feeling when you got to go #1 really really bad, and those first few seconds when you finally let it rip. That’s how good I’ll be feeling about this team!! Haha.

Several have mentioned that LCC has been getting more players involved on the offensive end. But combing through their stats I think an argument can be made that it’s almost getting tighter. Which I hope to be true. You can win some districts and maybe some first round playoff games with one or two good players. But the second round and especially the third round it’s not gonna fly. I think when people see me or someone else just talking about 2 players, we don’t really think that they just have 2 good athletes. I’ve seen them a lot. They’ve got a great Oline and some good WRs. We’re talking about getting them involved in their O, not just having 2 or 3 responsible for their entire Offensive production.

They got a good Dline too. Hard to judge just how good though. Because it’s almost like they aren’t consistent maybe? I don’t now. They’ll give up 50 to hazard but hold JC in the 30s. I don’t know any particular LCC fans on here other than maybe running wild. But it looks like that might be their weakness? Maybe if someone that’s close to them can chime in. Sometbing I’m going to watch is #8 on defense. Can he do the same thing he’s been doing to other teams on our OT’s? He’s got some size and strength it looks like, and he’s not slow., couple that with some nice moves. He’s pretty good on the end.
Johnson Central ran for over 370 yards against Letcher County Central. McCoart rushed for 193 yards on 18 carries and Lawson rushed for 132 yards on 16 carries. LCC's defense played well but they did not exactly stop JC's running game. They did limit Chase Price to 46 yards, but I don't think anybody that JC will be playing is going to contain all of JC's running backs. LCC's offense played well enough to prevent JC from dominating the time of possession, which is what held down the score. LCC's well placed squib kicks also limited JC's opportunities for long kickoff returns.
(11-07-2022, 12:11 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I don’t see how a win against Letcher is a playoff defining moment. The same Letcher that lost to Hazard and barely beat Shelby Valley. Most rankings have Corbin #1 in 4A, and if they are then this should be a clock runner or close to it. The best team in 4A shouldn’t be in a dog fight with the second best team in a district.

I agree. It shouldn't. And I don't think it will. Corbin should send a message to the rest of 4A.  And the following week should be the same battering. JC lost to NL and barely escaped this Letcher bunch. If Corbin batters Letcher, they should batter Johnson.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05, Waitaminute
(11-07-2022, 12:49 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 11:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote: If we blow them out I feel… well you know that feeling when you got to go #1 really really bad, and those first few seconds when you finally let it rip. That’s how good I’ll be feeling about this team!! Haha.

Johnson Central ran for over 370 yards against Letcher County Central. McCoart rushed for 193 yards on 18 carries and Lawson rushed for 132 yards on 16 carries. LCC's defense played well but they did not exactly stop JC's running game. They did limit Chase Price to 46 yards, but I don't think anybody that JC will be playing is going to contain all of JC's running backs. LCC's offense played well enough to prevent JC from dominating the time of possession, which is what held down the score. LCC's well placed squib kicks also limited JC's opportunities for long kickoff returns.
It’s past my bedtime so I’m not all there, but not sure where you are going with that? I don’t think anybody said or maybe even though, LCC shut down the eagles. Looking at the stats it doesn’t appear either team shut down the other. You might have been referring to the hazard put up 50 and Jc 35. After reading it again, I could have been more clear. I meant team wise. Some teams they’ve shut or slowed them down on D, some not. Some they’ve exploded on offense, some not. That’s what I meant by inconsistence. Not as much their line, I’ve not paid that close attention to them. But team wise they’ve been a little inconsistent. But I’ll say this, I meant that statement because I was referring to the fact that I believe JCHS is way better than hazard, especially their high power offense. So the fact they let hazard put up 50 and JC 35 to me, means they’re a little inconsistent. Point wise. Respectfully, I couldn’t care less about yardage, which was why I was a little confused. You know as well as anyone, yardage don’t win games. I see the point you were trying to make now, but I never said they even slowed them down. But point wise their team D allowed hazard to put up 50 and the eagles 35, when I think the eagles are miles beyond hazard. Now that could have been for a lot of reasons. But short field with JC would be a death sentence and one would think they’d put up a lot. And 35 is a lot. But DC held them scoreless BReathitt didn’t allow them to light up the score board. But if LCC ate up the clock enough that would mean JC couldn’t get them off the field as compared to DC or even BReathitt maybe some. But that’s what I’m meaning by not consistent. Some worse teams- and not just comparing them to JC, other on their schedule- they are underperforming compared to better teams. Just looking at the scores anyways.  Because I don’t think for a minute some of these teams are even close to other teams they’ve played.
Corbin will absolutely embarrass LCC.

End of discussion.
Hope you’re right. I’d love to eat my words on this game haha. They look good on film. So it’s hard to judge. The only team they’ve played worth anything is JC and I still have questions about them.
If Corbin can’t handle the run game then JC will give them a good game. But I think Corbin can handle it.
I think we can handle running teams. It’s the way that the cougars run with the QB That make it a little hard.
(11-07-2022, 03:15 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

It’s past my bedtime so I’m not all there, but not sure where you are going with that? I don’t think anybody said or maybe even though, LCC shut down the eagles. Looking at the stats it doesn’t appear either team shut down the other. You might have been referring to the hazard put up 50 and Jc 35. After reading it again, I could have been more clear. I meant team wise. Some teams they’ve shut or slowed them down on D, some not. Some they’ve exploded on offense, some not. That’s what I meant by inconsistence. Not as much their line, I’ve not paid that close attention to them. But team wise they’ve been a little inconsistent. But I’ll say this, I meant that statement because I was referring to the fact that I believe JCHS is way better than hazard, especially their high power offense. So the fact they let hazard put up 50 and JC 35 to me, means they’re a little inconsistent. Point wise. Respectfully, I couldn’t care less about yardage, which was why I was a little confused. You know as well as anyone, yardage don’t win games. I see the point you were trying to make now, but I never said they even slowed them down. But point wise their team D allowed hazard to put up 50 and the eagles 35, when I think the eagles are miles beyond hazard. Now that could have been for a lot of reasons. But short field with JC would be a death sentence and one would think they’d put up a lot. And 35 is a lot. But DC held them scoreless BReathitt didn’t allow them to light up the score board. But if LCC ate up the clock enough that would mean JC couldn’t get them off the field as compared to DC or even BReathitt maybe some. But that’s what I’m meaning by not consistent. Some worse teams- and not just comparing them to JC, other on their schedule- they are underperforming compared to better teams. Just looking at the scores anyways.  Because I don’t think for a minute some of these teams are even close to other teams they’ve played.
You spend a lot of time comparing early season scores to recent scores. Young teams that are well coached will improve more over the course of a season than a veteran team will. Both JC and LCC are young teams. It should surprise nobody to see that young teams are inconsistent in early season games. LCC's confidence grows with every good performance.
(11-07-2022, 01:47 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 12:11 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I don’t see how a win against Letcher is a playoff defining moment. The same Letcher that lost to Hazard and barely beat Shelby Valley. Most rankings have Corbin #1 in 4A, and if they are then this should be a clock runner or close to it. The best team in 4A shouldn’t be in a dog fight with the second best team in a district.

I agree. It shouldn't. And I don't think it will. Corbin should send a message to the rest of 4A.  And the following week should be the same battering. JC lost to NL and barely escaped this Letcher bunch. If Corbin batters Letcher, they should batter Johnson.

Agreed.
(11-07-2022, 10:43 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You spend a lot of time comparing early season scores to recent scores. Young teams that are well coached will improve more over the course of a season than a veteran team will. Both JC and LCC are young teams. It should surprise nobody to see that young teams are inconsistent in early season games. LCC's confidence grows with every good performance.
I said they were inconsistent. And young teams have more room to improve, but a veteran team and a young team would improve at same rate. A week, a game, is s the same for any team. A young team isn’t gonna get twice the experience or growth as a vet because they are young. And im not talking about early season. I said their whole season. And their top two play makers are seniors. Big guy on the end #8, senior. Their top WR target, #13 senior. #46 is a frosh but he don’t have big role in offensive production. Their offensive line. #68 and #78 both seniors. #73 junior. #52 a senior. #75 senior. I’m not even gonna look at the D because a lot play both ways. So LCC is FARRRR from being “young”. They are an upperclassman starting team. Percentage wise they probably have 90% juniors and mostly seniors starting. So I’m not sure what you are talking about. Not looked at JC because I’m not concerned with them at this point. Now I’m sure they’ve got better throughout the season, as have everyone else. But if someone did look at “early” season games, if the same teams played week 1 similar results would be expected in week 10 if they played again. Now I did talk about hazard game, I don’t know how many people would consider week 4 early, middle-ish I guess. But heck, they put up about the same points on a bad Perry central team as they did 2 weeks later on JC. Now some may think JC just isn’t that good. I refuse to believe it, or I think they are way ahead of Perry central. So that’s why im saying they are inconsistent and hard to judge. That or a sub .500 team from TN in a weak conference is the best team they’ve played.
(11-07-2022, 05:45 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: Corbin will absolutely embarrass LCC.

End of discussion.

And Johnson Central.lol
(11-07-2022, 12:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

I said they were inconsistent. And young teams have more room to improve, but a veteran team and a young team would improve at same rate. A week, a game, is s the same for any team. A young team isn’t gonna get twice the experience or growth as a vet because they are young. And im not talking about early season. I said their whole season. And their top two play makers are seniors. Big guy on the end #8, senior. Their top WR target, #13 senior. #46 is a frosh but he don’t have big role in offensive production. Their offensive line. #68 and #78 both seniors. #73 junior. #52 a senior. #75 senior. I’m not even gonna look at the D because a lot play both ways. So LCC is FARRRR from being “young”. They are an upperclassman starting team. Percentage wise they probably have 90% juniors and mostly seniors starting. So I’m not sure what you are talking about. Not looked at JC because I’m not concerned with them at this point. Now I’m sure they’ve got better throughout the season, as have everyone else. But if someone did look at “early” season games, if the same teams played week 1 similar results would be expected in week 10 if they played again. Now I did talk about hazard game, I don’t know how many people would consider week 4 early, middle-ish I guess. But heck, they put up about the same points on a bad Perry central team as they did 2 weeks later on JC. Now some may think JC just isn’t that good. I refuse to believe it, or I think they are way ahead of Perry central. So that’s why im saying they are inconsistent and hard to judge. That or a sub .500 team from TN in a weak conference is the best team they’ve played.

13 is a sophomore
46 is a sophomore 
75 is a sophomore
18 is a sophomore
10 is a sophomore
2 is a sophomore 
1 is a sophomore 
All starters on both sides.

There whole secondary is sophomores and they got torched on back end to start the season is why they give up so manny points. They have played much better recently and have done good against the run most of season. I think Letcher needs to play Littlr on defense Friday night. He is there best secondary player but they try to rest him where he runs so much on offense. Johnson is the guy that can really surprise Corbin. Everyone has bees screaming for him to get more carries all season. He is 250lbs and has speed to break big runs. Since they started running and throwing him the ball the offense has looked so much better.

(11-07-2022, 02:14 PM)TakeOver12 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 12:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 12:49 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central ran for over 370 yards against Letcher County Central. McCoart rushed for 193 yards on 18 carries and Lawson rushed for 132 yards on 16 carries. LCC's defense played well but they did not exactly stop JC's running game. They did limit Chase Price to 46 yards, but I don't think anybody that JC will be playing is going to contain all of JC's running backs. LCC's offense played well enough to prevent JC from dominating the time of possession, which is what held down the score. LCC's well placed squib kicks also limited JC's opportunities for long kickoff returns.

13 is a sophomore
46 is a sophomore 
75 is a sophomore
18 is a sophomore
10 is a sophomore
2 is a sophomore 
1 is a sophomore 
All starters on both sides.
#3 is a freshman. Letcher only has 7 seniors. 2 plays defense And 4 starts on offense. Every skilled player besides little will be back most are sophomores
Little is a One Man Gang. Gonna be hard to replace. Kinda like Issac Dixon was at Belfry.
I like the cougars in this one.

LLCHS 18
CHS - 16
(11-07-2022, 05:19 PM)papabear02 Wrote: I like the cougars in this one. 

LLCHS 18
CHS - 16

You would like it, but it's not gonna happen.lol
(11-07-2022, 05:19 PM)papabear02 Wrote: I like the cougars in this one. 

LLCHS 18
CHS - 16

If Letcher holds Corbin to 16 points or less  , I will be waiting outside the gate (on the visitors side) and will hand the first Letcher fan who asks for it  a nice crisp $100 bill.  On my word as a gentleman( as Gentleman Dan Caldwell on the Andy Griffith Show said).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next